Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Colorado baker sues state officials, claiming continued religious persecution

A Colorado baker who won a Supreme Court case after refusing to make a custom cake for a same-sex wedding is suing Gov. John Hickenlooper (D-Colo.) and members of the state's Civil Rights Commission, saying he is still being persecuted for his religious believes.

Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips filed the lawsuit late Tuesday night in U.S. District Court, The Denver Post reports. It alleges that Colorado officials are still trying to force him to bake cakes he finds objectionable, despite the Supreme Court ruling in June that found previous attempts to do so amounted to religious persecution.

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-bat ... -religious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Who said being a filthy racist and bigoted piece of human TRASH would be easy! Man up, punk.

I would say Woman up but you are allegedly a "man", but as we all know none of you guys actually are.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

Whining MAGAT.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

And also today...

Baker claims religious persecution again — this time after denying cake for transgender woman - WP

Quote:
Add another layer to the legal drama surrounding the Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple — and took his case all the way to the Supreme Court.

Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colo., on Tuesday filed another federal lawsuit against the state alleging religious discrimination.

This time, the cake at the center of the controversy was not for a wedding. In June 2017, Colorado lawyer Autumn Scardina called Masterpiece Cakeshop to request a custom cake that was blue on the outside and pink on the inside.

The occasion, Scardina told the bakery’s employees, was to celebrate her birthday, as well as the seventh anniversary of the day she had come out as transgender.

Masterpiece Cakeshop ultimately refused Scardina’s order on religious grounds.

Wait for it. These filthy conservative whites are intent on putting up their "whites only" signs. Transgender persons of every stripe are the quickest/dirtiest targets for this kind of discrimination. Next to them, LGBTQ and disabled of every stripe (and there is a lot of crossover) is the next easiest target.

The goal is re-segregating this country in the same old-fashioned ways: special rights for violent, conservative, Christian-Protestant whites.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maybe the baker figured out a way to make that kind of litigation pay. I mean something like he might get a fine for a hundred thousand dollars but get a million in donations. Something like that. Because without something like that the story above doesn't make sense or seem plausible.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sam might be on to something, stupid cons do part with their money rather easily.