RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yom Kippur is, in the American calendar, next Wednesday. :D

Thank you

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

I had to put it on my syllabus, I know. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you had any idea what you are talking about you would know I ve been in favor of single payer for well over a decade.

But this thread is about free college. I notice you like all the others here have not been able to say how we pay for it.

The tax cuts for the rich could have paid for it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

The tax cuts for the rich could have paid for it.

That is just lw non fact based rhetoric. According to the Washington Post people earning over 732000 recieve on average 33000 from the tax cut. It would take 9000000 people to make up the 300 billion cost. Not to mention future increases

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is just lw non fact based rhetoric. According to the Washington Post people earning over 732000 recieve on average 33000 from the tax cut. It would take 9000000 people to make up the 300 billion cost. Not to mention future increases

And the corporations? How about their $1.5 TRILLION tax cut?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

And the corporations? How about their $1.5 TRILLION tax cut?

Another lw lie. If corporations paid 1.5 trillion a year in taxes we would be swimming in money.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump's tax cuts saved corporate ametica about 13 billion this year

Last edited by glenfs on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you had any idea what you are talking about you would know I ve been in favor of single payer for well over a decade.

What I know is that you lie like a dog. I cant speak for anybody else, but afaic I dont believe a word out of your festering pie hole.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

What I know is that you lie like a dog. I cant speak for anybody else, but afaic I dont believe a word out of your festering pie hole.

I think you are a great guy and not full of crap at all :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Another lw lie. If corporations paid 1.5 trillion a year in taxes we would be swimming in money.

Via Bloomberg:

$1.64 Trillion Reasons

The Trump tax cuts have so far had a feather-light impact on the paychecks of most American workers. For most American companies, though, they’ve landed like a ton of bricks – solid-gold ones.

In the first three quarters of 2018, companies in the S&P 500 saved $30 billion thanks to the corporate tax rate dropping to 21 percent from 35, per Stephen Gandel’s math. Given the size of the companies involved, $30 billion may not sound like much. But it represents 43 percent of total profit growth in the quarter from a year earlier.

In other words, you can thank tax cuts for nearly half the growth in big-company earnings in the first quarter. For many companies – including a favorite target of Trump’s ire, Amazon.com Inc. – the boost was even more substantial, representing all, or nearly all, the quarter’s growth.

It gets better: At the rate they’re going, S&P 500 companies could save $1.64 trillion in taxes over the next decade, Steve estimates – $300 billion more than lawmakers expected. Now we’re talking real money.

And that's just the S&P 500.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Universal Medicare is an easy answer because we collectively as a society are already paying enough in to more than pay for universal healthcare. Which is why I support it.

That does not even begin to address the question of how we pay for so called free college.

As for your calling me a racist if I am not mistaken the Jewish Day of atonement is very close. If it hasn't already passed you can atone here in public or simply send me a pm to avoid embarrassment.

^feckless, J#w-baiting remark.

How come so many white cons are such flagrant bigots?

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Before you said 500 billion. Which orifice have you pulled 300 billion from?

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

All of his orifices serve the purpose of expelling his shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Conservatives are prolife.

Conservatives are profamily.

Trump's tax cuts saved corporate ametica about 13 billion this year

Detention of Migrant Children Has Skyrocketed to Highest Levels Ever - NYT

Quote:
Even though hundreds of children separated from their families after crossing the border have been released under court order, the overall number of detained migrant children has exploded to the highest ever recorded — a significant counternarrative to the Trump administration’s efforts to reduce the number of undocumented families coming to the United States.

Population levels at federally contracted shelters for migrant children have quietly shot up more than fivefold since last summer, according to data obtained by The New York Times, reaching a total of 12,800 this month. There were 2,400 such children in custody in May 2017.

The huge increases, which have placed the federal shelter system near capacity, are due not to an influx of children entering the country, but a reduction in the number being released to live with families and other sponsors, the data collected by the Department of Health and Human Services suggests. Some of those who work in the migrant shelter network say the bottleneck is straining both the children and the system that cares for them.

Most of the children crossed the border alone, without their parents. Many are teenagers from Central America, and they are housed in a system of more than 100 shelters across the United States, with the highest concentration near the southwest border.

Conservatives are misanthropes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:17 am 
Board Emeritus

But this thread is about free college. I notice you like all the others here have not been able to say how we pay for it.

Your hatred of the very idea of "free college" is simple fantasy.

Here in the actual world, you're paying for children to be locked up in conservative concentration camps. Your party leader wants you to keep paying for it, in perpetuity.

Trump Administration Moves To Indefinitely Detain Migrant Children - WBUR

Quote:
The Trump administration wants to end limits on how long they can hold migrant children in custody. Instead of 20 days, they now want to hold them indefinitely.

CNN: "Sessions to immigration judges: Immigrants' attorneys like 'water seeping' around law" — "Attorney General Jeff Sessions told a new group of immigration judges Monday that it is their job to 'restore the rule of law' to the immigration system over the contrary efforts of the lawyers who represent immigrants.

"The remarks at the training of the largest-ever class of new immigration judges implied that the judges were on the same team as the Trump administration, and that immigrants and their attorneys were trying to undermine their efforts."

PBS NewsHour: "More than 400 migrant children remain separated from their parents. Here’s what we know" — "More than 400 migrant children remain separated from their parents and under the federal government’s care, according to court documents filed this week.

"In late July — the deadline set by a federal judge for the U.S.to reunite more than 2,500 migrant families separated at the southwest border — federal agents had successfully reunited more than half of affected children with their parents. Now, the number of children that remain separated as a result of the Trump administration’s 'zero tolerance' policy hovers at 416, dozens fewer than reported in last week’s status update.

"Amid the ongoing reunification effort for these migrant families was Thursday’s news of the Department of Homeland Security’s decision to change the longstanding Flores agreement, which requires the government to hold immigrant children in the 'least restrictive setting' and generally release them after 20 days in detention."

But we can't afford fee collidddgggge :problem:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:39 am 
Board Emeritus

That is just lw non fact based rhetoric. According to the Washington Post people earning over 732000 recieve on average 33000 from the tax cut. It would take 9000000 people to make up the 300 billion

Quote:
cost. Not to mention future increases

Future increases? When you guys are happy to pay for Latinx child internment, indefinitely?

https://www.facebook.com/ivanpierreagui ... 4328233942

Ivan Pierre Aguirre
September 12 at 7:46 PM ·

With news that #tentcity in #Tornillo is not only staying open longer, but expanding, I decided to go up on a helicopter and head to the port of entry to make some new photos & continue to document this important story. Large buildings are going up & there are so many more kids & tents than when I first went out there in June. Today was the first time I saw and photographed young girls at the #immigration shelter. #BorderStories #LaFrontera #ElPaso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 am 
Board Emeritus

As for your calling me a racist if I am not mistaken the Jewish Day of atonement is very close. If it hasn't already passed you can atone here in public or simply send me a pm to avoid embarrassment.

^feckless, J#w-baiting remark.

How come so many white cons are such flagrant bigots?

I was about to post that the dumb fucker just doesn't get it...and then I reminded myself of how wrong that is.

He gets it fine. He's just the worst of them. Posting his bigot shit telling black people, Muslims, Mexicans, and in this case Jews how they should be feeling, and what they should be thinking.

I'm gonna have a t-shit made just for glen that says:
"It's a kike thing, you kikes wouldn't understand."

The tiki torch marchers chanting "Jews will not replace us" have twice the integrity of glen. At least their outside matches their inside. glen's outside is a total fraud. If you're the wrong color or the wrong religion, glen will give you a big wet kiss on the mouth and when you turn and walk away he will crack your skull open with a ball-peen hammer. Its figurative speech, glen.*** So let's not have your typical whining about how you're being accused of being a violent person and all sorts of other personal attack bullshit, eh?

Any Jew, Muslim, Mexican, or Black person who trusts glen, or any of his conservative Republican brethren, is a fucking fool.

***figure of speech. n. pl. figures of speech. An expression that uses language in a nonliteral way, such as a metaphor or synecdoche, or in a structured or unusual way, such as anaphora or chiasmus, or that employs sounds, such as alliteration or assonance, to achieve a rhetorical effect.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

I was about to post that the dumb fucker just doesn't get it...and then I reminded myself of how wrong that is.

He gets it fine. He's just the worst of them. Posting his bigot shit telling black people, Muslims, Mexicans, and in this case Jews how they should be feeling, and what they should be thinking.

I'm gonna have a t-shit made just for glen that says:
"It's a kike thing, you kikes wouldn't understand."

The tiki torch marchers chanting "Jews will not replace us" have twice the integrity of glen. At least their outside matches their inside. glen's outside is a total fraud.

For someone who feigns such outrage at blasphemy, glenfs as a white Evangelical sure doesn't have any problem using Judaism as a stick to beat a Jewish person, not to mention presume all manner of things about your personal relationship to Judaism.

Antisemitism takes so many forms. This is one of the worst I have seen on this board.

Cripes, white Evangelicals are so ignorant.

Quote:
If you're the wrong color or the wrong religion, glen will give you a big wet kiss on the mouth and when you turn and walk away he will crack your skull open with a ball-peen hammer. Its figurative speech, glen.*** So let's not have your typical whining about how you're being accused of being a violent person and all sorts of other personal attack bullshit, eh?

Any Jew, Muslim, Mexican, or Black person who trusts glen, or any of his conservative Republican brethren, is a fucking fool.

Yeah I've gotten the same treatment from him. My parents used to have a quip that encapsulated their 1965 journey across segregated USA from New York to California, after they got married and came out here to settle: "Y'all come back now, ya hear? [ brick hits you in the back of the head ]"

Can't be trusted.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

For someone who feigns such outrage at blasphemy, glenfs as a white Evangelical sure doesn't have any problem using Judaism as a stick to beat a Jewish person, not to mention presume all manner of things about your personal relationship to Judaism.

Antisemitism takes so many forms. This is one of the worst I have seen on this board.

Cripes, white Evangelicals are so ignorant.

Yeah I've gotten the same treatment from him. My parents used to have a quip that encapsulated their 1965 journey across segregated USA from New York to California, after they got married and came out here to settle: "Y'all come back now, ya hear? [ brick hits you in the back of the head ]"

Can't be trusted.

Don't forget, glen and his ilk will complain about Christians being persecuted in the U.S. for their beliefs which is code for "Why can't we discriminate against non-Christians."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Don't forget, glen and his ilk will complain about Christians being persecuted in the U.S. for their beliefs which is code for "Why can't we discriminate against non-Christians."

Ha, let me wordsmith that a little for you.

"Why can't we kick around non-Christians any g.d. time we feel like it....anymore..."

Why can't we get away with raping and impregnating Black girls like Strom Thurmond did, anymore?

Why can't we force nonwhites to step off into the gutter when we're on the sidewalk, anymore??

Why can't we get away with mass-murder of anyone who doesn't do what as we say, anymore???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ok you tell me how much money it would cost. The 500 was a guess. The 300 is based on the numder of students times average in state tuition. So it is also an estimate. One that is low because it doesnt factor in community college or how we handle out of state costs or future increases

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ha, let me wordsmith that a little for you.

"Why can't we kick around non-Christians any g.d. time we feel like it....anymore..."

Why can't we get away with raping and impregnating Black girls like Strom Thurmond did, anymore?

Why can't we force nonwhites to step off into the gutter when we're on the sidewalk, anymore??

Why can't we get away with mass-murder of anyone who doesn't do what as we say, anymore???

Thank you and now I will return the favor

I have completely lost the arguement about free college. So I will start yelling racists over and over.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

What does any of the nonsense you wrote have to do with free college or how we pay for free college?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

What does any of the nonsense you wrote have to do with free college or how we pay for free college?

Taxes. How other countries do things.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

In glen's troubled world, free college is not so much a scapegoat as a bugaboo.

bugaboo
noun plural -boos

an imaginary source of fear; bugbear; bogey

Word Origin
C18: probably of Celtic origin; compare Cornish buccaboo the devil
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition

(Dictionary.com)

---

Long as we're discussing Yom Kippur...

Glen would love the old way they did the High Holy Days, which is where we get "scapegoat." They'd load up someone's prize animal with all the sins of the year, figuratively speaking, and cast said animal into the desert, presumably to die. Very big in Leviticus.

Glen loads up illusory lefties regularly, though he rarely lets them escape his troubled brain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next