RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:39 pm 
Policy Wonk

Judge T.S. Ellis, the Trial Judge in Paul Manafort case is facing threats against his person and is refusing to release the names and addresses of the jurors who currently in deliberations regarding the fate of Manafort.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ed-threats.

Judge Ellis is being guarded by U.S. Marshalls. "I have the marshals' protection," said Judge Ellis.

Judge Ellis denied a request from CNN, The Associated Press, Politico, NBC News, The New York Times, The Washington Post and BuzzFeed News, Ellis said he has no reason to believe the jurors wouldn’t also be exposed to threats if their names were revealed. “I had no idea this case would excite these emotions, I will tell you frankly,” he said.

Had the jurors been told at the outset of the case that their names would be revealed, Ellis said he likely would have seen some requests to be excused.

The jury in the Manafort Trial is expected retire for the weekend without a verdict.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

No word about where the threats are from? Could be either the far left or far right or even both.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

No word about where the threats are from? Could be either the far left or far right or even both.

Or from the MOB. You know, the guys Paulie Walnuts works for?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

While there are a scant few far lefties who will make threats, the vast majority of these things come from the right, where we have a President who tells people to attack others, calls a legal and legit investigation a "witch hunt" and calls the press the "enemy of the people".

But no lefty is going to threaten the judge over Paul Manafort. It's the right that is up in arms over this trial.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, Trump was shooting his mouth off about the Manafort trial this morning. Calling him innocent, saying he was a good man etc.

Then Manafort's Lawyer makes comments about how it's great to have Trump's support. What Trump and Manafort's lawyer have done, is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!

Now we're seeing various legal folks chiming in with this:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Troll.

It could be from the far left or the entire right. There is no such thing as the far right. Nazis with tiki torches running down women with their car are only marginally different from you, glen.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:28 pm 
Policy Wonk

I ain't buying what glen is trying to sell.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Troll.

It could be from the far left or the entire right. There is no such thing as the far right. Nazis with tiki torches running down women with their car are only marginally different from you, glen.

Not at all different these days. Unless glen thinks there was a distinction between nazi soldiers and nazi citizenry.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:55 pm 
Policy Wonk

BTW, Trump was shooting his mouth off about the Manafort trial this morning. Calling him innocent, saying he was a good man etc.

Then Manafort's Lawyer makes comments about how it's great to have Trump's support. What Trump and Manafort's lawyer have done, is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!

Now we're seeing various legal folks chiming in with this:

Not exactly anything new. Tricky Dicky inserted himself Tate/LaBianca Murde Trial when he said Manson and company were guilty. Manson had gotten a copy of the LA Times and somehow smuggled into the courtroom and flashed the headline with Nixon in quotes. The defense called for a mistrial, but did not get it. Nixon later walked back what he had said.

https://www.nytimes.com/1970/08/04/arch ... coast.html.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:15 am 
Board Emeritus

This judge did everything he could to hand the case to the defense. If he was threatened by any lefties, I can understand why.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:27 am 
Policy Wonk

I think the judge has been purposefully obtuse. The majority his courtroom comments, and actions have been against the prosecutors. It has been a while since my mother warned me not to roll my eyes at her, but his admonishment about facial expressions?? Um ok. And even when forced to correct his own error, he still spun his correction and redirection as of his error was not that bug a deal. And I am sure the jury enjoyed his two hour instruction tape.

Also, the idea that he feels the case would not bring this kind of attention? What rock has he been under? I understand the jury needs to be next to oblivious, but one would think the judge would not have his head for up his ass as to not know.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:40 am 
Board Emeritus

I heard there are very fine people on both sides.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:53 am 
Board Emeritus

Apparently the judge likes to be a dickhead to both sides, and he didn't get that chance when the defense decided not to call any witnesses. Being hard on the prosecution is his style. Regardless, it came across as being biased against the prosecution since he didn't have a chance to give the defense the gears. This could end up being a grave mistake by Judge Ellis.

He's also claiming he's getting serious threats and he didn't sequester the jury.

Last edited by Drak on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:47 am 
Board Emeritus

I heard there are very fine people on both sides.

If I weren't so nauseous, I'd be ROTFLMAO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

This case is tainted.

Non sequestered jury and Trump is tweeting about the case.

Jurors were also free to mingle about the court house, in elevators, the cafeteria, as well as with reporters and spectators.

This is completely fucked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

if not found guilty, then

Putin has got to at least one of them, kill the family etc.

basic stuff we should have known would happen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Like I said somewhere else, without sequestration and with all the shit flying around, anyone who wishes to pursue a mistrial probably has a pretty good chance of getting it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Like I said somewhere else, without sequestration and with all the shit flying around, anyone who wishes to pursue a mistrial probably has a pretty good chance of getting it.

I am guessing that if found guilty all the crap flying around will help out Manafort's appeal.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am guessing that if found guilty all the crap flying around will help out Manafort's appeal.

Manafort is charged with more than just this case. He faces an upcoming criminal trial in DC next month for conspiracy to defraud the US, failing to register as a foreign agent (FARA), MoneyLaundering, witness tampering and making false statements.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think we can be certain that glen doesn't think Manafort has done anything wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think we can be certain that glen doesn't think Manafort has done anything wrong.

Once again and as usual you would be wrong. I do believe the prosecution made a mistake by trying him for 14 different offenses at the same time. As that reflects both desperation and bias on their part.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

So Mueller is biased? I predicted you would turn on him. I was right!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

So Mueller is biased? I predicted you would turn on him. I was right!

I never said that, I was just very surprised that he would have 14 different charges in the same trial. That seems like he is desperate to get a conviction. I would think he would have used his top 2-4 charges and concentrate on those.

Correct me if I am wrong while being charged with 14 different things might be somewhat common. Being tried for that many charges at the same trial I believe is somewhat rare. Most people I know how have been through the system get 14 different charges as an incentive to get them to plead guilty to 1 or 2 of them and the rest dropped.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

As that reflects both desperation and bias on their part.

You said bias. That's Trump's words on Mueller too. You said when he was appointed that he was above reproach and you would trust everything he did.

I said you would turn on him and use Trump's framing. I was right. Then, you said Mueller was completely unbiased. Now you accuse him of bias.

And, if Mueller comes out with a report against Trump, you'll be attacking it just like Trump wants you to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

You said bias. That's Trump's words on Mueller too. You said when he was appointed that he was above reproach and you would trust everything he did.

I said you would turn on him and use Trump's framing. I was right. Then, you said Mueller was completely unbiased. Now you accuse him of bias.

And, if Mueller comes out with a report against Trump, you'll be attacking it just like Trump wants you to.

OMG I did not mean he was or is bias in the sense you are claiming. Desperate and bias in needing a conviction so he is maybe perhaps trying to take a bigger bite of the apple then he should. 14 charges in one trial seems excessive to me and that he could be throwing things against the wall hoping something sticks.

Bias in that he knows Manafort is guilty and is desperate to convict him on something, even if his case isn't that strong. Not bias as in making up charges or bias in making sure Manafort gets away with it. I know that is confusing but, I never meant to imply Mueller is bias in a political or corrupt sense and still consider him to be above reproach.