RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 pm 
Policy Wonk

Don McGahn, the White House counsel, has been cooperating extensively with special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation largely in order to shield himself from charges, The New York Times reported Saturday.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 06b4144312.

McGahn has even divulged information that investigators would not have otherwise been aware of, such as President Donald Trump’s push to fire the special counsel, the paper reported. The Times cited interviews with a dozen current and former White House staffers regarding interviews with McGahn spanning some 30 hours.

45 is supposedly throwing himself a rage at the idea of McGahn being anywhere near the Special Prosecutor's Office.

Or the more realistic possibility is that McGahn is all to aware of 45's penchent for throwing people overboard when the smelly brown stuff hits the fan.

This puts Mueller in the meetings where 45 discussed firing the Special Prosecutor.

Anothe Holy Shit moment for 45....

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:27 am 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
I allowed White House Counsel Don McGahn, and all other requested members of the White House Staff, to fully cooperate with the Special Counsel.

In the simplest of statements, what is most evident is what an arrogant pig he is. He also allows McGahn to shit and breathe, otherwise McGahn would really be fucked. In Donald's head he allows all of us to breathe.

But no...we need the Mueller report to know that he is unfit for the office.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:56 am 
Policy Wonk

In the simplest of statements, what is most evident is what an arrogant pig he is. He also allows McGahn to shit and breathe, otherwise McGahn would really be fucked. In Donald's head he allows all of us to breathe.

45 did not allow anything. McGahn see's the ship sinking and jumped as fast as he could.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:58 am 
Policy Wonk

With Cohen becoming a cooperating witness, McGahn knew he had move as fast as he could. 45 is having fits right now. Don't worry Donnie you will always have Rudi.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:14 am 
Board Emeritus

With Cohen becoming a cooperating witness, McGahn knew he had move as fast as he could. 45 is having fits right now. Don't worry Donnie you will always have Rudi.

Although there's talk that McGahn has been speaking with Mueller since January.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:26 am 
Policy Wonk

45 is calling McGahn a "John Dean Type Rat".

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/trump- ... -type-rat/.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:36 am 
Political Junkie

White House counsel Don McGahn is worried Trump’s setting him up on obstruction — so he’s talking a lot to Mueller

President Donald Trump may not be speaking to special counsel Robert Mueller, but White House Counsel Don McGahn has. At length. Because he fears Trump may be setting him up to take the fall on potential obstruction of justice and that he’d then wind up like John Dean, former White House counsel to President Richard Nixon who eventually flipped: in prison.

Michael Schmidt and Maggie Haberman at the New York Times reported on Saturday that McGahn has taken part in at least three voluntary interviews totaling 30 hours with Mueller’s team of investigators in the Russia probe over the last nine months. He’s discussed a wide range of matters, including the president’s decision to fire former FBI director James Comey, the ouster of former national security adviser Michael Flynn, and Trump’s public and private griping about Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

The report appears to have incensed Trump, who raged about it on Twitter on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

According to the Times, two of Trump’s original lawyers, John Dowd and Ty Cobb, devised an “open-book strategy” for Trump when the Mueller investigation first started, the idea being that if Trump did nothing wrong, as he insisted, then why not be as cooperative as possible? McGahn was reportedly dubious of the plan but went along, and when the special counsel’s office asked to interview him last year, he was “surprised” but complied when Trump and his lawyers gave him the go-ahead.

The report describes McGahn and his lawyer, William Burck, as “stunned” at the Trump team’s willingness for him to talk to Mueller. So much so that they developed a theory that he’s being set up:

Mr. McGahn and his lawyer, William A. Burck, could not understand why Mr. Trump was so willing to allow Mr. McGahn to speak freely to the special counsel and feared Mr. Trump was setting up Mr. McGahn to take the blame for any possible illegal acts of obstruction, according to people close to him. So he and Mr. Burck devised their own strategy to do as much as possible to cooperate with Mr. Mueller to demonstrate that Mr. McGahn did nothing wrong.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... mp-mueller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

COHEN Deal will be finalized today per MSNBC.

Between that and McGahn, we might actually see justice someday. But I wont hold my breath.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

They'll get theirs, one way or another. There's the courthouse way, and the WWII way. That second one can get very unpleasant for everybody. History is a nastier goddess than even Pele.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 pm 
Policy Wonk

Trump doesnt seem to understand (no surprise) that unlike Cohen, McGahan is not Trumps personal attorney. There is no attorney client privilege with McGahan. The White House Counsel represents the office of the White House and the office of the President...Not the President individually.

McGahan is doing his job, 'representing the institution.'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump doesnt seem to understand (no surprise) that unlike Cohen, McGahan is not Trumps personal attorney. There is no attorney client privilege with McGahan. The White House Counsel represents the office of the White House and the office of the President...Not the President individually.

McGahan is doing his job, 'representing the institution.'

He truly thought once putin stole his election that this meant the DOJ, WH attorneys, WH cooks, whatever all had allegiance and loyalty to him and only him. This is how you think if you spend your life with organized crime and in his case with an IQ of 47.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

COHEN Deal will be finalized today per MSNBC.

Between that and McGahn, we might actually see justice someday. But I wont hold my breath.

That guy is gonna sinnnnnnngggggggggg

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Michael Cohen decides to take plea deal with DOJ

Former longtime Trump attorney Michael Cohen has decided to take a plea deal with the Justice Department to resolve his criminal investigation, and this was expected to be a straight plea deal, CBS News' Paula Reid has confirmed. Any cooperation from Cohen could help him during sentencing. Cohen went back and forth all morning over whether to take the deal, Reid reported.

Investigators have been probing whether Cohen committed bank or tax fraud in connection with his financial and business dealings including loan activities. Investigators are also interested in whether Cohen violated any campaign finance-related laws by helping arrange payment deals to secure the silence of women who claimed they had affairs with Mr. Trump.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-co ... plea-deal/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Avenatti was saying that Cohen may have waited too long to take the deal. Not sure why.

AT the end of the day, Mueller will NOT indict rump, the House will NOT impeach him at least not unless we take over.

Then, if we do, and we impeach, wont matter, Senate cant and wont convict, too many traitors there.

Rump will walk away from it all unless some state can nab him when he leaves unless putin takes matters into his own hands first.