Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Michael Avenatti
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 am 
Board Emeritus

Something stinks about this guy. He comes out of nowhere and is an over night sensation for the left. Next thing you know, he claims he might run for president. I think this is more than opportunism.

If you check out his Twitter feed, he spends a lot of time attacking the Democratic party, with claims they are incompetent and that only someone like himself can fix and lead the party. Now is not the time for this sort of division. Where have we heard this before? What is this guy's past? Who has he represented? There are pictures of him hanging Michael Cohen from a few years ago. He blocks people that question him.

I don't trust him. At all. IMO, his point is to divide.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

Post subject: Re: Michael Avenatti
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:09 am 
Board Emeritus

No use for charlatans. Someone who wants to work with others to push things forward is fine. Someone who claims only he/she can “save” whatever should be looked at with a jaundiced eye.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:48 am 
Board Emeritus

If Avenatti can assist in removing Donald Trump I don't really care how creepy he might be. When I was in the Corps there were total assholes I ran into who I would have wanted on my side in a fight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Something stinks about this guy. He comes out of nowhere and is an over night sensation for the left. Next thing you know, he claims he might run for president. I think this is more than opportunism.

If you check out his Twitter feed, he spends a lot of time attacking the Democratic party, with claims they are incompetent and that only someone like himself can fix and lead the party. Now is not the time for this sort of division. Where have we heard this before? What is this guy's past? Who has he represented? There are pictures of him hanging Michael Cohen from a few years ago. He blocks people that question him.

Also suspicious of him but I am assuming he is just an opportunist, who happens to also be very smart and a very good attorney.

The people I dont trust are Cenk Uyger and Justice Democrats. And Brand New Congress. But I think it is too late for any of that anyway, I think we are so far down the drain that worrying about how much unrest they cause in the party wont matter when everything is burning to the ground.

Putin is NOT going to sit by and let us do away with his White House.

HAVING Said all that I will vote and encourage others to because if nothing else I want to see fear in the eyes of that filthy fucking traitor and I dont mean only rump, I mean all republicans. At this point if you support rump you are BY DEFINITION a traitor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:40 pm 
Policy Wonk

The problem with choosing "effective assholes" to help you in various problems is, once the immediate problem is erased or mitigated, you're still stuck with an asshole "friend." That friend may turn out to be worse than the original problem.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

The problem with choosing "effective assholes" to help you in various problems is, once the immediate problem is erased or mitigated, you're still stuck with an asshole "friend." That friend may turn out to be worse than the original problem.

We dont know he is an asshole, someone is wondering if he is.

He is an attorney, which in some rooms is the definition of asshole, but personally I like attorneys, most of them. They serve a purpose that the rumps and mcconnells and putins would like them NOT to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Try reading his bio at Wikipedia.

He treats people, makes contracts, and pays bills about as well as Donald Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hope, in court, he takes Trump to the cleaners. As a legal warrior for his client, more power to him.

I see no particular reason to think he would make a good POTUS. A better one than Trump? Of course, but so would a potted plant, I think.

Yeah, I've lost any enthusiasm for people who think they can do a good job as leader of the free world without having held a single national, state, or local political office beforehand, and especially if those people claim that their lack of experience makes them uniquely able to save the country. Oh please.

Heard enough of that bullshit, and just because I may agree with Avenatti more in the political/ideological realm doesn't mean I want a new shoveler of it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hope, in court, he takes Trump to the cleaners. As a legal warrior for his client, more power to him.

I see no particular reason to think he would make a good POTUS. A better one than Trump? Of course, but so would a potted plant, I think.

Yeah, I've lost any enthusiasm for people who think they can do a good job as leader of the free world without having held a single national, state, or local political office beforehand, and especially if those people claim that their lack of experience makes them uniquely able to save the country. Oh please.

Heard enough of that bullshit, and just because I may agree with Avenatti more in the political/ideological realm doesn't mean I want a new shoveler of it.

And of course there is NO reason to believe any negative shit on WIKI which by now has been infested with haters, I presume.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

The one thing that tends to have the lowest accuracy level on Wikipedia are biographies of people.

Let's say I was doing the Wiki article on John Q. Smith, and I said when he was 18 he stole a car. That's a lie, he never did.

Now how many people will know that is false? Him, but you can't edit Wiki articles about yourself. Some people who know him closely.

The point is, the people who are likely to know that's a false claim may never notice it and edit it out. Wikipedia relies on its "citizen editors" to notice false info and remove it. Works well with areas of general knowledge, but statements about specific people? I guess, be cautious, with Wikipedia in general, check the source for all assertions, be most cautious about biographies.

Avenatti never struck me as a choir boy, but when you want an aggressive lawyer who will fight for you, Ms. Daniels, you don't find the choir boy.

I just don't think he would make a good politician, let alone a good POTUS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:04 am 
Board Emeritus

Nope. Don't trust this guy, at all.

Notice how when legit stuff breaks he comes out?

Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:34 am 
Board Emeritus

I could be wrong. But IMO it's controlled opposition, with a job to muddy the waters.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

Democrats apparently think he should have waited for Dr. Ford's claims had been investigated
before coming forward. His clients claims allowed the Trump base to focus their energies and
mobilize to defend their nominee. Could impact their 2018 mid-terms but one month is long
time in politics and I tend to think Trump like most politicians will over play his hand for his
nominee passed because they had the votes to pass him. Wait six-nine months and the full
truth will eventually emerge for what we have is a dumb 17 year old who got drunk and
indeed sexually assaulted a 15 yr old. He's guilty but impossible to remove unless he gets
drunk again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

He makes a lot of noise, but what has been he net effect? He made a lot of noise with his latest client but what did he bring?

If you think he is here to help the Dems, or people in general, do you have anything to point to make this claim? I don't.

I honestly do not care if Trump has an affair with Stormy or any other woman, man, or goat.

Does anyone, anyone believe even if it is proven Trump used campaign cash to pay her off and they have proof beyond reason that anything will happen?

They already know Trump makes money off the Government with his hotel in DC and they have done nothing to stop it. The Republicans don't care the Dems don't have the power to fight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

He makes a lot of noise, but what has been he net effect? He made a lot of noise with his latest client but what did he bring?

If you think he is here to help the Dems, or people in general, do you have anything to point to make this claim? I don't.

I honestly do not care if Trump has an affair with Stormy or any other woman, man, or goat.

Does anyone, anyone believe even if it is proven Trump used campaign cash to pay her off and they have proof beyond reason that anything will happen?

They already know Trump makes money off the Government with his hotel in DC and they have done nothing to stop it. The Republicans don't care the Dems don't have the power to fight.

If you were on the battlefield of WWII and you came across a friendly, ally, and they had a little handgun and were willing to help you fight off the Nazis, would you decline the help?

ANY attack by anyone of any rightwinger I welcome big time.

Notice how big this movement against him is getting? KGB has their hands all over it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nope. Don't trust this guy, at all.

Notice how when legit stuff breaks he comes out?

Exactly what KGB wants you to think.

I call them that, technically they are GRU but same thing.

I really wonder if we will survive given we cant see what is going on half the time. I say this as a friend, not being a smart ass.

But I dont know what else to do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're in a firefight on some hill in Vietnam and you look at the guy next to you and say, "Stop wasting those NVA, I dont like your attitude."

Yeh...sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

If there was a fire fight, I am sure Mr Avenatti wil be glad to go on TV away from the battle and talk about how smart he is, and how dumb Trump is, and lament your passing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

If there was a fire fight, I am sure Mr Avenatti wil be glad to go on TV away from the battle and talk about how smart he is, and how dumb Trump is, and lament your passing.

And exactly how are you so fuckin' sure? Is Avenatti your fuckin' good for nothing brother in law or something? I sometimes dont like your fuckin' attitude all that much...maybe I could say the same for you.

He's on my side in this fight and doing way more with it than most people I know of in this shithole country. Way more than some of the alleged progressives in this joint. So he's a self-promoting schmuck? So what? We got Bernie Sanders fans here who have no problems at all with a perfect master self- promoting schmuck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Got one question.

Did him bringing forward Swetnick hurt or help the case against Kavanaugh?

There was some scuttlebutt that she was a plant. I don't think so. Also, unlike glen, I'm not positive she's not telling the truth.

Gang rapes on college campuses are not far fetched at all; sadly, there are many documented and reported cases.

But, the question is, again, did bringing her forward at the time he did help or hurt the movement to stop Kavanaugh?

And BTW, as to the latter, I'm not saying he did so deliberately - don't think so - but still?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

He is wearing thin. Nothing more political opprotunist whose ego is equal to the Orange Shit Gibbon.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree with Drak. Don't trust him at all. He'd be as bad as Trump, just from our side. Not any better for the country.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree with Drak. Don't trust him at all. He'd be as bad as Trump, just from our side. Not any better for the country.

That is what the KGB wants us to say especially now that Avenatti has so much damaging stuff on rump

why do we fall for this crap ?

I dont get it?

And you know I love you in that bro way, lib way, union way, but I am telling you this aint the way to go with anyone on our side.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:15 pm 
Policy Wonk

He's an opportunist, but then there are plenty of them.

He didn't impact the Kavanaugh thing in any way, it was already decided.

American politics has long been a circus, he fits right in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 pm 
Policy Wonk

Again, if anyone can post to a positive thing Mr Avenatti has done, I am all ears.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4 ... r-backlash

Avenatti represented Julie Swetnick, who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of being present at multiple high school-era parties involving gang rapes and which she said she repeatedly attended as a college student. The allegation hasn't been corroborated, of course, and has been largely dismissed, even in some Democratic circles

Maybe Avenatti over sold his client's position, maybe he has more information. Given his bluster and persistence one would think he would have had more. The fact is Trump pummeled him in the press, pummeled him on the stump, and that opened the door for Dr. Ford to go from being a person who was believed to a victim of gross mischaracterizations. If this guy is on your side, I would look in the mirror and ask, is this who you are? I know its not me, I am not ashamed to say it.

Last edited by mcslain on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.