RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

TBH, I don't care who they voted for and I don't care whether or not the cons among them ever change their minds about anything. I'm not into changing cons' minds. But that doesn't mean I want anything bad to happen to them, either.

I've already been on their side, which expresses pretentious indifference and Schadenfreude when natural disasters hit and people die due to God's anger about homosexuality, abortion, feminism, etc.

I don't wish to ever be on any parallel side, ever again.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I find it necessary to explain myself.

How much will the government have to pony up to people in NC, SC and GA? And how many people that will demand money bitched about money spent in New Orleans or Puerto Rico?

Do I want people hurt? No. But I am damn tired of government for me but not for thee from these people.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

I find it necessary to explain myself.

How much will the government have to pony up to people in NC, SC and GA? And how many people that will demand money bitched about money spent in New Orleans or Puerto Rico?

Do I want people hurt? No. But I am damn tired of government for me but not for thee from these people.

That's what government ponying up is for, whether the cons among them like it or know it or understand it, or not.

It's going to be mostly poor and rural communities -- in South Carolina, that's to say basically Black and historically segregated -- that are going to get the worst of it.

Florence poses a new threat for rural, struggling towns - AP

Quote:
James Howell Jr. lost big two years ago when Hurricane Matthew swelled the Tar River, less than a half-mile from his home. Finally persuaded it was too dangerous to stay, he returned two days later to discover that 2 feet of standing water had turned his insulation moldy, forcing a rebuild of his living room.

Now a sofa and other furniture rest under tarps on his small front porch as he and his wife, Gloria, prepare for Hurricane Florence, which is shaping up to be much bigger and wetter, with a potential for rain that could be measured in feet.

“It’s scaring me to death,” Howell said. “If I lose my place, I ain’t coming back. I’m not coming back to Princeville no more.”

The rich have long claimed higher ground along waterways. That left freed slaves to build their homes on bottomland. That’s how Princeville, population 2,300, became the country’s first town incorporated by black Americans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's what government ponying up is for, whether the cons among them like it or know it or understand it, or not.

It's going to be mostly poor and rural communities -- in South Carolina, that's to say basically Black and historically segregated -- that are going to get the worst of it.

Florence poses a new threat for rural, struggling towns - AP

Oh, I get it. It simply pisses me off. Poor whites played for fools by rich whites as though they will ever be acceptable. Zinn noted it as have others. LBJ put it best.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

The climate loads the dice in favor of stronger hurricanes.

We don't know why they've started slowing down and hanging on the coast, causing maximum damage. Could be high pressure. That's from Arctic ice melt and North American deforestation changing air flow. But we don't know yet. It could just as easily be bad luck.

We'll find out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

they hang on that coast since the gulf stream has slowed, is slowing down, not moving quickly
towards europe.

imo, this relates again to deforestation on this continent vs other continents which have their own
personal issues with weather due to deforestations.
Australia's in an awful drought. theyre not getting any weathers from anywhere else.
nothing around them has any vegetation, any trees, forests.

from this continent there is little wind now to move the gulf stream, there is tons
of evaporation heading to and ON the east coast and Along the east coast, turning to rains whose water
then flows into the Atlantic ocean, AKA more warm water flowing into the gulf stream slowing
it down while warming it up. arctic ice melt pouring waterS into the gulf stream also slows it down.

apparently, while inhabiting this earth humans have learned nothing about how big trees
help life survive.

Last edited by rainwater on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

The climate loads the dice in favor of stronger hurricanes.

We don't know why they've started slowing down and hanging on the coast, causing maximum damage. Could be high pressure. That's from Arctic ice melt and North American deforestation changing air flow. But we don't know yet. It could just as easily be bad luck.

We'll find out.

I NEVER call out other liberals NO MATTER what (unless they are breaking the law or advocating violence)...oh wait, you were talking about something else, never mind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

they hang on that coast since the gulf stream has slowed, is slowing down, not moving quickly
towards europe.

imo, this relates again to deforestation on this continent vs other continents which have their own
personal issues with weather due to deforestations.
Australia's in an awful drought. theyre not getting any weathers from anywhere else.
nothing around them has any vegetation, any trees, forests.

from this continent there is little wind now to move the gulf stream, there is tons
of evaporation heading to and ON the east coast and Along the east coast, turning to rains whose water
then flows into the Atlantic ocean, AKA more warm water flowing into the gulf stream slowing
it down while warming it up. arctic ice melt pouring water S into the gulf stream also slows it down.

apparently, while inhabiting this earth humans have learned nothing about how big trees
help life survive.

The issues you describe are valid. Climate change is definitely the cause of "stuck weather," where nothing changes for months at a stretch. You really see it in California. Patterns which used to cause brief phenomena now hang on forever.

However, the hurricane that hung for the longest time last year was on the Gulf coast. It took something like four days to get rid of the damn thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

About an hour ago I recieved an email from a local bank soliciting loans to pay for storm damage. The storm is still 200 miles from where I live. Those fucks cant even wait for it to pass before they start looking for a profit.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

About an hour ago I recieved an email from a local bank soliciting loans to pay for storm damage. The storm is still 200 miles from where I live. Those fucks cant even wait for it to pass before they start looking for a profit.

You know what they call people like that? "Republicans".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

The issues you describe are valid. Climate change is definitely the cause of "stuck weather," where nothing changes for months at a stretch. You really see it in California. Patterns which used to cause brief phenomena now hang on forever.

However, the hurricane that hung for the longest time last year was on the Gulf coast. It took something like four days to get rid of the damn thing.

its "stuck" in the sense that--like the science professor said lo those years ago---whatever weather
you get you will get more of.

havent white folks wanted tans for decades? now you got'em and dont have to do shit to get'em.
:rw) :rw) :rw)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Are they a bank you do business with? If not, ask them to explain how they your email address and why they think you'd want to do business with a bank that's exploiting the situation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Are they a bank you do business with? If not, ask them to explain how they your email address and why they think you'd want to do business with a bank that's exploiting the situation.

good point.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:13 am 
Board Emeritus

Well as long as we are talking about exploitative behavior...Trump and that vicious nazi cow Kirstjen Neilsen love this sort of shit. Think of all the opportunities for snatching up migrant populations whithout acceptable paperwork, who require aid and possible rescue because they don't have the resources to get themselves to secure areas.

But it's not Puerto Rico and there will be plenty of FEMA support in the rural red Carolinas. It's not full of spics, after all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well as long as we are talking about exploitative behavior...Trump and that vicious nazi cow Kirstjen Neilsen love this sort of shit. Think of all the opportunities for snatching up migrant populations whithout acceptable paperwork, who require aid and possible rescue because they don't have the resources to get themselves to secure areas.

But it's not Puerto Rico and there will be plenty of FEMA support in the rural red Carolinas. It's not full of spics, after all.

Hey, if they don't like big government then they can do without FEMA.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hurricanes didn't used to reach the coast and then just sit. Rinse, repeat, indeed.

Two in two years. Those are great odds in Vegas.

"The eye wall is almost ashore." (Eye walls used to come ashore.) I go to sleep. I wake up the next morning. "The eye wall is almost ashore." (Eye walls used to come ashore.) Where's Bill Murray? It looks like one of his movies.

This climate denial shit is getting old.

Last edited by ZoWie on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey, if they don't like big government then they can do without FEMA.

Maybe it's been posted here already...but didja see where trump diverted $10 million from FEMA to ICE to pay for some of the detention costs? Its gonna be 6000 dead, maybe more, in Puerto Rico when it's all over. Some of the dead...diabetics abandoned in rural areas.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

It was posted already, but it's worth repeating. The thing took $10 million from FEMA, and hit up some other agencies too, to pay for its concentration camps.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maybe it's been posted here already...but didja see where trump diverted $10 million from FEMA to ICE to pay for some of the detention costs? Its gonna be 6000 dead, maybe more, in Puerto Rico when it's all over. Some of the dead...diabetics abandoned in rural areas.

Yeah, I saw. Donnie doesn't give a shit, never did, never will. Brown people aren't welcome in his properties and since he is president they aren't much welcome in this country even if they are citizens.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Latest: Thousands told to get ready to evacuate in SC - MSN

Quote:
The Latest on the aftermath of Hurricane Florence (all times local):

1:10 p.m.

About 6,000 to 8,000 people are being told they should prepare to evacuate because of anticipated flooding from rivers in a coastal South Carolina county.

Georgetown County spokeswoman Jackie Broach-Akers says Sunday that a "record event" of up to 10 feet (3 meters) of flooding is expected because of heavy rains dumped earlier by Hurricane Florence. The flooding is expected to start Tuesday near parts of the Pee Dee and Waccamaw rivers.

Broach-Akers says people in the potential flood zones should plan to leave their homes Monday. Georgetown County is opening two shelters for those who evacuate. Schools in Georgetown County are closed until further notice.

:(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:05 pm 
Policy Wonk

We want answers': Family wants to know why SC woman drowned in the back of police van

Quote:
..........Divers recovered the bodies of Windy Newton, 45, of Shallotte, North Carolina, and Nicolette Green, 43, of Myrtle Beach, by cutting a hole in the top of the submerged van on Wednesday, Marion County Coroner Jerry Richardson said Thursday.

Neither woman was handcuffed or restrained, Richardson said.

Thompson said there was one door to the containment area of the van where women were trapped. Doors to such areas don't typically open from the inside. The sheriff's office didn't immediately confirm that was the case for that van.

The van was traveling west on U.S. 76 east of Nichols about 5 p.m. on Tuesday.

The highway was shut down between the town of Nichols and the Little Pee River since Monday because of flooding, according to information posted on the state Department of Transportation's website.

"There are barriers there," Richardson said.

South Carolina Highway Patrol spokesman Capt. Kelley Hughes said no trooper was stationed at the barricades, though others barricades in the area have had stationed troopers.......

says they werent prisoners

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

60 Minutes had a segment on how the Dutch control flooding in their country. They haven't had a major flooding disaster since 1952 when a storm surge killed 2,000 people. The Netherlands is below sea level and has a number of major European rivers emptying into the North Sea. The have flood barriers, sea gates that can close to prevent tidal surges, areas around towns/cities designed to channel water where they want it to go, man-made dunes (inside the dunes is a 700 car parking garage), and other things to stay safe. The Dutchman the interviewed is a Water ambassador who advises five countries and the UN on planning for climate change flooding. He advised Hoboken, NJ after Hurricane Sandy convincing the US government to provide $1 billion to hold a design competition on how best to protect the city. Hoboken will break ground next year on the project.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:52 pm 
Policy Wonk

60 Minutes had a segment on how the Dutch control flooding in their country. They haven't had a major flooding disaster since 1952 when a storm surge killed 2,000 people. The Netherlands is below sea level and has a number of major European rivers emptying into the North Sea. The have flood barriers, sea gates that can close to prevent tidal surges, areas around towns/cities designed to channel water where they want it to go, man-made dunes (inside the dunes is a 700 car parking garage), and other things to stay safe. The Dutchman the interviewed is a Water ambassador who advises five countries and the UN on planning for climate change flooding. He advised Hoboken, NJ after Hurricane Sandy convincing the US government to provide $1 billion to hold a design competition on how best to protect the city. Hoboken will break ground next year on the project.

can you imagine what it would be like if America spent the kind of money on stuff like this rather than spending to bias elections, or tax cuts and credits and abatements for extreme wealthy people or space millitary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

can you imagine what it would be like if America spent the kind of money on stuff like this rather than spending to bias elections, or tax cuts and credits and abatements for extreme wealthy people or space millitary

Yeah, I can. The problem with doing this throughout the US is too many people will refuse accept we can't keep spending rebuilding in the same spot disaster after disaster. A small number of people will have to sacrifice by relocating and many of them will be the ones who will refuse and will challenge the plans in the courts.