RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Supreme Court denies Crossroads GPS request to temporarily block campaign finance ruling

The Supreme Court has denied a request from a conservative political group to temporarily block a lower court ruling which would force it to disclose its donors.

The request for a stay had initially been entered by Chief Justice John Roberts on Saturday after Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS disputed an earlier ruling that invalidated a Federal Election Commission regulation allowing donors to remain anonymous.

https://thehill.com/regulation/407267-s ... gn-finance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:39 am 
Board Emeritus

Wow, this is an in your face against Chief Justice Roberts. All those Conservative Donors who wanted to hide their donations.

Of course, the Cons wanted to know about the Progressive Donors, how dare they think they have a right to use Money to influence politics.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:08 am 
Board Emeritus

Wow, this is an in your face against Chief Justice Roberts. All those Conservative Donors who wanted to hide their donations.

Of course, the Cons wanted to know about the Progressive Donors, how dare they think they have a right to use Money to influence politics.

The Court denying this appeal is good news.

A couple three days ago I remember reading a breathless article at Politico about John Roberts stepping in Saturday to halt the federal judge’s order. I think that must be what you're talking about being in Roberts face.

They made it sound all breathless like Roberts had overturned that order. Politico has been on quite a breathless bender as of late. :|

The thing is that's not what Roberts did, Politico created an impression of one thing when is was another. Someone on the court, it might have been Roberts, wanted to pick up that case, others there did not want to, so it's a case which was being discussed, they hadn't decided yet.

But while they were deciding whether or not to pick that case up that federal judge’s order said that Crossroads had to produce that donor information, and that was going to happen soon.

The moment that happened that case would becomes moot insofar as the Supreme Court being able to pick it up. Roberts made them hold on until the Court could decide if they wanted to pick that case up.

The fact that Roberts did that instead of one of the other judges, Thomas did it the last time it was done, doesn't necessarily mean anything about how that judge views that case. It's procedural.

i'm glad they decided to not mess with it. To allow that federal judge’s order to set new precedent, to make new law.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 am 
Board Emeritus

The Court denying this appeal is good news.

A couple three days ago I remember reading a breathless article at Politico about John Roberts stepping in Saturday to halt the federal judge’s order. I think that must be what you're talking about being in Roberts face.

They made it sound all breathless like Roberts had overturned that order. Politico has been on quite a breathless bender as of late. :|

The thing is that's not what Roberts did, Politico created an impression of one thing when is was another. Someone on the court, it might have been Roberts, wanted to pick up that case, others there did not want to, so it's a case which was being discussed, they hadn't decided yet.

But while they were deciding whether or not to pick that case up that federal judge’s order said that Crossroads had to produce that donor information, and that was going to happen soon.

The moment that happened that case would becomes moot insofar as the Supreme Court being able to pick it up. Roberts made them hold on until the Court could decide if they wanted to pick that case up.

The fact that Roberts did that instead of one of the other judges, Thomas did it the last time it was done, doesn't necessarily mean anything about how that judge views that case. It's procedural.

i'm glad they decided to not mess with it. To allow that federal judge’s order to set new precedent, to make new law.

This is a small victory, but I will take them where I can get them. Citizens United was a horrible decision. The influence of Dark Money cannot be understated.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 am 
Board Emeritus

This is a small victory, but I will take them where I can get them. Citizens United was a horrible decision. The influence of Dark Money cannot be understated.

It will cause a reshuffling of how these groups define themselves, and due to that cause a shuffling of what will be assigned to their dirty underhanded tricks department, which I suspect they have.

Little changed, but it was a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

. :|

The thing is, you're fulla shit. You just have a bug up your ass for Politico. Like you have a bug up your ass for RawStory and for so much of the media these days.

I find it most interesting that so much of these infestations of your oozing rectal orifice are not directed at the traitorous right wingjob media. Poor Ted Cruz, poor John Roberts. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

The thing is, you're fulla shit. You just have a bug up your ass for Politico. Like you have a bug up your ass for RawStory and for so much of the media these days.

I find it most interesting that so much of these infestations of your oozing rectal orifice are not directed at the traitorous right wingjob media. Poor Ted Cruz, poor John Roberts. :roll:

Ike, "these infestations of your oozing rectal orifice"???

I can just BLOW THAT OFF, you along with it. :|

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ike, "these infestations of your oozing rectal orifice"???

I can just BLOW THAT OFF, you along with it. :|r

Its just a more adult way of saying "bug up your ass." Obviously a wasted effort with you. More of it coming though as I expect your defense of scumbag conservatives to continue.

Flaccidly sam-like retort.