RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:53 am 
Policy Wonk

Just heard this on Mama's Program and went to the Axios Website. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has given his verbal resignation to 45 Chief of Staff John Kelly.

https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein-re ... 2ff43.html.

Rosenstein expected that he would be fired.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:54 am 
Board Emeritus

Ugh.

Either the end is near for Trump, or we're totally fucked.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Fox is saying he has not resigned.

Quote:
Bret Baier

Verified account

From @johnrobertsFox “A SOURCE FAMILIAR WITH THE SITUATION SAYS ROSENSTEIN IS HEADING TO THE WHITE HOUSE – EXPECTING TO BE FIRED. HE HAS NOT VERBALLY RESIGNED…”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Dunno what's going on.

Quote:
Christina Wilkie

Verified account
@christinawilkie

NEW: @PeteWilliamsNBC reports that Rosenstein has said if Trump wants him gone, they'll have to fire him, and that Rosenstein will refuse to resign and go quietly.

7:52 AM - 24 Sep 2018

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:02 am 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
erica orden

Verified account
A source close to Rosenstein disputes the Axios report that Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein has verbally resigned, @LauraAJarrett reports. The source says that Rosenstein expects he is being fired.

Noel Francisco, the solicitor general, would take on oversight of the Mueller probe.

Regardless, this is the WH ultimate distraction from the Kavanaugh coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:13 am 
Board Emeritus

IMO, the WH got ahead of this story and put out a BS report that Rosenstein resigned.

Rosenstein's people say he expects to be fired. I think resigning grants Trump the power to replace him with whoever he wants. Rosenstein wouldn't do that. Unless the end game is totally here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:22 am 
Policy Wonk

The Solictor General Noel Francisco will take over supervision of the Russia Investigation

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:28 am 
Policy Wonk

Rosenstein will "resign", this will be confirmed by a Tweet from Donald where he will explain why he fired Rosenstein.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:31 am 
Policy Wonk

This comes on the heels of the story of Rosenstein wanting wear a wire and catch 45 acting out....which I personally was a put up story planted by 45 and his cabal.

Look Piro to start talking be the replacement. Geez what fucking shit storm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Of course that was planted. All evidence says so.

Interesting timing, no?

Women's walkout still on in 20 minutes.

Tonight? The street may beckon. No one has anything definitive yet.

October is a big month in history. Summer ends, stuff happens. Let's get ready for action.

MoveOn:

Quote:
Far too many people have had experiences painfully similar to what Dr. Blasey Ford has shared. Join a national moment of solidarity TODAY (9/24) at 1pm ET and post a selfie using #BelieveSurvivors. https://ppact.io/national-solidarity … #StopKavanaugh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rosenstein has left the White House, and gone to a previously scheduled meeting. The resignation/firing can has been kicked down the road for three days.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Get comfy shoes on, streets and 40 million of us is mandatory.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Who the fuck wants an otherwise pretty stellar career trashed by a deranged psychopath president? I would understand him quitting more than I would understand him staying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:40 pm 
Policy Wonk

I have a combat related injury that prevents me from walking or standing for a prlonged period of time. I'm setting up a phone tree others like myself, we can provide refreshments, gathering places and transportation.

Last edited by marindem on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Who the fuck wants an otherwise pretty stellar career trashed by a deranged psychopath president? I would understand him quitting more than I would understand him staying.

If he is a patriot he will force the traitor to fire him at which point we have a choice to make.

Easy for me to say, I guess. Not sure if he could end up homeless if he is fired, maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hope he forces a confrontation. We need a Saturday Night Massacre to get it going.

Libertas and marindem, MoveOn has it, check their various sites and tweets.

Everything happens at once, in numbers too big to ignore. Check their map, where the place markers for simultaneous demos cover the whole US, except for prairie dog country and places where they test bombs.

It's gonna look like fricken Czechoslovakia around here.

It's not d-day yet, but all signs are that it's close.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hope he forces a confrontation. We need a Saturday Night Massacre to get it going.

Libertas and marindem, MoveOn has it, check their various sites and tweets.

Everything happens at once, in numbers too big to ignore. Check their map, where the place markers for simultaneous demos cover the whole US, except for prairie dog country and places where they test bombs.

It's gonna look like fricken Czechoslovakia around here.

It's not d-day yet, but all signs are that it's close.

https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller-fi ... ts/search/

go here for where to go...

GOP and glen and the rest WANT a white supremacist country and will join putin to attack us to get it if necessary...just watch. What HONESTLY scares me is how many cops and natl guard are white supremacist fuckers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

If he is a patriot he will force the traitor to fire him at which point we have a choice to make.

Easy for me to say, I guess. Not sure if he could end up homeless if he is fired, maybe.

Rod Rosenstein, quit or fired, will be able to walk into a major legal practice in any major city as a partner the day after he leaves the DOJ. And he will be a multi-millionaire in 5 years, if he isn't one already. You do understand what kind of weight the title of Deputy Attorney General of the United States carries, eh?

The son of a friend from Chicago is a prosecutor in a United States Attorney's office in some shithole border town in the Southwest. He has offers from three big legal firms here in Chicago who want him as soon as he's had his fill of working in the public sector. And I dont know how many levels down from Rod Rosenstein he is...but it's a lot. These people never have to worry unless they fuck up something real bad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rod Rosenstein, quit or fired, will be able to walk into a major legal practice in any major city as a partner the day after he leaves the DOJ. And he will be a multi-millionaire in 5 years, if he isn't one already. You do understand what kind of weight the title of Deputy Attorney General of the United States carries, eh?

The son of a friend from Chicago is a prosecutor in a United States Attorney's office in some shithole border town in the Southwest. He has offers from three big legal firms here in Chicago who want him as soon as he's had his fill of working in the public sector. And I dont know how many levels down from Rod Rosenstein he is...but it's a lot. These people never have to worry unless they fuck up something real bad.

Yeah, they are likely wanted for who they know in addition to their talent.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, they are likely wanted for who they know in addition to their talent.

Yep. And most of them don't wander into a federal prosecutor's job straight out of college. Most of them have toiled as prosecutors and learned their trade well in state's attorney's offices before they have the opportunity to work as prosecutors for the DOJ.

One of the best ever is Lisa Madigan. Yes, Mildred, adopted daughter of the evil Mike Madigan. Madigan could have been governor of Illinois. She would have beaten the pants off of any of the dicks who held the office over the last 15 years or so. If Pat Quinn had dropped out, Madigan probably would have run and she would have demolished nursing home slumlord Bruce Rauner. Madigan is not running for re-election in November. She will pretty much have her choice of legal firms where she would join as a partner. Although she has not ruled out running for office in the future. I don't think she wants to be Governor of Illinois or Mayor of Chicago. Miserable fucking jobs. Perhaps when Dick Durbin, who is 73, retires she will run for the US Senate. I would love to see her in the US Senate. The Bernie-ite headcases and other prickly lefties hereabouts will probably hate her. They probably hate her already...she's Mike Madigan's adopted daugher for christ's sake.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Talk has got us nowhere.

The more we talk and try and reason with the filth the more treason they engage in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Talk has got us nowhere.

The more we talk and try and reason with the filth the more treason they engage in.

Agreed. Well OK...agreed as long as we agree that we need to include the filth that votes for them in our accounting of the country's filth.

I mentioned a while back that our lovely next door neighbors are conservative Republican voters. Nice people, good parents. Although I'm sure they are indoctrinating their children in their christian delusion which makes me sad. Anyway we put up a new yard sign to go with "Anybody But Roskam", "Sean Casten for US House", and "Terra Costa Howard for Illinois House District 48"...it simply says "Just Vote Blue." So neighbor mom and I were chatting the other day, and I'm pretty sure our pleasantries are now over. For some reason, I'm thinking the new yard sign, she felt the need to remind me of how they are conservatives "because of our faith." And with everything else going on these days...it just kinda put me over the top. So I said..."well Susan, you know we also have a faith. It's just a bit different from your faith. And we also vote and do a lot of other stuff the way we do it, because of our faith. But let me ask you a question...I suspect a primary factor is that you guys are pro-life." She smiled and nodded. "Well we are pro-life as well. We are not big fans of abortion as birth control. But you see, I don't see you as pro-life...I see you as anti-choice. And that's a problem for me. Decisicions made by a woman and her physician are just none of my business. And I hear a lot about the sanctity of all life, and to be honest I don't see a lot of sanctity of all life. I see some sort of sanctity of pre-birth life...but not a whole lot of sanctity of post-birth life. But even in the case of pre-birth life I don't always see a lot of sanctity. I wonder how many of your brethren and sistren over at the Evangelical Free Church who have had children with the help of a fertility clinic have decided that they are done with having more children, don't want to pay for embryo storage anymore, and went ahead and authorized the clinic to flush their babies down the toilet? Doesn't sound like the sanctity of all life to me."

"I have to go", and she walked away. So that's it. I guess I'm just going to hell.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Agreed. Well OK...agreed as long as we agree that we need to include the filth that votes for them in our accounting of the country's filth.

I mentioned a while back that our lovely next door neighbors are conservative Republican voters. Nice people, good parents. Although I'm sure they are indoctrinating their children in their christian delusion which makes me sad. Anyway we put up a new yard sign to go with "Anybody But Roskam", "Sean Casten for US House", and "Terra Costa Howard for Illinois House District 48"...it simply says "Just Vote Blue." So neighbor mom and I were chatting the other day, and I'm pretty sure our pleasantries are now over. For some reason, I'm thinking the new yard sign, she felt the need to remind me of how they are conservatives "because of our faith." And with everything else going on these days...it just kinda put me over the top. So I said..."well Susan, you know we also have a faith. It's just a bit different from your faith. And we also vote and do a lot of other stuff the way we do it, because of our faith. But let me ask you a question...I suspect a primary factor is that you guys are pro-life." She smiled and nodded. "Well we are pro-life as well. We are not big fans of abortion as birth control. But you see, I don't see you as pro-life...I see you as anti-choice. And that's a problem for me. Decisicions made by a woman and her physician are just none of my business. And I hear a lot about the sanctity of all life, and to be honest I don't see a lot of sanctity of all life. I see some sort of sanctity of pre-birth life...but not a whole lot of sanctity of post-birth life. But even in the case of pre-birth life I don't always see a lot of sanctity. I wonder how many of your brethren and sistren over at the Evangelical Free Church who have had children with the help of a fertility clinic have decided that they are done with having more children, don't want to pay for embryo storage anymore, and went ahead and authorized the clinic to flush their babies down the toilet? Doesn't sound like the sanctity of all life to me."

"I have to go", and she walked away. So that's it. I guess I'm just going to hell.

probably see you there.

because of their faith is an excuse to not use their reasoning. they abdicate their citizenship to mythology "explained" by well dressed con artists

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Evangelical Free's.

Yuck.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Evangelical Free's.

Yuck.

Years ago, obviously...I had this girlfriend for a while and the family was Evangelical Free. There were all sorts of rules. No going to the movies on Sunday, no dancing, no taking the lord's name in vain or other use of rough language and...certainly no sex outside of marriage. Well, once Lori got a taste there was no stopping her, and I came along a while later. She was the most sexually adventurous woman I ever knew and she had a really big appetite. But she wouldnt break any of the other rules. Wouldnt dance with me, etc. I asked her a couple of times how that worked and she always got really pissed off...so I didn't ask anymore and just, uh...enjoyed it. We both knew we were never going to last...she would never marry outside of the church and she had to keep me, and a couple of other guys at one time or another, from her family. She moved away, got married to a church guy, had two daughters...we text once in a while, pics of her grandkids and such. I still get this ache for her all these decades later and I can't imagine her being a faithful life partner. But she was so smart and funny and great looking (Nancy Travis on Mr. Mercedes could be her sister)...I might have even settled for her needing more than me on occasion, but alas.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.