RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Years ago, obviously...I had this girlfriend for a while and the family was Evangelical Free. There were all sorts of rules. No going to the movies on Sunday, no dancing, no taking the lord's name in vain or other use of rough language and...certainly no sex outside of marriage. Well, once Lori got a taste there was no stopping her, and I came along a while later. She was the most sexually adventurous woman I ever knew and she had a really big appetite. But she wouldnt break any of the other rules. Wouldnt dance with me, etc. I asked her a couple of times how that worked and she always got really pissed off...so I didn't ask anymore and just, uh...enjoyed it. We both knew we were never going to last...she would never marry outside of the church and she had to keep me, and a couple of other guys at one time or another, from her family. She moved away, got married to a church guy, had two daughters...we text once in a while, pics of her grandkids and such. I still get this ache for her all these decades later and I can't imagine her being a faithful life partner. And, she was so smart and funny and great looking...I might have even settled for her needing more than me on occasion, but alas.

Heh, well...you know that joke about why Baptists won't have sex standing up.

Applies to Evangelical Free's, too. A close friend of mine in my early high school years was Evangelical Free. We drifted a bit later in high school but still were good friends, and she really was one of the nicer people there. One of the reasons we got off into separate circles was, she was the only girl in the whole place who actually was into Christian rock :? (This was a Reformed Protestant private school. Everybody else was pretty secular, at school that is, until they, like the rest of us, were forced into their churches on Sunday.)

Later in life, I learned the Evangelical Free's were really just ex-Lutherans who if they had the 'nads would just go on and be Baptists, and be done with it. :problem:

Perhaps that's not fair to their actual history and just a very biased personal observation. I don't have a problem admitting a bias against conservative Evangelical whites; why should I, since they have no hesitation in trying to impose their biases right onto me.

What a miserable lot.

Stop calling the cops on us.