RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

As per ZoWie's request. Here is THE STOP THE DEFLECTION THREAD.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Stop the deflection. We are not about whether Democrats Do It Too. Of course they do, though in lesser numbers, and usually far, far less egregiously.

We are about a rogue presidency which owes its existence to an international, multilevel coup d'etat. We are only too aware of the ongoing maneuvers that are made daily to maintain this illegitimate kakistocracy. One of these is the classic 8-year-old-kid thing of, "But Mom, everyone does it." Another is the classic Stalinist tactic of distract, deflect, destroy. This has been a standard Republican spin management riff for years now, but the current bunch plays it with virtuosic skill.

We need a working political process, not a reality show. Government by television (and Twitter) is evil.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

OK...WTF is a DEFLECTION THREAD? AND WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

You need to read my previous comments about glen's attempt to tell Mom that Democrats do it too.

Also this one.

Also glen's SCREAMING CAPS, and also the racism/sexism/toxic masculinity discussion where BIG WRITING started, though I'm tongue in cheek on that one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Stop the deflection. We are not about whether Democrats Do It Too. Of course they do, though in lesser numbers, and usually far, far less egregiously.

We are about a rogue presidency which owes its existence to an international, multilevel coup d'etat. We are only too aware of the ongoing maneuvers that are made daily to maintain this illegitimate kakistocracy. One of these is the classic 8-year-old-kid thing of, "But Mom, everyone does it." Another is the classic Stalinist tactic of distract, deflect, destroy. This has been a standard Republican spin management riff for years now, but the current bunch plays it with virtuosic skill.

We need a working political process, not a reality show. Government by television (and Twitter) is evil.

But if ONE democrat did ONE thing wrong EVER it is the same and worthy of turning America over to Putin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

You need to read my previous comments about glen's attempt to tell Mom that Democrats do it too.

Also this one.

Also glen's SCREAMING CAPS, and also the racism/sexism/toxic masculinity discussion where BIG WRITING started, though I'm tongue in cheek on that one.

There are a lot of posts on this thread. Anybody want to give me a hint where any previous comments about glen's attempt to tell Mom that Democrats do it too...that I apparently need to read?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
AND WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

...but...butt...sometimes i need to SCREAM. i gotta do it.
the big letters take too much time, i just gotta SCREAM now n then.
:rw) :rw)

(ohyeh, sorry when i do it in PMs. cant help mahself. im just being loud.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

There are a lot of posts on this thread. Anybody want to give me a hint where any previous comments about glen's attempt to tell Mom that Democrats do it too...that I apparently need to read?

It's glen's OP with the SCREAMING CAPS. The Democrats who are being asked, "Are you still beating your wife?" You can't miss it. There's a whole long, and typically futile, discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's glen's OP with the SCREAMING CAPS. The Democrats who are being asked, "Are you still beating your wife?" You can't miss it. There's a whole long, and typically futile, discussion.

I've been involved in the discussion Zowie. I was not involved in the re-labeling of it THE DEFLECTION THREAD.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's a new thread. I didn't start it, though it comes from something I said on the old one.

You can still read the old one, though its OP is classic Republican deflection.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Okey dokey.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Okey dokey.

You are doing a good job of deflecting on the deflection thread

wait

:rofl:

I saw what you did there...you are good :lol:

BTW, while glen and rump deflect, Putin's orders to rump to destroy our country with tariffs is working... China is about to cripple us, permanently. Putin wins.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

more about all of us than trump

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Of course it is. How long has bird had his sig line. We get exactly the kind of government we deserve. It's on the people of this country.

I was running some errands yesterday, had NPR WBEZ/CHI "Morning Edition" on. They did a brief street interview spot...interviews recorded over the weekend in Iowa and one of the southern red states. There was one that really struck me...some 65 year old Iowan woman who basically said "I don't see how we should let something an 18 year old did years ago impede the confirmation of a Supreme Court justice."

And I'm immediately hollering at the radio like a fucking lunatic. The first thing that came to mind was, reckon if it was some 18 year old black kid who shot a 12 year old girl in the head in a gang shootout? Would you be so willing to just let it go? But when it's some white bread pious catholic judge rapist its, "Hey! What's the problem?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:32 am 
Policy Wonk

Because of as glen has attempted and failed at deflection of certain threads , I thought I would try and do him a single solid and I dedicated a thread to his inept ability to do nothing.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 am 
Board Emeritus

Arm on waist in public photo, multiple gang rapes.

One had to go, the other is just fine.

Which is which?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I shouted out, "Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all, it was you and me

Americans don't like politics, by and large. All too often, the assumption is that nice people don't do it. Therefore, we get the government we deserve.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

I shouted out, "Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all, it was you and me

Americans don't like politics, by and large. All too often, the assumption is that nice people don't do it. Therefore, we get the government we deserve.

yea, we could beat trump at his worst but not ourselves at our worst.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

HEY! WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE?

Sorry for the deflection. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:17 am 
Board Emeritus

You are doing a good job of deflecting on the deflection thread

wait

:rofl:

To be honest I've never even heard the term deflection thread before...spoken at any volume. So I'm not sure what it actually means. Is something bouncing off of it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

If we are only about stopping Republicans then yes, you are correct, stop the deflection.

On the other hand if we are about opposition to violence, abuse, mistreatment toward woman (and/or others) then we have to speak up wherever it happens...its more important on our side.

That's not a pass for anyone... I don't care who runs a stop sign. It's dangerous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Deflection is what Republicans do when confronted with the facts. This thread was inspired by glen citing sexual misbehavior by a couple of Democrats, with the intention of showing "everybody does it." Even if everybody does, which they don't, we're talking about picking a Supreme Court justice here. Not exactly like hiring someone to work the graveyard shift in an adults only peep show.