RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 am 
Board Emeritus

At this point, in this country it seems to me that most everybody has decided which side they're on. But we are always stuck with somebody who claims to be on the good side of the fight but then makes comments like "One can accept them." Reckon why people like this, particularly those who are Jews, have such a hard time accepting that those on the other side want them dead, or at least gone.

Can we finally put to bed any notion that Susan Collins is not scum?

"always stuck with somebody"

:rofl:

Ike, you are dependable. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:17 am 
Board Emeritus

Ike, you are dependable. :)

Sam, you are predictable.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Merrick Garland has recused himself from reviewing Kavanaugh complaints. That is how an ethical Judge operates.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:47 am 
Board Emeritus

Kremlin for Kavanaugh

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-kreml ... ia=desktop

Russian bots have been hyper pushing Bart since the start. Why is that?

Also notice over the last days Trump is pushing Kremlin conspiracy spew about Soros? So are all of Trump's sycophants. Why is that I wonder?

Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

The one lone democrat to vote for Kavanaugh thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

Manchin's vote didn't make a difference.

The game was rigged from the start and you knew there was little way it was going to turn out different.

There are 50 people who voted to confirm, they all bear the burden equally, no one needs to be singled out for their vote any more than another.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Christine Blasey Ford has no plans to further pursue allegations against Brett Kavanaugh: Attorney

WASHINGTON -- With the Senate voting to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as an associate justice of the Supreme Court, Christine Blasey Ford has no further plans to pursue her sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh, according to her lawyers.

Ford only wanted to speak with members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, her attorneys told CNN on Friday. Ford does not want the situation to "drag on into the next Congress should Democrats end up winning control on Capitol Hill," the network reported.

https://abc7news.com/politics/ford-wont ... r/4427136/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Manchin did what he MUST do to win his seat, were his vote the deciding factor he would have voted no

this is basis politics 101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

Libertas wrote:
Manchin did what he MUST do to win his seat, were his vote the deciding factor he would have voted no

this is basis politics 101

Republicans though don't follow politics 101 and would have no problem throwing away a
Senate seat to rid themselves of RINO (DINO) in their midst.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:44 pm 
Policy Wonk

Christine Blasey Ford has no plans to further pursue allegations against Brett Kavanaugh: Attorney

WASHINGTON -- With the Senate voting to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as an associate justice of the Supreme Court, Christine Blasey Ford has no further plans to pursue her sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh, according to her lawyers.

Ford only wanted to speak with members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, her attorneys told CNN on Friday. Ford does not want the situation to "drag on into the next Congress should Democrats end up winning control on Capitol Hill," the network reported.

That's unfortunate. I don't necessarily blame her for doing it, but she could potentially have an impact on SCOTUS by giving a foundation for impeachment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

I do think its apparent the Trump play book of aggressively attacking any accusors is the
SOP for today's GOP. In another time, if Kavanaugh had simply went before the committee
and just asked forgiveness for his dumb, stupid teenage days, saying while he is not proud of
everything he did as a teenager, he grew out of this time to be an accomplished member
of the legal community. Instead, he went full Trump which will become a mess if some
investigative reporter flips Mark Judge into talking.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't blame her one bit. Anyone could have anticipated she would be treated exactly as she was. One woman was such a threat to these feckless conservative white males, the POTUS ran to Mississippi to grandstand in raking her over the coals.

Take a sabbatical, prof. Like all sabbaticals, this one was heartily earned. We'll always love you. :hnk: :hnk: :hnk: :hnk: :hearts: :hnk: See you when you get back.

Stop calling the cops on us.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

They gop would kill her if she did.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't blame her one bit. Anyone could have anticipated she would be treated exactly as she was. One woman was such a threat to these feckless conservative white males, the POTUS ran to Mississippi to grandstand in raking her over the coals.

Take a sabbatical, prof. Like all sabbaticals, this one was heartily earned. We'll always love you. :hnk: :hnk: :hnk: :hnk: :hearts: :hnk: See you when you get back.

Agreed. Her courage is legendary.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Agreed. Her courage is legendary.

There's a petition going around to UNC Chapel Hill alums to make her Distinguished Alumni of the Year. I hope it happens!

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

Protesters gather in Washington and other cities to oppose Kavanaugh vote

More than 300 arrested in anti-Kavanaugh protests this week

Quote:
............"It's just this feeling of being utterly ignored," Jenny O'Connell of Portland told WGME on Friday. .........

Protesters disrupt final vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court justice

Quote:
............The scene unfolded Saturday afternoon as Kavanaugh was officially being placed on the nation's highest court. Protesters could almost immediately be heard when Vice President Mike Pence began to oversee the voting.

Before Pence called for the first vote, protestors began angrily yelling and were dragged out of the chamber by police.

“I do not consent,” a woman screamed more than a minute after she was taken away.

“I’m a mother,” one woman shouted.

“I’m a patriot,” another said.

Pence, who is also president of the Senate, had to ask the sergeant at arms to restore order in the gallery at least a half dozen times...........

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:17 am 
Board Emeritus

And now we have yet another self-pitying, pathologically lying, sniveling weasel, sexual assault perp on the Supreme Court. Clarence Thomas part deux.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 am 
Board Emeritus

And now we have yet another self-pitying, pathologically lying, sniveling weasel, sexual assault perp on the Supreme Court. Clarence Thomas part deux.

Only worse.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:50 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I don't believe Thomas was put on the court to specifically defend the executive privilege and power of this POTUS.

Whereas, I believe that is the case for Kavanaugh. As drak kept asking - there were other conservatives they could have put on the Court - why such a full court press support for this one?

In Trump's own case, it was obvious.

Watch how he rules. There will be executive powers cases coming before the Court.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

It will be interesting to watch John Roberts for there is some hope he will not go along with
court decisions that historians in later years will brand his court as the second coming of
the Roger Taney court.

As far as Susan Collins and Joe Manchin go, I all for not going along with politics 101. I don't
care about Democrats getting the majority in 2018 for we will soon see the effects of the
Trump Tax cuts and having control of both houses of the Congress will merely allow the
Republicans to blame the Democrats for the upcoming recession.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

drumpf owns the next recession since it comes from his tax cut and excess debt. Anyway, as we know, most American voters are not deep thinkers, and they blame the guy in charge. George I was a popular president after Desert Storm, but he got blamed for the subsequent recession.

Also, we haven't had a recession yet. The way Obama's economy is chugging along, there's not a 100% chance of a recession in the next 2 years. Previous business cycles suggest that it's time, but as we've seen, nothing is the way it was.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Collins added: “I have always been respectful toward her. I’m the one who pushed for a hearing where she could, once her identity was compromised, which was a terrible thing and not what she wanted. But once that happened, and she was willing to come forward, I said she should be given a hearing.”

Go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

drumpf owns the next recession since it comes from his tax cut and excess debt. Anyway, as we know, most American voters are not deep thinkers, and they blame the guy in charge. George I was a popular president after Desert Storm, but he got blamed for the subsequent recession.

Also, we haven't had a recession yet. The way Obama's economy is chugging along, there's not a 100% chance of a recession in the next 2 years. Previous business cycles suggest that it's time, but as we've seen, nothing is the way it was.

I'd like to see what happens to the economy though if Trump Tax Cuts 2.0 gets adopted if the GOP retains control of
both houses of Congress. Historically, its been shown tax cuts do work for a while for they could simply elminate
all taxes for families making over $200k and that would lead to a huge boom to the economy but eventually we'd
have a big recession for voodoo economics isn't sustainable without real fiscal conservatism.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just saw polling, young people wont vote in November.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:20 pm 
Policy Wonk

Clayton police arrest 12 at protest of Kavanaugh outside Blunt's office

Quote:
Twelve people were arrested and charged with misdemeanors in Clayton over the weekend for a Saturday afternoon protest of Judge Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Supreme Court.

While Kavanaugh was going through the final steps of the confirmation process Saturday, dozens marched and protested outside Senator Roy Blunt's office. Blunt was one of 50 senators to vote 'yes' on Kavanaugh, who was approved by just two votes................

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next