Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like anybody who likes Rev. Barber.

MC and I may argue over stuff - this is what makes the world go round and round, if we all agreed on everything, life would be soooo boring - I like him.

Anybody whose heroes are the Freedom Riders is a good guy.

Anybody who urges us all to love our enemies with that kind of sincerity has a noble heart.

Lib, I've got no problem with you bashing the cons, but MC is butter on our side of the bread.

He's standing up for the shit upon people of Detroit, and somebody should.

OK, i trust your instincts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:06 pm 
Policy Wonk

:problem: no one here does. Can we please lay this old canard to rest?

Yes observing this martyr complex certainly was interesting.

well it was interesting the unfounded projection and the i guess confidence in that unfounded projection. goes back to how people feel and how their feelings affect what they do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

I like anybody who likes Rev. Barber. And Michael Moore.

MC and I may argue over stuff - this is what makes the world go round and round, if we all agreed on everything, life would be soooo boring - I like him.

Anybody whose heroes are the Freedom Riders is a good guy.

Anybody who urges us all to love our enemies with that kind of sincerity has a noble heart.

Lib, I've got no problem with you bashing the cons, but MC is butter on our side of the bread.

He's standing up for the shit upon people of Detroit, and somebody should.

very kind of you

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

well it was interesting the unfounded projection and the i guess confidence in that unfounded projection. goes back to how people feel and how their feelings affect what they do.

I'm not sure what unfounded projection you mean, specifically. But people do think and feel. Those thoughts and feelings both play a part in what they do.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Leaked audio reveals Georgia Republican Brian Kemp worried he’ll lose ‘if everybody exercises their right to vote’

Brian Kemp, the Georgia Republican candidate for governor, expressed alarm that his opponent Stacey Abrams’ voter turnout efforts “continues to concern us, especially if everybody uses and exercises their right to vote,” according to an audio recording leaked to Rolling Stone.

Kemp made the comments at an event called “Georgia Professionals for Kemp.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/leaked ... ifications

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Leaked audio reveals Georgia Republican Brian Kemp worried he’ll lose ‘if everybody exercises their right to vote’

Brian Kemp, the Georgia Republican candidate for governor, expressed alarm that his opponent Stacey Abrams’ voter turnout efforts “continues to concern us, especially if everybody uses and exercises their right to vote,” according to an audio recording leaked to Rolling Stone.

Kemp made the comments at an event called “Georgia Professionals for Kemp.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/leaked ... ifications

He has cause for worry. The flames he face are made of the perceptions of his actions in voters and potential voters minds while he was the Secretary of State leading up to right now, as well as the stout wind blowing for Democrats.

Right now his 538 projected vote share is only 0.4% more than Abrams. When I look at the polls and apply the undecided to the polls stated results, the process of converting poll numbers into projected vote share, Abrams wins by 3% to 4%.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

He has cause for worry. The flames he face are made of the perceptions of his actions in voters and potential voters minds while he was the Secretary of State leading up to right now, as well as the stout wind blowing for Democrats.

Right now his 538 projected vote share is only 0.4% more than Abrams. When I look at the polls and apply the undecided to the polls stated results, the process of converting poll numbers into projected vote share, Abrams wins by 3% to 4%.

Conservative whites have been doing this since 1870.

I really hope they do not go back to killing minorities who exercise their franchise and white liberals who help them do so. It wasn't so long ago that they did.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Conservative whites have been doing this since 1870.

I really hope they do not go back to killing minorities who exercise their franchise and white liberals who help them do so. It wasn't so long ago that they did.

Oh , you mean the thing I have warned about for years? :rw) :rw) I know, I do it so obnoxiously.

My warnings in large part came from you educating me by telling me what i needed to learn and read.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh , you mean the thing I have warned about for years? :rw) :rw) I know, I do it so obnoxiously.

My warnings in large part came from you educating me by telling me what i needed to learn and read.

Well, imo we're watching exactly how these petty board cons' Birth of A Nation mentality plays out in tacit support for public policy and GOP jim crow SOSs like Brian Kemp. Of course he's not the only GOP jim crow SOS in a tight race right now: the worst of the WN lawyers, Kris Kobach, is also an SOS up for election for governor.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Donald Trump endorses this person, Brian Kemp.

Board cons are silent about this person, Brian Kemp.

Stacey Abrams’s Burning of Georgia Flag With Confederate Symbol Surfaces on Eve of Debate - NYT

Quote:
ATLANTA — At a protest on the steps of the Georgia Capitol in 1992, Stacey Abrams, now the Democratic candidate for governor, joined in the burning of the state flag, which at the time incorporated the Confederate battle flag design and was viewed by many as a lingering symbol of white supremacy.

Ms. Abrams’s role in the protest, which took place around the end of her freshman year at Spelman College in Atlanta, has begun to emerge on social media on the eve of her first debate Tuesday with her Republican opponent, Secretary of State Brian Kemp. Mr. Kemp and his allies have sought to portray her as “too extreme for Georgia.”

If elected, Ms. Abrams, 44, would become the first black female governor in the nation. In August 2017, after the violent white supremacist demonstrations in Charlottesville, Va., Ms. Abrams injected the issue of Confederate memorials into the governor’s race by calling for the removal of the giant Confederate carving on Stone Mountain, a granite outcropping east of Atlanta, noting, correctly, its ties to white supremacy and the revival of the Ku Klux Klan.

Mr. Kemp, who is white, has said that Georgians should not “attempt to rewrite” the past, and said he would protect the monument from “the radical left.”

In West Conservative Whitetown, being "too extreme" means existing while Black and not endorsing Confederacy.

How is this any different from their behavior in 1870?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, imo we're watching exactly how these petty board cons' Birth of A Nation mentality plays out in tacit support for public policy and GOP jim crow SOSs like Brian Kemp. Of course he's not the only GOP jim crow SOS in a tight race right now: the worst of the WN lawyers, Kris Kobach, is also an SOS up for election for governor.

They are either silent or say stuff like putin and harris are the same.

In this case kobach or kemp is fine as long as it is not a patriotic democrat.

As long as it is not someone who supports building our infrastructure and not being traitors. We really are over the edge, we just havent looked out the car door window yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

this is why kemp is violating the constitution

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/politics/ele ... nor-s-race

Quote:
Poll: Kemp, Abrams neck and neck in Georgia governor's race

My sincere question is IF she loses, what will be EASILY proven is she lost because LEGAL voters were denied the vote

do we just do nothing?

sincerely asking

Courts are useless as it would go all the way to the 5 traitors on the SC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://twitter.com/JesseFFerguson/stat ... 0211314868

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/ ... lped-start

Quote:
Brian Kemp owes more than $800,000 in insider loans to bank he helped start

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, on what planet should the Secretary of State for a particular state be allowed to oversee who is eligible to vote in his own election for governor?

I think on most planets, that would be recognized as a blatant conflict of interest, and he would be asked to step aside (not as Sec of State, but for overseeing these decisions).

But not on planet USA democracy, apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, on what planet should the Secretary of State for a particular state be allowed to oversee who is eligible to vote in his own election for governor?

I think on most planets, that would be recognized as a blatant conflict of interest, and he would be asked to step aside (not as Sec of State, but for overseeing these decisions).

Board cons are fine with this, as long as it is a republican doing the cheating.

Which is why we cant count on them for America, they hate democracy and America, always have.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/24/naacp- ... rian-kemp/

Quote:
NAACP: Georgia votes for Democrat Stacey Abrams are being changed to Republican Brian Kemp
Georgia’s NAACP claims that votes intended for Democrat Stacey Abrams are being changed to Republican Brian Kemp

tick tick tick

Machines wherever possible simply wont allow you to vote for a democrat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Judge orders Georgia officials to stop rejecting absentee ballots without letting voters fix them first

Still not good enough

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... ng-n924011

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

It does seem odd. Though having political parties make decisions like that, or electoral districts and the like seems odd.

While certainly not perfect, elections are maintained, conducted and monitored by an independent body here.

Obviously, you're going to get some bias but none of the political parties can change things to their favor.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:03 am 
Board Emeritus

Like I already said...why isn't this motherfucker Kemp sitting in an FBI interrogation room?

Anybody think if this was happening in Illinois and registered Republicans were having their signatures validated by Democratic polling place judges that Jesse White wouldn't be sitting in an FBI interrogation room?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:41 am 
Board Emeritus

It was an old TV show from back in time when if one wanted to watch TV one had to watch shows like this.

The Dukes of Hazzard, from Hazzard county Georgia. :(

I remember that show, apparently it has stood the test of time insofar as how it depicted the how things are about that fictional county and that real state.

At the time it seemed a bit far fetched about how things were done there. It was like if one had a fast car and got away from the cops they were "Scott Free."

Where I grew up the cops would have gone to the guys homes to arrest them. In the show the cops always knew who they were, and where they lived. That's because as they were taking off they would thumb their noses at the cops to be sure they knew who they were.

And besides their car, The General was a rolling Confederate Battle Flag with a loud exhaust. It was noticeable and identifiable from a distance even there I would think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, Sam, I always had the same question about that TV show.

So, Boss Hogg and his Deputy would always chase the Dukes in their General Lee all over town, and of course the Dukes always got away.

But what was the point of the car chases? Everybody always knew where the Dukes lived, and could have just gone there and arrested them, they didn't have to chase their car.

Funny stuff.

Then there were other questions, like how they kept the car running so fast, but never fixed the doors, so they always had to get in through the windows.

Also, I always wondered why Daisy never wore anything other than the tightest shorts. Of course, being a male fan of the show, I guess I understood the real reason.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

Sam Lefthand wrote:

It was an old TV show from back in time when if one wanted to watch TV one had to watch shows like this.

The Dukes of Hazzard, from Hazzard county Georgia. :(

I remember that show, apparently it has stood the test of time insofar as how it depicted the how things are about that fictional county and that real state.

At the time it seemed a bit far fetched about how things were done there. It was like if one had a fast car and got away from the cops they were "Scott Free."

Where I grew up the cops would have gone to the guys homes to arrest them. In the show the cops always knew who they were, and where they lived. That's because as they were taking off they would thumb their noses at the cops to be sure they knew who they were.

And besides their car, The General was a rolling Confederate Battle Flag with a loud exhaust. It was noticeable and identifiable from a distance even there I would think.

think they were in a rural area bordering a few different states and didnt have enough manpower to do all the things like that, boss hog and his deputies were always busy with their own crimes anyways and the duke boys were always falsely accused so it gave them time to prove their innocence.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Judge declines Kemp’s request to pause absentee ballot injunction

A federal judge has declined to pause an injunction she ordered that changes how Georgia elections officials evaluate certain absentee ballots.

Secretary of State Brian Kemp had requested that U.S. District Court Judge Leigh Martin May stay the injunction she issued last week while Kemp’s legal team appeals the decision regarding signature mismatches to a higher court.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--po ... =6284552&&