It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:44 am 
Board Emeritus

NYT - Donald Trump Vs The Jungle.

Quote:
Trump’s America does not see itself as the galvanizer and protector of the liberal global order that brought more peace, prosperity and democracy to more corners of the world over the last 70 years than at any time in history — defying the natural order of things, which is constant jungle-like conflict, protectionism and strongman rule.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:01 am 
Board Emeritus

The reaction to liberal democracy is global, fueled mostly by tribal stuff aroused by immigration. Where the immigration is from wars caused by US policy, it's partially our problem. Where it's from famines, floods, droughts, etc, it's everybody's problem.

I can't think of a country where the populist right isn't on the move. Maybe Russia and China. They just encourage it everywhere else.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rump daily attacks and mocks American patriots, leaders of the Democratic party, etc.

He and Putin need their base to be frothing at the mouth by the time justice comes a calling, gonna be ugly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

The reaction to liberal democracy is global, fueled mostly by tribal stuff aroused by immigration. Where the immigration is from wars caused by US policy, it's partially our problem. Where it's from famines, floods, droughts, etc, it's everybody's problem.

I can't think of a country where the populist right isn't on the move. Maybe Russia and China. They just encourage it everywhere else.

Quote:
I burn down your cities-how blind you must be

I take from you your children and you say how blessed are we

You all must be crazy to put your faith in me

That's why I love mankind

Yep...we can always figure that about a third of the white people in any western country will be white christian identity populist assholes. Just our luck that it's so many more here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Russia swims in neoright authoritarian populism. One wonders how many pictures of Uncle Joe are in revered spots in homes.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
NYT - Donald Trump Vs The Jungle.

Quote:
Trump’s America does not see itself as the galvanizer and protector of the liberal global order that brought more peace, prosperity and democracy to more corners of the world over the last 70 years than at any time in history defying the natural order of things, which is constant jungle-like conflict, protectionism and strongman rule :rw) .

ONLY happens with over population.
ok. seems to me the entire premise is bullshit. nonsensical bullshit and i cant fathom why people
keep accepting it as..sensible.

before pale people whacked their way onto this continent, and, before the mayans fucked all their
central america shit up way bad..hunter gatherers got along ok. they were small ish pockets of
2legs who roamed and bumped into one another, the bands the groups, and then moved on.
just becuz they ran into one another Did Not mean they killed or fought or died.
it was all pretty copacetic.
...until....
until the fucking trees were all gone.
then it all went to shit in the timeline of a beat.
the mayans and all of centralAm were gone.
the weather patterns across CAm were Gone, drought set in. nothing in the area survived.
what few did survive had relocated to a way far diff area.