RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Haha, guy who voted for flagrant segregationists snickers at the idea of "1/1024," from a state with a history of trying to implement one-drop negro laws.

Where's your DNA test?

Again Ive never had one done. If I did who knows what it would find as I know my original relatives came from Hannover Germany about 300 years ago. After that it would be pretty much a free for all. With my additional ancestors being from whomever populated the area of Virginia which became West Virginia.

As for having voted for a flagrant segregationist yes I voted for and supported Sen Thurmond. But lets not forget at the same time our other Sen was Fritz Hollings a Democrat who was the Governor who put the stars and bars on our state capitol. So it really doesnt matter if you voted for Strom or his opponet or Hollings or his opponet it is a safe bet that all who ran were at one tome segregationists.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

So they are angry that a democrat claims to be someone they hate anyway...i dont understand. Why would they care if a white person claimed to be a little POC...they would just hate them more, i thought.

Depends on which POC, where, when, etc.

The ridiculous irony of Donald Trump labeling Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" as a slur is that in eugenics-era Virginia, there was a rule called the Pocohontas exception. Meaning that so-called whites with demonstrated ties to Pocahontas and whatshisname were exempt from eugenics statutes.

Conservative whites are so vicious.

The Pocahontas exception - Wiki, Racial Integrity Act of 1924 (VA)

1890 Census report on Virginia Indians
The Racial Integrity Act was subject to the "Pocahontas exception"—since many influential "First Families of Virginia" (FFV) claimed descent from Pocahontas, a daughter of the Powhatan, the legislature declared that a person could be considered white even if he or she had as much as one-sixteenth Native American ancestry.[8]

Enforcement
Plecker, a leading eugenicist physician who was the registrar of vital statistics from 1912 to 1946, lobbied for years to get the eugenics laws passed in Virginia. Once these laws were passed, Plecker was in the position to enforce them.

New York eugenicist Madison Grant worked to ensure his model of the "one-drop rule" was implemented by the Virginia registrar of statistics, Walter Ashby Plecker, who developed the racial criteria behind the act.[9][not in citation given]

Gov. E. Lee Trinkle, a year after signing the act, asked Plecker to ease up on the Indians and not "embarrass them any more than possible." Plecker responded, "I am unable to see how it is working any injustice upon them or humiliation for our office to take a firm stand against their intermarriage with white people, or to the preliminary steps of recognition as Indians with permission to attend white schools and to ride in white coaches."[10]

Unsatisfied with the "Pocahontas Exception", eugenicists introduced an amendment to narrow loopholes to the Racial Integrity Act. This was considered by the Virginia General Assembly in February 1926 but it failed to pass.[11][citation not found] If adopted, the amendment would have reclassified thousands of "white" people as "colored" by more strictly implementing the "one-drop rule" of ancestry as applied to American Indian ancestry.[12][citation not found]

Implementation and consequences: 1924–1979
The combined effect of these two laws adversely affected the continuity of Virginia's American Indian tribes. The Racial Integrity Act called for only two racial categories to be recorded on birth certificates, rather than the traditional six: "white" and "colored" (which now included Indian and all discernible mixed race persons.)[13] The effects were quickly seen. In 1930, the US Census for Virginia recorded 779 Indians; by 1940, that number had been reduced to 198. In effect, Indians were being erased as a group from official records.[4]

In addition, as Plecker admitted, he enforced the Racial Integrity Act extending far beyond his jurisdiction in the segregated society.[14] For instance, he pressured school superintendents to exclude mixed-race (then called mulatto) children from white schools. Plecker ordered the exhumation of dead people of "questionable ancestry" from white cemeteries to be reinterred elsewhere.[13]

Indians reclassified as colored
As registrar, Plecker directed the reclassification of nearly all Virginia Indians as colored on their birth and marriage certificates, because he was convinced that most Indians had African heritage and were trying to "pass" as Indian to evade segregation. Consequently, two or three generations of Virginia Indians had their ethnic identity altered on these public documents. Fiske reported that Plecker's tampering with the vital records of the Virginia Indian tribes made it impossible for descendants of six of the eight tribes recognized by the state to gain federal recognition, because they could no longer prove their American Indian ancestry by documented historical continuity.[14]

Involuntary sterilization
Historians have not estimated the impact of the miscegenation laws. There are records, however, of the number of people who were involuntarily sterilized during the years these two laws were in effect. Of the involuntary sterilizations reported in the United States prior to 1957, Virginia was second, having sterilized a total of 6,683 persons. Many more women than men were sterilized: 4,043 to 2,640. Of those, 2,095 women were sterilized under the category of "Mentally Ill"; and 1,875 under the category "Mentally Deficient." The remainder were for "Other" reasons. (California was first, having sterilized 19,985 people without their consent.) Other states reported involuntary sterilizations of similar numbers of people as Virginia.[15][/quote]

Violent, vicious people. :problem: :(

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Indeed. Right now the mother of a Gay Woman, who is married but wont be for long due to rump, is LOVING on Rump, saying he is the greatest president of ALL TIME

This relative of mine is an older white female who votes for GOP as if she was lining up for free Louis Vuitton purses.

The truth simply is she LOVES that they hate and hate hard. She just hopes the Gay thing doesnt interfere with that hate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Again Ive never had one done. If I did who knows what it would find as I know my original relatives came from Hannover Germany about 300 years ago.

How do you know?

Quote:
After that it would be pretty much a free for all. With my additional ancestors being from whomever populated the area of Virginia which became West Virginia.

As for having voted for a flagrant segregationist yes I voted for and supported Sen Thurmond. But

But you and your Klan relatives could have done better, and chose not to.

Quote:
lets not forget at the same time our other Sen was Fritz Hollings a Democrat who was the Governor who put the stars and bars on our state capitol. So it really doesnt matter if you voted for Strom or his opponet or Hollings or his opponet it is a safe bet that all who ran were at one tome segregationists.

Well yes, any time conservative whites have a stranglehold on any party's politics, discrimination against everyone else is invariably the result.

Otherwise, I'm not really interested in your excuses and rationalizations for supporting professional racists.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Indeed. Right now the mother of a Gay Woman, who is married but wont be for long due to rump, is LOVING on Rump, saying he is the greatest president of ALL TIME

This relative of mine is an older white female who votes for GOP as if she was lining up for free Louis Vuitton purses.

The truth simply is she LOVES that they hate and hate hard. She just hopes the Gay thing doesnt interfere with that hate.

Meh, those are the people who kick out their kids.

Then want to turn around and shriek at everyone in earshot how "prolife" and "profamily" they are. :problem:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

The real Pocohontas' life was not quite as lovely as a Disney movie.

She married an English planter named John Rolfe, and moved with him to England.

In England, she basically got treated like a walking freak show, and Rolfe's friends and colleagues basically all asked him why he brought this strange monstrosity back from the New World.

This life, alas, was sad, but true.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

The real Pocohontas' life was not quite as lovely as a Disney movie.

She married an English planter named John Rolfe, and moved with him to England.

In England, she basically got treated like a walking freak show, and Rolfe's friends and colleagues basically all asked him why he brought this strange monstrosity back from the New World.

This life, alas, was sad, but true.

Yeah, another one of those "she fell in love with her rapist" fantasies. :problem:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

‘It’s funny because you’re racist’: Twitter swamps Jason Chaffetz after he mocks Elizabeth Warren with Indian selfie

Fox News contributor Jason Chaffetz was deluged with mockery on Thursday after he posted a photo of a Native American statue to attack Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

In a tweet on Thursday, Chaffetz, a former U.S. House member from Utah, shared what appeared to be a selfie with a wooden statue of a Native American chief.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/funny- ... ifications