RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not that I needed confirmation, but he works for the KGB.

Or, as I am known to say, MIGHT AS WELL work for them given his ACTIONS are the same as if he did.

Last edited by Libertas on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

OT

saw this

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's one from yesterday anyone who calls the party Democrat instead of ic is a bully.

Ralph Nader: Democrats are still weak and corrupt, “could blow it again”

Ralph Nader knows how you feel about the 2000 election and the presidency of George W. Bush, all these years later. He would like you know that none of that was his fault.

Toward the end of a Salon Talks interview last week with the legendary consumer advocate and democracy gadfly — who is now 84 years old, but quotes dates, names, laws, vote totals and page numbers without hesitation — I asked Nader the inevitable question about 2000, which he may have heard 2,000 times by now. You know, I told him, that many people still blame you for how that election turned out, and everything that happened afterwards.

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/14/ralph- ... -it-again/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

James Ridgway on all the Democraric Party name calling and sour grapes after the 2000 election.

"They're the meanest bunch of motherfuckers I've ever run across."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

However the party treated Ralph in 2000 or not, I lost my fondness for the guy when he decided to do this.

Ever since about 2014 or so, he's been pitching a so-called Left/Right Alliance. Some of his ideas are sound, quite a few are nutty.

Some of the ways he pitches this alliance makes me wonder whether he really is on what we traditionally think of as the "Left". In fact, there's some weird praises in that book for conservative thinkers and intellectuals.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 0b7229cb22

Whenever I hear about Left/Right Alliances, I get nervous. It reminds me of a weird ongoing 20th c. tentpole called Third Position, which when you look at it squarely, really seems more Right than Left.

I mean, shit, Grover Norquist wrote a praiseworthy blurb for "Unstoppable". I'm all for coalitions, but I don't want Grover in mine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:07 am 
Board Emeritus

To borrow from Charles Pierce, Nader was a Great American Crank. He could have stayed so, pointing out the problems and generally raising hell, but he chose to start taking himself seriously and demanding that others take him seriously. This is especially shown in his entrance into the political arena beyond his push for consumer activism. Once he became a politician seeking office he made himself just another politician capable of being co-opted or worse drawing away from the very people who likely could have implemented some of his ideas.

It is long past time for him to quietly go away.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Nader was the nadir of third party politics. It's best that he just go away.