RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GOP SCORECARD
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

Much like everybody else here posts our sources, everybody reads your ridiculous propaganda links. The reason you don't reference your sources is because you got these stats from whackodoodle Trump-drunk websites.

Is militant ignorance and intellectual laziness a cultural value for miseducated conservative whites?

glen is White Male Conservative who has a history of being less than honest with his posts and with his threads. Here he is being asked to provide source material and refusing to do so.

What are you afraid of glen, being proven a liar....again.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ahem. #1 was just refuted.

Now see that is not game playing and is a legit response.

Here is a link backing up what I wrote

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... hemselves/

I could provide other and more detailed links that had both facts and figures but, they would be from RW sources.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

glen is White Male Conservative who has a history of being less than honest with his posts and with his threads. Here he is being asked to provide source material and refusing to do so.

What are you afraid of glen, being proven a liar....again.

Which one do you not believe. OK I will play your game and post a link one by one. If you agree to respond to every link with an apology and admitting you were wrong.

Here is the first link

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

I could provide other and more detailed links that had both facts and figures but, they would be from RW sources.

Uh huh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investor% ... ness_Daily

Investor's Business Daily (IBD) is an American newspaper and website covering the stock market, international business, finance and economics. Founded in 1984 by William O'Neil as a print news publication, it is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.[1] Holding a conservative political stance, IBD provides news and analysis on stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, commodities, and other financial instruments aimed at individual investors and financial professionals.[2]

[snip]

IBD takes a conservative political stance in its news and analysis.[10][11][12]

[snip][end]

Last but not least, the claim IBD is making in your piece, was refuted by the piece in Fiscal Times.

I hope you can recognize when a graph shows a downward trend.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

It is very easy. Provide your source material, which according title of the thread, would support what you have posted.

You either have the proof or you do not.

Prove you are not lying glen, PUT UP OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

OK I will play your game

Do you think the credibility of what you decide to say is a game?

Quote:

Op-ed from April.

Quote:
The pile of misinformation and outright lies about the tax cuts spread by Democrats keeps getting higher.

:roll:

Something more current and less resentful of "Democrats," pls.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

We are about to have an economic turn down. Again they always hit trucking first. Which is why I am sitting here losing money instead of earning money.

As far as this thread being RW Extremist hyper partisan or dishonest or trolling. I notice you nor anyone else have been able to dispute even one of the facts which I listed.

I did. Some weren’t facts, they were opinions.And some had no basis in reality such as steel worker wages.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

Last edited by bird on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Google them yourself I am not playing the post a link that nobody is ever going to look at game.

Fuck off. All we do here day after day is express our opinions. And when challenged, what we are expected to do is either provide support for these opinions, or corroborating information from those with some expertise on the opinion that reinforces our opinion. We argue opinions and the basis for our opinions.

Except for you. When called upon to back up your fucked up opinions you post some snarky bullshit telling everybody to go fucking google it if we don't believe it. You don't back up your bullshit. Because you have no legitimate links to back up your bullshit.

It's why you're a fucking troll.

And since you're a fucking troll...all you get from me from now on is...

FUCK OFF.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Now see that is not game playing and is a legit response.

Here is a link backing up what I wrote

Your link is from April whereas the Professor's link is more recent being from August.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 pm 
Policy Wonk

One has to wonder why glen is so reticent to provide his proof.

Either he has such material or he does not.

All you have to is provide a link glen....what are you afraid of?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

We are about to have an economic turn down. Again they always hit trucking first. Which is why I am sitting here losing money instead of earning money.

As far as this thread being RW Extremist hyper partisan or dishonest or trolling. I notice you nor anyone else have been able to dispute even one of the facts which I listed.

I did. Some weren’t facts, they were opinions.And some had no basis in reality such as steel worker wages.

And the fucking troll refuses to back up his opinions with any goddamn legitimate evidence to support his fucked up opinions. It's why he's a fucking troll.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

We can move to September. :D

Yes, the Tax Cuts Have Cost the U.S. Treasury Money
Tax receipts are down in nominal terms since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act took effect. Adjusted for inflation, they’re down a lot.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... sury-money

:mrgreen:

The graph on this page appears to be dynamic and so its image cannot be copy-pasted, but I recommend looking at 2018. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... ic-growth/

We are talking about Income Tax revenue

http://blog.independent.org/2018/07/16/ ... piling-up/

The second link is from a blog but, one that offers facts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tax receipts are down in nominal terms since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act took effect. Adjusted for inflation, they’re down a lot.

The graph on this page appears to be dynamic and so its image cannot be copy-pasted, but I recommend looking at 2018. :D

Adjusted for inflation? The chart on this link show them to be higher than last year

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u-s- ... ue-3305762

This link shows total revenue higher for fiscal 2019 vs 2018

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, if you are incapable of understanding why they should be adjusted for inflation, I refuse to have this discussion with you.

BTW, a 2019 projection is a projection. I hope you remember what fiscal year we're in NOW.

Finally, like everybody keeps telling you, READ YOUR OWN LINKS, as the one you just posted noted:

Revenues would be much higher without the Trump tax plan.

They also say:

Now that the recession is over, those tax cuts should be reversed. Taxes should be increased, not cut. An economic expansion is the time to pay off the debt, not add to it.

That of course hearkens back to the wisdom of a fella named John Maynard Keynes. (Though he would quibble and say they should be increased on the wealthy, primarily.)

Last edited by ProfessorX on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

And the fucking troll refuses to back up his opinions with any goddamn legitimate evidence to support his fucked up opinions. It's why he's a fucking troll.

I have now provided 4 different links on tax revenue, how many have you looked at?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

One has to wonder why glen is so reticent to provide his proof.

Either he has such material or he does not.

All you have to is provide a link glen....what are you afraid of?

I have now provided 4 different links on tax revenue, how many have you looked at?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Senate Democrats are asking President Trump and the Trump Organization to disclose any ties to Saudi Arabia, as well as freeze any potential business relationships

Why arent the GOP doing this eh glen?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, if you are incapable of understanding why they should be adjusted for inflation, I refuse to have this discussion with you.

Why would you sincerely discuss anything with someone who is actively trying to kill you, your wife, your children and grandchildren?

Not picking on you but ONLY people like glen can stop putin from taking our country and from rump killing more journalists. Just using your comment to make my point.

Rump cant commit treason and destroy America if the entire base of his revolts. But they wont, glen wont, joe wont.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/income-tax-revenues-trump-tax-cuts-economic-growth/

Your OP said gov't tax revenue, not "only individual income tax revenue" -- that's moving the goalposts.

BTW, moving the goalposts that way could help occlude the massive decline in corporate tax revenue.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:37 pm 
Policy Wonk

So glen, the Professor has posted links to both Financial Times and Bloomberg that refute the claims in IBD.

Do you glen, have at least one more source to support your claim, or are going make a stand with Investor's? It is always better to have at two or three sources that independently support information you post.

Both of the Professor's links are more current than yours and then there is the Coming Economic Down Turn Thread that you created on Saturday October 13.

You once again have been caught out glen. Live with it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why arent the GOP doing this eh glen?

While that is not related to this thread it is a good question nonetheless. The reason Democrats are asking is purely political. Unless of course they are asking all American companies to do the same. The fact is the Saudis murdered that journalist. The real non-political question is what should we [ the US Gov't do about it] Followed by what can we do about it?

Unfortunately the answers are very little and even less. Our economy is tied to the free flow of oil at competitive prices. If we tread on the Saudi toes they have the ability to effect that flow. I do not believe we are ready for $6 a gallon gas. Nor do I believe we are ready for the economic collapse that $6 gas would cause.

So basically we are screwed and there just is nothing our Gov't can do about what the Saudis have done.

If you have a suggestion to a workable solution I would love to hear it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/income-tax-revenues-trump-tax-cuts-economic-growth/

The second link is from a blog but, one that offers facts

:problem:

It's a blog from the Indpendent Institute, a think tank full of rightwing nutjob "facts". :problem:

Lol this is their blogroll

(Tab)ulation, The
African-American Conservatives
Against Monopoly
Agoraphilia
Alpha.Sources
Alt-M: Ideas for an Alternative Monetary Future
Anything Peaceful
Austrian Addiction
Bleeding Heart Libertarians
But What the Hell Do I Know…
Cato@Liberty
Citizen Economists
Cobden Centre
Commons, The
Conservative Economics
Coordination Problem
Coyote Blog
Crash Landing
Culture of Congestion
Division of Labor
Econ Policy Journal
EconLog
Economic Reasoning
Economic Way of Thinking, The
Economics and History
Economics in Plain English
Ed Policy
El Instituto Independiente Blog :roll:
Enterprise Blog, The
Errors of Enchantment
Federalist
Financial Armageddon
First Principles Journal
Fly Bottle, The
Foundry, The
Freakonomics
Free Advice from Bob Murphy
Free Banking
Free Exchange
Freedom Talks
Front Porch Republic
Gateway Pundit
Greg Mankiw's Blog
Hawblog
Healthcare Economist
Imaginative Conservative, The
InsiderOnline Blog
John Stossel's Take
Kids Prefer Cheese
Knowledge Problem
Krugman-in-Wonderland
Law and Liberty
Libertarian Standard
libertybelles
Macro and Other Market Musings
Managerial Econ
Market Urbanism
Maverecon
Max Borders
Megan McArdle
Mess That Greenspan Made, The
Mises Economics Blog
Money Illusion, The
Neutral Source
Newmark's Door
Next Free Voice
No Coercion
OpenMarket
Organizations and Markets
Patriot’s Lament
Perfect Substitute, The
Perpetual Three-Dot Column, The
Peter Gordon
Pileus
PowerBlog
Private Sector Development Blog
Rogue Economist Rants
Skeptical CPA
Somewhat Reasonable
Stefan Karlsson
Straus Military Reform Project
The Stag Blog
ThinkMarkets
University Bookman

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

You post from a blog glen, and try to pass it off as source material. Won't work.

Carmen has nailed you to the wall glen, your pathetic attempt gloryfying RePugs is a failure.

This seems to be a theme with you. You post RePuBliKLan Propaganda and you get caught out doing it.

Really glen, stop using opinion pieces as facts, it never works for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next