RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GOP SCORECARD
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen used a blog?

Dear god, what a waste of all of your or our time.

He is a republican, he supports our DEATHS...journalists now, that they dont care about and refuse to call rump out on, next it will be one of us.

For now he is happy taking our SS and medicare

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:00 pm 
Policy Wonk

And a Conservative Bog to boot. This is what glen does, finds a Conservative Opinion and then will post it as fact and then when he gets caught doing it, he will then cry about unfair it is that members point out that Opinions are NOT facts.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

You post from a blog glen, and try to pass it off as source material. Won't work.

Carmen has nailed you to the wall glen, your pathetic attempt gloryfying RePugs is a failure.

This seems to be a theme with you. You post RePuBliKLan Propaganda and you get caught out doing it.

Really glen, stop using opinion pieces as facts, it never works for you.

Had you read the Professors link you would have seen that in paragraph 9 it states that income tax collects are up 7%. Also you would have read that the Professors link you would have seen it was also an opinion piece. As in the heading is Bloomberg Opinion.

Really Professor, stop using opinion pieces as facts, it never works according to MD.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

And a Conservative Bog to boot. This is what glen does, finds a Conservative Opinion and then will post it as fact and then when he gets caught doing it, he will then cry about unfair it is that members point out that Opinions are NOT facts.

Had you looked at the Blog you would have found it to be steeped in facts to back up opinion. Again for that matter had you looked at the Prof's link you would have seen it was from Bloomberg Opinion.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Had you read the Professors link you would have seen that in paragraph 9 it states that income tax collects are up 7%.

You could choose to focus on that, maybe to ignore that it says corporate tax collections are down around 35% or so, IIRC.

BTW, corporate tax collections are part of government tax revenue, and that is what is in your OP.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Had you looked at the Blog you would have found it to be steeped in facts to back up opinion. Again for that matter had you looked at the Prof's link you would have seen it was from Bloomberg Opinion.

Ok that's 2 sources. 9 more to go. What else you got?

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Really Professor, stop using opinion pieces as facts, it never works according to MD.

I think the validity of opinions has something to do with the validity and quantity of quality of facts they contain. This is what makes some opinions more valid than others. BTW: also source credibility and reliability should be considered. This may put my opinion at odds with someone else's opinion here, but I still hold it.

I also think certain things are facts. PI is 3.14159.... (digits continue infinitely) ... I call this a fact because it is not just my opinion, it's a universally acknowledged fact.

I will note you said your first opinion piece came from a neutral source, when in fact investors.com is operated by Investor's Business Daily, which openly touts itself as expressing conservative viewpoints. So, yes, I did point that out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glens pals

https://twitter.com/LouisvilleARA/statu ... 0211290734

outing of those chickenshit punks who beat up the protesters - put this on your scorecard, traitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think the validity of opinions has something to do with the validity and quantity of quality of facts they contain. This is what makes some opinions more valid than others. BTW: also source credibility and reliability should be considered. This may put my opinion at odds with someone else's opinion here, but I still hold it.

I also think certain things are facts. PI is 3.14159.... (digits continue infinitely) ... I call this a fact because it is not just my opinion, it's a universally acknowledged fact.

I will note you said your first opinion piece came from a neutral source, when in fact investors.com is operated by Investor's Business Daily, which openly touts itself as expressing conservative viewpoints. So, yes, I did point that out.

Exactly, if an opinion piece offers a fact then an opinion based on that fact and you or I post it as a link, we are referencing the facts not the opinion. Of course inmy case anytime I post facts found in an opinion piece Iget the usual crap as we have seen here. Primarily people who never clicked or read the link but, saw it was from a blog or opinion page. Which is another reason I am getting tired of playing the where's your link game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Stop killing journalists and Iran deals and POC and Gay people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have now provided 4 different links on tax revenue, how many have you looked at?

Fuck off. Did you read the perfesser's post regarding your links and your moronic interpretation?

Tired of playing the "links game?" Get the fuck out then. The debate is over the quality of our opinions, the debate is over the quality of the source that forms opinion, and over the interpretation of the information from the source that forms the opinion. If you're too stupid to understand what you read that's your problem. So if you don't like the way current events/political forums work, just get the fuck out. Because this is how they all work.

Fuck off.

PS - Every fucking congressional Republican...every fucking state and local Republican office holder is a co-conspirator in the multigenerational Trump family criminal enterprise. So if you have a molecule of fucking integrity in there somewhere you will never vote for another Republican politician for any office ever again.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fuck off. Did you read the perfesser's post regarding your links and your moronic interpretation?

Wait, he forgot one

http://www.stupidshitaconsayswhentheyopentheirmouth.com

NOTHING any con EVER Says is true, EVER.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Exactly, if an opinion piece offers a fact then an opinion based on that fact and you or I post it as a link, we are referencing the facts not the opinion. Of course inmy case anytime I post facts found in an opinion piece Iget the usual crap as we have seen here. Primarily people who never clicked or read the link but, saw it was from a blog or opinion page. Which is another reason I am getting tired of playing the where's your link game.

It's not a game.

Ending up in this boat is avoidable. All it takes is a little self-education in how to do internet research.

I know conservative whites are deeply hostile to the very notion of "education," and that as a white male conservative elitist you've likely been taught your entire life that the plebes are not supposed to question any feckless utterance that comes out of your mouth.

But learning how to research actual facts on the internet will help you sharpen your arguments so that people aren't so quick to write off those baldfaced assertions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's not a game.

Ending up in this boat is avoidable. All it takes is a little self-education in how to do internet research.

I know conservative whites are deeply hostile to the very notion of "education," and that as a white male conservative elitist you've likely been taught your entire life that the plebes are not supposed to question any feckless utterance that comes out of your mouth.

But learning how to research actual facts on the internet will help you sharpen your arguments so that people aren't so quick to write off those baldfaced assertions.

I provided links and nobody looked at them. Other than to see one of them was from a blog site. Which they called me on for using an opinion piece as a link. Not knowing the Prof had also used an opinion page as his link showing they didn't look at his either. Making it little more than a game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:46 pm 
Policy Wonk

The Professor uses facts, glen uses fantasy.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Professor uses facts, glen uses fantasy.

I'm pretty sure at this point glen uses methamphetamine. It's brain rot central in that cab.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

You post from a blog glen, and try to pass it off as source material. Won't work.

Carmen has nailed you to the wall glen, your pathetic attempt gloryfying RePugs is a failure.

This seems to be a theme with you. You post RePuBliKLan Propaganda and you get caught out doing it.

Really glen, stop using opinion pieces as facts, it never works for you.

Please don't use the phrase "nailed you to the wall" when talking about glen because enough people already say "Jesus Christ" when he says/posts something and that phrase will only make him believe he really is Jesus Christ. :rw)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm pretty sure at this point glen uses methamphetamine. It's brain rot central in that cab.

Nah, I blame it on a diesel leak in his cab.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

I provided links and nobody looked at them. Other than to see one of them was from a blog site. Which they called me on for using an opinion piece as a link. Not knowing the Prof had also used an opinion page as his link showing they didn't look at his either. Making it little more than a game.

You provided an oped piece and a blog post from a right wing think tank. Where are they others?

People did look at them and have been gracious enough to provide feedback you haven't really earned.

You've also tacitly demanded apologies you haven't earned yet, either.

But then, you could have avoided this dilemma altogether, already knowing people are going to ask you to cite your sources when you pontificate like a filibustering Dixiecrat.

Lather rinse repeat, I really DN what you're complaining about except that your trolling effort once again failed :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

You provided an oped piece and a blog post from a right wing think tank. Where are they others?

People did look at them and have been gracious enough to provide feedback you haven't really earned.

You've also tacitly demanded apologies you haven't earned yet, either.

But then, you could have avoided this dilemma altogether, already knowing people are going to ask you to cite your sources when you pontificate like a filibustering Dixiecrat.

Lather rinse repeat, I really DN what you're complaining about except that your trolling effort once again failed :)

glen keeps saying "
I provided links and nobody looked at them" but the fact is we did look at them and responded to them. glen is a liar.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

but the fact is we did look at them and responded to them. glen is a liar.

It's the Trump way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:13 pm 
Policy Wonk

If we're talking about short term policy for political gain, tax cuts are an excellent tool.

The problem is that without real financial discipline, its not sustainable as we have seen
three times in the last 100 years. It's not about crowing for a scorecard but considering
the mess that will need to be cleaned by the next president.

It would be one thing if Republicans advocated for a balanced budget ala Eisenhower
but Eisenhower would be not be welcomed in today's Republican party for while he
disliked high taxes, he understood government revenues needed to match its
expenditures and rejected cutting taxes without a matching cut in spending.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 am 
Board Emeritus

I dislike high taxes on the working, poor, and middle classes. I favor lower taxes on the poorest people. I favor high taxes on the wealthy. This is known as progressive taxation.

The problem is the Republicans tend to favor lower taxes on the WEALTHY, making taxation less progressive. BTW, pay attention to what they do, because sometimes in a bit of a confidence trick, they also make taxation less progressive by increasing it on the poor. (See: payroll taxes.)

I have always felt the way this debate is couched between the ideologies/parties is a bit bogus. Democrats favor lower taxes on the poor. Republicans favor higher taxes on the poor, lower on the wealthy. A less progressive tax system.

Note that Donald's tax cut is not all that different from earlier Republican politicians like Reagan. It was a supply side tax cut, and honest observation will show the wealthy got their taxes cut MOST. Hey, don't take my word for it, this is what Donald told his rich friends in Manhattan and at Mar-a-Lago he was going to do. Can we please, for once, cut aside Trump's MOTHER FUCKING BULLSHIT and look at the truth?

Trump reportedly told friends at Mar-a-Lago 'you all just got a lot richer' hours after signing tax bill
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-m ... ll-2017-12

President Donald Trump reportedly told friends at his swanky Mar-a-Lago resort "You all just got a lot richer," hours after signing the GOP's massive tax bill.
But an analysis from the non-partisan Tax Policy Center found that over time, corporations and wealthy Americans will see the most benefits from the tax code overhaul.

[snip][end]

Polls show a large swath of the voting populace noticed, and that's a good thing, IMHO.

They're still fighting the income tax system and arguing for a so-called "fair" (anything but) national flat tax ... because like I keep saying, they hate progressive taxation. And then there's the national sales tax, which would actually be regressive.

Let's use the correct frames for having this debate.

Final point: a progressive tax system some would argue is more moral, just, and fair than any other kind. After all, a poor person facing high taxes might have his/her family go without food. A rich person facing high taxes ... oh my, might have to sell off a yacht or give up a summer home.

But Keynes argued progressive taxation also makes more economic sense, because if the lower and middle classes have more money in their pocket, they spend it, and make the economy run and grow. This includes having the government take less in taxes. Upper class people, when they have more money in their pocket, tend to invest it in Swiss bank accounts and other places that do not increase the growth and productivity of our own national economy. Also, when the government uses the tax revenue generated this way for stimulus spending, it also helps the economy grow.

QED. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 am 
Board Emeritus

It's based on the false premise that if you pump ixty billion dollars into tax relief for billionaires, ixty-1 billion of it will go to hire people and stimulate growth.

1. the math is faulty

2. it's been done several times now, and it hasn't done that yet.

Conclusion: either our policy makers are insane, or they want to strip the country of its wealth and turn it all over to the top 1% so some tiny fraction will shake out as political campaign donations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:54 am 
Board Emeritus

glen keeps saying "
I provided links and nobody looked at them" but the fact is we did look at them and responded to them. glen is a liar.

Then please explain why was I called out on using an opinion piece but Prof wasn't? Because nobody looked at either link. If they had they would have seen both were fact based opinion pieces.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next