RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:35 am 
Board Emeritus

Come on ... don't do this shit, and I won't say it. It's really kinda simple.

Iowa U.S. Rep. Steve King endorses white nationalist Canadian politician
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 668512002/

U.S. Rep. Steve King, an Iowa Republican who has a history of controversial remarks, is praising a Canadian political candidate who is far right and a white nationalist.

King tweeted Tuesday night in support of Faith Goldy, a candidate for Toronto mayor, describing her as an excellent candidate who is "pro Rule of Law, pro Make Canada Safe Again, pro balanced budget, &...BEST of all, Pro Western Civilization and a fighter for our values. @FaithGoldy will not be silenced."

[snip]

Kedron Bardwell, who chairs the political science department at Simpson College in Indianola, said Goldy has claimed "Canada is undergoing a 'white genocide.'"

Gordy also "appeared on the Neo-Nazi/white supremacist web site 'Daily Stormer,' and was fired by a Canadian right wing/anti-Muslim site for being too extreme," Bardwell said.

Bardwell also tweeted that Goldy "explicitly recited white supremacist slogan The 14 Words ("We must secure the existence of our people and a future for WHITE children") on a 2017 radio show, and she also said she “salutes” white supremacists who showed up in Charlottesville, Virginia, “in hordes.”

[snip]

King isn't the only person in American politics who has generated controversy by an association with Goldy. Former New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani, who is currently an attorney for President Donald Trump, posed for pictures in September with Goldy that she posted on social media.

This also isn't King's first brush with controversy involving right-wing foreign politicians. King was criticized last year after he tweeted a suggestion that Muslim children are preventing “our civilization” from being restored. The tweet was intended as a gesture of support to Geert Wilders, a far-right Dutch politician and leader of the Party for Freedom. King's comments were condemned by top Iowa Republican leaders.

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:42 am 
Board Emeritus

It's almost impossible to exaggerate how extreme the Republican Party has become.

It is the duty of Republicans to right ship.

If they derelict, their party will be on the same historical scrap heap as the Know-Nothings and the America Firsters. It will collapse and be replaced with something that recognizes the existence of the 21st century.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:50 am 
Policy Wonk

Active Voter Suppression in Georgia and North Carolina. 45 called Neo-Nazi's and White Supremacists "Fine People". The KKK Phonebanking for 45. David Duke endorses 45.

Republicans are racist.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:53 am 
Board Emeritus

If you harbor terrorists, you're a terrorist. A Republican said that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Chairman Perez was on Stephanie today and he said it AGAIN and I was SCREAMING at the phone.

Not angry at him, per se, but he calls the voter obstruction in GA and ND "shenanigans" and he says that word over and over.

So I tweeted this

Quote:
@TomPerez Thank you so much for all you do, please do me a favor and never use the word “shenanigans” again re voter suppression. This is a violent vicious attack on our democracy, not shenanigans

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

Perez is a Corporate Dem. He does not want to piss big money donors.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

and the phrase corporate dem is a rightwing talking point

it is sad to see it used by someone so involved in the party

I dont know when it will ever end either

it doesnt matter that you are not purposely repeating rightwing talking points, doesnt matter why...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 pm 
Policy Wonk

and the phrase corporate dem is a rightwing talking point

it is sad to see it used by someone so involved in the party

I dont know when it will ever end either

it doesnt matter that you are not purposely repeating rightwing talking points, doesnt matter why...

No it is not. Facts are facts. Perez refuses to end Corporate Donation to the Democratic Party and Candidates.

Don't even go there. It is not a talking point, it is the truth.

So much for not being critical of Democrats.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, I am not critical, at all of ANY democrats right now, as much as I might want to be.

What I am saying to Perez is constructive criticism from a friendly position and that is clear to anyone.

You see we are both making the same criticism, so to speak

your way is to use harsh, prevent people from voting by using rightwing speak and my way is to politely, peacefully, constructively ask him to use a different word about something

Not saying you are rw, or mean to repeat what clearly helps them but you ARE doing it.

i was going to add we shouldnt be arguing at all, and there is no reason to be. I made a benign comment and you added that comment you added and here we are.

After the election, do a poll here and elsewhere and ask people if they think the phrase "corporate dem" helps to elect democrats or hurts that cause. We know what WAS done already in 2016.

And I DO NOT want to argue with you. You are a passionate and involved Democrat, FOR NOW that is all that matters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
So Why Call Republicans Racist?

Because any political party with a stranglehold by conservative whites will be, by default, racist in its legal, social, and public policy choices.

Starting with today's Republican Party.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

No, I am not critical, at all of ANY democrats right now, as much as I might want to be.

What I am saying to Perez is constructive criticism from a friendly position and that is clear to anyone.

You see we are both making the same criticism, so to speak

your way is to use harsh, prevent people from voting by using rightwing speak and my way is to politely, peacefully, constructively ask him to use a different word about something

Not saying you are rw, or mean to repeat what clearly helps them but you ARE doing it.

i was going to add we shouldnt be arguing at all, and there is no reason to be. I made a benign comment and you added that comment you added and here we are.

After the election, do a poll here and elsewhere and ask people if they think the phrase "corporate dem" helps to elect democrats or hurts that cause. We know what WAS done already in 2016.

And I DO NOT want to argue with you. You are a passionate and involved Democrat, FOR NOW that is all that matters.

I stated a fact. You were crtical of me for stating that fact. Perez is a Corporate Dem. He has refused to end Corporate Donations to the Democratic Party. One of the many reasons I opposed his becoming D.N.C. Chair.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Perez refuses to end Corporate Donation to the Democratic Party and Candidates.

OK. So here's the deal. Do I think the party should not be so dependent on corporate donations and take less from corporations? OK, yes. Should it probably be more choosy about which corporations to take donations from, I know the one thing Perez did that pissed people off was how he over-ruled on fossil fuel donations .... yeah, I'd agree.

Should it support campaign finance reform which will limit the ability of corporations to influence/dominate our political system financially? That to me is the MOST important thing, though I understand the connection with the things above and this policy matter.

Now. Do I think the Democratic party should take zero donations from corporations? All of them? Ben & Jerry's? CREDO/Working Assets? CostCo? Even those with strong support for blue causes and corporate social responsibility? No, no I don't.

Does that make me a 'corporate Dem'?

I am not of the viewpoint that the chair of the DNC should end all corporate donations to the Democratic party.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

OK. So here's the deal. Do I think the party should not be so dependent on corporate donations and take less from corporations? OK, yes. Should it probably be more choosy about which corporations to take donations from, I know the one thing Perez did that pissed people off was how he over-ruled on fossil fuel donations .... yeah, I'd agree.

Should it support campaign finance reform which will limit the ability of corporations to influence/dominate our political system financially? That to me is the MOST important thing, though I understand the connection with the things above and this policy matter.

Now. Do I think the Democratic party should take zero donations from corporations? All of them? Ben & Jerry's? CREDO/Working Assets? CostCo? Even those with strong support for blue causes and corporate social responsibility? No, no I don't.

Does that make me a 'corporate Dem'?

I am not of the viewpoint that the chair of the DNC should end all corporate donations to the Democratic party.

GREAT point, and yet I wasnt even thinking that far into it, I just want to not have a single negative comment made about any democrat or the party NOW, not until the NAZIS are gone.

It is that simple for me. But you are right, not all corporations are bad. ALTHOUGH if it were up to me there would be no such thing, I would outlaw it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

I just want two legal matters clarified.

a) They are not 'people' like you and me, they are fictive or artificial persons, and thus do not have "rights" like "freedom of speech" or "religion". :roll:
a1) BTW, they definitely do not have a 'right' to make anonymous unlimited contributions to politicians that follows from the above nonsense. :roll:
b) Milton Friedman can go f himself, they DO have larger responsibilities to society, their employees, and their communities, and not just to their f'n shareholders.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

I just want two legal matters clarified.

a) They are not 'people' like you and me, they are fictive or artificial persons, and thus do not have "rights" like "freedom of speech" or "religion". :roll:
a1) BTW, they definitely do not have a 'right' to make anonymous unlimited contributions to politicians that follows from the above nonsense. :roll:
b) Milton Friedman can go f himself, they DO have larger responsibilities to society, their employees, and their communities, and not just to their f'n shareholders.

Their very basis for existence, in their charters, demands they break the law and destroy the environment or the CEO will lose his or her job.

Her or his, that is.

They are by CHARTER required to FUCK OVER workers and the environment and the community they exist in.

Dont believe me, read one, any one.

Now do Ben and Jerry write their charter up differently maybe, maybe. But get a new person in charge and watch out. There are exceptions, always. but in my world there are no corps, not one sq ft of land is owned by anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Corporation <> person.

For one thing, they seem a lot harder to kill. For another, they don't reproduce. Oddly, they simply grow, forever, by devouring all about them.

It's all a scam. I forget the details but apparently some court decision "just happened" to be recorded in error. Now of course with the billionaires' handpicked SCOTUS, it gets upheld.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

What we know is that Steve King will be re-elected by a whopping majority of bigot Iowans, and that if glen or Joe lived in King's district he would get their votes as well.

"Pro-Western civilization, eh?

They put jesus on a cross
They put a hole in JFK
They put Hitler in the driver's seat
And looked the other way
You got the funky western civilization
All ya gotta do is
Grab your partner by the hair
Throw her down
Leave her there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

What we know is that Steve King will be re-elected by a whopping majority of bigot Iowans, and that if glen or Joe lived in King's district he would get their votes as well.

They put a hole in JFK
And looked the other way
All ya gotta do is
Throw her down
Leave her there.

Steve King is another professional racist.

The board cons around here definitely would not have a problem pulling the lever for him - he represents them, perfectly. White cons without the white sheets.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Steve King is another professional racist.

The board cons around here definitely would not have a problem pulling the lever for him - he represents them, perfectly. White cons without the white sheets.

It is why they love Russia now so much and putin. Russia is a racist, white male centric place and our board cons LOVE that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

They put a hole in JFK
And looked the other way
All ya gotta do is
Throw her down
Leave her there.

https://www.omaha.com/news/nation/endor ... e0886.html

Quote:
Endorsement of Canadian white-nationalist candidate by Iowa's Steve King draws rebukes

If you are a white republican you are a racist. Period.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 pm 
Policy Wonk

I agree with your saying that nasty activities like voter suppression should not be referred to with "playful" words like shenanigans or hijinks. I also am becoming annoyed at the term "corporate democrat." It's an ambiguous term that seems to be used as a slur when someone objects to a Democrat's lack of "progressive purity."

If you say something like "I wish candidate X wouldn't accept money from Mr. Peabody's Coal company," fine. But to smear anyone who gives a speech to a group of businessmen or accepts money from a corporation, is not helping our cause.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree with your saying that nasty activities like voter suppression should not be referred to with "playful" words like shenanigans or hijinks. I also am becoming annoyed at the term "corporate democrat." It's an ambiguous term that seems to be used as a slur when someone objects to a Democrat's lack of "progressive purity."

If you say something like "I wish candidate X wouldn't accept money from Mr. Peabody's Coal company," fine. But to smear anyone who gives a speech to a group of businessmen or accepts money from a corporation, is not helping our cause.

Thanks, and no matter how hard I try I cant seem to get them to see that.

Even if you could argue I am the wrong messenger :rw) because I am so harsh, they still do it regardless.

but NOW i will not argue with another democrat or liberal...NOW is not the time.

If they can steal this election the signal to the world will be America is OK with and wants a murderous dictator. CANT have that

Having said all that, to marindem defense I am the one who started the thing off with a criticism of a liberal democrat. But it was a friendly one... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 pm 
Policy Wonk

:) Agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

viewtopic.php?p=427908#p427908

for fuck sake, I guess our board cons really are traitors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's all a scam. I forget the details but apparently some court decision "just happened" to be recorded in error. Now of course with the billionaires' handpicked SCOTUS, it gets upheld.

Santa Clara County vs. Southern Pacific Railroad, 1886
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Cla ... ailroad_Co.

Yes, it was cited as precedent for Citizens United, along with Buckley vs. Valeo. (BTW, I got the impression that Librarian was very much a BvV fan. I am not. But I digress.)

So: we'll cut to the chase -- Thom Hartmann often discusses this. You can go through the actual decision itself and search in vain for one of the justices arguing that "corporations are people" entitled to 14th amendment protections. It's not in the decision itself.

The court stenographer writes a codicil in the decision that claims, though, that they did reach that position. The kicker? Yes, he worked for the railroads.