Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:12 am 
Board Emeritus

It's about the worst call I've ever seen. :roll:

Go fuck yourself, Trumper asshole. Mookie's glove was directly above the yellow strip on the top of the wall and you assholes shoved his glove closed. The ball was in play, it was not out of the park, Mookie had it all the way, and you assholes interfered. So my message to Troy Caldwell of Houston is...eat shit you fucking pogue Trumper.

By the way, I'm not as interested in MLB as I once was...and I won't be until changes are made to remove every player who used PED's from the record books. Including Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, and Roger Clemens. But as far as this playoff season is concerned...I'm rooting for the Dodgers and the Red Sox, good teams from good blue states where the great majority of the citizens therein want Trump and Congressional Republican assholes gone. Fans of teams from Wisconsin and from fucking Texas in particular, can go take a flying fuck through a rolling donut.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 am 
Board Emeritus

I keep looking at the stands, and trying to remember that Houston is actually a diverse city with a vibrant culture. Often I fail, and end up thinking bad things about Texas which I know not to be true, not usually anyway.

Plus of course L.A. has a score to settle with the ASS-tros. So of course I'll see the fans touching the glove while it's still on the playing field, though fortunately the laws of perspective and the opacity of solid objects would indicate the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

I keep looking at the stands, and trying to remember that Houston is actually a diverse city with a vibrant culture.

OK...you bring up a good point, and I want to be fair. Clinton carried Harris County by 160,000 votes. But Harris County is absolutely diverse and growing more diverse. That said...the best information I have been able to find so far indicates that upwards of 75% of white voters in Harris County went for Trump. And this asshole Caldwell has the whole Trump gestalt, and in spades.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:15 pm 
Policy Wonk

They would fix these problems by mandating all the fences to be 10 feet high with the painted
yellow lines to signify HR's. It's neither the fans or players fault to want that ball but MLB that
wants more and more HR's.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's about the worst call I've ever seen. :roll:

Go fuck yourself, Trumper asshole. Mookie's glove was directly above the yellow strip on the top of the wall and you assholes shoved his glove closed. The ball was in play, it was not out of the park, Mookie had it all the way, and you assholes interfered. So my message to Troy Caldwell of Houston is...eat shit you fucking pogue Trumper.

By the way, I'm not as interested in MLB as I once was...and I won't be until changes are made to remove every player who used PED's from the record books. Including Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, and Roger Clemens. But as far as this playoff season is concerned...I'm rooting for the Dodgers and the Red Sox, good teams from good blue states where the great majority of the citizens therein want Trump and Congressional Republican assholes gone. Fans of teams from Wisconsin and from fucking Texas in particular, can go take a flying fuck through a rolling donut.

A. is the fan a trumper because he is white and where the game is or was something said or is he wearing something, i watched but dont see

not that it matters

B. not sure of the rule, looks like glove was out of play? I dont know what the rule is, WAIT the glove cant be out of play, nix that

fuck them all anyway, no giants, no A's

and I see someone adding about fixing this with walls, which reminds me WHAT is the RULE on the green monster, what is and isnt a home run, does it have to hit the wall above a line? I am confused on that wall.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:31 pm 
Policy Wonk

There are a number of ball parks which have a painted line which are designated HR's with the
ball parks with higher fences. MLB likely likes these types of controversies in a slow moving
sport with too many games.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

The rules...

At Minute Maid Park, the top foot or so of the wall and across the top of the wall which looks to be close to a foot thick is painted bright yellow. If the ball has crossed the vertical plane of the seats side of the yellow top of the wall, if it's on the seats side of the wall, it's out of play. A fielder can still catch it for an out if it's out of play, but a fan can't committ interference if it's out of play. If it's out of play between the foul lines it's a home run. If it's out of play outside of the foul lines it's a foul ball.

It's pretty much the same rules in all MLB ballparks. If the ball is beyond the vertical plane of the playing field wall it's out of play and not subject to fan interference, if it's not beyond that plane it's in play and subject to fan interference. On October 14, 2003 Steve Bartman stuck his hand into the ball field at Wrigley, interfered and should have been shot. Everybody got that?

IMHO and in the opinion of the reviewers in New York City, Mookie's glove was directly above the wall, in play, and he was interfered with by the asshole chronic complaining disenfranchised white christian Trumper.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

The rules...

At Minute Maid Park, the top foot or so of the wall and across the top of the wall which looks to be close to a foot thick is painted bright yellow. If the ball has crossed the vertical plane of the seats side of the yellow top of the wall, if it's on the seats side of the wall, it's out of play. A fielder can still catch it for an out if it's out of play, but a fan can't committ interference if it's out of play. If it's out of play between the foul lines it's a home run. If it's out of play outside of the foul lines it's a foul ball.

It's pretty much the same rules in all MLB ballparks. If the ball is beyond the vertical plane of the playing field wall it's out of play and not subject to fan interference, if it's not beyond that plane it's in play and subject to fan interference. On October 14, 2003 Steve Bartman stuck his hand into the ball field at Wrigley, interfered and should have been shot. Everybody got that?

IMHO and in the opinion of the reviewers in New York City, Mookie's glove was directly above the wall, in play, and he was interfered with by the asshole chronic complaining disenfranchised white christian Trumper.

green monster, is it a home run if it hits the green monster part of the wall anywhere or is there a line on that wall also?

is the wall so close to home plate because you have to hit it OVER the wall to get a dinger?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:49 am 
Board Emeritus

green monster, is it a home run if it hits the green monster part of the wall anywhere or is there a line on that wall also?

is the wall so close to home plate because you have to hit it OVER the wall to get a dinger?

No....there is no line of demarcation on the top of the left field wall at Fenway. If the ball goes over it, it's a home run. If a ball hits the wall it is not a home run, unless the batter can run the bases without being tagged out. Far as I know, no batter has ever hit an inside the park home run off the left field wall at Fenway. The wall is so close that every player on the field would have to fall down and not get up until the batter had crossed home plate...which I'm pretty sure has never happened. But I have not taken the time to Google it.

The left field wall is so close to home plate because when they built Fenway Park there was a city street in the way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Old ballparks tended to be truncated like Fenway. They shoehorned them into the city. Google Earth is quite instructive. If there was a street, they just chopped off that corner of the park. Not like now where developers have more rights than property owners, and they just eminent domain everything where some billionaire wants to put his wonderful new ballpark. (That might have started with O'Malley and Dodger Stadium, but I can't be sure on that.)

The wall in question is indeed a plane. Baseball is full of these. Football has two, above either goal line. An out recorded on the fan side of the plane is still an out, but the ball is still fair game for the fans. It has left the playing field. A ball on the field side of the plane is in play, and if a fan touches it or the player going for it, it is interference.

They've run this thing back a jillion times and the fan has broken the plane and is interfering with play. He can spout all manner of bs as a rationalization or simply to save face, but indeed he interfered. The laws of optics do not change for virtual planes.

He does look like a certain type of individual that is commonly encountered at sports events in Texas. I can't be sure of this. Looks on TV don't always work. But the stands in Houston and Atlanta do seem awfully white, and a certain type of white at that. Especially in Atlanta. Both of these are real cities. Ticket prices?

In any event the Midnight Baseball Association of New York City did view the elimination of the ASS-tros. Good. I can't look at a couple of their players without getting pissed.

Nana nana
Nana nana
Hey hey-ey
Goo-oodbye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well anyway the Red Sox are going to the World Series and the Red Staters down in Tejas can go cry in their BBQ.