Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

had to create a 2nd thread so there is NO excuse for not answering

one of them will be in charge, which one do you want?

cons

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

lol

Conservatives are going to vote for the professional racist. Every time.

Never, ever fails.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:14 am 
Board Emeritus

LOOK AT THIS, can you BELIEVE This

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:30 am 
Policy Wonk

Look at what?

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:51 am 
Board Emeritus

Look at what?

I am asking the board CONS to go an record if they had to choose either one, which one.

To vote for or whatever.

By posting it several times they have no excuse to say they didnt see it. By refusing to respond they ADMIT they support Putin over Kamala Harris or for that matter ANY Democrat because I assume they find her especially annoying, being a Woman and Black and smart, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:28 pm 
Policy Wonk

Dude, sometimes you need to more specific.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

[quote="marindem » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:28 am"]Dude, sometimes you need to more specific.[/quote} Agree, and if you said it that way to me the first time we would not have had to do this

But we are on the same team and that is great.

I just got a text from moveon

is the number or thing to text to and they will send you blue wave sticker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Libertas, I've been getting a lot of them. I've Googled for more information but haven't been getting enough information to sort them out. 668366 is an SMS short code. I don't know what it means other than they are automated list dialing commands which can send texts to thousands in seconds, there are a lot of those codes.

Trumpia is pushing them. "Trumpia's automated communications platform is the most complete texting solution.
Now, send the right messages to the right people at the right time - all automatically."

I found a directory but it doesn't say much except to say who owns those spammers codes, MoveOn does own that one.

Another example is 88022, it's the short code for Donald J. Trump for President. About his usage it says:

"88022 is being used by Donald J. Trump for President, along with email, to keep supporters updated on the organization's activities, missions and objectives. The short code is also used to solicit action when needed from SMS subscribers, as is the case when it's time for a political organization to get out the vote. Many political organizations similar to Donald J. Trump for President, have used their vanity short code short codes to solicit and collect donations from supporters. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney were the first political candidates to start accepting text message donations, back in the 2012 presidential race. In the 2016 presidential race, both Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders have used text messaging to solicit donations from their supporters."

https://usshortcodedirectory.com/directory/

I don't know why I'm getting whole spammer messages which are made up of nothing but those codes. One of them I got has about ten of those codes jumbled together ending with an "Amen."

Amen was the only word in the whole message I could read. I hope God's pleased, I know I'm not pleased.

:|

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

I do not do blind texting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Libertas, I've been getting a lot of them. I've Googled for more information but haven't been getting enough information to sort them out. 668366 is an SMS short code. I don't know what it means other than they are automated list dialing commands which can send texts to thousands in seconds, there are a lot of those codes.

Trumpia is pushing them. "Trumpia's automated communications platform is the most complete texting solution.
Now, send the right messages to the right people at the right time - all automatically."

I found a directory but it doesn't say much except to say who owns those spammers codes, MoveOn does own that one.

Another example is 88022, it's the short code for Donald J. Trump for President. About his usage it says:

"88022 is being used by Donald J. Trump for President, along with email, to keep supporters updated on the organization's activities, missions and objectives. The short code is also used to solicit action when needed from SMS subscribers, as is the case when it's time for a political organization to get out the vote. Many political organizations similar to Donald J. Trump for President, have used their vanity short code short codes to solicit and collect donations from supporters. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney were the first political candidates to start accepting text message donations, back in the 2012 presidential race. In the 2016 presidential race, both Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders have used text messaging to solicit donations from their supporters."

https://usshortcodedirectory.com/directory/

I don't know why I'm getting whole spammer messages which are made up of nothing but those codes. One of them I got has about ten of those codes jumbled together ending with an "Amen."

Amen was the only word in the whole message I could read. I hope God's pleased, I know I'm not pleased.

https://twitter.com/moveon/status/78154 ... 08?lang=en

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Still not a single con willing to support AMERICA

wow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

So one sends that code and then MoveOn spams their phone with text messages. Like one every five of so minutes, like at that Twitter feed you showed me.

I read that message that came up at the twitter link, and then clicked on the larger frame and read down through their postings. They're whipping their tweets out at a rate which seems like a lot.

More tweets than at Trump's tweeter.

First there would be this chime announcing a new text incoming just every so often. That part would be reminiscent of the shell fire into the trenches in World War I. I wonder if they conduct operations all night long.

Then there would be the joyous retrieval of the text itself and the reading of the battlefield inside scoop. A scoop which is undoubtedly sprinkled with authentic battlefield spam.

YUM!

Four years ago I gave my e-mail to Act Blue while giving someone in Montana a donation. They are ferocious inbox spammers. Worse than Obama was. I still get eighty to a hundred messages from Montana Democrats a week after four long years.

Opting out will stop one Montana Democrat from sending me more messages, but Act Blue is still handing out my contact info to all of that states candidates so the barrage continues unabated.

I wonder if that kind of fund raising scheme doesn't produce a counterproductive effect for Democrats. That of repelling more people than the funds it produces attracts for the candidates who use it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

So one sends that code and then MoveOn spams their phone with text messages. Like one every five of so minutes, like at that Twitter feed you showed me.

I read that message that came up at the twitter link, and then clicked on the larger frame and read down through their postings. They're whipping their tweets out at a rate which seems like a lot.

More tweets than at Trump's tweeter.

First there would be this chime announcing a new text incoming just every so often. That part would be reminiscent of the shell fire into the trenches in World War I. I wonder if they conduct operations all night long.

Then there would be the joyous retrieval of the text itself and the reading of the battlefield inside scoop. A scoop which is undoubtedly sprinkled with authentic battlefield spam.

YUM!

Four years ago I gave my e-mail to Act Blue while giving someone in Montana a donation. They are ferocious inbox spammers. Worse than Obama was. I still get eighty to a hundred messages from Montana Democrats a week after four long years.

Opting out will stop one Montana Democrat from sending me more messages, but Act Blue is still handing out my contact info to all of that states candidates so the barrage continues unabated.

I wonder if that kind of fund raising scheme doesn't produce a counterproductive effect for Democrats. That of repelling more people than the funds it produces attracts for the candidates who use it.

What in blue blazes are you talking about?

Move on doesn't "spam". "Spam" is unsolicited. You sign up for these, and you can also opt out of them.

Same for any email newsletter.

They also don't send things every five minutes, or even close.

TMK, MoveOn's texts are designed to drive traffic to their website, not direct appeals for money.

And if you want to receive texts without a notification sound, adjust your notifications settings for that sender on your phone. If your phone doesn't have this capability, get a new phone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Still not a single con willing to support AMERICA

wow

Conservatives are confederates, at this point.

And the ones that aren't are confederate appears. F. those people.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Conservatives are confederates, at this point.

And the ones that aren't are confederate appears. F. those people.

Rump was in on ordering the hit on Khashoggi

I wish Sam's wife would take his laptop away

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

I wish Sam's wife would take his laptop awat

I don't doubt it, one bit. There also probably needs to be another Hamilton 68 site for Saudi Arabian troll factories. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

What in blue blazes are you talking about?

Move on doesn't "spam". "Spam" is unsolicited. You sign up for these, and you can also opt out of them.

Same for any email newsletter.

They also don't send things every five minutes, or even close.

TMK, MoveOn's texts are designed to drive traffic to their website, not direct appeals for money.

And if you want to receive texts without a notification sound, adjust your notifications settings for that sender on your phone. If your phone doesn't have this capability, get a new phone.

It's not spam if it has been solicited? "Spam" and "solicit" are vaguely synonymous for crying out loud.

Solicit is to ask someone for something. Spam is to ask someone for something over the Internet.

The verb definition of spam in the dictionary is: to "send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet."

That describes what MoveOn is doing with that code like a glove. SPAM!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

I wish Sam's wife would take his laptop away

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's not spam if it has been solicited?

That is correct, yes.

Quote:
"Spam" and "solicit" are vaguely synonymous for crying out loud.

Solicit is to ask someone for something. Spam is to ask someone for something over the Internet.

The verb definition of spam in the dictionary is: to "send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet."

That describes what MoveOn is doing with that code like a glove. SPAM!

No, that does not describe MoveOn's text alerts.

When you first text "Act" or "vote" to 668366 you are signing up for a service that sends you information in text form. You sign up for it, you can also stop the service just as easily as you signed up for it. It's a messaging service, which is not "spam".

This is the Webopedia definition of what spam is. https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/spam.html

I have a couple pieces of unsolicited advice for you: 1- learn how to use the internet beyond Google and this messageboard, and 2- knock off the ridiculous histrionics about technologies you don't understand. Other people understand it. You don't have to like or use MoveOn's texting service.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

You would council me to limit ridiculous histrionics???

I'm agape, what about yourself?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

You would council me to limit ridiculous histrionics???

I'm agape, what about yourself?

Whattabouttery. :problem:

I don't have a problem correcting your errors on this MoveOn bit you're on about.

You're free as ever to either read or skip over any of my posts, including these.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Uh-huh.

I enjoyed the information. Whattabouttery do you know about some of the other uses those codes are being used for?

I gather there is quite a range of codes with varying attributes for the sources to choose from, and others which just broadcast anything sent to a list of blind recipients. A full range of users from politics and business.

BTW, just because I say I don't use something, it doesn't necessarily mean I don't know how to use that something.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Uh-huh.

I enjoyed the information. Whattabouttery do you know about some of the other uses those codes are being used for?

I gather there is quite a range of codes with varying attributes for the sources to choose from, and others which just broadcast anything sent to a list of blind recipients. A full range of users from politics and business.

BTW, just because I say I don't use something, it doesn't necessarily mean I don't know how to use that something.

There is a whole big, bright world beyond this messageboard and Google.

In your posts here, you've confused a Twitter presence with email/newsletter campaigns with fundraising efforts with "spam" with an organization's text messaging service. It's very obvious you don't have the foggiest idea what you're stuck on or even why you're stuck on it, except perhaps to troll.

If you choose to reply, be advised that my posts to you in this thread from here on out are going to be recipes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

I enjoy trading recipes. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Check this out

Saudis’ Image Makers: A Troll Army and a Twitter Insider - NYT

Quote:

Saudi operatives have mobilized to harass critics on Twitter, a wildly popular platform for news in the kingdom since the Arab Spring uprisings began in 2010. Saud al-Qahtani, a top adviser to Crown Prince Mohammed who was fired on Saturday in the fallout from Mr. Khashoggi’s killing, was the strategist behind the operation, according to United States and Saudi officials, as well as activist organizations.

Many Saudis had hoped that Twitter would democratize discourse by giving everyday citizens a voice, but Saudi Arabia has instead become an illustration of how authoritarian governments can manipulate social media to silence or drown out critical voices while spreading their own version of reality.

“In the Gulf, the stakes are so high for those who engage in dissent that the benefits of using social media are outweighed by the negatives, and in Saudi Arabia in particular,” said Marc Owen Jones, a lecturer in the history of the Persian Gulf and Arabian Peninsula at Exeter University in Britain.

Neither Saudi officials nor Mr. Qahtani responded to requests for comment about the kingdom’s efforts to control online conversations.

Before his death, Mr. Khashoggi was launching projects to combat online abuse and to try to reveal that Crown Prince Mohammed was mismanaging the country. In September, Mr. Khashoggi wired $5,000 to Omar Abdulaziz, a Saudi dissident living in Canada, who was creating a volunteer army to combat the government trolls on Twitter. The volunteers called themselves the “Electronic Bees.”

Eleven days before Mr. Khashoggi died in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, he wrote on Twitter that the Bees were coming.

Swarming and Stifling Critics on Twitter
One arm of the crackdown on dissidents originates from offices and homes in and around Riyadh, where hundreds of young men hunt on Twitter for voices and conversations to silence. This is the troll farm, described by three people briefed on the project and the messages among group members.

Its directors routinely discuss ways to combat dissent, settling on sensitive themes like the war in Yemen or women’s rights. They then turn to their well-organized army of “social media specialists” via group chats in apps like WhatsApp and Telegram, sending them lists of people to threaten, insult and intimidate; daily tweet quotas to fill; and pro-government messages to augment.

WhatsApp is Facebook. They're also allegedly being used by the fascist Bolsonaro campaign with .br elections coming up.

Bolsonaro business backers accused of illegal Whatsapp fake news campaign - Guardian

Quote:
But according to allegations in a front-page report by the Folha de São Paulo, one of Brazil’s leading newspapers, Bolsonaro has been getting an illegal helping hand from a group of Brazilian entrepreneurs who are bankrolling a campaign to bombard WhatsApp users with fake news about Haddad.

The newspaper claimed the multimillion-dollar “anti-Workers’ party campaign” was designed to inundate Brazilian voters with untruths and inventions, by simultaneously firing off hundreds of millions of WhatsApp messages.

In some cases overseas numbers were used to get around the platform’s spam controls.

“The practice is illegal since it constitutes undeclared campaign donations by companies, something outlawed by electoral legislation,” the newspaper said.

“My adversary is seeking to benefit from electoral crimes,” Haddad tweeted.

“What we are facing here is an attempt at electoral fraud,” he added, claiming to have information suggesting 156 entrepreneurs were involved in the campaign.

I see board cons would rather talk about some bet you made a year ago, though. :problem: