RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

What resentment? Numbers or otherwise. We have about 63 million "working families" earning under 100k a year. Take that number times $6000 and you get a pretty good estimate.

See this is the problem, anytime a liberal is losing an argument they pull totally unrelated crap out of their hineys. This program would more than likely cost in the neighborhood of 500 billion. The lefts response "so". At least you are honest enough to admit there s no number you would say is to big.

Glen, do you remember how Sanders would promise things which wouldn't come in a dream. With no expatiation of being able to do so, he would say he promised to do so.

I was talking about this before so I thought I would mention this too. Sanders Skunk Repellent is made from that Sanders stuff of promising stuff, stuff kind of like the way snake poison medicine is made from snake poison stuff they "milk" (scare quotes) from snakes.

:)

I'm more from the middle and I like her, how more plainly can I say it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Plus remember it isn't only guns and bullets. It is also all the secondary jobs making those guns and bullets provide. Plus all the steel and support vehicles and yes trucking.

Military spending takes up so much of our budget it is obvious that currently it is the straw that stirs the drink.

Here's the question. Is it the most efficient way for the government to spend its money (bearing in mind my efficiency criterion is not how much it contributes to our actual national defense, but to economic growth)?

What if the answer is no?

https://www.quora.com/Keynesian-economi ... e-stimulus

In many respects, the relationship between military-funded R&D mirrors the relationship between defense spending and non-defense spending in the overall economy. As Applebaum’s report notes (because he believes defense R&D to be the exception to this rule), defense spending is deeply inefficient as an economic stimulus. He quotes the economist Robert “Pollin, who calculates that “$1 billion in spending on health care produced an economic benefit about 14 percent larger than spending on defense. The impact of spending on transportation, education and energy were even larger.”

This is consistent with another such study of federal spending since World War II by Alan Auerbach and Yuriy Gorodnichenko of the University of California, Berkeley, who “found that the economic benefits from nonmilitary spending were at least 50 percent larger than those from defense spending during periods of normal growth.”

[snip][end]

As someone who believes in efficiency, I'd like government to be utilizing its resources more efficiently. :D

BTW, I pretty much share Ike's views on how ridiculously over-bloated we are in terms of protecting our coastlines with carrier groups (and other areas of defense spending). :mrgreen:

Last edited by ProfessorX on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, do you remember how Sanders would promise things which wouldn't come in a dream. With no expatiation of being able to do so, he would say he promised to do so.

I was talking about this before so I thought I would mention this too. Sanders Skunk Repellent is made from that Sanders stuff of promising stuff, stuff kind of like the way snake poison medicine is made from snake poison stuff they "milk" (scare quotes) from snakes.

Yes but she has leftist extremist belief, tho.

They even said so in National Review.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

I believe you are making a valid point. I wonder how many of the low information voters will realize what she is saying in regards to free money is never going to happen.

Of course if she were really serious she would propose and come out with a version of the fair tax.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

I believe you are making a valid point. I wonder how many of the low information voters will realize what she is saying in regards to free money is never going to happen.

Of course if she were really serious she would propose and come out with a version of the fair tax.

She's not saying anything about free munny. Tax credits are not free munnnnny.

One gets the sense this is the best frightened, resentful conservatives have got regarding these supposed "leftist extremist beliefs" of hers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

She's not saying anything about free munny. Tax credits are not free munnnnny.

One gets the sense this is the best frightened, resentful conservatives have got regarding these supposed "leftist extremist beliefs" of hers.

Tax credits are not free money. That's good to know. So it follows that lower tax rates are also not free money and therefore can hardly be considered giveaways. Gveaways are generally free. Thanks for clearing that up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think they will not be affected, they are after all low information voters Glen.

What's a fair tax? Better to complain about the tax plan the Republicans rammed through and say she'll change it. That proposal will probably be doable and as thus real.

Congress writes tax plans anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think they will not be affected, they are after all low information voters Glen.

What's a fair tax? Better to complain about the tax plan the Republicans rammed through and say she'll change it. That proposal will probably be doable and as thus real.

Congress writes tax plans anyway.

My tax professor in college said that taxes are not fair. Never have been, never will be. He has been proven right for over 30 years. Taxes are about raising revenue to fund the government. You hope to get close to "fair" but in the end it is all about raising revenue.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

As glen scours google to come up with a viable example of Kamala Harris' supposedly leftist extremist "beliefs," here's what actual liberal and leftists have had to say about her recently.

The Two Faces of Kamala Harris: Kamala Harris has matched every one of her progressive achievements with conservative ones - Jacobin

Why leftists don't trust Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, and Deval Patrick - The Week

Progressives begin 2020 dissection of Kamala Harris - McClatchy

Not Good Enough, Kamala Harris - (on immigration) Splinter/Univision

Don’t Coddle Liberal Politicians Like Kamala Harris—History Shows They Should Be Pressured: While some media commentators want to shield Democrats from criticism, holding politicians’ feet to the fire is a longtime successful tradition on the U.S. Left - In These Times

Kamala Harris' enviro record under scrutiny as she mulls run - Energy & Environmental News

Kamala Harris Fails to Explain Why She Didn’t Prosecute Steven Mnuchin’s Bank - Intercept

Some extremist leftist beliefs she's turning out to have :problem:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:46 pm 
Policy Wonk

I'm wonder $50K from, because that is nowhere near the truth (big surprise coming from glen)...I'm also wondering what he against tax credits...Cons love tax credits.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tax credits are not free money. That's good to know. So it follows that lower tax rates are also not free money and therefore can hardly be considered giveaways. Gveaways are generally free. Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh you're very welcome. Tax credits aren't giveaways, either.

Now that you're clear on that, do you also agree that Kamala Harris harbors "leftist extremist beliefs" that destroy the country?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

glen thinks Rocky and Bullwinkle are Commies.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

she is saying in regards to free money

What "Free Money" are you talking about. You don't talk about "Free Money" when comes 45 giving tax cuts to the richest One Percent.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh you're very welcome. Tax credits aren't giveaways, either.

Now that you're clear on that, do you also agree that Kamala Harris harbors "leftist extremist beliefs" that destroy the country?

To be honest, I don't spend much time following the junior senator from California. I have no opinions on her either way. She does not represent my state. I suppose your question should be directed towards her constituents.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm wonder $50K from, because that is nowhere near the truth (big surprise coming from glen)...I'm also wondering what he against tax credits...Cons love tax credits.

Same place he got that $300billion $500billion figure for so-called free college.

Yet, the Party of Incels is famously silent on government spending for taxpayer-funded concentration camps of migrant children.

When it comes to manufacturing killing machines and destroying families, these prolife profamily conservative whites will spare no expense. :problem:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

Sanders Skunk Repellent

I wish could get some, a few Dems in Marin are still under the thrawl of Bernie.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

To be honest, I don't spend much time following the junior senator from California. I have no opinions on her either way. She does not represent my state. I suppose your question should be directed towards her constituents.

The question is a dumb conservative canard dreamed up by yet another dupe of conservative propaganda. I am her constituent.

Lol why in the world would you think I would ever ask myself a question out of a dumb conservative canard dreamed up by a dupe of conservative propaganda?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, Vox, in its analysis above, says her plan will 'cost' - i.e. lower revenue - for the gov't by about $200 billion, which is roughly the same 'price tag' as the 2017 Trump tax cuts. IOW, reversing those, would pay for it.

I suggest some folks actually read it. :D

BTW2, all I can say is to decide whether or not a tax is "fair" depends on your definition of fairness. My definition of fairness in taxation is progressivity, which a flat tax would fail, therefore I wouldn't call it "fair". It would be fairer than a national sales tax, though, which would be even more regressive.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

The question is a dumb conservative canard dreamed up by yet another dupe of conservative propaganda. I am her constituent.

Lol why in the world would you think I would ever ask myself a question out of a dumb conservative canard dreamed up by a dupe of conservative propaganda?

What or why do you care what I think of her? Besides, I have no idea where you live nor do I care. Speaking of stupid. What does it matter what I think of her, I'm a conservative in Tennessee. You are her constituent. If you like her then keep voting for her.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

What or why do you care what I think of her? Besides, I have no idea where you live nor do I care. Speaking of stupid. What does it matter what I think of her, I'm a conservative in Tennessee. You are her constituent. If you like her then keep voting for her.

I'm her constituent, yet you told me that this dumb right-wing fantasy about her supposed leftist extremist beliefs is a question for her constituents. You don't have anything to be so indignant about.

It's true that I don't expect a conservative from Tennessee to have much awareness of anything in the world you live in, since conservatives in every state are well known for devaluing education, beginning with self-education.

But you personally might want to read the title of the thread you chose to post in, which -- wait for it... here it comes -- references Kamala Harris, and asks the confederates around here to weigh in on whether you'd prefer Putin or Harris.

At least *some* basic knowledge about the person might benefit and enhance the quality of your participation in the thread. But whether you opt to learn something new is totally up to you. My hopes for you taking personal responsibility for educating yourself with even a modicum of knowledge are admittedly very low, but anything is possible.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm her constituent yet, you told me that this dumb right-wing fantasy about her supposed leftist extremist beliefs is a question for her constituents. You don't have anything to be so indignant about.

I don't expect a conservative from Tennessee to have much awareness of anything in the world you live in, since conservatives in every state are well known for devaluing education, beginning with self-education.

But you personally might want to read the title of the thread you chose to post in, which -- wait for it... Here it comes -- references Kamala Harris, snd asks the confederates around here to weigh in on whether you'd prefer Putin or Harris.

At least *some* basic knowledge about the person might benefit and enhance the quality of your participation in the thread. But whether you opt to learn something new is totally up to you. My hopes for you taking personal responsibility for educating yourself with even a modicum of knowledge are admittedly very low, but anything is possible.

The title of this thread is stupid and pretty much everyone knows it. Except maybe you and Lib. I never said anything about her belief system, I told you to ask people who know her best. Speaking of education. Learn to read.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

The title of this thread is stupid and pretty much everyone knows it.

And yet, oh wow here YOU are, participating with us hoi pollloi in a thread EVERYBODY KNOWS has a stupid title.

:problem:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

And yet, oh wow here YOU are, participating with us hoi pollloi in a thread EVERYBODY KNOWS has a stupid title.

:problem:

You make a good point. I have better things to do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:46 pm 
Policy Wonk

“Some men see things as they are and say, why; I dream things that never were and say, why not.”

To understand the full context of Robert's quote.....Go here...
https://www.bartleby.com/73/465.html

What dreams may come true.

i guess my question, Sam, Who will follow Bernie? (who will take his place) We can write him of as a....what'd ya call him..A devil something? But yet, there will be a next. Count on it.

He may not be a Cincinnatus. But, here's to holding out hope.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

“Some men see things as they are and say, why; I dream things that never were and say, why not.”

To understand the full context of Robert's quote.....Go here...
https://www.bartleby.com/73/465.html

What dreams may come true.

i guess my question, Sam, Who will follow Bernie? (who will take his place) We can write him of as a....what'd ya call him..A devil something? But yet, there will be a next. Count on it.

He may not be a Cincinnatus. But, here's to holding out hope.

The link you gave attributed the quote to George Bernard Shaw, it's from a play, THE Serpent was speaking to Eve. He was convincing Eve that getting Adam to eat from the tree of life was a good idea.

Personally I think it was good idea. It's what made us people, before that we were animals. Because of that we can become God like.

A least that's what I would have thought if I had been there, and because of that believed it happened. :)

Isn't Cincinnatus that Roman manly man?

Bernie... No he's not a Cincinnatus.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next