Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

tick tick tick

am I not allowed to say motherfuckers anymore?

then tick tick tick you no good fucking TRAITORS

what the fuck you talkin about. :roll:
and this:
"Unbelievable, done."

ok, bye seeya dont let the door hit yer ass. maybe now we'll be clear of your nonstop posting of totally
inane bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

No your wrong, but you are so dedicated to your own narrative that you refuse to listen. And you did accuse me playing into the hands of GOP. You can dance it around, but for all your "I would never criticize another Democrat" that is exactly what you did. You have full scale balls to wall shit fit Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (She is not the kind of Democrat We Need....so much your Vote Democrat Regadless) who was later endorsed by former President Obama. News Flash Lib, when said Ms. Ocasio-Cortez is not the kind of Democrat we need, you were being critical of a Democrat.

The Corporate Democrats are real, just look at the DLC.

Angry Mobs happen, some are Conservative, Some are Progressive and most are based on Anarchy (the Demonstration at U.C. Berkeley against Milo Yiannopoulos as an example, or are you going to say that did not happen?).

As far as I am concerned I deplore the Violence on the Left and on the Right. Denying it happens does not change fact that it does happen and must addressed.

You have a marked propensity for making rather outrageous statements lib. You need walk back your criticism. I do not deny the truth, but you a pair of rose-tinted glasses you need to take off.

So easy for you to tell people they're wrong. I've been told that myself quite a few times by you...I'm sure you remember the subject matter. If libby is wrong about things it's no more often than you, or anybody else is wrong about things. It's all opinions anyway.

As for Ms. Ocasio-Cortez...reckon why she would keep insisting she grew up in a working class family.

As far as those who dont appear all that motivated to get out and vote because the didnt get the democratic candidates they demand...so millennials, get off your dead asses and participate in the political system. If you can't find a good enough guy for you, the just get the fuck to the polling place and vote against the bad guy, or die on a hostile planet.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, this made my local news.

Mob of Protesters Harasses Nancy Pelosi in Florida: ‘You Don’t Belong Here You F**king Communist!’
https://www.mediaite.com/online/mob-of- ... communist/

'F***ing communist!: Angry mob follows Nancy Pelosi and bangs on walls at Miami event 'in revenge' for public demonstrations against high profile Republicans in D.C. restaurants
Furious protesters fired expletives and demanded Nancy Pelosi get out of Miami
The mob swarmed the House minority leader Wednesday outside a campaign event
The anti-communists banged on the door of the building during her meeting
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... event.html

(this detail is elsewhere)
The protest was organized by Nelson Diaz, the chairman of the Republican Party in Miami-Dade County, the Post reported. Some protesters reportedly wore signs of Proud Boys, a notorious right-wing group that is often accused of participating in violent scuffles with their opposition.

Is she a communist? I thought she was a corporate Dem. I'm so confused. :? :roll:

So, this is being "justified" by the fact that protesters confronted some administration officials in restaurants.

Ah, I get it. Confronting administration officials for their actions is exactly the same as harassing people for no reason other than bullshit accusations. I love false equivalency!

civility

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:13 am 
Board Emeritus

what the fuck you talkin about. :roll:
and this:
"Unbelievable, done."

ok, bye seeya dont let the door hit yer ass. maybe now we'll be clear of your nonstop posting of totally
inane bullshit.

I have never ONCE addressed you, criticized you, not once, not ever.

If you cant afford the same courtesy to me, please say nothing to me. I dont understand anyone claiming to be a liberal attacking another liberal.

This isnt the first time you have attacked me for no reason.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Civility means you call the cops on Proud Boys, rather than engaging them with less-lethal rounds.

They're the Republican brownshirts.

Discourse on a BBS is not like facing fascists down in the street.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Civility means you call the cops on Proud Boys, rather than engaging them with less-lethal rounds.

They're the Republican brownshirts.

Discourse on a BBS is not like facing fascists down in the street.

Actually, and again your motives are great, they are, but not anymore are we to make this distinction you want to make. 5 years ago maybe, although for me I would have said no then as well.

EVERY person who does not loudly denounce what is going on is ASSISTING in it. Now think about what IT is, prison camps for Brown children. Full on war on the environment. Full on war on all minorities, actual physical attack on other Americans where the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES tells his base to ATTACK democrats and reporters.

I could go on, but the point is NONE of them get civility anymore. From me.

Now for instance Carmen, who has reasons to be angrier than I am, more filled with rage than I am, DOES treat these board cons with FAR MORE respect than they deserve, because she is better than they are, in every respect. Better than me, that is for sure, I cant imagine my rage if I wasnt a white, str8t male. And my rage as a white str8t male is bad enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have never ONCE addressed you, criticized you, not once, not ever.

If you cant afford the same courtesy to me, please say nothing to me. I dont understand anyone claiming to be a liberal attacking another liberal.

This isnt the first time you have attacked me for no reason.

this isnt the first time youve been helter skelter posting neurotic post one after another.
people get sick of it.
apparently you dont. theres always DU.

posters generally disappear when you behave in such public neurotic fashion.
it doesnt come across well in case you dont know that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

this isnt the first time youve been helter skelter posting neurotic post one after another.
people get sick of it.
apparently you dont. theres always DU.

it doesnt come across well in case you dont know that.

Like I said, I have never once addressed you or criticized you. Not once, no matter whether I wanted to or not.

Dont speak for many of the posters here who read my posts and not only want me to post here but asked me to come back when I left, speak for Your-self.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

I typically enjoy your style and content...once I've made sure I'm clear on it. If other members don't mind you speaking for them...that would be their choice. But you really should not presume to speak for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

I typically enjoy your style and content...once I've made sure I'm clear on it. If other members don't mind you speaking for them...that would be their choice. But you really should not presume to speak for me.

Thanks Ike, I never got it, myself.

I know it pisses people off if I remind them that anti HRC comments regardless of who they came from is WHY we have rump, so I get it if people get mad at me for reminding them they are responsible in part for this. I dont know enough about rw here to know why he or she attacks me, dont really care but this time I had to respond.

Enough is enough.

I am a simple person...I am a liberal, I donate money and time and work for the cause. I never lie (doesnt mean I am not wrong sometimes, sure am like when I criticized AOC) and I can usually be counted on to help if you need it.

And I know by speaking up you are NOT saying you agree with me or condone what I do here, I realize that is up to you and each person here. What I will NEVER stop doing is calling ALL republicans the names they deserve and warning people how bad things can get if they dont STOP attacking Democrats.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

maybe i didnt mean you, Ike.
i wrote posters i didnt write ike.

if someone here is named Poster maybe they stop posting too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

lib getting upset because lib posts like he's doing acid in a manic phase.

the helter skelter behavior reminds one of how it reigns supreme in gop land.
use your head.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

And another unwarranted attack on me while I have said nothing critical other than asking you NOT to attack me.

I suppose I need to go back to completely ignoring you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

this is an odd title for a thread where all the guys beat up on one another and then anyone who
comes near it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

but hey keep fighting like a mob. gotta run.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

maybe i didnt mean you, Ike.
i wrote posters i didnt write ike.

if someone here is named Poster maybe they stop posting too.

Maybe you don't want to generalize about the whole fucking forum if you don't like this heat from me. It's typically going to cause you a lot less grief if you figure out a way to just fucking speak for yourself rain.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, if I can offer some constructive criticism, perhaps the best way to get certain people to change their posting behavior is some constructive criticism.

Wow. That was meta, and avoided mentioning anyone in particular. Now to hop back in the TARDIS. :D

BTW, there are times when I wish I wasn't what some people call a white guy (I think I look more pink than white, I don't believe in the fantasy construct of a white race, and I'm one of those nerd guys whose masculinity often gets challenged by jock guys), but I was born that way, and can't change it. So I've learned to live with it. :D

White guys like Trump embarrass me for sharing gender and phenotype. They really make me wish I wasn't.

Of course, I ain't Christian, rich, or a WASP, so there's that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, if I can offer some constructive criticism, perhaps the best way to get certain people to change their posting behavior is some constructive criticism.

Wow. That was meta, and avoided mentioning anyone in particular. Now to hop back in the TARDIS. :D

BTW, there are times when I wish I wasn't what some people call a white guy (I think I look more pink than white, I don't believe in the fantasy construct of a white race, and I'm one of those nerd guys whose masculinity often gets challenged by jock guys), but I was born that way, and can't change it. So I've learned to live with it. :D

White guys like Trump embarrass me for sharing gender and phenotype. They really make me wish I wasn't.

I mentioned the Warriors on a sports thread and a con came on to talk about the Rockets. Had the comment come from a liberal I would have engaged. I almost did without thinking because sports are fun for me having played them and referred high school basketball.

But I wont talk to them, not even on politics, I almost never address them. They lost that right a long time ago. But my point I think is I would like to go back to the way things were in the old days

BUT WAIT

the old days were Black people at the back of the bus while us white guys discussed our sports...nope, dont want that either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Left handed, bowlegged Irishman, adopted in infancy by Jews. ADHD, under-achieveing, distractible, disappointment to the parental units. Until I was in my early 30's, I had no notion of the complicated familial dysfunction that surrounded my beginning, but always knew the stress was all my fault. The Marine Corps actually helped. Except for the delusions of invincibility.

And people wonder why I'm a crab-ass.