RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

So much hostility sam, you do not Strong Black Women do you.

Carmen is more than a match for you.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

She shares a lot of valuable information with this board.

I wish some people would stop making bogus accusations against her. She does not hate white people. Not even straight people. Or cis people. Or male people. Or Republican people.

They should pay attention to what she is actually saying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

She shares a lot of valuable information with this board.

I wish some people would stop making bogus accusations against her. She does not hate white people. Not even straight people. Or cis people. Or male people. Or Republican people.

They should pay attention to what she is actually saying.

Who, CJ?

:rw)

Ya know what is funny, and you and I know this better than anyone here. CJ has great reasons to hate wypipo or republican people or whatever. She will even argue with me for saying THAT :rw) but the two people I have learned LOVE from over the past 10 years on the internet, and this is no bullshit, are you and her.

Both of you continue to shock me by NOT hating the people who hate you, but the way you two handle it, well you are better people than I am when it comes to this, clearly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Apple, Amazon, Facebook and more than 50 other companies sign letter against Trump administration's proposed gender definition changes - CNBC

Quote:
More than 50 companies representing over $2.4 trillion in annual revenue took a stand Thursday for legal protections for transgender people following a report that the Trump administration is considering limiting the definition of gender to birth anatomy.

Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google are among the companies spanning tech, consumer products and financial services that signed a statement supporting the protections.

The move is a response to an Oct. 21 New York Times report that the Trump administration is considering limiting the definition of gender to birth genitalia.

"Sex means a person's status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth," the Department of Health and Human Services proposed in a memo obtained by the Times.

If legislation were to move forward, it would jeopardize legal protections for an estimated 1.4 million Americans who identify as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth, the Times said.

The statement from the companies, which have nearly 4.8 million employees, said "diversity and inclusion are good for business."

I do wish the press would stop talking about this in terms of "protections". What's being floated is the recission of citizenship rights for minorities.

It's not just the HHS, it's the DoD, the DoE, and various state entities.

And it's not just trans persons, either. The current drive to excise a clause in a Constitutional amendment by fiat is also a part of this attack on citizenship rights for minorities, as is voter-suppression around the country, as well as police brutality.

And dumb conservative whites calling the cops on us for stupid sh#t on a weekly basis, now. :problem:

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:59 am 
Board Emeritus

A Timeline of Every Step in Trump's Plan to Eliminate Transgender Rights - Vice

Quote:
While there are social institutions in which trans people still desperately require laws protecting against discrimination, such as housing, existent constitutional laws that protect people on the basis of sex also protect transgender individuals on the basis of sex. We don’t need constitutional amendments to protect trans people from discrimination in school or at work—we already have it. Republicans simply wish to reinterpret these existing protections in a way that would exclude trans people. This seems particularly odd, since, as I said earlier, we’re such a small minority. Although there are so few of us relatively, transgender politics are an easy target for the right to label extreme, making us a useful battering ram to rally “normal” Americans behind—to the right, transgender people are more a symbol of unsettling change than they are people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:21 am 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Hungary‘s far-right prime minister has banned gender studies programmes at universities – with his deputy arguing the area of study is an ideology rather than a science

Huh. Well, actual scientists, and not politicians and propagandists, disagree with Msr. Orban (and Trump).

1,600 scientists sign letter opposing Trump’s plan to narrow gender definition
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ine-gender

More than 1,600 scientists signed a letter denouncing President Trump administration’s plan to narrow the definition of gender to be strictly biological, according to Buzzfeed.

The letter was written in response to a memo reportedly drafted by the Department of Health and Human Services, according to the New York Times.

The memo states that any disputes about a person’s sex would be clarified using genetic testing, which scientists who signed the letter called unscientific and unethical.

“This proposal is fundamentally inconsistent not only with science, but also with ethical practices, human rights, and basic dignity,” the scientists wrote.

Among the signatories are eight Nobel laureates.

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Georgia lawmaker kicks trans people out of Pence-Kemp rally - Project Q

Quote:
Transgender organizer Rainé Eliza posted video of the encounter on Facebook (see below). They told Project Q Atlanta that the trouble started soon after they and three friends passed through security and into the convention hall.

“Immediately, Buddy Carter saw us and alerted one of his staff members,” Eliza said.

Carter represents the 1st Congressional District in Savannah. He supports the anti-LGBTQ First Amendment Defense Act and he is against transgender people serving in the military.

“Obviously his politics don’t represent anything that protects or centers people like me, black folks or poor people or anyone,” Eliza said.

Eliza said Carter recognized them from a “GOP Victory BBQ” on Tuesday in Richmond Hill. At that event, Eliza and several others held signs saying “Hell is a place on Earth” and “Hot garbage BBQ” while Carter spoke.

At the Pence rally, Carter greeted Eliza and the others, saying, “Good to see y’all again. Enjoyed having y’all the other night. Did you enjoy the barbecue?”

Eliza asked him, “What do you think about trans people?”

Carter said he had no comment and walked away. Then a state trooper approached Eliza and the others and asked them to leave.

“You guys were disrupting an event the other day and the staff here, they want you gone or you’re going to be arrested for trespassing,” the trooper said, according to the video.

Eliza and the others initially refused, but then agreed to leave, yelling “You cannot erase trans people” as they walked out. A man in a “Gays for Trump” t-shirt walked by them and said, “I’d love to though.”

Conservatives have become a lynchmob.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't doubt for a moment Buddy Carter saw them and sicked his thugs on them and his thugs threw them out. :( Sad!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

As you know, not "become", always were they just now have an ADMITTED white nationalist in the WH. And nobody even talks about it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

I suppose at this point that at no time did the Man born of Woman Jesus (a Bastard Child btw) never said one word about Homosexuality. Now he hated divorce and the treatment of divorced Women.

And I thought the Mystical Magical Non-Existent Sky Man had great disapproval his creations judging one another.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

As you know, not "become", always were they just now have an ADMITTED white nationalist in the WH. And nobody even talks about it.

Yes "become" is trying to be nice. It's about as nice as it gets, right now.

Oh, and the white nationalists talk about it, the ones that are honest about what they are, anyway...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Erasure efforts continue.

Trump asks Supreme Court to fast-track ruling on transgender military ban
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 095213002/

WASHINGTON - The Trump administration asked the Supreme Court on Friday to issue an unusually quick ruling on the Pentagon’s policy of restricting military service by transgender people. It’s the fourth time in recent months the administration has sought to bypass lower courts that have blocked some of its more controversial proposals and push the high court, with a conservative majority, to weigh in quickly on a divisive issue.

Earlier this month, the administration asked the high court to fast-track cases on the president’s decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which shields young immigrants from deportation. Administration officials also recently asked the high court to intervene to stop a trial in a climate change lawsuit and in a lawsuit over the administration’s decision to add a question on citizenship to the 2020 census.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, a frequent target of criticism by President Donald Trump, is involved in three of the cases. Trump’s recent salvo against the “Obama judge” who ruled against his asylum policy — not one of the issues currently before the Supreme Court — prompted Chief Justice John Roberts to fire back at the president for the first time for feeding perceptions of a biased judiciary.

[snip]

In a statement, Peter Renn, an attorney for Lambda Legal, which brought one of the challenges to the transgender military policy, called the Trump administration’s action Friday a “highly unusual step” that is “wildly premature and inappropriate.”

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

v
But JOE needs to WAIT AND SEe

:evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Erasure efforts continue.

Trump asks Supreme Court to fast-track ruling on transgender military ban
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 095213002/

How is this even legal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

How is this even legal

My head is spinning with all the overt violent attacks on Americans by putin and rump. I dont know what is legal, i do know that neither does rump or anyone who works for him and they dont care if something is legal or not.

Rump has spent an entire life breaking all laws, never paying a penalty...I cant live in a place where that continues much longer, and I aint moving.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

My head is spinning with all the overt violent attacks on Americans by putin and rump. I dont know what is legal, i do know that neither does rump or anyone who works for him and they dont care if something is legal or not.

Rump has spent an entire life breaking all laws, never paying a penalty...I cant live in a place where that continues much longer, and I aint moving.

It has the same effect on me. And I'm not moving either.

I figured out that I live in California. Beems over the Republic of California. It will become Bear Flag time if those east coastal skuzzers keep it up. :|

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Some of us have talked about Roxsana Hernandez Rodriguez, a trans woman from Honduras who died in ICE custody with the apparent intent to seek asylum here. The past two days have seen a lot of activism around what happened to her. This post should probably have a trigger warning, and I don't even believe in trigger warnings. What happened to her is monstrous, and thanks to the usual conservative subjects and their cult-blind constituencies, we're all bankrolling it with our taxes. :problem:

As if there was not enough going on for queer and trans migrants (an LGBTQ contingent that broke off from the main "caravan" for self-protection was the first to reach border areas), our government is gassing their little kids. Then the news hits revealing more about what happened to Roxsana. Libertas, ap215, and I have covered this previously.

Transgender immigrant who died in ICE custody was beaten and deprived of medical attention, family says - CNN

Transgender asylum seeker was beaten before her death, according to new autopsy - WP

Independent Autopsy of Transgender Asylum Seeker Who Died in ICE Custody Shows Signs of Abuse - NYT

Even a headline from Fox News acknowledges that her death was "entirely preventable." :(

The Transgender Law Center has announced that they are filing a personal injury and wrongful death suit against New Mexico, where Ms. Hernandez was being detained. Here is part of a press conference with the Deputy Director.

https://twitter.com/acbowen/status/1067223925308841984

Andrew Bowen
@acbowen
At a press conference this morning,
@TransLawCenter

Deputy Director Isa Noyola read from a translated statement written by Hernandez's sisters, who say Roxsana had a dream of opening a beauty salon.

[VIDEO]

Follow the #Justice4Roxsana hashtag on Twitter for the latest. https://twitter.com/hashtag/Justice4Rox ... htag_click

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

damn bigots

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

following this, is this it?

https://twitter.com/TUSK81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

following this, is this it?

https://twitter.com/TUSK81

Yeah that's a good one too, Gabe Ortiz, who put the story out on Kos. Here is a better link to the hashtag I was talking about, hopefully: #Justice4Roxsana

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:16 am 
Board Emeritus

ICE Is Refusing to Release A Legally Mandated Review of Roxsana Hernandez’s Death - Intomore

No doubt.

Quote:
ICE is refusing to release a legally-required report on the death of transgender asylum seeker Roxsana Hernandez after a bombshell autopsy suggested she was likely beaten in custody.

Per Congress, the agency must publish a report within 30 days of an in-custody death. As of Wednesday, it has been 187 days since Hernandez died after reportedly suffering complications of pneumonia.

ICE still has not released a report.

Instead, the agency erroneously claimed to INTO that its press release announcing her death constitutes its report.

“Accountability dies in the darkness that they’re creating,” said Lynly Egyes, litigation director at the Transgender Law Center (TLC), which is filing a wrongful death suit in Hernandez’s case. “They’re claiming that they have this review or that she wasn’t abused in custody, but aren’t submitting the information to those who are requesting it.”

On Monday, The Daily Beast broke the news that Hernandez was likely severely abused in custody, according to an autopsy commissioned by TLC and immigration attorney R. Andrew Free.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:33 am 
Board Emeritus

1. Sick Fucks.

2. Sick Fucks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Not a stunt, not a novelty.

Regarding USMCA and more importantly the DoJ's interpretation of Title VII of the CRA64:

Trump buried a wildly anti-LGBTQ provision in the new North American trade deal - TP

Quote:
The Trump administration seems to have edited out LGBTQ protections in the new North American trade agreement with Canada and Mexico (known as the USMCA). The change, an apparent gesture to a group of the most anti-LGBTQ members of Congress, ensures the administration’s own anti-LGBTQ efforts can continue without undermining the agreement.

Originally, the drafted trade agreement called on all three countries to establish “policies that protect workers against employment discrimination on the basis of sex, including with regard to pregnancy, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity.”

In the final version, however, a new footnote was added that significantly undermines the United States’ obligation to uphold these protections. It states:

The United States’ existing federal agency policies regarding the hiring of federal workers are sufficient to fulfill the obligations set forth in this Article. The Article thus requires no additional action on the part of the United States, including any amendments to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, in order for the United States to be in compliance with the obligations set forth in this Article.

This is a reference to a pair of Executive Orders President Obama implemented protecting both federal employees and the employees of federal contractors from discrimination on the basis of their sexual orientation and gender identity. All of the country’s other LGBTQ workers enjoy no enumerated protection under the law, though many courts have agreed that Title VII’s protections on the basis of “sex” also protect LGBTQ people.

The footnote basically ensures that the United States is not held responsible to protect LGBTQ workers to the same degree as Canada and Mexico.

This caveat ensuring the United States doesn’t have to amend Title VII to be in compliance bears a strong resemblance to the administration’s transgender erasure memo as well as its alleged attempts to erase “gender” language from United Nations documents. “Sex,” the administration has consistently insisted, refers only to “biological sex” and extends no protection to transgender people and the discrimination they experience because of their gender identity. Last year, for example, then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions reversed the Department of Justice’s policy of advocating for transgender workers as being protected under Title VII, which protects against discrimination on the basis of “sex.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:32 am 
Board Emeritus

So: Mr. "for the working people" actually made USMCA/NAFTA 2.0 worse for (LGBTQ) working people in the U.S.

Ensured our labor protections would not have to rise to the level of Mexico's. :roll:

Color me ... totally unshocked.

It's who he is, been saying that since the campaign trail. A wrecking ball.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

MOST republicans are republicans primarily to distribute rage, hate and violence on non white xtians str8ts. I have to say most from now on, Mueller is still a republican

and oh boy, is he something or what :rw)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next