RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

So: Mr. "for the working people" actually made USMCA/NAFTA 2.0 worse for (LGBTQ) working people in the U.S.

Ensured our labor protections would not have to rise to the level of Mexico's. :roll:

Color me ... totally unshocked.

It's who he is, been saying that since the campaign trail. A wrecking ball.

That's about the most apt thing that can be said about him, "he's a wreaking ball."

If he were on a ship they could say about him, "don't hand him a cannon ball, he'd either break it or drop it overboard."

If he were on a ship he sure would suffer. He's not got the build, a reasonable strength to mass ratio for the weight he carries for keeping his balance on a pitching deck.

I see quite a storm looming up in his future. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

AIDS research now ended by rump. Or will be.

That is the newest from the traitor.

Does he want to kill millions of Gay people, well his base does so yes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

AIDS research now ended by rump. Or will be.

That is the newest from the traitor.

Does he want to kill millions of Gay people, well his base does so yes.

So did Saint Ronald and HW.

It's why they're so deeply cherished by cons and other social perverts.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

So did Saint Ronald and HW.

It's why they're so deeply cherished by cons and other social perverts.

We keep framing the issue accurately, exposing ALL cons to be vicious violent assholes, and nothing changes. NO, it is NOT because WE have to figure out how to TALK to them, if anything we need to go in the opposite direction and refuse to acknowledge their mere existence.

Remember peak-a-boo and his love for LAKOFF and his framing arguments? It was Lakoff I think, he has recently shot his mouth off again about how cons know how to say stuff and we dont, FUCKOFF LAKOFF!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think Prof. Lakoff's main point has always been - btw, I have assigned his texts in the past, in interests of full disclosure - don't let conservatives frame the argument.

IOW, if they call the estate tax, "death tax," make clear to people:
a) nobody in the U.S. is taxed for dying; that is a load of crap. No, their heirs, i.e. Paris Hilton, have to pay the tax on their inheritance.
b) 95% of Americans will not have an estate large enough for their heirs to pay
c) people using that term are full of shit.

I always like to make those points clear. BTW, maybe it's more telling than showing, but I don't give a rat's ass. :D

The Doctor (Who) sometimes has to tell people advice they don't want to hear and it saves their life. It's why she's the Doctor.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think Prof. Lakoff's main point has always been - btw, I have assigned his texts in the past, in interests of full disclosure - don't let conservatives frame the argument.

IOW, if they call the estate tax, "death tax," make clear to people:
a) nobody in the U.S. is taxed for dying; that is a load of crap. No, their heirs, i.e. Paris Hilton, have to pay the tax on their inheritance.
b) 95% of Americans will not have an estate large enough for their heirs to pay
c) people using that term are full of shit.

I always like to make those points clear. BTW, maybe it's more telling than showing, but I don't give a rat's ass. :D

The Doctor (Who) sometimes has to tell people advice they don't want to hear and it saves their life. It's why she's the Doctor.

Lakoff this time is lecturing dems about how the cons know how to frame stuff and we dont. Bullshit, cons know how to LIE and we dont.

Fuck lakoff. He is giving their lies credibility by implying it is "framing." Does that make sense prof?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, I think his point is this. If you know how to use frames, you can frame something deceptively.

Watch this:
Black lady walks into a welfare center for the federal gov't. (Event).

Frame A: single mother, unable to find work, goes to get assistance for her and her children so they can manage for the next month.
Frame B: "Cadillac Welfare Queen," another leech off the gov't, goes to siphon off your hard working tax dollars

Conservatives are good at using deceptively edited frames ... I think that's his point.

Now, my personal point, I wouldn't try and get as good at deceptively framing things, just get better at putting them in their correct frame. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, I think his point is this. If you know how to use frames, you can frame something deceptively.

Watch this:
Black lady walks into a welfare center for the federal gov't. (Event).

Frame A: single mother, unable to find work, goes to get assistance for her and her children so they can manage for the next month.
Frame B: "Cadillac Welfare Queen," another leech off the gov't, goes to siphon off your hard working tax dollars

Conservatives are good at using deceptively edited frames ... I think that's his point.

Now, my personal point, I wouldn't try and get as good at deceptively framing things, just get better at putting them in their correct frame. :D

I understand framing. I just think the concept itself gives credence to "two sides" are doing something or could do something.

The right lies, about everything. they occasionally use clever "framing" to trick people but they always lie.

By Lakoff creating this discussion, he creates the implication that the right is doing something "other" than lying and deceiving by calling it framing.

He is doing it AGAIN, now. He may have no intention of creating an excuse for their lying, but ultimately in my mind that is what he does.

Do you remember peak? He constantly used Lakoff as an example of why what the GOP did was really no different than what the left did. None of us 3, you, myself or Lakoff are arguing about his observation, but how making it is used to justify their actions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

How can I forget someone so annoying?

He's gone. It's a relief, kind of like noticing your leprosy has vanished.

BTW, I also remember Ajax Minoan. It used to really make him furious when I posted stuff about the pagan basis of Christmas.

It just encouraged me to do it more. Stupid melon head.

Ah, bygone days, trolls off into the ether. :mrgreen:

Speaking of trolls, has anybody seen Scout(ster) lately? (If the answer is no, it makes me very happy. :D )

He was the only guy on the board to be openly pro-Trump. And by that, I mean, reminding you about it every 5 seconds, or so. JUST to be irritating and annoying.

Scout: have I pointed out for the 800th time I still support Trump? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Scout, no.

Was Ajax that tall guy who came to the meet up, or was that someone else?\

Who am I thinking of...?

Wasnt ajax, he had a mystical type name, about 15-20 years younger than me, tall...also did writing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Last time I saw Peak it was the early part of the primary, might have even been 2015. He was trying to convince some conservative who since have become died in the wool Trumpery that Trump was bad news, a conman.

I was trying to explain to them the same thing.

:|

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Scout, no.

Scout I think bailed this board some time last year. You can search for his posts. Hint: don't recommend it.

I mean, literally, he only posted about 2 things. His boring life, like how often he took a dump, and that shockingly, he was still supporting Trump. :roll:

Like anybody cared about either.

Quote:

AjaxMinoan was the guy on RRMB who used the cat with melon on its head for a long time as his avatar.

He also constantly claimed that liberals were anti-Christian and in particular picking on him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

Scout, no.

Who am I thinking of...?

Wasnt ajax, he had a mystical type name, about 15-20 years younger than me, tall...also did writing

AdamQuestar? He was tall, and red-haired. Ajax was really young, and heavy set (he posted his own photo).

The guy I miss is Stinemetz...our board poet. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

AdamQuestar? He was tall, and red-haired. Ajax was really young, and heavy set (he posted his own photo).

The guy I miss is Stinemetz...our board poet. :)

Yes, him. thanks. I liked him. Forgot his name, Adam. Wasnt Adam.

Stinemetz I think has been on recent RR chat....I think.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not that anyone didn't already know this, but...

Anti-LGBTQ Activist Admits Bathroom Predator Myth Was 'Concocted' As Cover for Transphobic Hate - IntoMore

Quote:
A controversial TV commercial this fall featured a teenage girl, undressing in a ladies locker room, while a hooded cisgender man leers at her from within a stall. As she unbuttons her top, the creepy guy reveals himself, and the message of this horrifying ad becomes clear: allowing trans people to use bathrooms matching their gender identity gives male sexual predators permission to prey upon women and children.

As it turns out, transphobic messaging like this — which links access to public bathrooms and locker rooms to the threat posed by sexual offenders — was “concocted,” according to a Massachusetts-based “pro-family activism” organization Mass Resistance. Its president, Brian Camenker, is believed to be the author of the group’s November 9th “Election Analysis” post, in which the organization (which is designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center) admitted its scary campaign to repeal a statewide Massachusetts nondiscrimination law was a lie.

“Our side concocted the ‘bathroom safety’ male predator argument as a way to avoid an uncomfortable battle over LGBT ideology, and still fire up people’s emotions. It worked in Houston a few years ago,” reads the post.

“But the LGBT lobby has now figured out how to beat it,” the Mass Resistance post continues. “Their lopsided victory in Massachusetts will likely be repeated everywhere else unless the establishment pro-family groups (and their wealthy donors) are willing to change their tactics.”

The blatant confession was also published on the conservative and anti-LGBTQ platform LifeSite on November 20th.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

"Mass Resistance," by the way, is I believe a reference to Massive Resistance, the anti-Brown vs Board of Education public policy enacted by conservative whites in Virginia (with other conservative whites in support.)

What came next were the segregation academies attended by dirty bigots like Cindy Hyde-Smith.

Massive Resistance - Virginia Museum of History and Culture

Brown v. Board of Education: Virginia Responds - Library of Virginia

More about these dumb bigots

California chapter of anti-LGBT hate group MassResistance gets a white nationalist member - SPLC

Imagine my shock. :problem:

Quote:

The California chapter of anti-LGBT hate group MassResistance was formed in May 2016 by longtime anti-immigrant and nativist activist Arthur Schaper. Now it’s added a white nationalist to its ranks.

MassResistance, the anti-LGBT hate group based in Massachusetts whose president, Brian Camenker, continually links homosexuality to pedophilia, violence and disease and links trans women to sexual predators, has been expanding its chapter base in recent years.

One of the most active chapters has been in California, run by perpetual right-wing activist Arthur Schaper, a columnist for TownHall.com and freelance writer based in Torrance, California. He splits his time between cheerleading for President Trump, protesting against immigrant protections and opposing LGBT people.

In July, Schaper led his MassResistance chapter to a Dixon, California, city council meeting to show support for the city’s vice mayor, who advocated for July to be considered “Straight Pride American Month” as a counter to June being, as he referred to it, “LGBTQF-WTF month.” At the meeting, a woman sitting with MassResistance reportedly shouted at a 14-year-old girl, who is gay, when the girl began to cry. “Fake tears!” the woman shouted.

Another one who is probably on Adam4Adam. :problem:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Transgender activists are being blamed for the purported confusion that resulted in this situation, but the culprit is anti-trans and anti-Latina policies in prisons.

Woman booked into Miami men's jail after she was wrongly deemed transgender has lawsuit upheld

Quote:
She was taking hormone pills, which a jail nurse allegedly assumed was to grow breasts, according to the lawsuit.

A woman booked into a men's jail in Miami after she was wrongly deemed transgender had her lawsuit over the incident upheld.

Fiordaliza Pichardo was booked as a male at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center after a staff doctor and nurse wrongfully classified her as a male following her arrest for an outstanding warrant stemming from an earlier drug charge, according to her lawsuit filed in federal court.

She spent about 10 hours in a holding cell with about 40 men before she was released on bail, her lawsuit claims.

Pichardo was jailed in December 2013 and initially sued in September 2016, but the claim was thrown out by a federal judge who said the jail employees were protected against claims of neglect.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit on Nov. 21 reinstated her lawsuit against Miami-Dade County, the county's corrections department and the nurse and doctor at the jail where she was booked.

The ruling found that the nurse and doctor “knew that sending a woman to an all-male prison would pose a risk of serious harm to her safety," but that the pair "took no steps at all to verify Mrs. Pichardo’s sex before reclassifying her as male."

Pichardo, 55, is an attorney and elected official in her native Dominican Republic. She was in Miami in 2013 for the birth of her grandson when she was arrested at Miami International Airport and taken into custody for a previous failure to appear in court, her attorney told NBC News Tuesday.

Lawyer David Kubiliun said his client did not know there was a warrant out for her arrest.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

How can I forget someone so annoying?

He's gone. It's a relief, kind of like noticing your leprosy has vanished.

BTW, I also remember Ajax Minoan. It used to really make him furious when I posted stuff about the pagan basis of Christmas.

It just encouraged me to do it more. Stupid melon head.

Ah, bygone days, trolls off into the ether. :mrgreen:

Speaking of trolls, has anybody seen Scout(ster) lately? (If the answer is no, it makes me very happy. :D )

He was the only guy on the board to be openly pro-Trump. And by that, I mean, reminding you about it every 5 seconds, or so. JUST to be irritating and annoying.

Scout: have I pointed out for the 800th time I still support Trump? :roll:

Scout was banned.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:14 am 
Board Emeritus

One thing is for sure, transgender people are some of the best people in the world at defining themselves

Transgender Activist Raquel Willis Appointed Executive Editor at Out Magazine - Essence

Quote:
For the first time in the publication's 26-year history, a transgender woman will take on a leadership position.
Tanya A. Christian Dec, 10, 2018

Type “trans Black woman” into Google’s search bar, and what you’ll find are pages of articles replete with mentions of violence, discrimination, and harrowing acts towards what could arguably be considered America’s most marginalized community.

But beyond the tragic headlines lie stories of hope. Stories of success. And stories of everyday trans women whose existence deserves to be celebrated and highlighted. These are just some of the narratives media maven Raquel Willis hopes to amplify in her new role as Executive Editor at Out magazine.

Announced on Monday, Willis has joined the team at the long-running publication that has been dedicated to LGBT issues since 1992.

“It’s an honor to be a part of this team and be a part of this new crew of queer and trans people who wanna shake things up, and bring in more color along with new perspectives,” Willis told ESSENCE about her appointment.

Congrats to fabulous Ms. Willis!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:34 am 
Board Emeritus

One thing is for sure, transgender people are some of the best people in the world at defining themselves

Transgender Activist Raquel Willis Appointed Executive Editor at Out Magazine - Essence

Congrats to fabulous Ms. Willis!

Fantastic news! I am learning about this person. In spite of the hate fomented by rump and his cons here, there and everywhere, good people thrive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:47 am 
Board Emeritus

But wait..I thought it was the men in dresses in women's bathrooms that wuz the problem

‘Come out here and use the urinal’: Assistant principal accused of bullying transgender teen - WP

Quote:
“I wasn’t trying to be rude or anything,” Livengood reportedly said. “I’m not going to lie: You freak me out.”

The school district has placed Livengood on paid suspension while it investigates.

The incident in the boys' bathroom comes amid a complex debate about government protections for transgender people, as other authorities have tried to codify the conditions under which a person can use a particular lavatory.

Michael’s family enlisted the help of the ACLU after they spoke with members of the administration and an assistant superintendent but received no follow-up. Meanwhile, they said, “Mr. Livengood has continued to be at the school daily.”

Now, the organization is planning to sit down with Harrison County Schools Superintendent Mark Manchin.

Good.

Quote:
President Trump’s administration has explored changing how transgender people are identified and protected under the law, affecting the legal status of some 1.4 million Americans.

Oh but that's just a stunt, tho. :problem:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

As ever, it's the dumb, stupid, conservative whites that are the perverts. :problem:

A Transgender Woman Was Assaulted In A North Carolina Women’s Bathroom - Buzzfeed

No, we do not want to see your unattractive, misshapen bodies. Try it, and go directly to jail.

Quote:
“She pulls her shirt up and is like ‘Do you want to see my boobs?’ and she presses me up against the wall with her bare chest,” the woman told a 911 dispatcher in a recording obtained by BuzzFeed News.

The woman said the assault continued at the bar after they left the bathroom when one of the suspects kept groping her. The woman also said the two women wouldn’t stop touching her after being asked twice by a bartender who had noticed what was happening.

“One of the girls was still touching like all over me and she would not let go,” the woman told the dispatcher. “I told her numerous times and she [the bartender] could see I was visibly uncomfortable. She asked the girl two times to stop. The girl didn’t stop the two times at first so she had to forcefully tell the girl to stop.”

Witnesses of the assault told WRAL that it was clear the women were targeting her because she is transgender.

In 2016, North Carolina passed a controversial law that required people to use public restrooms associated with the gender they were assigned at birth, regardless of their gender identity. The law was rescinded in 2017 after public outcry.

“Transgender people in North Carolina continue to be targeted and policed in public spaces largely due to a political climate that is increasingly hostile towards marginalized individuals,” Kendra Johnson, the executive director of Equality NC, an LGBT advocacy group, told BuzzFeed News. “When incidents of violence happen, trans people often don’t get the support they need — or flat out aren’t believed.”

So disgusting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:18 am 
Board Emeritus

I know it makes for a funny scene in movies like Crocodile Dundee, but groping peoples' genitals and body parts without their consent is sexual assault.

Even if you claim you are trying to verify their biological sex, because you think they are transgendered persons, that does not give you a right to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:23 am 
Board Emeritus

BREAKING: Supreme Court reinstates Trump’s ban on trans servicemembers in the military
This will end badly.
https://thinkprogress.org/breaking-supr ... 044d72862/

The Supreme Court handed down a pair of orders on Tuesday that effectively reinstate the Trump administration’s ban on trans military service.

[snip][end]

A ban that was effectively instated by the POTUS posting to Twitter, I should add.

So for those who say we should ignore what he posts on Twitter, while I agree it is usually nonsense, there is a risk to ignoring all of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

One more case of Trump ignoring the best interests of the country for his own interests.

One would think after the very unusual step of all/most of the joint chiefs coming out against the move, he'd have dropped it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next