RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 am 
Board Emeritus

civility

Couple accused of attacking gay tourists on island near Key West - Sun-Sentinel

Quote:
It was about 4:30 p.m. as they were preparing to take the dinghy back to the larger boat when they noticed a small skiff heading their way, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said.

“Get the (expletive) off our island,” they heard the two people shouting along with other sexual slurs and curse words, deputies said.

The people in the skiff would later be identified as Christopher Thomas John Yarema, 43, and Stephanie Lynn Burnham, 35, according to Adam Linhardt, spokesman for the sheriff’s office.

“You have five seconds to get off, or I will kill you,” Burnham yelled, before smacking one of the two men in the face and them hitting him on the head with a boat oar, the sheriff’s office said. The man wasn’t seriously hurt but his $800 sunglasses were ruined.

After the man pushed Burnham away, Yarema came at him with a knife, according to deputies, and said, “You knocked down my wife, I’m going to kill you.”

As Yarema repeatedly came at the man with the four-inch-blade, the man’s partner pushed the dinghy between the two — causing Yarema to miss the visitor but slash the dinghy.

Though it was leaking, the two men used the small, inflatable vessel to get away and go back to their boat where they radioed for help, the sheriff’s office said.

An arrest report indicated Yarema and Burnham may have gotten upset because one of the two visitors was wearing a Speedo-type bathing suit, WPLG-Ch. 10 reported

dumb bigots

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:09 am 
Board Emeritus

If you want to avoid gay people and loathe them, personally I think living in or near Key West is a bad choice.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:58 am 
Board Emeritus

civility

63-year-old Greentown woman charged in racist letter incident - Kokomo Tribune

Quote:
A 63-year-old Greentown woman was arrested Thursday after police say she left a racist letter aimed at a black child on the door of her neighbors’ recently-purchased home.

Deborah Cantwell was booked in the Howard County Jail and charged with misdemeanor counts of intimidation and criminal mischief for a crime that’s left the Greentown community rallying around a family left traumatized.

This letter, which police say was written by 63-year-old Deborah Cantwell, was left at the home of a Greentown family with a black son. The family later posted the letter on their GoFundMe page.

Cantwell, who posted 10 percent of an $8,000 bond upon booking, was also hit Friday with a protection order that states “stalking has occurred” and prohibits her from contacting the family.

The case kicked off at 1:13 a.m. Oct. 13, when the husband and father of the family contacted a Howard County sheriff’s deputy, reporting that his family’s Greentown home had been toilet-papered and a racist letter attached to the door.

The man, whose family had yet to move into the home at the intersection of 600 East and 100 North, told the deputy he stopped at the house around midnight on his way home from work, when he found the toilet paper and letter.

His wife and family had been at the house just five hours earlier.

A probable-cause affidavit refers to the note as “racially offensive and threatening in nature” and explains the family has a black son. It does not provide the age of the son.

This recalls a similar incident that happened to my family in Southern CA when we moved to a new city. Nice going, conservative whites.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:21 am 
Board Emeritus

There’s Nothing Virtuous About Finding Common Ground - Time

This opinion piece hit my feeds like wildfire when it came out. Thought I'd posted it here, but I guess I didn't.

Quote:
Now I understand that my experience at a public school was literally an ocean away from the brave children of Soweto. However, my empathy with them was complete. Many people understand politics as merely a matter of rhetoric and ideas. Some people will experience wars only in news snippets, while the poor and working class that make up most of our volunteer army will wage war, and still others far and not so far away will have war waged upon them. For the people directly affected, the culture war is a real war too. They know there is no safety in the in-between. The romance of the middle can exist when one’s empathy is aligned with the people expressing opinions on policy or culture rather than with those who will be affected by these policies or cultural norms. Buried in this argument, whether we realize it or not, is the fact that these policies change people’s lives.

As Americans, we are at a crossroads. We have to decide what is central to our identity: Is the importance of our performance of national unity more significant than our core values? Is it more meaningful that we understand why some of us support the separation of children from their parents, or is it more crucial that we support the reunification of these families? Is it more essential that we comprehend the motives of white nationalists, or is it more urgent that we prevent them from terrorizing communities of color and those who oppose racism? Should we agree to disagree about the murder and dismemberment of a journalist? Should we celebrate our tolerance and civility as we stanch the wounds of the world and the climate with a poultice of national unity?

For the people directly affected, the culture war is a real war too

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

On the one hand, I think there is a social science benefit to understanding how certain people "tick". The Pentagon studies how ISIS radicalizes people, presumably to reduce the number of radicalized. So, I think there's something we can learn from understanding the dynamics of how Donald Trump radicalizes white nationalist terrorists. :mrgreen: I kid - or do I?

But that said, I agree on the short term, government, society, law enforcement needs to focus on stopping them first, preventing them if possible second, and understanding them last.

As for being polite to the terrorists, well no, fuck anybody who thinks bombing other people solves/resolves social problems, and that is fuck you to anybody regardless of ideology, ISIS or Proud Boys, Hamas or ETA, and if you think I'm being uncivil, fuck you, too.

I hope that was clear. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Conservative Christian white males are the most violent people in this hemisphere.

Rep. Matt Shea takes credit, criticism for document titled ‘Biblical Basis for War’ - Spokesman-Review

Quote:
Washington state Rep. Matt Shea acknowledged Wednesday he had distributed a four-page manifesto titled “Biblical Basis for War,” which describes the Christian God as a “warrior,” details the composition and strategies of a “Holy Army” and condemns abortion and same-sex marriage.

The document is organized in 14 sections with multiple tiers of bullet points and a smattering of biblical citations. Under one heading, “Rules of War,” it makes a chilling prescription for enemies who flout “biblical law.” It states, “If they do not yield – kill all males.”

The document caused a stir online Tuesday when it was shared by a Nine Mile Falls man, Tanner Rowe, who said he had obtained it in August from a person close to Shea. The document’s metadata shows it was created by a Matthew Shea, though Shea does not say in his video whether he was the sole author.

Rowe and other sources said the document resembles the work of the Marble Community Fellowship, a Stevens County congregation that is said to practice a strain of fundamentalist Christianity known as dominionism.

The leader of the group, Barry Byrd, wrote a 1988 manifesto referring to Jews as “anti-Christs” and condemning interracial marriage, though members have since tried to distance themselves from racist ideology. Shea has been a featured speaker at Marble’s annual Fourth of July God and Country Celebration.

“It truly is unnerving and, quite frankly, disgusting,” Rowe says in his own Facebook video. “This goes to show what the 51st state, or at least the leaders in it, what they really feel. They are not for liberty. They are for pushing biblical law, which is really no different than certain other fanatics that we have been against in the recent decades.”

Conservative Christian white culture is a public health hazard.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 am 
Board Emeritus

civility

Pasco woman decorates with Hitler-saluting skeletons in concentration camp, gets death threats - WFLA

Quote:
In the yard - skeleton after skeleton, saluting Hitler with concentration camp identification numbers on their arms and a Star of David on their chests.

Then there was the sign that read, "Arbeit Macht Frei," which translated in German means, "Work sets you free."

It is a slogan known for being on display at the entrance of Auschwitz and other Nazi concentration camps.

Neighbors call the decorations, displayed by a local realtor at her home, evil.

Mitchell Katz was stunned when he saw the decorations on the eve of Halloween. "It sickens me," he told WFLA. His wife, Bonnie, nodded in agreement. "it sickens me that we can have this, you know, with what happened in Pittsburgh," said Bonnie.

Mitchell explained how decorations like this are hurtful. "I'm Jewish, this says she hates Jews and we should die."

Another neighbor had tears in her eyes when she drove past the home. "It sickens me, it sickens me. I couldn't fall asleep the first night I found out about it," said Iris Hookway.

So, what does the homeowner, Susan Lamerton, have to say about her Halloween decorations causing controversy in her New Port Richey neighborhood?

We had a chance to ask her, and she told us it all began with her HOA. She claims she's been battling them over landscaping for months.

We asked her - why would put this in front of your home?

"Because they're trying to take my house," she yelled. "Don't you understand?"

She told us she's received death threats over her display, but refuses to remove it.

She says she stands firm in her decision to keep them right where they are.

She also told WFLA that she's Jewish, and this is her right to free speech, her way of protesting the HOA.

:?

Trump voter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:16 am 
Board Emeritus

45 has made being Anti-Semite publically acceptable.

There is no civility with these people.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:32 am 
Board Emeritus

Conservative white lynchmobber

Mississippi senator, whose runoff opponent is black, jokes about 'public hanging'

Quote:
A video of U.S. Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith , R-Miss., who faces a runoff against an African-American opponent, joking about attending "a public hanging" went viral Sunday as she insisted there was nothing negative about her remark.

"If he invited me to a public hanging, I'd be on the front row," Hyde-Smith said during a campaign stop in Tupelo, Mississippi. The man she was referring to was identified as a local rancher.

Hyde-Smith's opponent in the runoff is former Secretary of Agriculture Mike Espy.

The video was posted by Lamar White Jr., the publisher of The Bayou Brief, a nonprofit news site in Louisiana. White told Mississippi Today that he did not take the video, and it was recorded on Nov. 2, before the election.

Mississippi has a difficult racial history that includes 581 lynchings between 1882 and 1968, the most of any state in that period, according to the NAACP.

Hyde-Smith, who's running to complete the final two years of the Senate term she assumed when she was appointed to replace Thad Cochran in March, disregarded the comment in a statement Sunday night.

"In a comment on Nov. 2, I referred to accepting an invitation to a speaking engagement," Hyde-Smith said. "In referencing the one who invited me, I used an exaggerated expression of regard, and any attempt to turn this into a negative connotation is ridiculous."

civility

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:18 am 
Board Emeritus

Fuck Civility.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

civility

Baraboo High School 'Seig Heil' photo goes viral, officials condemn as 'extremely inappropriate' - Madison.com

Quote:
"We had a lot of parents calling to let the kids out, so this was just a way to make sure that we had the permission for the kids to leave," she said.

Mueller's message said the photo was taken last spring. It calls the gestures the young men are making “extremely inappropriate." It says the district has confirmed that the photo “was not taken on school property or at a school-sponsored event.”

The message also says, “The Baraboo School District is a hate-free environment where all people, regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, are respected and celebrated.”

Sure, it is. :problem:

Nice job, conservative whites.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Kid in bottom the middle went with the White Power sign.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Kid in bottom the middle went with the White Power sign.

dumb bigots in training

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Kavanaugh Accuser Christine Blasey Ford Continues Receiving Threats, Lawyers Say - NPR

civility

Quote:
She has had to move four times, she wrote last month. She has had to pay for a private security detail. She hasn't been able to return to her job as a professor at Palo Alto University. A spokeswoman for the school did not respond to a question about whether there was a timeline for Ford to return.

Ford's accusation that Kavanaugh had assaulted her when the two were in high school — and Kavanaugh's emotional response — took place before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 27. Ford detailed the intimidation she was receiving then.

"My family and I have been the target of constant harassment and death threats," she told the committee.

"People have posted my personal information on the Internet. This has resulted in additional emails, calls, and threats. My family and I were forced to move out of our home. ... My family and I have been living in various secure locales, with guards."

Although the spotlight has receded, the danger has not, Ford's lawyers say, but she is not interested in trying to turn her story into something that could make the experience lucrative.

These are the lawless people who lecture us about "civility". :problem:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

civility

Parkland shooting suspect registered to vote from jail - The Hill

Quote:
The man who confessed to killing 17 people in the Parkland shooting registered to vote from jail while awaiting his trial.

Nikolas Cruz, 20, is charged with 17 counts of murder and 17 counts of attempted murder in the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on Valentine’s Day.

Cruz registered to vote as a Republican on July 25, according to The Miami Herald.

Florida law allows defendants to vote as long as they have not yet been convicted. Cruz has confessed to the killings but is still awaiting trial.

Cruz is currently being held in the Broward County Jail and listed the address as his residence on his voter registration.

"Taking away the voting rights of an eligible person awaiting trial is illegal," sheriff’s office spokeswoman Veda Coleman-Wright told local NBC affiliate WFLA.

The news first came to light when Andrew Pollack, father of one of the 14 students who lost their lives in the shooting, tweeted his anger over Cruz’s registration.

The Republican Party is the party of mass-murdering incels. :problem:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:12 am 
Board Emeritus

You ‘win’ a horrific new video game by shooting LGBTQ people in a nightclub - LGBTQ Nation

Quote:
A new video game from “Crying Nazi” Christopher Cantwell is just as reprehensible as it’s creator. In part of the game, players slaughter LGBTQ people in a Pulse-like nightclub.

Cantwell is an avowed white supremacist and neo-Nazi. He became a national laughingstock after he broke down in tears in a YouTube video after being told there was a warrant for his arrest for inciting violence in Charlottesville, Virginia during a white supremacist rally in 2017.

Cantwell has targeted LGBTQ Nation for abuse in other videos.

Cantwell’s game, Angry Goy II, is an update to the previous version that had players shoving Jewish people into ovens. This version allows users to target various minority groups – including LGBTQ people.

civility

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

GOP supports this. ALL of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:25 am 
Board Emeritus

GOP supports this. ALL of them.

"Civility" to certain conservative whites evidently means changing the subject to "the 20 million African-American babies murdered by abortion" or whatever, when your pet candidate is on record making lynchmob "jokes"

:problem:

Barely a month ago, Mississippi gov Phil Bryant was on Twitter, pointing and crying civility at some tweet made by a sociology prof at Ole Miss.

viewtopic.php?p=432389#p432389

"Free speech" and "civility" to these lawless conservative whites: potential US Senators get to "joke" about mass-murdering you. But a tweet by a professor makes us very angry, and nervous.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

More Jim Crow government

Video shows white Kansas official telling a black woman he is ‘part of the master race’ - NBC News

Quote:
Colleagues call on Kansas' Leavenworth County Commissioner to resign after telling African-American constituent "You have a gap in your teeth. We are part of the master race, don't you forget that." KSHB's Ariel Rothfield reports.

Anyone wagging their fingers at liberals about "civility" shows exactly what their true master race colors are. When they go lecture these people on "civility," I might start to consider to maybe perhaps someday take them seriously.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

The sort of person who sews hoods on white sheets.

REPUBLICAN SENATOR CAUGHT ON TAPE SAYING IT’S A 'GREAT IDEA' TO MAKE IT 'MORE DIFFICULT' FOR 'LIBERAL FOLKS' TO VOTE - Newsweek

Quote:
indy Hyde-Smith, Mississippi's appointed U.S. Senator, is under fire for the second time in under a week for comments made on the campaign trail ahead of the Nov. 6 midterm elections.

Lamar White, Jr., publisher of The Bayou Brief, posted the video to Twitter on Thursday evening. In the clip, Hyde-Smith can be heard speaking about voter suppression to a group standing outside her campaign tour bus.

"And then they remind me, that there's a lot of liberal folks in those other schools who that maybe we don't want to vote. Maybe we want to make it just a little more difficult. And I think that's a great idea," Hyde-Smith says in the 18-second video.

According to Lamar, the clip was filmed on Nov. 3 in Starkville, Mississippi.

Hyde-Smith's campaign released a statement an hour after the second video was posted, with campaign spokeswoman Melissa Scallan saying, "Obviously Sen. Hyde-Smith was making a joke and clearly the video was selectively edited."

Espy's campaign quickly responded with their own statement, with communications director Danny Blanton saying, "For a state like Mississippi, where voting rights were obtained through sweat and blood, everyone should appreciate that this is not a laughing matter. Mississippians deserve a senator who represents our best qualities, not a walking stereotype who embarrasses our state.”

Klassic Konservative white civility.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Traitors, murderers, ALL of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

They rely on backup from gang members to implement their rotten, misanthropic policies.

39 suspected gang members charged in major drug, gun trafficking investigation in Pasco - ABC

Quote:
We’re learning about the nearly 40 gang members cuffed and jailed in a big investigation unfolding in the Tampa Bay area.

It was a three-year investigation ending with more than 110 illegal firearms seized. ATF, along with assistance from Pasco County Sheriff’s Office and the State Attorney’s Office cuffed 39 alleged gang members.

“You know these are one of those very proud moments we have," said Sheriff Chris Nocco of Pasco County Sheriff's Office.

They say the suspects are part of the Unforgiven and United Aryan Brotherhood prison gangs working mostly out of Pasco County. But most stunning of all is the amount of guns authorities confiscated including a rocket launcher and pipe bombs.

“In getting these 39 dangerous individuals off of the street and seizing guns and explosives that could have been used in violent acts, the community of Pasco County is a little safer,” ATF Assistant Special Agent in Charge Craig Kailimai said.

“It’s scary when you look over that table and you see those guns and they are in the hands of felons," said Nocco.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

They rely on backup from gang members to implement their rotten, misanthropic policies.

39 suspected gang members charged in major drug, gun trafficking investigation in Pasco - ABC

The goddess, Randi, just reported the far right is furious about the blue TSUNAMI and is planning widespread violence.

No doubt.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:29 pm 
Policy Wonk

More Jim Crow government

Video shows white Kansas official telling a black woman he is ‘part of the master race’ - NBC News

Anyone wagging their fingers at liberals about "civility" shows exactly what their true master race colors are. When they go lecture these people on "civility," I might start to consider to maybe perhaps someday take them seriously.

:) I guess by his standards, Madonna and Lauren Hutton are sub-humans. lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Watching Rachel about Turkey and Khashoggi and rump handing over someone they can torture and kill

YOu republicans are ALL FILTH

Sunday night, Msnbc, definitive proof nixon treason, extended war 4 years so he could get credit for ending it

If you are a republican you are a filthy traitor and I wish your party hadnt killed all those men AND Women from 68-73 but your party is responible

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next