RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rump has orders to start civil unrest when we win the elections. He will do it as per Carl Bernstein story. And Malcolm Nance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Civility toward Proud Boys is a much less effective tactic than calling the cops on them. If the cops are MAGAs and don't do anything, then my philosophy has no issues if someone wants to go to Woody Allen's baseball bat stage of discourse.

Granted that the regular go-rounds between antifa and whitenats are getting old. I wonder how much of this is the boys just wanna have fun hormone thing.

I don't think this violent white male vigilantism can be dismissed as hormones. That's a slippery slope of boys-will-be-boys we just cane through a whole excruciating, exhausting news cycle about, 2 weeks ago.

That said, there are two news reports that I know of linking local GOPs with Proud Boys actions. ProfX already covered this, but might as well include it here.

Miami GOP Chairman and Proud Boys Led Mob-Style Protest of Nancy Pelosi - Splinter/Univision

Quote:
Yet another link between the Republican Party and the pro-Trump, protofascist group Proud Boys was seen this week at a mob-style protest in South Florida against the visit of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

Pelosi was attending a campaign event in Coral Gables on Wednesday for Democratic congressional candidate Donna Shalala when she and others were confronted by an angry mob at a campaign office. The situation was so intimidating that the building was locked down by Capitol Police and local law enforcement.

Ricky Junquera, outreach vice chairman of the Miami-Dade County Democratic Party, told radio host and columnist Grant Stern, “I was on the other side of that door with the Capitol Police, helping to deadbolt the entrance from an angry mob. I’ve never seen anything like this in all of my years in Miami politics, or anywhere else for that matter.”

In videos of the protest, Nelson Diaz, chairman of the Republican Party in Miami-Dade County, is seen pounding on the door to the campaign office. That video was filmed by Enrique Tarrio, leader of the Miami Proud Boys, and posted on the far-right propaganda site Big League Politics. “Open up! It’s the Proud Boys in here,” Tarrio can be heard shouting.

“Fuck Nancy Pelosi,” protesters shouted, also calling the Democrats inside “comunistas” and “witches,” according to Miami Herald reporter Jimena Tavel.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Stop calling the cops on us.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Which is exactly the point. Most of this is NOT spontaneous. It's billionaire rabble-rousing.

Yes, exactly. It's also worth remembering that while Antifa and dorks like Black Bloc exist, they're not propped up by Dem politicians and never have been. Not so for Proud Boys and these other violent "alt-right" MAGAhat whites. They not only have GOP backing, but an advocate in the WH that repeats their propaganda and injects their ideology into domestic and foreign policy.

Also unlike any left "militant" group, conservative whites have a very long history of murderous vigilante groups working in conjunction with law enforcement and public policy makers from the local level to the state level to the federal level.

Their voters and simmering-frog enablers will readily admonish us to be "civil," in a hot second, tho. :problem:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

1) Diaz, the Miami GOP chair, claims he didn't know who the Proud Boys were, or that they were there at the event. BTW, there's evidence he's met with them before, and he's full of shit.

2) Male violence and aggression has a lot less to do with hormones, and a lot more to do with gender role socialization. Because, after all, boys are taught that violence is part of masculinity, and girls that it's not part of femininity. But - look - violent females have existed (see: Aileen Wuornos), and there are all-female gangs. This is not biological essentialism.

Incidentally, civility is part of our "gender training" for females - remember, according to some, women are supposed to be seen and not heard, quiet shrinking violets (that's why her name is "Violet" in the Incredibles), being pleasant and accommodating is to be "ladylike". Because we know what they call females who don't act this way.

Women, like "minorities," are supposed to ... "know their place". Patriarchy means daddy tells the wife and the children when to jump, and how high.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

1) Diaz, the Miami GOP chair, claims he didn't know who the Proud Boys were, or that they were there at the event. BTW, there's evidence he's met with them before, and he's full of shit.

2) Male violence and aggression has a lot less to do with hormones, and a lot more to do with gender role socialization. Because, after all, boys are taught that violence is part of masculinity, and girls that it's not part of femininity. But - look - violent females have existed (see: Aileen Wuornos), and there are all-female gangs. This is not biological essentialism.

Incidentally, civility is part of our "gender training" for females - remember, according to some, women are supposed to be seen and not heard, quiet shrinking violets (that's why her name is "Violet" in the Incredibles), being pleasant and accommodating is to be "ladylike". Because we know what they call females who don't act this way.

Women, like "minorities," are supposed to ... "know their place". Patriarchy means daddy tells the wife and the children when to jump, and how high.

Yeah this is why social conservatives of any stripe from alt-right to the NOI to the Federalist Society to orthodoxy of any religion detest and attack LGBTQ. We blow the roof off of their dumb sex and gender policing.

And have a lot of fun doing so, too! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

civility

Attachment:
andrea-bernstein-park-slope.jpg
andrea-bernstein-park-slope.jpg [ 105.32 KiB | Viewed 199 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

And I am the one who gets called names when I correctly, years ago, identified ALL republicans as traitors, terrorists, murderers, criminals, liars.

Right now they are engaged in assisting rump kill a journalist and cover it up. ALL of them.

When I and NOBODY ELSE on the internet or in the media was tweeting

GOP prefers KGB to USA...

:twisted:

Or when I say civil unrest is just around the corner. for fuck sake

What you are is a scared little left wing paranoid pipsqueak living off of money others in your family earned who needs professional help for your paranoia.

Nobody is coming to get you, nobody wants to see you dead, your beliefs about what all republicans show you have some bad mental issues and you have no reason to fear the big bad conservative.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

What you are is a scared little left wing paranoid pipsqueak living off of money others in your family earned who needs professional help for your paranoia.

Nobody is coming to get you, nobody wants to see you dead, your beliefs about what all republicans show you have some bad mental issues and you have no reason to fear the big bad conservative.

You dont know what my business is , where or with who...how could you, unless...

I have given vague descriptions of my very successful business life that I am entirely personally responsible for in addition with the hard work of others. But this stupid, ridiculous personal insult comment of yours implies some other knowledge.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

You dont know what my business is , where or with who...how could you, unless...

I have given vague descriptions of my very successful business life that I am entirely personally responsible for in addition with the hard work of others. But this stupid, ridiculous personal insult comment of yours implies some other knowledge.

You would be surprised what a bored truck driver can find out on the internet when stuck in some Godforsaken place for a day or two. But, nobody has a thing to worry about as I am the last person who would ever do anything to hurt another.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

bad conservative

It's not that conservatives are "bad".

Your cultures thrive on violence, especially physical and sexual violence.

Violence is a conservative holy sacrament.

Yet you guys demand civility from everyone else?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

You would be surprised what a bored truck driver can find out on the internet when stuck in some Godforsaken place for a day or two. But, nobody has a thing to worry about as I am the last person who would ever do anything to hurt another.

That doesnt make any sense. You found out I live off of my relatives by surfing the internet? You really wanna stick with that?

There is NO way using my screen name you could find out who I am...I dont care about the stupid insult. I do care about you implying you know who I am.

Your DESIRE to find out about me is creepy. It would never occur to me to find out about you beyond the ugliness I see here. Now i suppose it is possible had my original screen name here been what I think it might have been you could have from that, sort of.

THIS is why i changed my name. No, i do NOT trust you.

And if you were honest and you knew who I was you would say the truth about me and my position and the size of my company and the extent of my success, but you wont. Not with names and places of course, but in general. So which is it, you dont know anything or you know who I am and just are lying about me?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

civility

This is an obvious attempt to gaslight, harass, and intimidate Libertas. And yes, there is a tacit threat in it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

civility

This is an obvious attempt to gaslight, harass, and intimidate Libertas. And yes, there is a tacit threat in it.

Oh I know, I reported it to the owners of the board.

Entirely and completely out of bounds. But expected.

Do i think glen himself is a threat, no. Do I think he is stupid or vain enough to give personal info about someone to someone else, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maybe this came out wrong. Maybe you were just "joking." But I'm sure stalking people is against the rules of this board. It's ultra creepy and reads like a possible threat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:24 am 
Board Emeritus

New York Times, 1934:

Twitter essay from Angus Johnston, a prof at City University of New York who studies American student culture

https://twitter.com/studentactivism/sta ... 1540655106

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1007 ... 55106.html

@studentactivism
Follow Follow @studentactivism
More

Okay. I've found it. The absolute culmination of the "we have to build bridges with the far right" argument.

Henry Cadbury was a Quaker, and I'm sure he was a lovely man. But wow, was he wrong in a very familiar way.

Among the anti-fascist tactics Cadbury condemned? Boycotts. He called them "war without bloodshed."

Astonishingly, Cadbury gave this speech to a conference of rabbis. It was not well-received.

Rabbi Stephen Wise (who would, ironically, himself be later criticized for equivocation on anti-Nazi topics) repudiated Cadbury's speech.

Another rabbi basically said any talk of "loving" Hitler was pointless sophistry.

That same rabbi on the moral and practical necessity for a diversity of tactics:

(Same day, same page: American Baptist pastor says the appeal of Nazi antisemitism is grounded not in bigotry, but—I kid you not—economic anxiety.)

---

More at the Threadreader link

Actual 1934 article is here: https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesm ... eNumber=15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:52 am 
Board Emeritus

Oh yes, there were some Jews in Germany in the 1930s who thought if they were just quiet, "good Germans," blended in with the proper assimilation, Hitler was just a noisy storm in a teacup who would go away.

You know, Hitler kept talking about Jews undermining and betraying Germany during the First War, but some of the ones sent to camps had been distinguished veterans during WW I. Didn't matter. BTW, some of the people who went to the camps were only 1/4 Jewish by ancestry. Also didn't matter. Jewish "blood" was a contaminant. And the Nazis kept infamously good records.

Yeah, just be civil and nice to him, and he'll be nice back. How'd that work out? I really think Charlie Chaplin's portrayal of him in the Great Dictator was the way to go. People like him deserve to be mocked. Not that it stopped him, of course, but still.

If only Inglorious Basterds was not a revenge fantasia. If only Operation Valkyrie had got him. If only the Doctor had gotten him first ("Let's Kill Hitler"). If, if, if.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:40 am 
Board Emeritus

The conservative idea of art is similar to their idea of humor: crass, elitist, always at someone's expense.

'Halloween' Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters - Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
Sabo, a conservative street artist, replaced a photo of killer Michael Myers with one of the congresswoman.

Sabo tells The Hollywood Reporter that the text he added to the advertisement is a reference to Waters telling a crowd in June to make things uncomfortable for President Donald Trump and his Cabinet members.

:problem:

Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Oh yes, there were some Jews in Germany in the 1930s who thought if they were just quiet, "good Germans," blended in with the proper assimilation, Hitler was just a noisy storm in a teacup who would go away.

You know, Hitler kept talking about Jews undermining and betraying Germany during the First War, but some of the ones sent to camps had been distinguished veterans during WW I. Didn't matter. BTW, some of the people who went to the camps were only 1/4 Jewish by ancestry. Also didn't matter. Jewish "blood" was a contaminant. And the Nazis kept infamously good records.

Yeah, just be civil and nice to him, and he'll be nice back. How'd that work out? I really think Charlie Chaplin's portrayal of him in the Great Dictator was the way to go. People like him deserve to be mocked. Not that it stopped him, of course, but still.

If only Inglorious Basterds was not a revenge fantasia. If only Operation Valkyrie had got him. If only the Doctor had gotten him first ("Let's Kill Hitler"). If, if, if.

And don't make him mad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

civility

At George Soros’s Home in N.Y. Suburb, Explosive Device Is Found in Mailbox - NYT

Quote:
The explosive device found in a mailbox at the home of George Soros, the billionaire philanthropist, on Monday afternoon was relatively small, a senior law enforcement official said on Tuesday.

The device was “proactively denotated” by bomb squad technicians from the Westchester County Police Department.

The bomber’s motive remained unclear. Mr. Soros is a favorite target of right-wing groups. He was not home at the time.

The investigation has been taken over by the New York offices of the F.B.I. and the federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, said the senior law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is open.

His activism has made him a villain to conservative groups and the target of anti-Semitic smears. Roseanne Barr called him a Nazi in an infamous tweetstorm, and just this month, Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, falsely speculated that Mr. Soros had funded a caravan of migrants moving north toward Mexico. There is no evidence that Mr. Soros paid thousands of migrants to storm the border. Nor is there evidence that Democrats support the effort, as President Trump has said.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

The only reason for a righty idiot to do this is if they believe the lies that Soros is involved in anything about anything and he isnt, of course.

Nah, I wanted to be wrong when I repeatedly warned WARNED about civil unrest or war. When for YEARS now I purposely EXAGGERATED the issue to get people's attention so this would NOT happen and so people would support Hillary, etc. i wasnt wrong about any of it, of course...let's hope I am wrong about the civil unrest and my prediction that many if not most police and natl guard will side with the nationalists.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

The only reason for a righty idiot to do this is if they believe the lies that Soros is involved in anything about anything and he isnt, of course.

Nah, I wanted to be wrong when I repeatedly warned WARNED about civil unrest or war. When for YEARS now I purposely EXAGGERATED the issue to get people's attention so this would NOT happen and so people would support Hillary, etc. i wasnt wrong about any of it, of course...let's hope I am wrong about the civil unrest and my prediction that many if not most police and natl guard will side with the nationalists.

Well, they have been itching for Civil War 3.0 since Brown vs. Board of Education.

I suggest not ever giving it to them, since I also know the what the first communities to be summarily elimintaed will be in such a war.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

civility

Iowa man burns children's books from public library to protest Orange City Pride - Des Moines Register

Quote:
Dorr is the director of Rescue The Perishing, a religious group and website he calls a "crisis center and pro-life, pro-family movement."

Burning public property on video is a poor example for children, he added.

"It is disappointing to see folks break the law in a community where we believe abiding by the law keeps everyone safe," OC Pride said in a statement Monday.

"We are thankful for the LGBTQ+ community here in NW Iowa for setting a positive example of building community in light of those who do violent, illegal things to prove a point," the statement continued.

The group is collecting donations through a GoFundMe.

Orange City is the county seat of Sioux County, known as the most conservative county in the state. U.S. Rep. Steve King represents the area, part of Iowa's 4th Congressional District.

100 bux sez Dorr is also on Grindr. :problem:

Those who burn books will eventually burn YOU. Invariably, those people are conservatives.

#prolife
#profamily

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes, they will burn you or me or us.

Shoot, whatever they got.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ce-n923406

Quote:
Gillum targeted by new racist robocall in Florida governor race
Florida voters who receive the call — audio of which was obtained by NBC News — hear a man speaking in a minstrel dialect who identifies himself as Gillum.

Civility. No, not really.

Confrontation is what they are after.

The sad sick thing is that this could work. In America in 2018.

That the leader of their party could openly identify as a nazi, ie nationalist. And what do they say? nothing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:05 pm 
Political Junkie

It's not that conservatives are "bad".

Your cultures thrive on violence, especially physical and sexual violence.

Violence is a conservative holy sacrament.

Yet you guys demand civility from everyone else?

What a myopic thing to say...or is it just , as usual, patently dishonest.

FBI Crime Statistics
Considering the amount of violent and sexual crime per capita based on race, looks like you have a bit of work to do...get on it Carmen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next