RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

1) not all violent acts are considered crimes or criminally punished.
2) can't talk about comparative crime statistics without discussing arrest rates. Are whites and blacks arrested at the same rate for committing the same crimes? If the answer is no ...
3) I find it odd conservatives will pay close attention to racial differentials in crime rates, but remain silent on the fact that most violent crimes are committed by MEN of all races and therefore are, I would suppose, a problem of MEN.

Almost all serial killers, BTW, have been white males.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh great, rightwing liar comes to town.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:28 pm 
Political Junkie

2) can't talk about comparative crime statistics without discussing arrest rates. Are whites and blacks arrested at the same rate for committing the same crimes? If the answer is no ...
3) I find it odd conservatives will pay close attention to racial differentials in crime rates, but remain silent on the fact that most violent crimes are committed by MEN of all races and therefore are, I would suppose, a problem of MEN.

Yes, men are obviously more violent.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Reverse the past 200 years and white people, men especially would be murdering POC hundreds a day. Would be burning down the entire country every time something bad happens to them.

STUNNING to see people with all the power talk the way they do. They are starting to piss off patriots.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Conclusion: this society socializes men into their social roles poorly. It teaches men that most problems can be solved with or through violence and aggression.

Evidence: the "Proud" Boys seem very "Proud" of all the wrong aspects of masculinity.

More Evidence: how many films star a man who uses violence to solve all their problems?

Final conclusion: this society needs to rethink how it defines masculinity and socializes males.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

The massive amounts of violence and buildings burned if WHITE people were on the RECEIVING end of what BLACK people now are would blow your mind.

No book of stats could hold it all.

Not to mention the stats of how many white people would kill other white people, simply out of fear and ignorance.

Sure, there are lots of really great white people, professor is one, I am one, Ike and others here. Roy, marindem, Zowie, Viewer I am not sure who else is. White males I mean. But so many bad white people that it embarrasses me and most of us decent people.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

What a myopic thing to say...or is it just , as usual, patently dishonest.

FBI Crime Statistics
Considering the amount of violent and sexual crime per capita based on race, looks like you have a bit of work to do...get on it Carmen.

Perhaps you're forgetting about the wars started by violent conservatives over the past four decades or so. Or maybe you don't consider phony wars in the defense of this country :roll: as violence. We're talking about 600,000 dead Iraqis who would otherwise be alive today on the hands of George W. Bush alone in his little 15 year long war for his legacy. Such convenient memory lapses. Or maybe it's you own usual form of patent dishonesty.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Perhaps you're forgetting about the wars started by violent conservatives over the past four decades or so. Or maybe you dont consider wars as violence. Were talking about 600,000 dead Iraqis who would otherwise be alive today on the hands of George W. Bush's little war for his legacy alone. Such convenient memory lapses.

What vile filthy rightwing racist traitor assholes think is if THEY were forced out of the best schools, punished for crimes others werent, had their neighborhoods targeted for crime and disease and economic destruction, THEY would handle it peachy keen and not react.

That if they were on the receiving end of non stop, endless institutional racism and hatred that all would be fine. What would happen of course is what I have said over and over, they would burn down the entire country because they dont know any other way to respond.

Or, they wouldnt do anything out of cowardice and would just become greater and greater cowards.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ya think? American men commit 89% of homicides. American men commit 99% of forcible rapes. American men commit 87% of robberies. American men commit 80% of murders of children under 5 not committed by a parent. American men commit 83% of arsons. American men commit 80% of violent offenses against families and children. American men commit 80.4% of all violent crimes in this country. Worldwide men committ 96% of all homicides.

Yep Aragorn thinks men are obviously more violent than women. Not a lot more. Not considerably more. Not absurdly more. Not disgustingly more. Not fucking despicable more. Just...more. But...OK, more violent.

Hey aragorn! Y'know why men can't get mad cow disease? Because they're pigs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ya think? American men commit 89% of homicides. American men commit 99% of forcible rapes. American men commit 87% of robberies. American men commit 80% of murders of children under 5 not committed by a parent. American men commit 83% of arsons. American men commit 80% of violent offenses against families and children. American men commit 80.4% of all violent crimes in this country. Worldwide men committ 96% of all homicides.

Yep Aragorn thinks men are obviously more violent than women. Not a lot more. Not considerably more. Not absurdly more. Not disgustingly more. Not fucking despicable more. Just...more. But...OK, more violent.

Hey aragorn! Y'know why men can't get mad cow disease? Because they're pigs.

But Black people sometimes kill other Black people so nothing else matters. Nothing, I say.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's the what. We could bring up the why.

Men are not BORN pigs. They're TAUGHT to BE pigs.

[from the book jacket]
First published in 1935, Sex & Temperament is a fascinating and brilliant anthropological study of the intimate lives of three New Guinea tribes from infancy to adulthood. Focusing on the gentle, mountain-dwelling Arapesh, the fierce, cannibalistic Mundugumor, and the graceful headhunters of Tchambuli -- Mead advances the theory that many so-called masculine and feminine characteristics are not based on fundamental sex differences but reflect the cultural conditioning of different societies.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/mead/field-sepik.html

Mead found a different pattern of male and female behavior in each of the cultures she studied, all different from gender role expectations in the United States at that time. She found among the Arapesh a temperament for both males and females that was gentle, responsive, and cooperative. Among the Mundugumor (now Biwat), both males and females were violent and aggressive, seeking power and position. For the Tchambuli (now Chambri), male and female temperaments were distinct from each other, the woman being dominant, impersonal, and managerial and the male less responsible and more emotionally dependent.

[snip][end]

Anyway, I just find it interesting that, as Carmen said, white male conservatives are so eager to pathologize a "Black culture" they apparently know jack shit about ... when, BTW, the best predictor for differential rates of "Black" vs. "White" crime seems to relate to a variable called differential socio-economic opportunities ... but don't seem to want to discuss that there appears to be a toxic "culture" of masculinity in our society creating this problem of male-dominated violence.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

My mother was an eastern philosophy major for the time she went to college in her 50's. She also worked with the Catholic church and argued with them endlessly.

She was brilliant and opinionated and obnoxious.

She told me there was NO reason I had to be the male chauvinist, misogynist my father and brother were, and that helped me recognize what I needed to do even if I didnt always do it.

God I miss her.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's the what. We could bring up the why.

Men are not BORN pigs. They're TAUGHT to BE pigs.

[from the book jacket]
First published in 1935, Sex & Temperament is a fascinating and brilliant anthropological study of the intimate lives of three New Guinea tribes from infancy to adulthood. Focusing on the gentle, mountain-dwelling Arapesh, the fierce, cannibalistic Mundugumor, and the graceful headhunters of Tchambuli -- Mead advances the theory that many so-called masculine and feminine characteristics are not based on fundamental sex differences but reflect the cultural conditioning of different societies.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/mead/field-sepik.html

Mead found a different pattern of male and female behavior in each of the cultures she studied, all different from gender role expectations in the United States at that time. She found among the Arapesh a temperament for both males and females that was gentle, responsive, and cooperative. Among the Mundugumor (now Biwat), both males and females were violent and aggressive, seeking power and position. For the Tchambuli (now Chambri), male and female temperaments were distinct from each other, the woman being dominant, impersonal, and managerial and the male less responsible and more emotionally dependent.

[snip][end]

I would say we are all acculturated to be objectifying pigs. It's only a matter of dumb luck that so many of us turn out to not be that way, because the vicious fucking species that is mankind is doing it's best to make it as barbarous a world as might be possible. And it's always been so interesting to me that the gentlest of cultures are typically the least "civilized."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

My mother was an eastern philosophy major for the time she went to college in her 50's. She also worked with the Catholic church and argued with them endlessly.

She was brilliant and opinionated and obnoxious.

She told me there was NO reason I had to be the male chauvinist, misogynist my father and brother were, and that helped me recognize what I needed to do even if I didnt always do it.

God I miss her.

My mother was an oblivious narcissist. Everything I know about making an effort to being and understanding and loving human being I learned from the blonde's family.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

My mother was an oblivious narcissist. Everything I know about making an effort to being and understanding and loving human being I learned from the blonde's family.

OMG, so sorry

My two son's mother is also. Well maybe not a narcissist but she could care less for her kids. I married her when I was young and stupid and she was hot.

sucks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Women are not essentially loving and nurturing by nature, either.

I've known many, many fine women (ugh that sounds almost Trumpian) - but of course some without empathy and were poor mothers. They really are not born knowing how to mother properly either.

Some can be cold, objectifying, cruel, ... anything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Women are not essentially loving and nurturing by nature, either.

I've known many, many fine women (ugh that sounds almost Trumpian) - but of course some without empathy and were poor mothers. They really are not born knowing how to mother properly either.

Some can be cold, objectifying, cruel, ... anything.

My mom stabbed me once with a fork at the counter in our kitchen, it was Halloween, I was maybe 12 and was driving her insane that I wanted to leave and go out.

Dont remember if it drew blood or not but it shocked the FUCK out of me :rw) she had had enough, cant blame her...

Isolated incident, NO acts of violence by her other than this and I am sure I deserved it.

Speaking of civility, YOU are one of the very best good guys around!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

What a myopic thing to say...or is it just , as usual, patently dishonest.

FBI Crime Statistics
Considering the amount of violent and sexual crime per capita based on race, looks like you have a bit of work to do...get on it Carmen.

Ah, look what the cat dragged in. :lol:

What's your stats on arrests by ethnicity/race supposed to prove again?

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Perhaps you're forgetting about the wars started by violent conservatives over the past four decades or so. Or maybe you don't consider phony wars in the defense of this country :roll: as violence. We're talking about 600,000 dead Iraqis who would otherwise be alive today on the hands of George W. Bush alone in his little 15 year long war for his legacy. Such convenient memory lapses. Or maybe it's you own usual form of patent dishonesty.

Yes but Chicago, tho!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Blk culture, Carmen. It's bad.

We can't tell you what it is, why they have it (and whites don't), or anything else, but it makes them criminal.

At least the kernal made an attempt. Something not enough kids with two married parents something. = Negro Rampage!

Also, BTW, there seems to be more of this blk culture problem in Chicago, St. Louis, and Detroit, for some reason we don't know. But it's there!

Last edited by ProfessorX on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

They also cause 100% of unwanted pregnancies.

:lashes:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Blk culture, Carmen. It's bad.

We can't tell you what it is, why they have it (and whites don't), or anything else, but it makes them criminal.

At least the kernal made an attempt. Something not enough kids with two married parents something. = Negro Rampage!

Also, BTW, there seems to be more of this blk culture problem in Chicago and Detroit, for some reason we don't know.

Yes but lots of the blacks get arrested for crimes, tho!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of civility, YOU are one of the very best good guys around!

I have my role models.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/gillum-targeted-new-racist-robocall-florida-governor-race-n923406

Civility. No, not really.

Confrontation is what they are after.

The sad sick thing is that this could work. In America in 2018.

That the leader of their party could openly identify as a nazi, ie nationalist. And what do they say? nothing

What's also interesting is that they tried this already. viewtopic.php?p=422269#p422269

We all speak minstrel dialect, to them, even if we speak the king's English.

Then Megyn Kelly "wonders" why blackface is racist...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

But Black people sometimes kill other Black people so nothing else matters. Nothing, I say.

Yes and the gangs!

And MS13!

And Middle Easterners in the caravans!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next