RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

sure we have racists and problems of our own but we are not the leader of the free world.

It's not all it's cracked up to be, so you didn't miss out on much. You know, when Ike and I are done selling off all the U.S. carrier groups, Canada could get some at a good price.

It's odd. On the one hand, I can almost get what some people see in Trump when he says it's time for the U.S. to not be the world's policeman. Yes, of course. Enough Team USA: World Police.

But then we get to reasons. No, it's not because of our excessive arrogance and manifest destined exceptionalism. Apparently, all that bugs Trump is we're not getting paid well enough by those other nations in NATO or Japan or Saudi Arabia. They're freeloading and taking advantage of us, ... nothing else wrong with it. We just need to be better paid.

As far as him not wanting to flex American military muscle, well, he's much like previous unilateralists. He doesn't feel we shouldn't, nah it's really more of a matter of not having to listen to whiners at the UN or in other alliances about how to do this multilaterally, let's just act when we feel like it and no other nations should get in our way. And we don't need anybody else's permission to bomb the crap out of, well, whatever bumfuckistan is next.

He's not all that different from Bush on this, so I'm not shocked he has John Bolton as an advisor.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:45 pm 

Still, there's a weird history ... one story my dad told me about when he was stationed in Canada for the Geophysical Year during his military service at Fort Churchill, the Canadians wouldn't allow American blacks on the base. This was early 50s.

Issues of ethnic conflict between Anglo-Canadians and Franco-Canadians ... well that goes back to the 18th century ... still stuff simmering in Quebec, though I think the separatist/independence movement there has lessened.

interesting i've not heard of that re american blacks not allowed on the base. i'm not saying it didn't happen but our history books paints that we offered freedom and land to black slaves if they joined our military and fought with us even tho we were british at the time. ww1 some fought but i think they were segregated but by ww2 they were not.

yes our history with the quebecois is not a pretty one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Again, I can't say I have done historical research on this one. I only have my father's story, and no in this case haven't dug into verification.

The Canadians would not allow American blacks on the base, because, they claimed, American black soldiers there a few years earlier had committed some rapes on townsfolk nearby.

According to pop, the only black person on the base at Ft. Churchill was an Afro-Canadian dentist.

Anyway, from the history books, I have read of the time when deGaulle came to Quebec, think this was around 1967 at Montreal Expo? ... and proclaimed "Vive Le Quebec Libre".

It's good you admit this, Stoonie usually seemed to deny there was any mistreatment of Franco-Canadians in Canada ... which makes me wonder, I mean, separatist/independence movements never come from nowhere. Now - of course - that's 'ethnic' conflict, not 'racial'.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:56 pm 

It's not all it's cracked up to be, so you didn't miss out on much.

honestly prof ~ you have to see that the rest of the free world thinks your in a shitload of trouble with trump at the wheel. every g8 country is worried, every leader of the world falls at some point.

do you think you will recover from trump and go on to lead the free world? cause i'm not so sure anymore but hope i'm wrong. at least when jr was president i didn't think it was a dire situation but i do now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

honestly prof ~ you have to see that the rest of the free world thinks your in a shitload of trouble with trump at the wheel. every g8 country is worried, every leader of the world falls at some point.

do you think you will recover from trump and go on to lead the free world? cause i'm not so sure anymore but hope i'm wrong. at least when jr was president i didn't think it was a dire situation but i do now.

But we already know what we're up against regarding the Trump administration, because we're living it daily. As people living it, we understand why things are the way they are at present that people from other parts of the free world do not.

People from other parts of the free world are not the targets of this administration's domestic policies, for instance. This is a truism, but people here are.

We're in a country with a 150+ year of Confederate states and neo-Confederacy, which means the vast majority of the party that now happily hosts Confederate flag wavers are succeptible to anti-US government propaganda.

So though you didn't ask me, my view is that whether or not this country will recover from Trump remains to be seen. What people in other countries can do is encourage your American friends to vote in this midterm. I like the #votelikeblackwomen hashtag but we are a numerical minority that simply does not have the numbers to pull us through the Trump era, not with all the flagrant GOP/conservative white voter suppression of all minorities and particularly African American voters, happening.

Stop calling the cops on us.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dunno. We're still part of the UN Security Council, and one of the five permanent members.

We haven't been kicked out of the G8 - yet. Is Trump doing everything possible to alienate all our allies and partners? Seems other than Netanyahu - yeah.

I guess I would say this. What the hell is the free world anymore, it's hard to figure out, a lot of countries are moving away from freedom, not just us, it was something defined as a geopolitical bloc to contend against the Soviet Union and the Iron Curtain, neither of which exist anymore. Yes, Putin is putting something together weird called the Eurasian Union and who knows WTF is up with that.

The U.S. isn't leading anywhere or anything. That said, well, IMHO, as long as we have nuclear weapons, and a lot of them, we can still tell much of the rest of the world to jump, and the answer will be how high.

Ehhhh. Dunno. My crystal ball is hazy. They say America was never an empire, but shit, we put a satrap named Paul Bremer in charge of Iraq and we sure treat Puerto Rico like a colony.

If the American empire is dying, well good. America could do as Jimmy Carter wanted and provide leadership for the world on ideals like democracy and human rights.

Well, look, other than continuing some bogus ass rhetoric about it, we ain't doing it anymore. Trump's America hugs dictators and thugs, and won't apologize for it. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 pm 

Again, I can't say I have done historical research on this one. I only have my father's story, and no in this case haven't dug into verification.

The Canadians would not allow American blacks on the base, because, they claimed, American black soldiers there a few years earlier had committed some rapes on townsfolk nearby.

According to pop, the only black person on the base at Ft. Churchill was an Afro-Canadian dentist.

Anyway, from the history books, I have read of the time when deGaulle came to Quebec, think this was around 1967 at Montreal Expo? ... and proclaimed "Vive Le Quebec Libre".

It's good you admit this, Stoonie usually seemed to deny there was any mistreatment of Franco-Canadians in Canada ... which makes me wonder, I mean, separatist/independence movements never come from nowhere. Now - of course - that's 'ethnic' conflict, not 'racial'.

smiles i'm afraid i'm on the english side not the quebec side. "long live free quebec" i think that means and it would be about 3 years after that when the FLQ put out their manifesto, took hostages and killed a politician. afraid most of western canada has always maintained a let them go if they want to go attitude.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, look, on the one hand, there's been a history of people in Quebec mistreating their own native populations, anti-Semitism, and making their own anglophone minorities uncomfortable. Also, I'm not a supporter of Quebec independence/separatism. But ...

But ...

https://minorityrights.org/minorities/french-canadians/

The PQ and the Bloc express the grievances of many French Canadians who feel they are in a subordinate position in the country they helped found. Outside Quebec, many French-speakers feel marginalized, ignored and under pressure to assimilate into English Canadian culture. Within Quebec, many see independence from Canada as the culmination of more than 200 years of resistance to the British conquest of French Canada between 1759 and 1763. After this conquest, attempts were made to assimilate the French. They were forced to swear allegiance to the Crown; British authorities refused to recognize the Roman Catholic religion; and French administrative structures were eliminated.

[snip]

Difficult economic conditions and political discontent prompted a major rebellion by French Canadians in 1837-8. British forces defeated the rebels in a bloody military campaign, executing many of their leaders and deporting others. An inquiry for the British government by Lord Durham found ‘two nations at war within one state'. Durham viewed French Canadians with contempt and recommended that they be assimilated. The resulting Union Act of 1840 curtailed what limited political power French Canadians had won back; the French language was not permitted in the colony's legislative assembly; British immigration was encouraged and, within a decade, the descendants of the French settlers were in the minority.

[snip][end]

Again, I don't see their grievances as without basis ... no one likes eliminative/assimilationist pressure against their language and culture ... francophones in Canada, Hispanics in the U.S. ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:27 pm 

But we already know what we're up against regarding the Trump administration, because we're living it daily. As people living it, we understand why things are the way they are at present that people from other parts of the free world do not.

i don't believe that to be true. we see and read your news. we see trump supporters here come out of the darkness and into the light. we see you backsliding to 1950's because old white men are feeling insecure and threatened because they are becoming the minority and will stop at nothing to hold their power. we see your government disregard our planet by changing environmental laws and ignore new technologies. there is a ripple effect that filters down to other countries.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 pm 

The U.S. isn't leading anywhere or anything. That said, well, IMHO, as long as we have nuclear weapons, and a lot of them, we can still tell much of the rest of the world to jump, and the answer will be how high.

china has a lot as well. they also have 1.4 billion people. you have like 325 million.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

I concur with that sentiment, lucy.

Trump isn't leading the rest of the world, except for maybe his fellow-travelers of right populism/nativism in Europe and the Americas, which seem to be forming their own curious kind of international anti-globalist alliance.

Whereas under Obama, the U.S. was cooperating with other nations to solve global ecological and other problems, Trump just whines about how much the U.S. is being screwed by the rest of the world.

When you think about it, that sounds just as stupid as Donald claiming that throughout his life, he has always been the unfortunate victim of everybody else who has crossed his path. :roll:

The only example we're setting for the rest of the world is negative, see: Brexit.

I guess I'd be fine with the Chinese led world, BTW, except the party bosses in Beijing are distinctly dishonest, authoritarian, and in their own way, bullies (see: South China Sea).

Oh yeah, and they massacre their own people. See: Tianenmen Square. So there's that.

Hmmm. I guess I might point out what they've done in Tibet is also quite distinctly shitty, so there's that, too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 pm 

Well, look, on the one hand, there's been a history of people in Quebec mistreating their own native populations, anti-Semitism, and making their own anglophone minorities uncomfortable. Also, I'm not a supporter of Quebec independence/separatism. But ...

But ...

https://minorityrights.org/minorities/french-canadians/

The PQ and the Bloc express the grievances of many French Canadians who feel they are in a subordinate position in the country they helped found. Outside Quebec, many French-speakers feel marginalized, ignored and under pressure to assimilate into English Canadian culture. Within Quebec, many see independence from Canada as the culmination of more than 200 years of resistance to the British conquest of French Canada between 1759 and 1763. After this conquest, attempts were made to assimilate the French. They were forced to swear allegiance to the Crown; British authorities refused to recognize the Roman Catholic religion; and French administrative structures were eliminated.

[snip]

Difficult economic conditions and political discontent prompted a major rebellion by French Canadians in 1837-8. British forces defeated the rebels in a bloody military campaign, executing many of their leaders and deporting others. An inquiry for the British government by Lord Durham found ‘two nations at war within one state'. Durham viewed French Canadians with contempt and recommended that they be assimilated. The resulting Union Act of 1840 curtailed what limited political power French Canadians had won back; the French language was not permitted in the colony's legislative assembly; British immigration was encouraged and, within a decade, the descendants of the French settlers were in the minority.

[snip][end]

Again, I don't see their grievances as without basis ... no one likes eliminative/assimilationist pressure against their language and culture ... francophones in Canada, Hispanics in the U.S. ...

i dunno what happened in the 1800 with quebec but in my lifetime they have done nothing but support terrorist (FLQ) bitch and spend other provinces money. at one point we made all our signs (like stop signs etc) bilingual. it cost a fortune and was needless. and they voted to stay or go and that cost a fortune and they stayed. total waste of money.

i have no problem with them speaking french at all. and fwiw after they voted to stay their demanding things like bilingual signs arrete.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:58 pm 

Whereas under Obama, the U.S. was cooperating with other nations to solve global ecological and other problems, Trump just whines about how much the U.S. is being screwed by the rest of the world.

snip

The only example we're setting for the rest of the world is negative, see: Brexit.

I guess I'd be fine with the Chinese led world, BTW, except the party bosses in Beijing are distinctly dishonest, authoritarian, and in their own way, bullies (see: South China Sea).

Oh yeah, and they massacre their own people. See: Tianenmen Square. So there's that.

Hmmm. I guess I might point out what they've done in Tibet is also quite distinctly shitty, so there's that, too.

i so miss obama, it was a pleasure to have him as leader of the free world.

i'm not fine with china either but right now it is the lesser of 2 evils. they are doing remarkable work on a global scale.

but saudi and russia and and and have to be kept in check and usa is failing big league :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:07 am 
Board Emeritus

i don't believe that to be true. we see and read your news. we see trump supporters here come out of the darkness and into the light. we see you backsliding to 1950's because old white men are feeling insecure and threatened because they are becoming the minority and will stop at nothing to hold their power. we see your government disregard our planet by changing environmental laws and ignore new technologies. there is a ripple effect that filters down to other countries.

Well some of the rest of the world does, anyway.

And unless they're reading from India, they're not reading from a democracy anywhere near as large in the US in both population and land mass. (And India's another democratic country with a violent far-right extremist problem even more impacted than ours - they just floated outlawing professors criticizing the government.) My experience with most people who want to comment on US politics lack knowledge and understanding about specific similarities and differences between state and local regions, but that's purely anecdotal.

Many people actually living under these conditions firsthand vote not simply for ourselves but based in part on that ripple effect. Something like how I vote in every election because politicians from my city often end up at the state and federal level. Those not living here don't have any better perspective on it because they're abroad, just a different one. Please join us in encouraging your American friends and colleagues to vote.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:08 am 
Board Emeritus

i dunno what happened in the 1800 with quebec but in my lifetime they have done nothing but support terrorist (FLQ) bitch and spend other provinces money. at one point we made all our signs (like stop signs etc) bilingual. it cost a fortune and was needless. and they voted to stay or go and that cost a fortune and they stayed. total waste of money.

Reminds me of two things.

The Basques/ETA in Spain. Lots of Spanish people say they have no problem with Basques, and it's just their arrogance and annoying nature that makes them want independence. And how dare they use terrorism. I mean, there couldn't possibly be any history of discrimination against them. Oh, plus they're welfare bums on the national dime.

And, living in Miami, how often people bitch about our bilingual signs, or that ballots are available in three languages - English, Spanish, and Kreyol. Such a waste of money. There was a recent case in another state where a woman attacked some other person for speaking Spanish. Crazy. Might not happen in Miami because they're creeping toward becoming the demographic majority, but it's happening elsewhere.

We often talk about racial conflict, but ethnic conflict is real, as is ethnic discrimination. Language and culture and religion - all closely intertwined. (I mention religion, because of course one dimension of this is Francophone Canadians are usually Catholic, and Anglophone Canadians - WASPs, the last P being Protestant.)

This I find really funny. Both Francophone and Anglophone Canadians are "white," but Anglophone Canadians racialize their differences ... and tell Francophones to "speak white". It reminds me of how the eugenics movement also racialized differences between Western and Eastern/Southern Europeans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_White

Speak White is a racist insult used by English-speaking Canadians against those who speak other languages in public, especially French Canadians.

[snip][end]

BTW, there is also a history of Francophobia in the U.S., going back to the American Revolution. See: XYZ Affair. Or more recently, Freedom Fries.

I think it has some of the same roots. Anti-Catholicism being one of them. I guess, of course, one could also point out the French and English fought wars for a lot of centuries, it's why there's a Monty Python sketch about it.... "I fart in your general direction, Anglish!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:24 am 
Board Emeritus

https://www.everyculture.com/wc/Brazil- ... dians.html

The social status of French Canadians has historically been lower than that of the English-speaking majority. Traditionally, they have not been as well educated and have suffered widespread discrimination.

A major concern of French Canadians today is the preservation of their culture and language against the threat of assimilation into English-speaking North America. In both Quebec and the Maritimes, the drain of resources caused by emigration to other parts of Canada and to the United States is also a concern.

[snip][end]

BTW ... everybody knows where "Cajuns" like James Carville come from originally, right? They were "Acadian" French-Canadians who fled Canada for Louisiana. See: "Evangeline" by Longfellow.

Last time I looked at the stats, Francophone Canadians had higher poverty and unemployment, and lower HS graduation rates than the Anglophones. It's interesting. Anglo-Canadians usually say it's because they are backward, provincial, and insular. IOW, their fault. Oh, and it's only THEM that are the bigots against others (esp. Anglophones).

This reminds me of other situations.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:58 am 
Board Emeritus

https://www.everyculture.com/wc/Brazil-to-Congo-Republic-of/French-Canadians.html

The social status of French Canadians has historically been lower than that of the English-speaking majority. Traditionally, they have not been as well educated and have suffered widespread discrimination.

A major concern of French Canadians today is the preservation of their culture and language against the threat of assimilation into English-speaking North America. In both Quebec and the Maritimes, the drain of resources caused by emigration to other parts of Canada and to the United States is also a concern.

[snip][end]

BTW ... everybody knows where "Cajuns" like James Carville come from originally, right? They were "Acadian" French-Canadians who fled Canada for Louisiana. See: "Evangeline" by Longfellow.

Last time I looked at the stats, Francophone Canadians had higher poverty and unemployment, and lower HS graduation rates than the Anglophones. It's interesting. Anglo-Canadians usually say it's because they are backward, provincial, and insular. IOW, their fault. Oh, and it's only THEM that are the bigots against others (esp. Anglophones).

This reminds me of other situations.

Nice to know that arrogant moral superiority is universal as opposed to being a singularly American trait. But not surprising.

Humans, meh.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:11 am 
Board Emeritus

Like you say, America is unexceptional.

And by that, I mean, to those of us who look at things comparatively, not even unusual in terms of things like ethnocentrism, occasional jingoism, and bigotry.

Canada was settled (primarily) by WASPs, the U.S. (primarily) by WASPs - same tribe.

We're not even exceptionally arrogant. I expect if other nations had militaries our size and nuclear weapons, they would have tried to be "leaders of the free world" as well. And insisted the UN be in one of their cities.

There was that Cold War thing.

IMHO, this is exactly Russia's geopolitical game at the moment, though it no longer has anything to do with communism. Just global reach and power. A rivalry of superpowers, but it has nothing to do anymore with capitalism vs. communism. Russia gave up on the latter a long time ago. Putin's party represents white, Christian (Russian Orthodox), Russian (ethnicity) ethno-nationalism. It's not for no reason some people call him a neo-Tsar.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:38 am 
Board Emeritus

People from other parts of the free world are not the targets of this administration's domestic policies, for instance. This is a truism, but people here are.

We're in a country with a 150+ year of Confederate states and neo-Confederacy, which means the vast majority of the party that now happily hosts Confederate flag wavers are succeptible to anti-US government propaganda.

So though you didn't ask me, my view is that whether or not this country will recover from Trump remains to be seen. What people in other countries can do is encourage your American friends to vote in this midterm. I like the #votelikeblackwomen hashtag but we are a numerical minority that simply does not have the numbers to pull us through the Trump era, not with all the flagrant GOP/conservative white voter suppression of all minorities and particularly African American voters, happening.

It's not that I disagree with any of this, carmen...I'm sure you know that by now.

But to be honest, I don't see the problem in this country being the Trump administration. I see the problem being that 47% of Americans now approve of him. For a while I was thinking that the 46% of the vote he got in 2016 as a bit of an abberation...and that two years of everybody being able to clearly see the depravity, inhumanity, victimization of the innocent, and his endless ridicule of decent people who oppose him...would have extracted their heads from out of their asses. But it has only increased his popularity.

If current polling with it's +/- structure is accurate...the country is 47% full of assholes. Therein lies the problem. If one supports Trump or the party that allows him to maintain power and enact his subhuman executive orders...then one is an asshole. Anybody with a Roskam sign on their front lawn in my neighborhood is an asshole. Discussion over.

"In god we trust" is no longer the motto of this country. The motto of this country is "I don't care who gets fucked over for me to get what's in it for me."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:00 am 
Board Emeritus

It's not that I disagree with any of this, carmen...I'm sure you know that by now.

But to be honest, I don't see the problem in this country being the Trump administration. I see the problem being that 47% of Americans now approve of him. For a while I was thinking that the 46% of the vote he got in 2016 as a bit of an abberation...and that two years of everybody being able to clearly see the depravity, inhumanity, victimization of the innocent, and his endless ridicule of decent people who oppose him...would have extracted their heads from out of their asses. But it has only increased his popularity.

If current polling with it's +/- structure is accurate...the country is 47% full of assholes. Therein lies the problem. If one supports Trump or the party that allows him to maintain power and enact his subhuman executive orders...then one is an asshole. Anybody with a Roskam sign on their front lawn in my neighborhood is an asshole. Discussion over.

"In god we trust" is no longer the motto of this country. The motto of this country is "I don't care who gets fucked over for me to get what's in it for me."

Yeah it's a bit like I said in this comment viewtopic.php?p=428601#p428601

Already, there are reports of irregularities in electronic voting machines in 4 Georgia counties, ie changing D votes to R. And apart from the 47% confederates, were this any other Nation, the UN would be in here with election monitors in at least 10 states.:problem:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:04 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah it's a bit like I said in this comment viewtopic.php?p=428601#p428601

Already, there are reports of irregularities in electronic voting machines in 4 Georgia counties, ie changing D votes to R. And apart from the 47% confederates, were this any other Nation, the UN would be in here with election monitors in at least 10 states.:problem:

How is Brian Kemp, GA Sec. of State, the official responsible for the election process in GA, and Republican candidate for GA governor. not sitting in an FBI interrogation room?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:13 am 
Board Emeritus

How is Brian Kemp, GA Sec. of State, the official responsible for the election process in GA, and Republican candidate for GA governor. not sitting in an FBI interrogation room?

It's really incredible. This clown is being sued by multiple parties. The Abrams campaign has called for him to resign, not that he would, but it had to be done. I hope people are also watching Kobach in Kansas, who's in a similar position. After all, that's the guy who even came up with the crosscheck tactics Kemp is also using.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:27 am 
Board Emeritus

Like you say, America is unexceptional.

And by that, I mean, to those of us who look at things comparatively, not even unusual in terms of things like ethnocentrism, occasional jingoism, and bigotry.

Canada was settled (primarily) by WASPs, the U.S. (primarily) by WASPs - same tribe.

We're not even exceptionally arrogant. I expect if other nations had militaries our size and nuclear weapons, they would have tried to be "leaders of the free world" as well. And insisted the UN be in one of their cities.

There was that Cold War thing.

IMHO, this is exactly Russia's geopolitical game at the moment, though it no longer has anything to do with communism. Just global reach and power. A rivalry of superpowers, but it has nothing to do anymore with capitalism vs. communism. Russia gave up on the latter a long time ago. Putin's party represents white, Christian (Russian Orthodox), Russian (ethnicity) ethno-nationalism. It's not for no reason some people call him a neo-Tsar.

Agree completely. I would wager that there are many in Russia who have pictures of Putin in their living room right next to pictures of Uncle Joe.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:50 am 
Board Emeritus

It's really incredible. This clown is being sued by multiple parties. The Abrams campaign has called for him to resign, not that he would, but it had to be done. I hope people are also watching Kobach in Kansas, who's in a similar position. After all, that's the guy who even came up with the crosscheck tactics Kemp is also using.

When he steals the election, and he will, WHAT will be done, if the answer is nothing then this thing is over.

If they can do that, this democracy thing is over.

I wish I had won the mega so I could somehow get people to the polls by the millions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

When he steals the election, and he will, WHAT will be done, if the answer is nothing then this thing is over.

If they can do that, this democracy thing is over.

I wish I had won the mega so I could somehow get people to the polls by the millions.

Yeah it was already being stolen, and is being stolen right now, right in the headlines.

Conservative whites can't win this without cheating. Their policies aren't strong enough, so they resort to 1965 tactics. Hopefully this time they'll leave out the police brutality and murder. :problem:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next