RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

San Francisco firefighters quickly jumped on a “very fierce” fire in a Financial District residential high-rise Monday afternoon, which displaced residents from 30 apartments.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ ... 328020.php

The fire broke out at 5:15 p.m. in a 25-story building at 405 Davis Court near Washington Street, a part of the Gateway complex of apartments and town houses. It began on the 12th floor and quickly spread to the 16th floor in the rear corner of the building.

It took firefights about 45-Minutes to put out the fire. There were no reports of casualities.

The Gateway Complex was built in 1965. The cause of the fire remains unknown. It is not known when the Safeway Store that leases space on ground floor of the building will reopen.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

I've worked in that building, down in the Safeway store and up on the roof where the condensers are.

It's of that old modern architecture which was popular at the time. Shopping in a setting with a bit of a sunken garden feel, there's more than a Safeway down there it's like small mall. I think I recall a parking garage down there too.

I wonder why they thought to say they didn't know when the Store was going to reopen when what I would think would be of larger concern is about the people who rent apartments are facing.

The store does have coolant pipes passing through the burned floors, perhaps they were damaged. But still on the first day of reporting why talk about that store.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

I've worked in that building, down in the Safeway store and up on the roof where the condensers are.

It's of that old modern architecture which was popular at the time. Shopping in a setting with a bit of a sunken garden feel, there's more than a Safeway down there it's like small mall. I think I recall a parking garage down there too.

I wonder why they thought to say they didn't know when the Store was going to reopen when what I would think would be of larger concern is about the people who rent apartments are facing.

The store does have coolant pipes passing through the burned floors, perhaps they were damaged. But still on the first day of reporting why talk about that store.

Safeway is money maker I guess. As they say, Money Talks and Bullshit Walks.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.