RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

That has got to be the question of the year. The real kicker.

I guess I would be rendered speechless at first encounter. I sure would stop whatever I was doing to stare.

After that initial period of non-response had passed I suppose I would try to put it in perspective. Somewhere in that I suppose I would feel relief that the person(s) shouting that were shouting that instead of poking around in graveyards looking for Hitlers corpse. Clothes pin hold thy nose tight for the thought of it, can you imagine the stench.

:|

I think it would be kind of like that ostrich I saw along one of my counties roads last week, it would be memorable sight and I would tell people I had seen it.

Folks chanting fuck Hitler. Wow!

Yeah, I bet.

:problem:

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

An African Ostrich.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

An African Ostrich.

Your point being...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

It was there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes, we must go beyond Trump. We must go beyond the Republican Party.

We stand in interesting times. The concept of MAGA implies that America has declined. And, indeed, America has declined. However, this has nothing to do with immigrants, people of color, border security or any such nonsense. It has to do with a political economy incapable of continuing a position of dominance in the world followed by a group of people with a deficiency of skin pigment losing dominance in that same political economy. The first can be dealt with for the relief of all from the standpoint of altering the how, why, when and where of who gets what. In other words the concept of communitarian. The second will take much longer to deal with as it relates to the continued passing on of hatred.

We most certainly can start with relegating the Republican Party to the ash heap of history. It no longer signifies anything to do with alleged American values. It has entered endgame whether or not it loses the House and/or the Senate. It offers nothing. Because it cannot offer anything.

At some point in time either in the near future or the more distant future America will cease to occupy center stage if this has already not occurred. This is not unusual as history has shown this to have happened many times in the past. The difference is that it is occurring relatively soon after ascension to center stage. America squandered its opportunity. That opportunity once gone cannot return.

That more than anything is what the Republican Party is attempting to do. It is attempting to say "we can go back in time to the late '40's and the '50's when we stood astride the earth". No, we cannot.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:22 am 
Policy Wonk

Trump's racial divisiveness plays well on TV. But he wins because of gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Quote:
President Donald Trump didn’t create our crisis of confidence in one another; he capitalized on it. And now he is appealing to what he assumes are Americans' crass selfishness and greed as he touts the state of the economy and the gains in the stock market at small-scale reenactments of his 2016 MAGA rallies. He is aiming to stoke fears and anxieties among his base with his talk of crime and the so-called ominous “caravan” of criminals and terrorists threatening our border — an old conservative trope, that the supposed barbarians are at the gates.

Over the last two years, we have been inundated with Trump’s antics and Republican policies, and the 24-hour news cycle and social media keep him in front of our faces daily. In the political theater he has created, he now plays the race card with his “America First” message, hoping that it can help Republicans keep control of Congress

But voters across the country must hold a firm grip on reality because, for the first time since Donald Trump took control of the executive branch and the Republican Party, Americans across the country have an opportunity to make their voices heard at the ballot box. And they need to remember, now and after this election, that it wasn’t Trump’s message that worked in 2016. It was voter suppression, gerrymandering and the Electoral College.............

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:23 am 
Board Emeritus

1. You're defending Trump again and playing games with politics. There are MANY republicans that want to see Trump gone and they are voting for Dems these midterms to place checks on him. They know what's at stake.

2. There are actual thread topics on here about the use of the word "mob" by the right wing. I started one such thread quite awhile back (you don't read much so you either missed or ignored it)when I noticed they started using the word, which is 100 percent certifiable projection, as outlined by Carmen. The fact that you're doing it here just proves once again that you have zero ability to think for yourself, and you're very obviously easily programmed by right wing propaganda and talking points, which you very obviously spend a lot time consuming. It would be amusing if it was so utterly sad and pathetic seeing people such as yourself so completely brainwashed.

I am neither defending Trump nor am I calling dems a mob. What I am doing is saying what the electorate response will be if the new House has far to many hearings.

Selective editing by CJ completely changed the context of what I wrote. But, doing that us much easier than addressing the actual context.

Which is the Dems should stick to 3 hearings and no more than 5. Pick topics that hit home with the general population. The way the check scandal did. Then drive home the facts of those hearings

To many hearings will make Trump look likeva sympathetic figure and the dems look like a mob. Or a vast left wing conspiracy.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am neither defending Trump nor am I calling dems a mob. What I am doing is saying what the electorate response will be if the new House has far to many hearings.

Selective editing by CJ completely changed the context of what I wrote. But, doing that us much easier than addressing the actual context.

Which is the Dems should stick to 3 hearings and no more than 5. Pick topics that hit home with the general population. The way the check scandal did. Then drive home the facts of those hearings

To many hearings will make Trump look likeva sympathetic figure and the dems look like a mob. Or a vast left wing conspiracy.

If you're cross about the "desperate mob" "coined phrase," you should actually be grateful that's all I addressed, given that what you said was:

Quote:
That way to coin a phrase it doesn't look as if the Dems are desperate mob who can't get over losing the WH to Trump.
viewtopic.php?p=430526#p430526

:roll:

Your coined phrase and so-called context is pure untarnished parroted Fox/Breitbart/@realdonaldtrump propaganda, directly out of St. Petersberg. There was nothing false, misleading, or inaccurate in my reply, either.

"Losing to Trump" is not the issue and never was, it's the filthy, xenophobic, immigrant-baiting, earth-destroying, feckless white con policies enacted by this person and your party that does everything he tells you to. You'll vote for it all again, tomorrow, too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you're cross about the "desperate mob" "coined phrase," you should actually be grateful that's all I addressed, given that what you said was:

viewtopic.php?p=430526#p430526

:roll:

Your coined phrase and so-called context is pure untarnished parroted Fox/Breitbart/@realdonaldtrump propaganda, directly out of St. Petersberg. There was nothing false, misleading, or inaccurate in my reply, either.

"Losing to Trump" is not the issue and never was, it's the filthy, xenophobic, immigrant-baiting, earth-destroying, feckless white con policies enacted by this person and your party that does everything he tells you to. You'll vote for it all again, tomorrow, too.

I stand by what I wrote. To better explain that is not my belief. But it is the belief of Trump supporters and with to many hearings it will be what the right claims and be much easier for the general population to believe.

Again that is if we have to many hearings and the chairmen of those hearings are falling all over each other for tv face time

Fewer hearings well run about more serious charges will be way more effective

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

I stand by what I wrote. To better explain that is not my belief. But it is the belief of Trump supporters and with to many hearings it will be what the right claims and be much easier for the general population to believe.

I see.

But who do you think will actually be trying to please them or will be interested in their perceptions??

Quote:
Again that is if we have to many hearings and the chairmen of those hearings are falling all over each other for tv face time

Fewer hearings well run about more serious charges will be way more effective

That word, again. :problem: You'll be voting for all of Donald Trump's sycophants and policies tomorrow (if you haven't already), because Republicans have made Donald Trump synonymous with Republican.

You do seem to be getting ahead of yourself with premature resentments, which I find kind of interesting. The vote doesn't start getting counted until tomorrow night. And already, you're dripping with rage against the chairmen of hearings.

May I ask why you're so bent about these charimen you imagine?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

con is concerned about investigations while supporting Benghazi and email investigations...both known to be a ruse, and he knows it

fuck him, traitor

after tomorrow i dont know if we will even have an internet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

con is concerned about investigations while supporting Benghazi and email investigations...both known to be a ruse, and he knows it

fuck him, traitor

after tomorrow i dont know if we will even have an internet

I hope we will. I also hope these unhooded vigilantes/Republicans don't run around shooting up the joint, trying to torch minority parts of town like they used to, if they lose...or if they win.

Given their mass-murder just over the past two weeks alone, I could very easily see them doing it in either case.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm way past drumpf. He's a symptom, not a cause.

For the first time I can remember, most generalizations about Republicans are actually true. There are a few who broke with the party and now write best selling books about how dumb it is, and the rest fall in lockstep with their masters on the glowing screen. There are a few who don't especially like their latest masters, but they vote for them anyway. Hup two three four. They should count cadence on the way to the polls.

We're a bunch of stupid shits
WE'RE A BUNCH OF STUPID SHITS
We believe a bunch of shit
WE BELIEVE A BUNCH OF SHIT
Sound off
ONE TWO
Sound off
THREE... uhhh... what comes next... oh yeah, FOUR

Last edited by ZoWie on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

For the first time I can remember, most generalizations about Republicans are actually true. There are a few who broke with the party and now write best selling books about how dumb it is, and the rest fall in lockstep. They should count cadence on the way to the polls.

Sound off
ONE TWO
Sound off

Fortunately the D party is thinking the same thing, ignore the child and run on the issues, the ENTIRE party is doing that and THAT is why we are leading.

The "Democrats need to run on something other than anti Trump" tweets and posts at DU by KGB are getting fewer by the day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

A coherent body of policy can be the stuff of lockstep, yes, and if articulated right it can win elections. In general, though, Democrats are still more like herded cats.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

A coherent body of policy can be the stuff of lockstep, yes, and if articulated right it can win elections. In general, though, Democrats are still more like herded cats.

Oh, you said "cats" , i was gonna yell at you but now I see your point.

I was just in line at coffee again, asked the question and she said most of her 20 something friends ARE talking about the election and ARE voting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 pm 
Policy Wonk

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Stalking the Healed Future - Rebeccah Bennett

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:35 am 
Policy Wonk

Our Democracy is Under Attack! Voter Suppression and Disenfranchisement in America

Quote:
..........There are, in fact, fewer voting rights today than there were 50 years ago when the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act were passed. Since 2010, 23 states have passed racist voter suppression laws, including racist gerrymandering and redistricting laws that make it harder to register, reduced early voting days and hours, purging voter rolls, and more restrictive voter ID laws. Following the Shelby County v. Holder Supreme Court case, which gutted key provisions of the Voting Rights Act, 14 states had new voting restrictions in place before the 2016 Presidential election and there were 868 fewer polling places across the country.

While these laws have disproportionately targeted Black people at least 17 states saw voter suppression cases targeting American Indian and Alaskan Native voters in 2016.

Further, there are nearly 20 million immigrants in this country who cannot vote. Of the approximately 11.09 million undocumented immigrants in this country (as of 2014) at least 8.5 million cannot vote. There are also 11.9 million immigrants with green cards, 76% are over the age of 18, which adds to another 9.44 million immigrants who cannot vote.

In addition, 6.1 million people have been disenfranchised due to felony convictions, including one in 13 Black adults.

Below are some of what we have heard from people struggling against these immoral and undemocratic conditions across the country................

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Green party candidate tells supporters DONT vote for me, they do anyway

ASSHOLES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

If the media doesn’t get some language other than left vs right & start challenging those who say people fighting for healthcare, living wages & voting rights are somehow extreme, they will again be enablers to the re-election of Trump. ------Rev. Dr. Barber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

living with it is the only option.
getting better on a Personal Level From it, groper-gate, is a long term process.

this guy and all his leeches have destroyed most of what mericans knew as day to day life.
he has sucked the oxygen and daylight from all news sources from all info sources, from
all our time.
its MY time and i aint giving it to him.

as a country the next 100years will be spent writing books and research on HOW THE FUCK
this creepy leechy smarmy bankrupt split personality got in the WH and WHY.

well it'll be less than 100years since we wont have any food to eat in the next 20years.
but i digress.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

living with it is the only option.
getting better on a Personal Level From it, groper-gate, is a long term process.

this guy and all his leeches have destroyed most of what mericans knew as day to day life.
he has sucked the oxygen and daylight from all news sources from all info sources, from
all our time.
its MY time and i aint giving it to him.

as a country the next 100years will be spent writing books and research on HOW THE FUCK
this creepy leechy smarmy bankrupt split personality got in the WH and WHY.

well it'll be less than 100years since we wont have any food to eat in the next 20years.
but i digress.

I think its because some people are partial to the economic extremism that is so hurtful to the countries balances and checks on power in the same way trump is partial to white supremacy when it serves his interest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

For the first time I can remember, most generalizations about Republicans are actually true. There are a few who broke with the party and now write best selling books about how dumb it is, and the rest fall in lockstep with their masters on the glowing screen. There are a few who don't especially like their latest masters, but they vote for them anyway. Hup two three four. They should count cadence on the way to the polls.

Sound off
ONE TWO
Sound off

That's right. When we are rid of Trump we will still have 90% of registered Republicans who still approve of him in the spring of 2019, and we will still have the 46% of all Americans who voted for him in the fall of 2016. And we will still have 6 out of 10 white Americans who voted for him...which means I will still be ashamed of, and at odds with, my race.

The country is as fucked up as it was when Nixon made his "silent majority" speech in 1968 and had an approval rating pushing 70%. Maybe more fucked up. After going through the Vietnam war years, I really didn't think that was possible. I thought the days of being at odds with the majority of people I have to share good air with were over. "Look how wrong you can be."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 am 
Board Emeritus

There's definitely noting extreme about fighting for voting rights (or the other two things for that matter).

But one thing's for sure - it's clear which party is backing their defense and expansion through HR1, and which party is fighting it. McConnell won't even allow HR1 to be considered in the Senate.

There's one objection by McConnell I find really interesting. Yes, it is a vigorous defense of dark money and Citizens United.

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/18/18188150/ ... n-bill-hr1

McConnell writes that disclosing who is spending money in elections, and a constitutional amendment overturning Citizens United, would be a blow to free speech and free association. The 2010 Supreme Court decision on Citizens United in effect was a ruling giving corporations the same powers as citizens when it came to political spending. “Under this bill, you’d keep your right to free association as long as your private associations were broadcast to everyone,” McConnell said.

[snip][end]

I know this upset certain liber-rarians, but McConnell is wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm 
Policy Wonk

This Modern World