RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

I mentioned this Op-Ed in the Mid-Terms Thread, but in the wake of Blue Tsunami that washed over California it is important to understand how the once Powerful California GOP has become a laughing stock of American Politics.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/ope ... 393401.php.

Former California Assembly Minority Kristin Olsen was one the dying breed of Republicans in California who actually tried to work with Dems.

"While the rest of the nation saw a mix of Republican and Democrat victories, we in California experienced a blue tsunami. It looks as if Democrats will win nearly every target seat, including some in districts that have been historically considered “safe” for Republicans.

Republican principles used to be about helping other. We believed in lifting people up out of poverty by giving them robust and free economic opportunities and by providing a world-class education. We stood for giving people the freedom to run their own lives and businesses without undue government interference
".

45 has laid waste to a once great Political Party. Which was his intention.

There was a time when No Self-Respecting Republican would have ever bowed and scrapped to a Russian Dictator.

There was a time when no Self-Respecting Republican would have personally insulted a Foreign Head of State like President of France (time to remind Board Cons of the fact it France who was one of first supporters of American Independence and has our Ally for over 300-Years).

There was a time when no Self-Respecting Republican would Personally Attack the Prime Minister of Great Britain.

There was a time when no Self-Respecting Republican would actively engage in Voter Suppression (It the Late Great Senator Everett M. Dirksen R-Il who carried both the American Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act across the finish line).

There was a time when no Self-Respecting Republican would have ever supported taking children by their parents by Force of Arms and putting those Children in Concentration Camps.

There was a time when no Self-Respecting Republican would ever have accepted the support of White Nationalists or called the KKK/Neo-Nazi's "Fine People".

45 came into office (with Russian Assistance) with the goal of destroying the Republican Party and he has succeeded.

The California GOP has gone from late Senator George Murhpy (song and dance man) to Duncan Hunter.

It will decades for the California GOP and the National Party to recover from what has been done. But needs to hammered at the GOP time and again. You did this to yourself. You are the victims of your own self-inflicted embrace of Rabid White Nationalism.

The GOP needs to understand that Voter Demographics are changing. The Rich White Conservative Voter is dying.

And with them will die the GOP.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

We had quite a state wide wave. The appearance of a lot of straight ticket vetoing based on preliminary numbers, with indications that the late arriving mail votes are skewing strongly in that way for Democrats.

That title "The GOP Is Dead In California" I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. Might have been in 2006, 2008, or 2010 even, 2012, maybe not in 2014 and 2016.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

There are huge swaths of California full of assholes. The GOP will never be dead in California.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

There are huge swaths of California full of assholes. The GOP will never be dead in California.

True, and racism is alive and well in CA as everywhere else.

But the more blue a state becomes, especially one with such power and value as CA, the more of a direct enemy they become to the guy in charge, Putin.

Putin has more money than any living being but wants to be able to BOTH spend that money and make sure NOBODY else can spend money that he doesnt want to, sort of :lol:

Hard to put in words what a pile of vile filth like putin or rump want, it is so dark and terrible, so many millions may die in the process. Billions even if they get their way with the climate.

So I fear for CA, the stronger she becomes the bigger the target on her back by ALL republicans ALL russian KGB operatives.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

I wouldn't invite either of you two to a birthday party. By half way through if you had your way, you'd have the other guests fearing for their lives, or disgusted about their lives.

And then you'd say it was all for their own good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

p.s.

I have this idea, what would happen if we didnt respond to trolling posts or people who support the KGB and rump...would they eventually go away?

I do it all the time on DU primarily because if you come out strong PRO D party there you can get in trouble quick.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

They're never gonna die because of this dirty tricks they lost it again last week they're bound to pull another dirty stunt again.

California lawmaker recalled, stops Democratic supermajority

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Orange County-area state senator who voted to raise gas taxes is out of a job after Tuesday’s primary election, denying Senate Democrats a supermajority for the rest of the year.

Democratic state Sen. Josh Newman will be replaced by former Republican Assemblywoman Ling Ling Chang after he was recalled for voting to raise gas taxes last year.

https://apnews.com/606a99d2790d4b3887ea12455a71aa44

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

They're never gonna die because of this dirty tricks they lost it again last week they're bound to pull another dirty stunt again.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Orange County-area state senator who voted to raise gas taxes is out of a job after Tuesday’s primary election, denying Senate Democrats a supermajority for the rest of the year.

Democratic state Sen. Josh Newman will be replaced by former Republican Assemblywoman Ling Ling Chang after he was recalled for voting to raise gas taxes last year.

Carl DeMaio, former San Diego City councilman and failed mayoral candidate, who led the Repeal the Gas Tax initiative (which failed) has stated his group will initiate recall of state Sen. Anthony Portantino, who represents the eastern San Fernando Valley, and state Sen. Richard Roth of northwestern Riverside County. DeMaio is betting on lower voter turnout in recall elections, in which more republicans will vote, to change the state legislature.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

The article you post is dated June 6, 2018. Here is one dated November 12, 2018.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... 386151.php

California Democrats have in fact regained their Super Majority.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

I wouldn't invite either of you two to a birthday party. By half way through if you had your way, you'd have the other guests fearing for their lives, or disgusted about their lives.

As opposed to Sam who would be relationship building with Dr. Mengele on the way to the Zyklon B shower room.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

As opposed to Sam who would be relationship building with Dr. Mengele on the way to the Zyklon B shower room.

Imagine that remark coming moments before the singing of Happy Birthday. The candles would most likely be extinguished prematurely for lack of Oxygen in the room. No chance of luck being bestowed on the birthday person for having blown them out.

Big Bummer! :|

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is pure trolling.

But you have a history of accusing people you disagree with of being Nazi's

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is pure trolling.

But you have a history of accusing people you disagree with of being Nazi's

Y'know what...a fucking insult was pitched at me by the forum attention whore and I responded in kind.

And it's none of yourbfucking business. You're just pissed off about my posts in the HRC thread and my OP on Ilhan Omar and her bullshit comments about the state of Israel.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Y'know what...a fucking insult was pitched at me by the forum attention whore and I responded in kind.

And it's none of yourbfucking business. You're just pissed off about my posts in the HRC thread and my OP on Ilhan Omar and her bullshit comments about the state of Israel.

YOU know Ike.

Your fall back is call people who disagree with (myself included) Nazi's. For the record, you are just as much an "Attention Whore" as Sam is.

I have a host of problem with Sam, but he has never presented himself as a Fascist and you know it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am 
Board Emeritus

YOU know Ike.

Your fall back is call people who disagree with (myself included) Nazi's. For the record, you are just as much an "Attention Whore" as Sam is.

I have a host of problem with Sam, but he has never presented himself as a Fascist and you know it.

And I have never called Sam (or you) a nazi or a fascist on this forum and you fucking know it. You're very quick to call people "liar" on this forum. Let's see if you're as quick when the liar is you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.

As it stands now, the only seat not flipped is Duncan Hunter. The O.C. is now totally blue. Which means six of seven seats targeted by Dems did flip.

Californians will figure greatly in the New House Majority.

Looking at 2020, 45 will have an even greater hill vote wise. I doubt 45 will be primaried. Nor do I think Senator Harris will run, she is smart enough to know she is not ready. Swawell is just making for noise sake of making noise, he was also talking about running for Speaker.

Republicans in the Central Valley need to wake up....following 45 ain't the answer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nancy KICKED ASS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeh...after you've had your ass handed to you on a plate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeh...after you've had your ass handed to you on a plate.

If and when that ever happens I will be sure to let you know.

As it stands, you are way off....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

And I have never called Sam (or you) a nazi or a fascist on this forum and you fucking know it. You're very quick to call people "liar" on this forum. Let's see if you're as quick when the liar is you.

I will address this one last time.

One. You accused ME of a Nazi. I dared to disagree over the Treatment Palestinians and the murder of infant in a fire. In fact, you as much blamed the death of child on his father. Visiting the sins of the Father on to the child.

You accused Sam of being a Nazi.

That is your old worn out go to.

Personally, I find more it lame and very sad to the point ludicrous that in end, that is all you have.

I known more than my share Racists, even met a Nazi. They are sad pathetic lot.

But calling a peson a Nazi because simply because you disagree with them is pointless.

And you are really good at pointless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Moving on.

The shake up will continue for a while. Several local races remain yet to be settled. One race in California, for the office of Insurance Commissioner is settled. Ricardo Lara beat Steve Poizner. Poizner tried running as an Independent (former Chair CAREP and ran for Governor as a Republican and failed)

Lara ran political ad of Poizner running for Governor talking deny helth care undocumenteds....

The Latino Vote was huge.

Last edited by marindem on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

As it stands now, the only seat not flipped is Duncan Hunter. The O.C. is now totally blue. Which means six of seven seats targeted by Dems did flip.

Californians will figure greatly in the New House Majority.

Duncan Hunter won with 52.14% of the vote. In 2016, he won with 63.37% of the vote. In 2014, he won with 71.19% of the vote. He's been losing ground steadily before he was indicted and I predict he'll be found guilty but he'll still run for reelection while awaiting an appeal. He was challenged in this year's primary by the mayor of El Cajon mainly to ensure republicans keep that seat. The mayor will run in the primary in 2020 and win and he'll probably win the seat in the general election because that district is overwhelmingly republican.

Quote:
Looking at 2020, 45 will have an even greater hill vote wise. I doubt 45 will be primaried. Nor do I think Senator Harris will run, she is smart enough to know she is not ready. Swawell is just making for noise sake of making noise, he was also talking about running for Speaker.

I don't think Trump will want to run for reelection but if he does I think Nikki Haley will run against Trump in the primary to set herself up for 2024.

Quote:
Republicans in the Central Valley need to wake up....following 45 ain't the answer.

Give them time and they'll figure it out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think Senator Harris is running, and is in the running.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

I will address this one last time.

One. You accused ME of a Nazi. I dared to disagree over the Treatment Palestinians and the murder of infant in a fire. In fact, you as much blamed the death of child on his father. Visiting the sins of the Father on to the child.

You accused Sam of being a Nazi.

Lie number one, justme... I called you an anti-Semite. Which I continue to believe is accurate...you know why.

Lie number two. I do not recall calling Sam a nazi. But if you have a post where I did, I will issue an amend to Sam.

I dont know what to say about your last comment since it doesnt make any sense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

The map of California for Republicans looks sad. Cons that should have won lost. Cons that did win have Dems breating down their necks.

Not one Republican holds Statewide Office. The attempted Repeal of The Gas Tax (NO ON 6), which was suppose to drive Republicans to the Polls was an epic failure.

The Hispanic Vote in California is way up, as is the African-American and Asian-American Vote.

The once solid Red O.C. is now deep blue.

The Republican Delegation to the House of Representatives is in single-digits.

Yes, Duncan Hunter got reelected, but he is facing Federal Jail Time and will not be able to serve out his term.

The Number of Democrats elected to the House created the largest shift of power in the House since 1974.

Not bad for one Mid-Term...not bad at all.