RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1064638098204762113

Quote:
Chicago Police: "At least one possible offender is shot," and "officers are doing a methodical search of Mercy Hospital."

We are going to continue to have mass shootings several times a WEEK so we need one thread.

Anywhere else in the world the guns would be gone by now, but we will ADD more here. AT some point we will all be shooting at each other. Instead of idiocracy, it will be gunocracy or something

This particular GOP shooting is active.

ALL shootings are on behalf of the GOP and every person who votes GOP is guilty of every injury and death caused by a gun not used by a police officer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:19 pm 
Policy Wonk

Libertas wrote:
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1064638098204762113

We are going to continue to have mass shootings several times a WEEK so we need one thread.

Anywhere else in the world the guns would be gone by now, but we will ADD more here. AT some point we will all be shooting at each other. Instead of idiocracy, it will be gunocracy or something

This particular GOP shooting is active.

ALL shootings are on behalf of the GOP and every person who votes GOP is guilty of every injury and death caused by a gun not used by a police officer.

maybe there is a relation to mercy that by giving it out first society gets it back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

1 dead, 4 shot in downtown Denver

DENVER – The Denver Police are on the scene of a shooting in downtown Denver where one person is dead and four others were taken to the hospital.

The shooting happened at about 4:00 p.m. near the intersection of 21st and Lawrence streets in LoDo.

https://koaa.com/news/covering-colorado ... wn-denver/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looking for mercy.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Peter Gabriel dedicated his song "Mercy Street", from his 1986 album So, to Sexton.[29] She has been described as a "personal touchstone" for Morrissey, former lead singer and lyricist of The Smiths.[30] She is commemorated on the Boston Women's Heritage Trail.[31]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:00 am 
Board Emeritus

Save time, hook up to the master list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... es_in_2018 It will refresh every time this link is clicked.

The Mercy Hospital, and the Denver shootings are already listed. They're fast.

There's been 18 mass shootings in the 19 days so far in November. There were 29 during the 31 days of October.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:29 am 
Policy Wonk

Little did I know that a rather goofy 1971 film ("Little Murders") would end up being a bit prophetic.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Gunman dead and 2 wounded -- including 12-year-old girl -- in Alabama mall shooting

(CNN) A Thanksgiving night shooting at Alabama's largest enclosed mall left a gunman dead and two people -- including a 12-year-old girl -- injured, authorities said, and sent terrified shoppers running for safety.

The incident at the Riverchase Galleria in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover started with a fight between an 18-year-old and the 21-year-old gunman, police said. The confrontation occurred in the mall shortly before 10 p.m. (11 p.m. ET), near the Footaction and JC Penney stores on the second level.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/23/us/alaba ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Gunman dead and 2 wounded -- including 12-year-old girl -- in Alabama mall shooting

(CNN) A Thanksgiving night shooting at Alabama's largest enclosed mall left a gunman dead and two people -- including a 12-year-old girl -- injured, authorities said, and sent terrified shoppers running for safety.

The incident at the Riverchase Galleria in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover started with a fight between an 18-year-old and the 21-year-old gunman, police said. The confrontation occurred in the mall shortly before 10 p.m. (11 p.m. ET), near the Footaction and JC Penney stores on the second level.

That:>>"Riverchase Galleria in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover"<<:is a hell of a where.

I looked up images because I wanted to see it. It turns out its a hell of an architectural monument to capitalism at its height. As I looked at the detail work in the soaring atrium there I could almost feel old Atlas shrug. I'm talking era World Fair 1939.

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

1939 World's Fair Moderne is somehow compelling to today's sensibility. I don't know why, but it is. It's just so out there, Machine Age on drugs.

-----------

Black Friday begins on Thursday now, and apparently so does first blood.

Be safe out there in this wretched culture.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

It appears to be "all the rage in Birmingham."

BTW that is a slight modification of a line in a Vaughn Meader skit, from his Have Some Nuts album. A skit where his radio voices were playing a father the KKK local grand dragon, was taking his son to buy is first sheet. At some point the imperial wizard appeared in the skit as well.

It turns out when the dry goods clerk showed the son silk chiffon sheets while remarking that they were "all the rage in Birmingham" the imperial wizard and the son came out of their closet.

There was no going back. The skit ended with the clerk remarking to the dad that he could just think of it this way: "You haven't lost a son, you gained a daughter."

Then I guess the father and son/daughter departed from the store to go on to a lumber store to buy that lumber and kerosene he'd been talking about buying, because they were set on ridin that night.

Here it is on YouTube, vintage 1963:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

ap215 wrote:

black friday shopping shooting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:38 pm 
Policy Wonk

Black Man Killed by Officer in Alabama Mall Shooting Was Not the Gunman, Police Now Say

Quote:
...........“We regret that our initial media release was not totally accurate, but new evidence indicates that it was not,” the police said, adding that the conclusion was based on interviews with witnesses and “critical evidentiary items.”

In their initial statement on Friday, the police said uniformed officers who were providing security at the mall “encountered a suspect brandishing a pistol and shot him.” It was not clear whether the officers believed Mr. Bradford fired or intended to fire before he was killed.............

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 am 
Board Emeritus

T&P all 'round.

Outlaw handguns and assault weapons. A country that would put Donald Trump in the White House, put Cindy Hyde-Smith in the Senate, give Arthur Jones 25% of the vote for a US House seat, and put a self-pitying, pathologically lying, sexual assault perpetrating, sniveling weasel on the Supreme Court, is not mature enough to be afforded a 2nd Amendment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:06 am 
Board Emeritus

T&P all 'round.

Outlaw handguns and assault weapons. A country that would put Donald Trump in the White House, put Cindy Hyde-Smith in the Senate, give Arthur Jones 25% of the vote for a US House seat, and put a self-pitying, pathologically lying, sexual assault perpetrating, sniveling weasel on the Supreme Court, is not mature enough to be afforded a 2nd Amendment.

Ha, I hope the next D president floats something about "clarifying" the 2nd Amendment. :lol:

But then, I shouldn't really laugh. Were that ever to happen, we know the first part of town the murder-minded among the conservative whites will come on their way to the barrio, the gay ghetto, and the border.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ha, I hope the next D president floats something about "clarifying" the 2nd Amendment. :lol:

But then, I shouldn't really laugh. Were that ever to happen, we know the first part of town the murder-minded among the conservative whites will come on their way to the barrio, the gay ghetto, and the border.

Nothing makes me quite as gut sick as this country's tradition of glorified democratized gun carnage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

It is amazing, isn't it? In a lot of countries, there is some kind of guerrilla war going on. Here, the war is of our own making.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

It is amazing, isn't it? In a lot of countries, there is some kind of guerrilla war going on. Here, the war is of our own making.

There is obviously a big problem with the way the founders set this thing up to operate. It's pretty amazing that nobody thought to question Jefferson when he said "All men are created equal."

But as I type this I'm thinking there is a bigger problem with the dominant species on the planet. Sure there are random acts of kindness...even occasionally heroic acts by members of our species. But in the main...it's on us that this is the barbarous world that it is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nothing makes me quite as gut sick as this country's tradition of glorified democratized gun carnage.

Yes and the day this thread was started, there were three mass shootings. Three.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes and the day this thread was started, there were three mass shootings. Three.

GOP and NRA answer is more guns and more types of guns.

I asked this question a long long time ago, around the time I said

all GOP are traitors and killers
Rump is the dumbest adult human alive
and many many other things I took heaps of shit for

"If you have a choice of a country with up to 25 guns PER PERSON or NO guns AT ALL, which do you choose?"

Easy one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/sta ... 9356148736

Quote:
Police Respond to Report of Active Shooter at Walter Reed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

And this motherfucker perp in the Mercy Hospital shooting...he bushwacks his ex-girlfriend (who's a physician) in the hospital parking lot and assassinates her for having the good sense to drop his sick fucking ass like a bad habit. But that's not enough...he's gotta walk into the hospital and kill two more people, just for shits and giggles.

And we have so many alleged progressive allies who will not support the outlawing of handguns and assault weapons. If every goddam alleged liberal democrat rose up, like we did against the Vietnam war, and demanded that all handguns and assault weapons, firearms that are good for nuthin' but put a man six feet in a hole, be removed from the hands of a culture too fucking infantile to manage them...nobody would be able to stop it. We would have a Constitutional Amendment in a year. Just like the year it took the Brits to outlaw this shit after their single mass school shooting at the Dunblane Primary School in 1996.

What this 5 cent cigar needs is a good country.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Even if I completely agreed with you, Ike, and I'm most of the way (I'd ban large-capacity magazines for semi-automatic pistols and long guns, tomorrow), short of amending the 2nd amendment, how do you propose getting what you want past a post-Heller SCOTUS that would clearly strike it down?

Is your proposal that a "critical mass" of liberals could strike down or amend the 2nd amendment? It would seem to me we have to do that. Even if I think the SCOTUS is interpreting it incorrectly, and I do believe so, they have ruled ... only other path is a massive change in the Court.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Even if I completely agreed with you, Ike, and I'm most of the way (I'd ban large-capacity magazines for semi-automatic pistols and long guns, tomorrow), short of amending the 2nd amendment, how do you propose getting what you want past a post-Heller SCOTUS that would clearly strike it down?

Is your proposal that a "critical mass" of liberals could strike down or amend the 2nd amendment? It would seem to me we have to do that. Even if I think the SCOTUS is interpreting it incorrectly, and I do believe so, they have ruled ... only other path is a massive change in the Court.

I'm saying that we can debate and speculate on possibilities. Like we did on the possibility of the people of this country forcing the politicians to end the Vietnam war. But we were out in the streets in 1968 anyway...even though there wasnt a snowball's
chance in hell of making a dent. Sitting around bemoaning our post-Heller SCOTUS isnt going to do a fucking thing.

But the people of this country are fucking spoiled and fucking lazy. So we settle for T & P.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

K. You hope for the impossible, I'll settle for politicians enacting legislation that the SCOTUS won't strike down, because even Scalia accepted there could be some gun control in his ruling.

Hate me for trying to do the possible we could do, maybe even starting in January.

I agree there's tough times ahead in the Senate, and a douchebag in the WH with a veto pen, but still, in that range, you never know what can happen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

False alarm they are saying now as to Walter Reed.

Heller is a joke, decided by someone paid off by the NRA who is paid for by gun manufacturers.

We all know what the 2nd says, and of course there is zero right to own a firearm outside of a militia. Changing this is not going to happen short of a whole bunch of SC justices suddenly coming down with a deadly disease.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next