RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

She endorsed Bernie in 2016 and there was discussion that she might be Sanders' VP. She has been critical of our foreign policies in certain ways, and this has deluded people into believing she is a "antiwar" candidate whereas I encourage people to look at her actual statements on things like the war on terror/ISIS.

This has caused a lot of people to overlook a lot of things. I will leave it at that.

I'm not overlooking that she was almost offered a Cabinet post by Trump, and seemed willing to take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

She endorsed Bernie in 2016 and there was discussion that she might be Sanders' VP. She has been critical of our foreign policies in certain ways, and this has deluded people into believing she is a "antiwar" candidate whereas I encourage people to look at her actual statements on things like the war on terror/ISIS.

This has caused a lot of people to overlook a lot of things. I will leave it at that.

I'm not overlooking that she was almost offered a Cabinet post by Trump, and seemed willing to take it.

One of these days, I wonder if people will want to have the discussion about the KGB and their 50 year campaign to install spies into our society.

Whether this person is one or that one, is something I cant PROVE obviously but we have to decide the actions of someone EITHER means they do work for putin or might as well.

And let's face it, many Americans will gladly work on behalf of putin even without pay as putin, like them, is a white supremacist nationalist who hates all minorities or all POC or all non xtians, etc. Putin sees rightwing xtians as his supporters. I wonder if he himself is an atheist.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Add one more name to the mix as Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) has formed an "Exploratory Committee", which means she is getting ready to run for the White House.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/01/14 ... -2020.html

On Friday 01/04/19 glenfs called Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib "Classless" for saying "IMPEACH THE MOTHER FUCKER" (45). Yet when 45 boasts about grabbing Women "By The Pussy" glen is quiet. Hypocrisy at it's worst.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 am 
Board Emeritus

Kamala Harris is officially running.

What? Did you think I would take away the chance for Sam to gush it first? :rw)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:45 pm 
Policy Wonk

Saying that on DU will get you labeled a gop troll

I'm likely though in the great majority in this country.

As I get older I suppose I'm becoming more conservative but stressing diversity over winning is clearly
stupid. You've got to win the election and win back the white house before you can get change. Winning
the white house would force Mitch McConnell to filibuster the new President's agenda instead of not
allowed a vote on the senate floor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Kamala Harris is officially running.

What? Did you think I would take away the chance for Sam to gush it first? :rw)

I did gush it first. What was it, years, many months,,, a long time ago.

:)

I don't think it was a far back as when Obama was working on TPP. But I was trying to get her to run that far back. That was when that issue which has surfaced again now, that of jailing parents of truant children was concerning GoUnion. Wikipedia's write up of it at the time was an out of context smear.

Since that issue is being dredged up again. I saw it in an article last week, I need to dredge up the context which was ignored then to make a quote by her into a smear.

This is the video which cleared that issue up, it's the quote in it's context:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

It's that good. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

She's got some innovative ideas in criminal justice reform. Alternative sentencing. I dig it. You can tell she's put some thought into them. Yes, yes, how about only getting tough on crime that actually has victims?

I think I've finally found a candidate who might be willing to stop this war on people drugs nonsense.

I like people with innovative ideas. I hope she goes far.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:04 am 
Board Emeritus

That was a 2009 book tour. It was how she ran for Attorney General the first time. It was also what caused me to first notice her.

In 2009 I was saying she would someday be President.

Here's a 25 page preview of her 2009 book:

Smart on Crime: A Career Prosecutor's Plan to Make Us Safer

https://books.google.com/books/about/Sm ... &q&f=false

It got her 4,443,000 votes. The Republican was expected to win that one, he didn't. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:34 am 
Board Emeritus

So the question is, is America ready for its first openly ...

declared candidate named Buttigieg?

Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg jumps into 2020 race
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/politics ... index.html

OK. I admit it. I'm clowning around.

But if you won't let me dance, I ain't coming to your revolution.

He would be another historic first. I hope we will see our first openly gay POTUS someday.

But come on, the late night comedians are gonna have fun with that last name up until November of 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dem Richard Ojeda drops out of presidential race

West Virginia state Sen. Richard Ojeda (D) ended his 2020 presidential campaign Friday, saying it would be difficult to continue to ask people to donate to a campaign with little chance of success.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ntial-race

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

"I like a self aware man" -- Denzel Washington, Remember the Titans.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Kamala Harris, for the people

That's how she's going to run. Not slinking around trying to not call attention to the fact that she once was a tough prosecutor. Law and order and rebuilding faith in the system will be sorely needed during the aftermath of Trump.

So there. :D

Those who attack her from the left for her prosecutorial roots will be sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) is pitching herself as Democrats’ top anti-war voice and a serious progressive in her bid for the party’s 2020 presidential nomination. But even as she spent years decrying American military interventions abroad and money’s role in politics, as a congresswoman she accepted donations worth more than $100,000 from the country’s biggest producers of bombs, planes and weapons systems.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tu ... 663f5bfa69.

Gabbard talks a lot "Aloha" and the spirit of "Aloha". As often as I have visited Oahu I have never heard that word associated with War or the Weapons of War.

Scratch her from the card.

On Friday 01/04/19 glenfs called Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib "Classless" for saying "IMPEACH THE MOTHER FUCKER" (45). Yet when 45 boasts about grabbing Women "By The Pussy" glen is quiet. Hypocrisy at it's worst.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would say her main ideology is opportunist.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:17 am 
Policy Wonk

Booker's in.....

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/01/67657894 ... nt-in-2020

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:44 am 
Board Emeritus

So the question is, is America ready for its first openly ...

declared candidate named Buttigieg?

OK. I admit it. I'm clowning around.

But if you won't let me dance, I ain't coming to your revolution.

He would be another historic first. I hope we will see our first openly gay POTUS someday.

But come on, the late night comedians are gonna have fun with that last name up until November of 2020.

He is running to make money in speaking fees and book tours. He will forever be known as the first openly gsy man to run.

Even though he has as much chance of winning as any of us here do

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:27 am 
Board Emeritus

I would say her main ideology is opportunist.

What my Dad would have called, "A Cheap Suit Democrat". Ideology based the size of a donor's wallet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

BUMP!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Warn me before you do the bump next time Marindem. My head liked to smack into the padded overhead cushion. Who know what if the sun roof had been open.

:|

I saw this at Politico:

Quote:
O’Rourke, who told POLITICO recently his decision could “potentially” take months, said, “There are people who are smarter on this stuff and study this stuff and are following this and say you’ve got to do it this way or get in by this point or get in in this way if you were to get in.”

However, he said, “I think the truth is that nobody knows right now the rules on any of this stuff. I think the rules are being written in the moment.”

What that tells me is O’Rourke's planning on telling us what his smarter than him people tell him to say. Very Impressive!

:|

It seems like they need very impressive leadership at our local county land fill, their door is open. Always open, it fell off of its guide tracks and got all bent up. They piled it up in a heap out back.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/ ... 20-1142895

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 am 
Board Emeritus

So...if Tulsi Gabbard can work actively for an antii-gay organization, have a long list of anti-gay comments in her resume and we will still vote for her if the DNC was stupid enough to actually give her the nomination...what's the big fucking deal over Ralph Northram?

I have long believed that accusations of being anti-Semitic, or anti-gay is considerably less damaging to one's political career than accusations of being a flat out racist.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:53 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, well, there's that, and ... so much else, like meeting with Marie Colvin's murderer Bashar al-Assad, hanging with BJP supporters in the U.S., her ties to Chris Butler ...

BTW, she called one of her Dem opponents a "homosexual extremist" and advocated for conversion therapy. Just so we know where she 'evolved' from.

Can't see her getting the nomination, and anyway, there's no earthly way I'd vote for her in the primary, especially now when there are so many better alternatives.

Prediction: her campaign is ALREADY in disarray, and she will fade fast.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Let's not forget her affiliation with Hindu nationalist groups.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:49 pm 

That was a 2009 book tour. It was how she ran for Attorney General the first time. It was also what caused me to first notice her.

In 2009 I was saying she would someday be President.

Here's a 25 page preview of her 2009 book:

Smart on Crime: A Career Prosecutor's Plan to Make Us Safer

https://books.google.com/books/about/Sm ... &q&f=false

It got her 4,443,000 votes. The Republican was expected to win that one, he didn't. :)

thanx man....very interesting....she seems to be weathering the storm well so far....

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.
LYNDON B. JOHNSON, 1960

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:51 pm 

Never ceases to amaze me the audacity of the mediocre white male....no matter how mediocre, would try to be elected to the highest office in the land....

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.
LYNDON B. JOHNSON, 1960

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Never ceases to amaze me the audacity of the mediocre white male....no matter how mediocre, would try to be elected to the highest office in the land....

We are a rabidly racist, rabidly misogynistic society.

And other stuff too, homophobic.

As far as we have come on these fronts, there is still a very large number of outright racists and equal number of closet racists in all areas of life. The DIFFERENCE between the democrat who is a racist and the republican is NO MATTER how racist they may or may not be in their personal life or beliefs, their PARTY affiliation more often than not governs how they affect their community.

The worst democrat will be at least on the right side 40% of the time while the best republican maybe 5%. A well meaning republican cant legislate that way, look at Flake, they will get their asses handed to them instantly if they EVER help the patriots, the good guys and gals, i.e. liberals.

This VA thing, DAMN lucky a democrat takes over if he resigns, because if not, no matter how racist he is, BY PARTY DEFINITION he will be better than any republican.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next