Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am now in favor of the wall, by the way

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christo_and_Jeanne-Claude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Christo took his stuff down after a set time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's a fun art form. :)

He took it down or the wind would have.

Theo Jansen’s mobile wind lifeforms are the next evolutionary step from Christo's more like plant lifeforms.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:41 pm 
Policy Wonk

Sam Lefthand wrote:
It's a fun art form. :)

He took it down or the wind would have.

Theo Jansen’s mobile wind lifeforms are the next evolutionary step from Christo's more like plant lifeforms.

wow that is cool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lets be honest. The wall isn't about terrorism. It is one more wrench in the tool box to help keep illegal aliens from coming here and taking jobs that could be helping poor americans and legal aliens enter the work force.

I am personally for enhancing our fence and wall already in place and expanding it. Not coast to coast but I am sure a few additional hundred miles would help.

However the fact is we need none of that to keep illegals from coming here. Simply pass laws that make the criminal and civil penalties for hiring undocumented immigrants so fierce that no company or person would dare risk doing so.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Humanitarian Crisis at our Southern Border. I just got back and it is a far worse situation than almost anyone would understand, an invasion! I have been there numerous times - The Democrats, Cryin’ Chuck and Nancy don’t know how bad and dangerous it is for our ENTIRE COUNTRY....

Imagine if a democrat fear mongered and lied like this, we would have a civil war overnight.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

What would it take for you to support the wall?

My current price is DACA citizenship and a higher minimum wage tied to inflation. I don't think much of this will get built by this President anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lets be honest. The wall isn't about terrorism. It is one more wrench in the tool box to help keep illegal aliens from coming here and taking jobs that could be helping poor americans and legal aliens enter the work force.

I am personally for enhancing our fence and wall already in place and expanding it. Not coast to coast but I am sure a few additional hundred miles would help.

However the fact is we need none of that to keep illegals from coming here. Simply pass laws that make the criminal and civil penalties for hiring undocumented immigrants so fierce that no company or person would dare risk doing so.

Lying ass scumbag bigot. Adults with their children who are seeking asylum are not illegal. In fact they are protected by a treaty between this country and over one hundred others. Your president and your congressional republicans are all taking a giant loose shit on treaties made in good faith in an attempt to protect innocent people from the likes of the people you put in office.

You are a real first rate, third rate guy, glen.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Imagine if a democrat fear mongered and lied like this, we would have a civil war overnight.

Ya right.

The Bundy's talked a big game too. Then they surrendered. There are no actual RWers willing to die for their values. Certainly not enough to cause a civil war.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm 
Policy Wonk

Did a 1950s TV Episode Feature a Character Named Trump Who Offered to Build a Protective Wall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1D2ynASqe4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

So how does it stop all the undocumented immigrants who don't come here across the southern border? Oh right - not at all.

Quote:

You know, since this talking point repeatedly comes up. Yes, many Democrats voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006. But words matter. That law was never intended to create a concrete wall across the entire border.

It created about 300 miles of pedestrian fence (which is definitely not 55 feet high) and about 350 miles of vehicle barriers. Remember, the border is 2000 miles long.

IOW, no, they never voted for "walls" or "a wall" (across the entire border) before.

Quote:
Simply pass laws that make the criminal and civil penalties for hiring undocumented immigrants so fierce that no company or person would dare risk doing so.

E-Verify is already the law. It may be once again a case of lack of enforcement, and prevalence of evasion.

Oddly, one entity apparently evading the laws against hiring undocumented immigrants is the Trump Organizations and its resorts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

I support some technological improvements to border security. I'm willing to trade those for DACA.

We have no need for a concrete structure or steel-slatted one across the border, nor could one really be built in many places. Issues of terrain, and eminent domain. Plus it won't work.

We could enhance some of the existing fencing in some areas. I could see that. That has nothing to do with what Trump is talking about or asking for.

Oh, and one more thing: the shutdown should have ended yesterday, or never began, whichever comes first. It is ridiculous and Trump has zero reason to keep it going other than using it as infantile terrorism to accede to his hostage taking.

We can negotiate, but let's do it with the full government reopened.

No emergency exists, so no, he also should not be able to do anything with fictitious "emergency powers".

Last edited by ProfessorX on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Most foreign nations (aliens) illegally here came on tourist visas and overstayed their visas. There are a large number of illegal aliens who didn't use a visa or passport but crossed the border without going through the ports of entry; in other words illegally. In vast majority of the illegal aliens came here for economic reasons because there are American employers willing to hire undocumented aliens because they'll work for less than Americans. The state and federal governments need to start enforcing the law on employers hiring undocumented aliens by imposing heavy fines and jailing the employers.

Quote:

There are areas where a fence can be a deterrent or a barrier and other areas where a wall is useless. The idea of hundreds of miles of a border wall is a political problem, not a real problem.

Quote:

I agree, but since our government is bought by business and other special interest groups dependent upon undocumented aliens the chance of that happening is almost nil.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Wall over my _ _ _ _ body.

No patriot would tolerate a white supremacy wall.

No decent person would.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lets be honest.

Conservative whites aren't honest with yourselves about anything.

Quote:
The wall isn't about terrorism. It is one more wrench in the tool box to help keep illegal aliens from coming here and taking jobs that could be helping poor americans and legal aliens enter the work force.

:roll:

The wall isn't about jobs any more than it or the Muslim ban is about terrorism. The wall is about your racism against nonwhites and specifically against Latinos and Arabs, be they Muslim or Christian.

You guys haven't even bothered to update your 1800s rhetoric you trotted out against Asians and southern and eastern Europeans. Only you guys aren't able to recognize it, though. The rest of us do.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Wall over my _ _ _ _ body.

No patriot would tolerate a white supremacy wall.

No decent person would.

They don't care about jobs, they don't care about the economy, they don't care about terrorism, they don't care about MS13, they don't care about drugs, they don't care about crime, they don't care about rapists since they voted for one; all they care about is one thing: getting back at nonwhites.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

They don't care about jobs, they don't care about the economy, they don't care about terrorism, they don't care about MS13, they don't care about drugs, they don't care about crime, they don't care about rapists since they voted for one; all they care about is one thing: getting back at nonwhites.

Dobbs admits it in that link you had.

Fucking worse than rumpers are the ones who want to appease them who should fucking know better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not
one
god
damned
thing
ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not
one
god
damned
thing
ever

I cant believe the question was asked , sigh

Oh well, confirms what I knew already.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dobbs admits it in that link you had.

Fucking worse than rumpers are the ones who want to appease them who should fucking know better.

Yes nonwhites and "the recalcitrant left." Meaning, people who won't do as conservative whites say.

Lou Dobbs: Trump has to "declare a national emergency, and simply sweep aside the recalcitrant left in this country" - Media Matters

It's also good to take note of the capitulators, conformists, and wafflers around us. The conservative whites are writeoffs; they'll sell their own grandmothers to the wolves. The ones we have to be concerned about are the ones willing to get in bed with literal fascist enablers and propagandists. It's how people ended up down rivers, and on train cars to the Polish countryside.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Whether or not they care about them,

Immigrants (even undocumented ones) actually contribute to jobs and the economy. Remember, undocumented people buy stuff, pay sales taxes, and through the usual Keynesian methods, create more jobs through their demand for products and services.

Their lie about terrorists, [at least more than 6 (who were on watch lists - not necessarily coming here to do it)], getting caught at the border, was exposed.

We need to have a discussion about drugs that is bigger than this, not only about whether to stop them at the border, but whether this whole obsessive focus on "warring" and interdiction is actually working - anywhere.

There actually seems to be an inverse relationship between undocumented immigrants and crime (violent/rape/etc., especially).

MS-13 is actually a Salvadoran export from people we put in prison, and then deported back to El Salvador. IOW, we partially created it through our often wrong-headed deportation policies.

I care about facts, so I point this stuff out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

And it is interesting, why do these whites so hate and fear POC?

If it isnt because they fear competing with them, what possible reason could it be?

CJ opened my eyes to this years ago, it never occurred to this white/str8t/protestant male and had to be pointed out to me. I say protestant in that I am an atheist but not Jewish or whatever, since antisemitism is so popular these days.

Speaking of antisemitism it is only recently spell checkers on the internet recognized that word

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

And it is interesting, why do these whites so hate and fear POC?

Because...

they fully
know
what
they
did
to
us

and to themselves, in the process. Can't dehumanize other human beings without first dehumanizing yourself. That's my take on it, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

This oddly reminds me of the Deadwood show on HBO, the horrific treatment of Women, Chinese, Black people back in the cowboy days.

The way they talked about and treated other whites who were different in some manner, Irish or whatever, was bad also. But FAR worse for non white. Shows me how we got here in a vivid way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

My current price is DACA citizenship and a higher minimum wage tied to inflation. I don't think much of this will get built by this President anyway.

Wow, looks like Rev. Dr. Barber has been reading my posts.