RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

GOP blocking House Intel Committee from giving Mueller possible perjury info by not naming members

How to keep a Special Counsel from getting info he needs to indict Republicans for lying to Congress? Easy: keep the new Dem-controlled House Committee that has the goods from commencing operations by not assigning any Republican representatives to it.

Mueller could have all transcripts from all witnesses by Wednesday if the GOP would appoint the members by Monday, according to a Dem aide. But so far, not a single one has been named.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1 ... n=trending

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Michael Cohen agrees to testify February 8 behind closed doors, House Intel chairman says
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/28/politics ... index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen has agreed to testify behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee next month, the committee announced Monday.

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff of California announced that Cohen would testify before the intelligence panel on February 8. Cohen was initially scheduled to appear in an open hearing before the House Oversight Committee one day earlier, but he abruptly announced last week he was postponing his scheduled congressional testimony, citing "ongoing threats against his family" from Trump and the President's attorney, Rudy Giuliani.

[snip][end]

Closed session means ... well, the only way you and I will hear about anything he says are leaks. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Michael Cohen agrees to testify February 8 behind closed doors, House Intel chairman says
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/28/politics ... index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen has agreed to testify behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee next month, the committee announced Monday.

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff of California announced that Cohen would testify before the intelligence panel on February 8. Cohen was initially scheduled to appear in an open hearing before the House Oversight Committee one day earlier, but he abruptly announced last week he was postponing his scheduled congressional testimony, citing "ongoing threats against his family" from Trump and the President's attorney, Rudy Giuliani.

[snip][end]

Closed session means ... well, the only way you and I will hear about anything he says are leaks. :D

AS Jill Winebanks often says it was when WE the people were able to SEE the testimony of the Watergate criminals that WE became enraged enough to demand justice with the prick. SEEING them say under oath what a traitor rump is, how others did horrible things, this is NECESSARY.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Whitaker is telling MSNBC the investigation is all but over.
That sure as fuck better not be true.

If it were true it would have his and the kgb assets fingerprints all over it, shutting it down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

Yeah, I remember various folks in the Drumptler admin, including Agent Orange himself, announcing that the investigation is "winding down" almost immediately after we even knew it existed. I'm not sure what they hope to gain with their dumb lies.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I remember various folks in the Drumptler admin, including Agent Orange himself, announcing that the investigation is "winding down" almost immediately after we even knew it existed. I'm not sure what they hope to gain with their dumb lies.

I will be honest, if someone high up doesnt get indicted, I will be fit to be tied.

WE have more than enough proof of conspiracy, treason, obstruction. Lying to congress by several rump family members including the traitor himself as well as others.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

Yes, if the President was a Democrat, I'm sure he'd be in jail already. The existence of vast wads of money seems to hurry or slow justice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have to admit surprise if Mueller doesn't indict the POTUS (because, he may simply go with current DOJ guidance on it), but also doesn't recommend his impeachment on obstruction of justice, violations of campaign finance law, and violations of the emoluments clause. The first one, BTW, was the primary charge against Nixon in the articles that were never finalized, since he resigned.

I don't know if they believe in a case of collusion/conspiracy with Russia they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt, so I actually don't expect that, even though it's all Twitler twits about.

Bear in mind, even after we had the tapes, we couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt Nixon ordered the Watergate break-in personally. But we had him on the cover-up. I, of course, personally believe he did order it, but it was never proven, ironclad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Whitaker is telling MSNBC the investigation is all but over.
That sure as fuck better not be true.

If it were true it would have his and the kgb assets fingerprints all over it, shutting it down.

Look at Whitaker and you can see the flop sweat. He knew he was crossing a line and tried to find an easy end to the answer. Also note, the spokeswoman ended the presser right after that question.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

His sweaty forehead reminded me a lot of the Martin Short "Nervous Guy" 60 Minutes character on SNL.

"Nervous? I'm not nervous!" (as sweat flops down his face) ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

His sweaty forehead reminded me a lot of the Martin Short "Nervous Guy" 60 Minutes character on SNL.

"Nervous? I'm not nervous!" (as sweat flops down his face) ...

Martin Short? Please, Don Knotts nailed it on the old Steve Allen Show.
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looks to me like another notation in the obstruction of justice column.

There's that, and the story that the illegal negotiations Michael Flynn was making with the Saudis over nuclear tech transfer are ongoing, even to today.

NYT: Trump asked Whitaker if he could put prosecutor in charge of Cohen probe
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/politics ... index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump asked then-acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker if a US attorney he appointed could oversee an investigation tied to himself after the US attorney in question had already recused himself from the probe, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

[snip]

Kerri Kupec, a spokeswoman for the Justice Department, said Whitaker told the House Judiciary Committee earlier this month that "'at no time has the White House asked for nor have I provided any promises or commitments concerning the special counsel's investigation or any other investigation.' Mr. Whitaker stands by his testimony," she said. When pressed directly by House Judiciary Committee members about any conversations with the President about the southern district of New York investigation Whitaker refused to answer.

[snip]

Trump's then-Attorney General Sessions went on to appoint Geoffrey Berman, a former law partner of Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani, to lead the high-profile office. CNN reported after the federal raid on Cohen last year that Berman had been recused from the probe.

[snip][end]

Dunno, why this point isn't made more explicitly in the article, but Berman is the person Trump asked Whitaker to appoint. Despite this earlier recusal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

AS seen on DU

and I laughed and thought of professor

Quote:
they invade our space, and we do nothing. They attack our ships, and we withdraw. They assimilate ENTIRE WORLDS...and we fall back.
This far; no farther. The line must be drawn HERE.'

And unlike Jean-Luc, we do not have it in us to INSIST, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's a favorite scene of mine.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

The realization he has after he says that.

It takes Lily, the only person not from his time on the ship, to make him realize he is Ahab from Moby Dick.

I like that scene, because I think Picard realizes he can't win by pursuing revenge.

Even Worf gets the key difference between honor, and being a fool. But he won't listen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:25 pm 
Policy Wonk

I'd think the revelation that the Trump Administration was trying to even give Saudi Arabia nuclear technology.

If I were in charge, I'd most designate Saudi Arabia as a terrorist state.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'd think the revelation that the Trump Administration was trying to even give Saudi Arabia nuclear technology.

If I were in charge, I'd most designate Saudi Arabia as a terrorist state.

Treason, arrest the rump and kushner family.

How do we punish treason?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

I believe hanging was traditional in the US.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

So Trump's new AG Barr just gets sworn in and now there's news coming out that the Mueller report will be out next week?

Yah that's not at all fishy.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

So Trump's new AG Barr just gets sworn in and now there's news coming out that the Mueller report will be out next week?

Get ready to HIT the streets HARD and I am fucking serious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

When the report is released, will it be made public. Apparently, Mueller is required to make a "confidential report" to the Attorney Gerneral and it's up to the Attorney General to decide whether it is release to the public. If he refuses to release them the House, controlled by the Democrats, can subpoena them from the Justice Department which will, IMO, probably spark a battle between the House and the White House.

ABC News[/quote]

If the White House refuses to release them expect Trump to lose and the Senate turn deep Blue in 2020.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:43 pm 
Policy Wonk

It will be made public. It may require an "anonymous leaker", but it will be made public.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

No more indictments means Mueller was forced to stop.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

No more indictments means Mueller was forced to stop.

There are already sealed indictments that have yet to be released.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

There are already sealed indictments that have yet to be released.

Yes, you are right, I hope.

AG cant end the investigation I am now remembering but he can sure sit on it.

Anybody hear Jill Wine-Banks on Steph today about how both her committee and Starr had WAY WAY more power than Mueller?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

It will be made public. It may require an "anonymous leaker", but it will be made public.

I hope somehow, someone will make it public this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next