RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

OK people. Stay calm, stay rational. What she just said here is, in fact, not a new position.

It's not even the same thing she said in 2006 about Shrub, which got people back then so upset.

Read past the gigantic headline every media disorganization has slapped on her statement, and then read the fine print.

Nancy Pelosi: 'I'm not for impeachment,' slams Trump as 'not worth it'
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/11/politics ... t-comment/

"I'm not for impeachment," Pelosi said. "This is news. I'm going to give you some news right now because I haven't said this to any press person before. But since you asked, and I've been thinking about this: Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there's something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, (*) I don't think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he's just not worth it."
The California Democrat also said that Trump is "ethically," "intellectually," and "curiosity-wise" unfit for office.
"No, I don't think he's fit to be President of the United States," she said.

[snip][end]

(*) The way I read that, if there were such a thing ... like a recommendation for impeachment in the Mueller Report backed up with the kind of evidence that even Republican apologists would have to pay attention to ... (I'm not saying there will be, I have no idea).... she would favor it.

Also, as glen noted several times before vanishing, this is not a new position for her, either. She's saying not to do it unless there is bipartisan support. Well, there eventually was during Watergate, ... we'll see what the future holds. It honestly was never put to the test, because Nixon resigned when he realized even the Republicans were no longer in his corner.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

The way I read that is, "we need 19 Republican Senators to join us bipartisanship before this becomes a good idea.

I think she's doing fine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

And Schiff agrees with her.

Pelosi isn't going to state she's FOR impeachment before the Mueller has released his findings. Or before the House has completed a more significant chunk of hearings. That would be total folly. You got one shot at it. She's positioning herself smartly before the evidence is in.

It also takes a power move away from the GOP leading up to 2020. That the Dems just want to impeach just cuz.

Pelosi is playing it cool though and throwing shade. She also stated Trump isn't worth it. She's playing the stupid narcissist like a banjo.

"Not worth it? I'm totally worth it! I rigged the election!"

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like the fact that she stated he is totally unfit for office. She did not demur on THAT point at all.

Everybody knows it, even many Republicans, it just seems kind of like noting the Emperor's nakedness, a reality that can't be openly acknowledged, but ... it's there.

We can't impeach for unfitness. I just hope Candidate Buttigieg mentions it everywhere he goes on the campaign trail.

I kid people ... I kid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Speaker is telling the truth, there must be bipartisan support to Impeach and right now that ain't gonna happen. We have to wait for Mueller.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Speaker is telling the truth, there must be bipartisan support to Impeach and right now that ain't gonna happen. We have to wait for Mueller.

Damn. We need to wait on Mueller. Now there’s an original thought. Something we haven’t heard before. I almost wish I had said it myself. I think I agree with you on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Joe doenst know Trump is unfit to hold the office unless Robert Mueller says it's so. Right... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Joe doenst know Trump is unfit to hold the office unless Robert Mueller says it's so. Right... :roll:

How could one possibly know what Joe "knows" unless one listens to what he says on the subject?

I've listened to Joe on the subject and it seems to me he does know that Trump is unfit. I got that impression from the fact that he chose to not vote for Trump, that's a pretty strong indication that Joe might think Trump is unfit.

Then there are those times since when it seems like he's said some combination of words which would roughly equate to "Trump is unfit.

Notice I am not saying I know what Joe "knows," to know that for sure I would have to ask him.

I don't have a problem with it so I don't feel like I need to ask him. It's in your hands.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

How could one possibly know what Joe "knows" unless one listens to what he says on the subject?

I've listened to Joe on the subject and it seems to me he does know that Trump is unfit. I got that impression from the fact that he chose to not vote for Trump, that's a pretty strong indication that Joe might think Trump is unfit.

Then there are those times since when it seems like he's said some combination of words which would roughly equate to "Trump is unfit.

Notice I am not saying I know what Joe "knows," to know that for sure I would have to ask him.

I don't have a problem with it so I don't feel like I need to ask him. It's in your hands.

I appreciate that Sam. I'll go one further. I think Trump is the worst President in my lifetime. I care nothing for the man as a human being or as President. I DO care about the Presidency and I DO care about the country.

I just don't give a shit for Ike. I think that is what pisses him off. He's a lot like Trump in that respect. They both attack people who dare to disagree with them. Hard to tell them apart actually.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're a fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

I appreciate that Sam. I'll go one further. I think Trump is the worst President in my lifetime. I care nothing for the man as a human being or as President. I DO care about the Presidency and I DO care about the country.

I just don't give a shit for Ike. I think that is what pisses him off. He's a lot like Trump in that respect. They both attack people who dare to disagree with them. Hard to tell them apart actually.

What a sweet bromance.

Do you want him gone from the office? There are legal options in place to have him gone from the office tomorrow, based simply on his complete lack of fitness for office. You either want that or you don't, and it doesnt require jack shit from Robert Mueller.

There probably is not enough time to convict him in a Swnate impeachment trial. And he will be your party's 2020 nominee. What do you plan on doing a out that...eh Joe?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're a fucking idiot.

You sure I'm not a Swnate?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 am 
Board Emeritus

You sure I'm not a Swnate?

No...but I'm sure you're an asshole who highlights typos when he's got nothing else.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Talk is cheap Joe. So show me how you don't support Trump. You won't say who you voted for, in the Presidential election. If who you vote for is some sort of double super-secret private information, I don't need to know who you voted for in the 2018 Congressional contests, and I'm not asking. Just confirm that you didn't vote for Trumper asshole anti-immigrant bigot Marsha Blackburn, and confirm that you didn't vote for the Trumper Republican candidate in your US House district.

Because if you voted for Blackburn or the Republican candidate for your US House district seat, you're a Trump supporter. Zip your fucking spine back in and answer up.

There was no Senate contest in Illinois last year, but my US House District IL-6 vote went to Sean Casten, not asshole bigot Trump supporter Peter Roskam. See...it's easy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am 
Board Emeritus

No...but I'm sure you're an asshole who highlights typos when he's got nothing else.

I guess I'm not a Swnate, a good thing beings how as I'm currently an "asshole," as well as "a fucking idiot," all of that the same time.

I'm not sure how that works out biologically. :?

YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 am 
Board Emeritus

Talk is cheap Joe. So show me how you don't support Trump. You won't say who you voted for, in the Presidential election. If who you vote for is some sort of double super-secret private information, I don't need to know who you voted for in the 2018 Congressional contests, and I'm not asking. Just confirm that you didn't vote for Trumper asshole anti-immigrant bigot Marsha Blackburn, and confirm that you didn't vote for the Trumper Republican candidate in your US House district.

Because if you voted for Blackburn or the Republican candidate for your US House district seat, you're a Trump supporter. Zip your fucking spine back in and answer up.

There was no Senate contest in Illinois last year, but my US House District IL-6 vote went to Sean Casten, not asshole bigot Trump supporter Peter Roskam. See...it's easy.

That reasoning sound off beat Zorro.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 am 
Board Emeritus

That reasoning sound off beat Zorro.

Oh come on...most reasoning sounds offbeat to you Gilligan.

But obviously you don't think Repiblican voters regardless of what sort of bigoted bile they spew out of their festering pieholes are the people who are enabling this shit. Obviously you don't think Joe is one of them. How TF does that work?

But I suppose I could be so much more understanding about where you've chosen to live and what kind of people are the majority there in Cementville. Maybe I'm just an intolerant guy who can't stomach sitting around the weekend barbeque/beer table with a bunch of poor disenfranchised white christian marginalized people who have had all the advantages over people of color and over non-christians since the founding, who think it's fine to lock up children in cages.

I suppose I could, but I'm not.

But answer me this, eh? How TF are people who have had all the advantages over people of color and heathen non-christians like you since the founding ending up as seeing themselves as marginalized?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:20 am 
Board Emeritus

It isn't that joe does not know, its that joe does not care.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am 
Board Emeritus

Living in a reality based world means that as you look at 45 and his ongoing criminal enterprise and wonder how much longer can he last?

Yes joe, he is unfit for the office. He has already told thousands of lies. He has sided with Russia time and again. He has been supported and endorsed by the KKK/Neo-Nazi's and he says they are "Fine People".

45 had his ass handed to him by Kim when he was in Hanoi. We know he lied about not having business dealing with Russia while running for President and we know he was going to give Vlad the Impaler a $50,000,000.00 Penthouse Apartment in the now dead as a doornail Trump Tower Moscow Deal. But hey if HRC had done any of that you would howling for Impeachment but as long as 45 does you all kinds not caring.

And before some Con goes off "No Collusion"....Manafort who is now facing 7 1/2 Years in the Federal Slam, was sharing data analytics with a former Lieutenant Colonel in the GRU (Russian Military Intelligence). Also please remember and do not forget that neither of Manafort's trials were about Collusion in the first damn place.

We also that 45 lied regarding the meeting at Trump Tower New York with Russian Nationals having ties to Kremlin. He knew about the meeting and wrote the goddamn about it.

joe wants to keep his head in the sand and not the see what is going with 45 because he is more interested in the lying 45 in office and protect our country from that lying POS.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

It isn't that joe does not know, its that joe does not care.

True...certainly not as long as he continues to vote for scum like Marsha Blackburn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

True...certainly not as long as he continues to vote for scum like Marsha Blackburn.

Most if not all Cons hate having to go out of their comfort zone. They are more than willing to accept the out right criminality of 45 and crime family as long as he remains in office. Right now the only real reason 45 has to run again is in order to stay out prison. He knows he is facing some serious time somewhere. There is no real precedent for having a former President of The United States going to a federal prison...but I would love to that asshat 45 frog walked out of the White House in January 2020 with armed U.S. Marshall's on either side of him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

I dont know how long we will be stuck with this deranged fucking animal in the White House. But when we are finally rid of him we're still stuck with a country half full of assholes.

I'll tell you this though. When the day comes that he can't hide in the presidency anymore, he will rue the day he was elected. Because if he hadn't been elected none of the legal wringer his tit is now caught in would have ever happened to him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Living in a reality based world means that as you look at 45 and his ongoing criminal enterprise and wonder how much longer can he last?

Yes joe, he is unfit for the office. He has already told thousands of lies. He has sided with Russia time and again. He has been supported and endorsed by the KKK/Neo-Nazi's and he says they are "Fine People".

45 had his ass handed to him by Kim when he was in Hanoi. We know he lied about not having business dealing with Russia while running for President and we know he was going to give Vlad the Impaler a $50,000,000.00 Penthouse Apartment in the now dead as a doornail Trump Tower Moscow Deal. But hey if HRC had done any of that you would howling for Impeachment but as long as 45 does you all kinds not caring.

And before some Con goes off "No Collusion"....Manafort who is now facing 7 1/2 Years in the Federal Slam, was sharing data analytics with a former Lieutenant Colonel in the GRU (Russian Military Intelligence). Also please remember and do not forget that neither of Manafort's trials were about Collusion in the first damn place.

We also that 45 lied regarding the meeting at Trump Tower New York with Russian Nationals having ties to Kremlin. He knew about the meeting and wrote the goddamn about it.

joe wants to keep his head in the sand and not the see what is going with 45 because he is more interested in the lying 45 in office and protect our country from that lying POS.

In reality, I didn’t vote for Trump nor have I ever defended him. That’s reality. In reality, I can’t impeach the President and neither can you. In reality, that process begins in the House of Representatives. So if you believe strongly that Trump deserves to be impeached, you should direct your comments where it will do the most good. It does not appear that leadership in this House is going to impeach without a significant finding from Mueller. That is also reality. Pelosi believes without such a finding that impeachment would further divide an already highly divided country. I happen to agree with her on this.

So you and Ike can stay pissed at me as long as you like. That isn’t going to change a damn thing in this world. That is also reality. As far as caring about things other than myself, I care about many things. What I don’t care about is the opinion of assholes who don’t give a shit about what other people think and who show no respect for people who happen to disagree. And why should I? Why should I show more consideration for them than they show the rest of humanity? In the real world people tend to avoid such assholes. It’s done wonders for the membership of this board.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

You didnt vote for Trump?

Who the HELL did you vote for?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

You didnt vote for Trump?

Who the HELL did you vote for?

I voted in all the down ballot races and choose not to cast a ballot for either candidate in the Presidential election. Before Trump entered the primaries, I was asked by someone on this board who I would vote for if the race came down to Clinton v Trump. I said then that I would not vote for either candidate. I repeated that statement numerous times on this board prior to election night. I was consistent with my prior statements and did exactly as I said I would do. I did not cast a vote for either candidate because I did not believe that either candidate deserved the office. I have stated that numerous times on this board since the election to the very person who asked the question in this thread. The fact he can't remember something that has been repeated to him multiple times demonstrates just how well he listens.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next