RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Surrender control to government LOL one of their fave

remember joe the idiot and transfer of wealth

HYSTERICAL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:25 am 
Policy Wonk

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Quote:
It was a Republican president — not Bernie Sanders — who first argued for the creation of a progressive estate tax to reduce the enormous concentration of wealth. Mitch McConnell might want to listen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

why do they add rich folks and poor folks tax returns together and divide equally? I dont understand what information this gives us.

Average tax refund down 8% so far this season

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

why do they add rich folks and poor folks tax returns together and divide equally? I dont understand what information this gives us.

Average tax refund down 8% so far this season

It doesn't reflect an operand because it's overlaid by a function of withholding. So it doesn't mean much as a number unless a coexisting human factor is understood and applied to give it meaning.

If people set up for more withholding they get larger returns. In the opposite direction if they withhold too little they might owe taxes. Might have to pay a penalty.

The thing I remember happening is about last year at this point Trump got upset that folks weren't blessing him enough about the tax rates and rules being changed.

They weren't being thankful enough so he changed the withholding function and there was a little bit more money coming to those folks each pay check. Like 20 bucks. But that means now those folks are not going to have their second coming of Santa this year.

Bummer, big bummer.

Many of those folks who are being caught off guard by this now don't understand percentage math equations. I've never had a success in trying to explain something like this to someone who can't grasp fraction multiplication.

Those folks are simply unable to plot their relative position on this Earth through celestial navigation methods.

:o

It's horrifying. Like someone missing a leg.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

They said, Ronnie, turn the bull loose.

He did.

That started it.

----------

Anand Giridharadas is getting a following.

He teaches at NYU.

He has a book out, which he will be more than happy to plug, called Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World. The title says it all. It's about how billionaires fuck us over, and then use high-profile philanthropy to make it look like they're giving back, thus gaining control over the institutions getting the contributions. Also how all this is worth so much money to institutions that they will gladly compromise their values (if they ever had any) to get them.

He went to Harvard so he should know. I went to U$C, among other places, so I know the charade when I see it.

A guy on Twitter wrote a song that pronounces his name right.

He's big on all the stuff we bitch about here. Rapacity, the bought off educational system, increasing inequality, the power of money to corrupt, the political hairball we call a government, all that stuff.

Basically, he thinks it's time for us to take our lives back from the billionaires.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Thanks, ZoWie. I have that book on hold for my iPad.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

They said, Ronnie, turn the bull loose.

He did.

That started it.

----------

Anand Giridharadas is getting a following.

He teaches at NYU.

He has a book out, which he will be more than happy to plug, called Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World. The title says it all. It's about how billionaires fuck us over, and then use high-profile philanthropy to make it look like they're giving back, thus gaining control over the institutions getting the contributions. Also how all this is worth so much money to institutions that they will gladly compromise their values (if they ever had any) to get them.

He went to Harvard so he should know. I went to U$C, among other places, so I know the charade when I see it.

A guy on Twitter wrote a song that pronounces his name right.

He's big on all the stuff we bitch about here. Rapacity, the bought off educational system, increasing inequality, the power of money to corrupt, the political hairball we call a government, all that stuff.

Basically, he thinks it's time for us to take our lives back from the billionaires.

Did I see him at Davos? (not reading this whole thread) He made perfect sense to me.

INSANITY to allow any human or corp to own parts of earth. INSANE, and everyone other than billionaires would agree with me if they thought it thru.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

He wrote a lot about Davos, but I don't know whether he was actually there. If he was, it would be to report on it.

He doesn't think much of these billionaire confabs where they divide up the planet. In fact, he talks about a peculiar protohominid called Davos Man, which only knows how to BS people about how making him even richer will trickle down to homeless in the street.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

There is another book I found that I have to get which sounds like it is in a similar vein called “Against Charity” by Daniel Raventos Panella and Julie Wark.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8