Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.ohio.com/opinion/20190210/b ... reme-court

So a Muslim inmate is sentenced to die for crimes he committed and was convicted of committing. Of this there is no doubt. However he requested an imam be present when he was executed. Oh, no, that was unacceptable for the state of Alabama. There it is a Christian cleric or nothing. The claim was the chaplain was an employee trained in protocol including if some trouble arose. An imam can't be trained? The 5-4 SCOTUS decision looked at this as though the convict was seeking to delay his execution. Let us assume that he was. That is irrelevant. If a convict is permitted a spiritual advisor at such a time then he is entitled to a spiritual advisor whether that advisor is Christian, Jewish, Muslim Hindu or fill-in-the-blank.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rachel had this story on her show last week. From her story and your link, it's apparent Alabama's rules allowing only Christian chaplains to be present during an execution favors only one religion, Christianity and that a violation of the Constitution (Amendment I).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rachel had this story on her show last week. From her story and your link, it's apparent Alabama's rules allowing only Christian chaplains to be present during an execution favors only one religion, Christianity and that a violation of the Constitution (Amendment I).

Well, not anymore.

Remember, sycophants who do not know or care waht the law or constitution say are occupying SC seats and other seats, BECAUSE people had to hold their nose for Hillary.

The mere simple FACT is many of the rump judges will find ways to say Alabama violated nothing. Watch. Maybe not now, maybe most of the judges rump and mcconnell forced down our throats with a stolen election wont get to a certain court for 10 years or so, but they will eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

That poor rapist and murderer not being able to once agsin postpone his execution. Why I will have a hard time sleeping now

Btw his Iman was in the viewers gallery. I also suspect they were permitted to meet before the execution. Just the left siding with a murderer and rapist

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

That poor rapist and murderer not being able to once agsin postpone his execution. Why I will have a hard time sleeping now

Btw his Iman was in the viewers gallery. I also suspect they were permitted to meet before the execution. Just the left siding with a murderer and rapist

What a lie. You would be outraged if they refused for a minister to be available. But your anti-Muslim bias is showing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

What a lie. You would be outraged if they refused for a minister to be available. But your anti-Muslim bias is showing.

Glen and those like him dont believe in religious freedom, they really dont.

I think he will admit it if you straight up ask him if he believes that while we are not a christian nation, we really are. In his mind.

Too bad the ones who claim Christianity are the least christian.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen and those like him dont believe in religious freedom, they really dont.

I think he will admit it if you straight up ask him if he believes that while we are not a christian nation, we really are. In his mind.

Too bad the ones who claim Christianity are the least christian.

To the right, their view of "religious freedom" is ONLY for protestant Christianity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

We should have happily let Alabama secede when we had the opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, listen carefully: go the fuck away. You contribute nothing, you understand nothing. If a shit-bucket white man were refused his request in such a situation because the only cleric on staff was a Muslim you and the rest of the RW would be screaming.

This is about rights which don’t stop. No matter what you think.

I guess getting right with God only means white Christians and their false white Christian God.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't support the death penalty. The oh ain't this awful aspect of this doesn't even register. i don't care.

Why would I feel a prisoner ought to have religious rights our military personal dying on a battlefield do not have?

That prison has chaplains, our military has chaplains. Both prisons and the military have a real need that chaplains fall within their chain of command. Religions cannot be in that chain of command, therefore they cannot be a part of our prisons or our military.

All in one Chaplin's who are in the chain of command are going to have to do. They have to agree to administer to the needs of others from other religions. They have to agree to hold back their bias for their own religion. And they have to agree to take orders from within the chain of command.

I would like to know if the state of Alabama is systematically overlooking Muslim religious leaders when they are selecting chaplains. About that I do care. They must not discriminate. If an Imam applies to join the Chaplin program, and is otherwise acceptable they should be included as a Chaplin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, listen carefully: go the fuck away. You contribute nothing, you understand nothing. If a shit-bucket white man were refused his request in such a situation because the only cleric on staff was a Muslim you and the rest of the RW would be screaming.

I guess getting right with God only means white Christians and their false white Christian God.

I love this post... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

That poor rapist

How do you know the Woman was raped gen, did you see the semen running down her leg, that is after all your own standard.

On Friday 01/04/19 glenfs called Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib "Classless" for saying "IMPEACH THE MOTHER FUCKER" (45). Yet when 45 boasts about grabbing Women "By The Pussy" glen is quiet. Hypocrisy at it's worst.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Perfect response to gutless wonder of a coward who defends a Russian Puppet. glen can parrot what his Russian Vassel tells him.

Religious Freedom for glen is White Mystical Magical Skyman whose Lilly White Christian Son died for him......yeah right.

What glen and the other so-called "Christians" is 45 is NOT a so-called "Christian".

45 loves only himself, there is no room in his Malignant Narcissistic Life for any thing that would take love away from him. 45 does not view glen, much less any person dead from the neck stupid enough to believe what he says as a person. People are NOT real to 45 and there is no way in hell that god is real to 45. Money is 45's only god.

glen is 45's lemming, just all the MAGA wearing stooges out there. Nothing more.....Nothing less.

If it would benefit 45 to kick glen and other MAGA types to gutter, he would....gladly.

Which is what Putin wants, that is Putin end game. The likes of glen serve only one true purpose....to be lead over the cliff and to left broken on rocks below. The first people to fill Hitler's Camps were people like glen. Dumb to believe what they told. We know what happened to them.

On Friday 01/04/19 glenfs called Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib "Classless" for saying "IMPEACH THE MOTHER FUCKER" (45). Yet when 45 boasts about grabbing Women "By The Pussy" glen is quiet. Hypocrisy at it's worst.

Last edited by marindem on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

If a CA prison refused a christian counselor to a dying white republican glen and the entire right would lose their minds and the country would talk about NOTHING else for 2 weeks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:13 am 
Board Emeritus

Well said. Everybody gets the high priest of their delusion of choice, or nobody gets it. I'm good either way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:41 am 
Board Emeritus

The Constitution says the state is supposed to show no favoritism or partiality toward any religion.

Private institutions can do as they like, well unless of course they are receiving federal dollars ... or serve the general public as an accomodation.

The federal prison system is part of the federal government.

Many people mocked the military for providing Wiccan chaplains to soldiers, saying Wicca is not a legitimate religion. However you might feel on that question, it's not the government's call.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:17 am 
Board Emeritus

I'm not sure what Marine Corps basic is like these days. I know beatings are no longer tolerated, but that's about it for my knowledge base. Anyway, back in 1969, all religious services in basic were on Sunday, Jews too. None of the few Jews complained...any time away from the DI's was a relief. The Catholics and the protestants were marched to their services in huge groups. They sat in big auditoriums eyes front, no eyefucking the area, and no squirming around.

When I was in basic, there were a dozen or so Jews who were cut loose from the training area and walked a half mile or so over to a metal outbuilding that was designated for Jew activities...mostly just the hadassah ladies bringing over baked goods on Sunday and us having our only real hour of liesure time all week, that the Christians didnt really get. A lot of times the rabbi didnt even show up. I smoked a lot of cigarettes.

The DI's knew all about it. And the Jews paid for it in a number of different unpleasant ways for it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

You must be one of those openminded liberals I hear so much about.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

You must be one of those openminded liberals I hear so much about.

In the words of one of our most honest and forthright members:

Glen, listen carefully: go the fuck away. You contribute nothing, you understand nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

And you and the rest of the lefties here faking outrage wouldn't give 2 shits if it were a fake Christian whining for a preacher to hold his hand.

The Iman was watching through the glass and the rapist and murderer you are defending was able to recieve religous consuling moments before his execution.

What this is really about is the rapist and murderer you are defending attempting to delay his execution and people opposed to the death penalty supporting him because of their opposition.

Screw that guy the world is a better place without him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

And you and the rest of the lefties here faking outrage wouldn't give 2 shits if it were a fake Christian whining for a preacher to hold his hand.

The Iman was watching through the glass and the rapist and murderer you are defending was able to recieve religous consuling moments before his execution.

What this is really about is the rapist and murderer you are defending attempting to delay his execution and people opposed to the death penalty supporting him because of their opposition.

Screw that guy the world is a better place without him.

glen, what you fail to understand is the state of Alabama placed the responsibility on knowing the policy for having a religious minister of their religion by their side instead of informing him ahead of time and allowing time to have an imman present. It isn't the prisoner's responsibility to know the policy but it's the state's responsibility to inform the prisoner of their rights. By allowing only a Christian chaplain present Alabama is establishing Christianity as the only recognized religion within the prison system which violates the U.S. Constitution.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

We are not talking about whether the prisoner was or was not a nice person. We are talking about the US Constitution. Righties always say they want a strict interpretation until something they do is unconstitutional, then they say stop your whining.

Therefore, we are talking about the nearly infinite hypocrisy of the white Christian ruling class.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

We are not talking about whether the prisoner was or was not a nice person. We are talking about the US Constitution. Righties always say they want a strict interpretation until something they do is unconstitutional, then they say stop your whining.

Therefore, we are talking about the nearly infinite hypocrisy of the white Christian ruling class.

Their niceness ONLY matters if they are not white male christians.

Glen could make this simple and admit he believes we are a christian nation, no matter what the constitution says, and that if necessary we should amend the constitution to make it official.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Most people on death row are not nice people. Other than the innocently/wrongly convicted, probably most of them are rapists and murderers.

Regardless of their crime, they are supposed to be provided a chaplain of their faith, before their execution, regardless of which it is.

Full stop. Until the death penalty is abolished, this is the law.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

*Imam

:)

"Iman" is the late David Bowie's widow

:D.