Election Prediction

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: Election Prediction

Post by JoeMemphis »

I woke up this morning and noticed that the country was still intact and democracy appears to have survived another election. The world did not end. But the day is young.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:59 am I woke up this morning and noticed that the country was still intact and democracy appears to have survived another election. The world did not end. But the day is young.
Mostly because the voters weren't buying what you're selling, right? You've been lauding the polls over us for months. You going to admit that the voters aren't ready to hand the government over to the crazies that you voted for?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:42 am Mostly because the voters weren't buying what you're selling, right? You've been lauding the polls over us for months. You going to admit that the voters aren't ready to hand the government over to the crazies that you voted for?
They appear to be having second thoughts about handing the government over to the crazies you vote for as well. So it appears democracy is alive and well despite all the predictions from the bed wetters. The process works.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:46 am They appear to be having second thoughts about handing the government over to the crazies you vote for as well. So it appears democracy is alive and well despite all the predictions from the bed wetters. The process works.
We don't have crazies like you do. And considering everything, they chose to stay with the non-crazy party even given the economy and mid-term historical trends. This is a big loss for the GOP.

Well, I knew you wouldn't make any kind of admission that you maybe don't know what you're talking about.

And after Jan 6th and all the election deniers on your side, our Democracy is NOT alive and well.

But you'll never admit reality.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:14 am We don't have crazies like you do. And considering everything, they chose to stay with the non-crazy party even given the economy and mid-term historical trends. This is a big loss for the GOP.

Well, I knew you wouldn't make any kind of admission that you maybe don't know what you're talking about.

And after Jan 6th and all the election deniers on your side, our Democracy is NOT alive and well.

But you'll never admit reality.
The reality is that the voters choose divided government. I’m good with that. Always have been.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:27 am The reality is that the voters choose divided government. I’m good with that. Always have been.
The reality is that you came here and bragged that we were going to get trounced, that the voters "weren't buying what we were selling" and you're not man enough to admit you were wrong.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:29 am The reality is that you came here and bragged that we were going to get trounced, that the voters "weren't buying what we were selling" and you're not man enough to admit you were wrong.
For the past few months I have stated that I didn’t know how the election would turn out. As far as I can tell, the voters have decided on divided government. So no one single party has complete control over both the legislative and executive branch. As I said, that’s fine with me. It has always been fine with me.

So it appears the electorate doesn’t completely trust either party enough to leave one or the other in complete charge. Read into that what you want.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:55 pm For the past few months I have stated that I didn’t know how the election would turn out. As far as I can tell, the voters have decided on divided government. So no one single party has complete control over both the legislative and executive branch. As I said, that’s fine with me. It has always been fine with me.

So it appears the electorate doesn’t completely trust either party enough to leave one or the other in complete charge. Read into that what you want.
You're the one that, when we would talk about our views, you'd say the polls were against us and the "voters aren't buying what you're selling".

And you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong.

But you guys had it ALL. Big inflation, bad economy, a President with low approval ratings. What this REALLY was, was a nationwide repudiation of the current GOP, that you are all in on. Here's what conservative Marc Thiessen said ON FOX NEWS:
"Think about this," Marc Thiessen said. "We have the worst inflation in four decades. The worst collapse in real wages in 40 years. The worst crime wave since the 1990s. The worst border crisis in US history. We have Joe Biden, who is the least popular president since Harry Truman since presidential polling happened and there wasn't a red wave. That is a searing indictment of the Republican Party."

"That is a searing indictment of the message that we have been sending to the voters," Thiessen continued. "They looked at all of that and said and looked at the Republican alternative and said, no, thanks. The Republican Party needs to do a real deep introspection and look in the mirror right now because this is an absolute disaster for the Republican Party. ... And electing these radical candidates who ran far behind them has put the Republican Party in a terrible position. And voters have left and have indicted the Republican Party."
Of course, his assertion about the state of things isn't true - which is probably ONE reason the voters didn't buy it. I mean, everything he said, like asserting that Biden was the least popular President since Harry Truman - I mean, that's simply a lie.

But everything was set for a red wave. This was YOUR election to lose. And you guys blew it.

And you're in deep trouble for the future - because the Trump base, which is the majority of the current GOP, isn't going away. While it looks like Boebert may lose, the real leader of the GOP Congress is Matt Gaetz and MTG, and they aren't going anywhere. And I don't see them thinking "wow we have to moderate".

If the GOP takes the House, and immediately starts impeachment proceedings against the President and the Attorney General, and making demands to shut down the government, that's setting up what happened with Truman, where he ran against a Republican Congress and won.

But when they do that, you'll be here on the board supporting them.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:12 pm You're the one that, when we would talk about our views, you'd say the polls were against us and the "voters aren't buying what you're selling".

And you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong.

But you guys had it ALL. Big inflation, bad economy, a President with low approval ratings. What this REALLY was, was a nationwide repudiation of the current GOP, that you are all in on. Here's what conservative Marc Thiessen said ON FOX NEWS:

Of course, his assertion about the state of things isn't true - which is probably ONE reason the voters didn't buy it. I mean, everything he said, like asserting that Biden was the least popular President since Harry Truman - I mean, that's simply a lie.

But everything was set for a red wave. This was YOUR election to lose. And you guys blew it.

And you're in deep trouble for the future - because the Trump base, which is the majority of the current GOP, isn't going away. While it looks like Boebert may lose, the real leader of the GOP Congress is Matt Gaetz and MTG, and they aren't going anywhere. And I don't see them thinking "wow we have to moderate".

If the GOP takes the House, and immediately starts impeachment proceedings against the President and the Attorney General, and making demands to shut down the government, that's setting up what happened with Truman, where he ran against a Republican Congress and won.

But when they do that, you'll be here on the board supporting them.
I haven’t seen any evidence that the voters “bought” into what you were selling. All I know is that they decided on split government. All I know is that there wasn’t a big wave election. Since Roe I personally haven’t predicted how this election would go because I didn’t know. So they didn’t buy what I was selling because I wasn’t selling anything. Further I don’t think this election is any endorsement of the policy or leadership of the current congress or administration. We are still a pretty evenly divided electorate and the fact that neither party controls everything is evidence of that.

Since you brought it up, if Biden and Bidens policies are so popular, why didn’t your candidates want him on the road? Why did they want Obama and Clinton? You can tell yourselves whatever you want but while he may be a nice guy personally, his approval ratings aren’t that great and not many of your candidates wanted to share a stage with him.

My hope is that if the GOP controls either house, they spend their time on things that matter to the average voter. I don’t have an issue with oversight. I don’t have an issue with investigations if there is credible evidence that needs investigating. That’s their job and their duty. But there is more to running the government than investigations. It would be nice if they made time for that for a change.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:53 pm I haven’t seen any evidence that the voters “bought” into what you were selling. All I know is that they decided on split government. All I know is that there wasn’t a big wave election. Since Roe I personally haven’t predicted how this election would go because I didn’t know. So they didn’t buy what I was selling because I wasn’t selling anything. Further I don’t think this election is any endorsement of the policy or leadership of the current congress or administration. We are still a pretty evenly divided electorate and the fact that neither party controls everything is evidence of that.
No, they didn't decide on ANYTHING. Everyone had a vote. No one said they wanted a split government.

You sure as hell didn't vote for a spit government, you voted for a straight ticket, and would have been overjoyed if the GOP controlled EVERYTHING.

So don't pretend otherwise.
Since you brought it up, if Biden and Bidens policies are so popular, why didn’t your candidates want him on the road? Why did they want Obama and Clinton? You can tell yourselves whatever you want but while he may be a nice guy personally, his approval ratings aren’t that great and not many of your candidates wanted to share a stage with him.
Unlike YOU, I deal in REALITY. Biden's approval is low.
My hope is that if the GOP controls either house, they spend their time on things that matter to the average voter. I don’t have an issue with oversight. I don’t have an issue with investigations if there is credible evidence that needs investigating. That’s their job and their duty. But there is more to running the government than investigations. It would be nice if they made time for that for a change.
You'll support them and vote for them whatever they do, even if they shut the government down. You don't care.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:43 pm No, they didn't decide on ANYTHING. Everyone had a vote. No one said they wanted a split government.

You sure as hell didn't vote for a spit government, you voted for a straight ticket, and would have been overjoyed if the GOP controlled EVERYTHING.

So don't pretend otherwise.

Unlike YOU, I deal in REALITY. Biden's approval is low.

You'll support them and vote for them whatever they do, even if they shut the government down. You don't care.
GoU, you throw out that line all the time like you vote would ever vote for a Republican. I never voted for Trump so yeah, there was a line I wouldn’t cross. So your assertion is false. You will vote for Democrats and defend Democrats no matter what they do. You don’t care. You are just hypersensitive if anyone dares to question their policy. I never questioned or opposed a single hearing or investigation. You on the other hand throw yourself on the sword over the mere suggestion of investigations into Democrats. If there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to fear.

So your attempt to paint yourself as some kind of righteous warrior is a fraud and a waste of time as far as I’m concerned. Other people here may buy it if they like.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:05 pm GoU, you throw out that line all the time like you vote would ever vote for a Republican. I never voted for Trump so yeah, there was a line I wouldn’t cross.
Bullshit. Prove it. You supported Trump, and you voted for his supporting cast, including both Tennessee Senators who were complete Trump supporters, and who voted twice not to impeach Trump.
So your assertion is false. You will vote for Democrats and defend Democrats no matter what they do. You don’t care.
Bullshit. I believe in the Constitution and our electoral system. Donald Trump and the Republican Party denied the election results and nary a peep out of you. January 6th happened and nary a peep out of you.

I am against ANY politician who breaks the law. You can't say the same, you'll vote for them all day long. Hell, your new Senator, Rick Scott, embezzled billions from Medicare, and you'll support and vote for him in a New York minute.
You are just hypersensitive if anyone dares to question their policy. I never questioned or opposed a single hearing or investigation. You on the other hand throw yourself on the sword over the mere suggestion of investigations into Democrats. If there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to fear.

What bullshit. It would be a Kangaroo Court. Explain why you think impeachment proceedings against Biden and the Attorney General are warranted. Go ahead. You can't.

You obviously think we should just investigate all the time. Should there be an investigation on Hillary Clinton child sex slave right headquartered in a Washington DC Pizza joint's basement? BTW, I've been there - there isn't a basement in the place. But that's the idiocy the people you vote for have.

To you, there's nothing too insane to start a government investigation on. Mostly because you'll believe anything against a democrat. How about if someone turned YOU in for some loony thing - like, say, embezzlement at a former employer, completely false, but you'd have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to defend against? You don't think there should be ANY end to government investigations?
So your attempt to paint yourself as some kind of righteous warrior is a fraud and a waste of time as far as I’m concerned. Other people here may buy it if they like.
They do because WE believe in the Constitution and Rule of Law, unlike yourself.

You're the one that bragged how we were going to get shellacked this November, and you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong. But like Donald Trump, you're pretending you're soooo happy for this great victory for our nation that we have a divided government.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:23 pm Bullshit. Prove it. You supported Trump, and you voted for his supporting cast, including both Tennessee Senators who were complete Trump supporters, and who voted twice not to impeach Trump.

Bullshit. I believe in the Constitution and our electoral system. Donald Trump and the Republican Party denied the election results and nary a peep out of you. January 6th happened and nary a peep out of you.

I am against ANY politician who breaks the law. You can't say the same, you'll vote for them all day long. Hell, your new Senator, Rick Scott, embezzled billions from Medicare, and you'll support and vote for him in a New York minute.

What bullshit. It would be a Kangaroo Court. Explain why you think impeachment proceedings against Biden and the Attorney General are warranted. Go ahead. You can't.

You obviously think we should just investigate all the time. Should there be an investigation on Hillary Clinton child sex slave right headquartered in a Washington DC Pizza joint's basement? BTW, I've been there - there isn't a basement in the place. But that's the idiocy the people you vote for have.

To you, there's nothing too insane to start a government investigation on. Mostly because you'll believe anything against a democrat. How about if someone turned YOU in for some loony thing - like, say, embezzlement at a former employer, completely false, but you'd have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to defend against? You don't think there should be ANY end to government investigations?

They do because WE believe in the Constitution and Rule of Law, unlike yourself.

You're the one that bragged how we were going to get shellacked this November, and you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong. But like Donald Trump, you're pretending you're soooo happy for this great victory for our nation that we have a divided government.
I never voted for Trump. Believe what you like but that’s the truth.

As far as the rest of your rant, allegations of corruption of politicians especially high ranking politicians rise to the level of investigation. I didn’t oppose a single inquiry of hearing into Trump or any member of his administration. I don’t advocate a different standard for any other politician just because you don’t like it. If there is probable cause to look into an allegation then law enforcement and public officials have a right and duty to look into an allegation. If there is nothing there, then there is nothing to worry about. I don’t just dismiss a serious allegation without doing some due diligence. That’s how you discover if the facts support the allegation. So if your standard is not to investigate anything without all the evidence you will never investigate anything. You should apply the same standards to candidates you like as you would to candidates you dislike. But that would require ethical standards and professional judgement that you do not possess.

So just as I never opposed a congressional or DOJ investigation into the prior administration, I will not oppose investigations into the current administration. If you have a different standard that you would apply equally and impartially to these situations, then I would like to hear it. Your record is one where you only appear willing to tolerate investigations against people with whom you disagree politically. You suffer from a rather severe case of situational ethics.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:48 pm I never voted for Trump. Believe what you like but that’s the truth.
Even if not, you voted and supported - and continue to support - all the Republicans who propped Trump up. You were for his administration, and you didn't ever say anything against the GOP crazies, you only attack the Dems.

You voted for Marco Rubio, one of Trump's biggest supporters and a man that voted TWICE to aquit Trump from impeachment.
As far as the rest of your rant, allegations of corruption of politicians especially high ranking politicians rise to the level of investigation. I didn’t oppose a single inquiry of hearing into Trump or any member of his administration. I don’t advocate a different standard for any other politician just because you don’t like it. If there is probable cause to look into an allegation then law enforcement and public officials have a right and duty to look into an allegation. If there is nothing there, then there is nothing to worry about. I don’t just dismiss a serious allegation without doing some due diligence. That’s how you discover if the facts support the allegation. So if your standard is not to investigate anything without all the evidence you will never investigate anything. You should apply the same standards to candidates you like as you would to candidates you dislike. But that would require ethical standards and professional judgement that you do not possess.
The difference is the Dems only have serious investigations, the GOP has witch hunts.
So just as I never opposed a congressional or DOJ investigation into the prior administration, I will not oppose investigations into the current administration. If you have a different standard that you would apply equally and impartially to these situations, then I would like to hear it. Your record is one where you only appear willing to tolerate investigations against people with whom you disagree politically. You suffer from a rather severe case of situational ethics.
So you'll support a large Congressional investigation into whether Democrats are actually Lizard Aliens taking over the world. Got it.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

You guys got your sorry butts kicked. With all the stuff wrong in this country, the Republicans should have grabbed decisive majorities in both houses, the way parties out of power have done whenever the times were out of joint since I was old enough to know what an election is. You got another deadlocked do-nothing Congress instead, wasting the country's time and pissing us off with stupid investigations of bit players like Hunter Biden, and no action on real issues that threaten to do us all in. Pretty sad show.

Maybe try offering something besides pissing and moaning about problems that have no political solutions, blaming everyone but your own sorry asses for the mess in what should be the best country in the world, and refusing to clean up your act regarding provocative comments by elected officials.

Or better yet, just keep doing negative politics and really get your sorry butts kicked next time.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

ZoWie wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:10 pm You guys got your sorry butts kicked. With all the stuff wrong in this country, the Republicans should have grabbed decisive majorities in both houses, the way parties out of power have done whenever the times were out of joint since I was old enough to know what an election is. You got another deadlocked do-nothing Congress instead, wasting the country's time and pissing us off with stupid investigations of bit players like Hunter Biden, and no action on real issues that threaten to do us all in. Pretty sad show.

Maybe try offering something besides pissing and moaning about problems that have no political solutions, blaming everyone but your own sorry asses for the mess in what should be the best country in the world, and refusing to clean up your act regarding provocative comments by elected officials.

Or better yet, just keep doing negative politics and really get your sorry butts kicked next time.
When you lose control of one house of Congress, possibly two. It’s not a victory. It may not be a red wave, but it’s not a victory. It’s not a mandate. It’s not an endorsement of your management or your policy. To state otherwise is putting lipstick on a pig. The country according to exit polls still believe the country is headed in the wrong direction by 75%. That’s 3 out of 4 people who think the country is headed in the wrong direction. That’s not a ringing endorsement of current management. And who is current management? Who sits in the drivers seat in the WH? Who controls Congress? I agree that the opposition didn’t meet expectations but the election wasn’t a ringing endorsement of Biden/Democratic management or policies. If you think it was then you are whistling past the graveyard.

But I can see where you might feel it was some kind of great victory. When you believe that the sky is falling on Monday. That Democracy is coming to an end because people aren’t voting as you please or believing as you believe and then you wake up and find that all this doom and gloom BS was just so much BS political propaganda. Well I can understand your relief. That’s the epitome of negative politics. When your best strategy is to demonize to stoop to calling your political opposition Nazis and Brownshirts, you don’t have any room to lecture anyone on negative politics.

Wake up Zowie. You talk about political solutions. Tuesday wasn’t an endorsement of current policy. The fact that even your own candidates would prefer NOT to have the current President campaign with them is not an endorsement of his leadership or his policies. When most of them do not want to see him run in 2024 isn’t an endorsement of his leadership.

I would agree with you as well that Tuesday wasn’t a ringing endorsement for the GOP either. Except maybe in Florida. Personally, I would like to see both Biden and Trump to retire from politics and let a new generation take over. I have had enough of divisive Presidents.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:27 am When you lose control of one house of Congress, possibly two. It’s not a victory. It may not be a red wave, but it’s not a victory. It’s not a mandate. It’s not an endorsement of your management or your policy. To state otherwise is putting lipstick on a pig. The country according to exit polls still believe the country is headed in the wrong direction by 75%. That’s 3 out of 4 people who think the country is headed in the wrong direction. That’s not a ringing endorsement of current management. And who is current management? Who sits in the drivers seat in the WH? Who controls Congress? I agree that the opposition didn’t meet expectations but the election wasn’t a ringing endorsement of Biden/Democratic management or policies. If you think it was then you are whistling past the graveyard.

But I can see where you might feel it was some kind of great victory. When you believe that the sky is falling on Monday. That Democracy is coming to an end because people aren’t voting as you please or believing as you believe and then you wake up and find that all this doom and gloom BS was just so much BS political propaganda. Well I can understand your relief. That’s the epitome of negative politics. When your best strategy is to demonize to stoop to calling your political opposition Nazis and Brownshirts, you don’t have any room to lecture anyone on negative politics.

Wake up Zowie. You talk about political solutions. Tuesday wasn’t an endorsement of current policy. The fact that even your own candidates would prefer NOT to have the current President campaign with them is not an endorsement of his leadership or his policies. When most of them do not want to see him run in 2024 isn’t an endorsement of his leadership.

I would agree with you as well that Tuesday wasn’t a ringing endorsement for the GOP either. Except maybe in Florida. Personally, I would like to see both Biden and Trump to retire from politics and let a new generation take over. I have had enough of divisive Presidents.
What bullshit. YOU'RE the one that's spinning. At any other time, the GOP would have trounced the Dems. Yes, the electorate sees the country on the wrong track, but they sure as hell didn't want the GOP taking over, considering what THEY were selling. Going all in on impeachments, government shutdowns, cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and ending aid to Ukraine. That's not anything that the American people WANT. Maybe YOU do, be WE don't.

This IS a disaster for the GOP. So keep spinning.

And I also call bullshit on your last paragraph. If Trump WERE to leave the stage (he won't, he controls the Republican Party), DeSantas would be as much or more divisive, and you'll be championing him.

Let's be CLEAR - you WANTED a total GOP victory, which would lead to another Trump administration. That's your wish. Quit lying about it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:27 amThe country according to exit polls still believe the country is headed in the wrong direction by 75%.
Link these exit polls, pls.
The fact that even your own candidates would prefer NOT to have the current President campaign with them is not an endorsement of his leadership or his policies.
Link this bullshit claim, instead of sitting on a porch rambling over a mint julep.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Glennfs »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:53 am Link these exit polls, pls.

Link this bullshit claim, instead of sitting on a porch rambling over a mint julep.
Why do you ask for links when you claim you never look at them
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:03 am Why do you ask for links when you claim you never look at them
troll

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:42 am What bullshit. YOU'RE the one that's spinning. At any other time, the GOP would have trounced the Dems. Yes, the electorate sees the country on the wrong track, but they sure as hell didn't want the GOP taking over, considering what THEY were selling. Going all in on impeachments, government shutdowns, cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and ending aid to Ukraine. That's not anything that the American people WANT. Maybe YOU do, be WE don't.

This IS a disaster for the GOP. So keep spinning.

And I also call bullshit on your last paragraph. If Trump WERE to leave the stage (he won't, he controls the Republican Party), DeSantas would be as much or more divisive, and you'll be championing him.

Let's be CLEAR - you WANTED a total GOP victory, which would lead to another Trump administration. That's your wish. Quit lying about it.
I didn’t vote for Trump and never supported Trump so I certainly am not interested in 4 more years of Trump. My interest was in removing Democrats control over the Senate. This was a midterm election. Trumps not on the ballot. Biden isn’t on the ballot but it is a referendum of sorts on his administration. For the record, I don’t want to see a second term of Biden anymore than I want a second term of Trump.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:28 am I didn’t vote for Trump and never supported Trump so I certainly am not interested in 4 more years of Trump. My interest was in removing Democrats control over the Senate. This was a midterm election. Trumps not on the ballot. Biden isn’t on the ballot but it is a referendum of sorts on his administration. For the record, I don’t want to see a second term of Biden anymore than I want a second term of Trump.
But you support and vote for his backers. Marco Rubio is 100% Trump and has backed him all the way. And he got your vote, didn't he?

Now, word is that if the GOP gets the House, McCarthy will have to make a lot of deals to get the Speakership, including things like allowing Impeachment votes and putting nutjob Marjorie Taylor Greene on the Oversight Committee, where all the "investigations" will come from.

Do you think an investigation by Greene can be seen as legitimate in any way? I mean, the women that says Nancy Pelosi has committed treason and should be hung?

Do you think that investigating Nancy Pelosi for treason is a reasonable thing to do? Yes or no?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:34 am But you support and vote for his backers. Marco Rubio is 100% Trump and has backed him all the way. And he got your vote, didn't he?

Now, word is that if the GOP gets the House, McCarthy will have to make a lot of deals to get the Speakership, including things like allowing Impeachment votes and putting nutjob Marjorie Taylor Greene on the Oversight Committee, where all the "investigations" will come from.

Do you think an investigation by Greene can be seen as legitimate in any way? I mean, the women that says Nancy Pelosi has committed treason and should be hung?

Do you think that investigating Nancy Pelosi for treason is a reasonable thing to do? Yes or no?
I’m not one for wasting time on meaningless investigations. However, if there is some type of credible evidence to support an allegation, I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand for political reasons. As for Pelosi, I am unaware of any credible evidence supporting a charge of treason. But I am not as plugged into the rumor mill as you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:19 am I’m not one for wasting time on meaningless investigations. However, if there is some type of credible evidence to support an allegation, I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand for political reasons. As for Pelosi, I am unaware of any credible evidence supporting a charge of treason. But I am not as plugged into the rumor mill as you.
I'm not talking about a rumor mill, dumbass. I'm talking about a quote from a leading GOP Congresswoman. One that will likely be on the House Oversight Committee, in charge of investigations.

And this is what you champion.

But you are the master of feigned ignorance, aren't you?

So give me a reason that you think the House should legitimately immediately start Impeachment proceedings against Joe Biden and Merrick Garland. Tell me what they've done that would legitimately beg for investigation. One that's not a fishing expedition.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:45 am I'm not talking about a rumor mill, dumbass. I'm talking about a quote from a leading GOP Congresswoman. One that will likely be on the House Oversight Committee, in charge of investigations.

And this is what you champion.

But you are the master of feigned ignorance, aren't you?

So give me a reason that you think the House should legitimately immediately start Impeachment proceedings against Joe Biden and Merrick Garland. Tell me what they've done that would legitimately beg for investigation. One that's not a fishing expedition.
As I said, I am unaware of any credible evidence to support such a charge. I personally don’t give a shit who is making the accusation. An unfounded or unsupported allegation is an unsupported allegation no matter who is making the charge or what their job happens to be.

Two days ago you were wetting the bed and living in despair because you asserted that Democracy was dying. So don’t expect me to assume that everything you claim is factual and complete and in context. I have way toooo much experience with your unfounded and unsubstantiated assertions to take any claim made by your as truthful.

Edited to add: I haven’t called for anyones impeachment so I don’t need to explain anything to you.