RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Conservatives are calling Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) un-American, this time for not going far enough to condemn the 9/11 terrorist attacks in a speech she made to the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) last month. .

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-righ ... 33aa3441f7.

Congresswoman Omar is a Muslim-American and therefore cannot be trusted....so says Fox.

Ms. Omar has been called out in the past over her comments regarding "Dual Loyalty". She was referring to how Muslim-Americans have had the loyalty to the United States questioned. Fox is just doing what Cons have been doing for a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

...as some self-loathing conservative white-ethnic was arrested just days ago for credible death threats...

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

I question Fox & Friends and Fox News' loyalty.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:33 pm 
Policy Wonk

Omar too is a bigot...but that's no defense for the bigots at Fox to be going down this line. Without having read her speech at CAIR, I assume she was neither supporting the attack or any of the conspiracy theories around it. Nor it it incumbent on Rep Omar to condemn the attack in every speech she gives (any more than it is incumbent on any other politician in the same situation.)

She's a fricken US Congressperson and deserves the respect and protection that goes with it. She should not be inciting and no one should be inciting against her. (and in case those idiots at Fox forgot, by most accounts in recent years Muslims have provided more information about potential terrorist attacks in the US than any other group.
----
Oh yeah, Mardem. You know there is no evidence that Gandhi ever said " I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." So why do you keep posting it as though he had. Its demeaning to Gandhi. Some feel Its demeaning to Christians (while some Christian groups actually use the phrase) , and I suppose its demeaning to your credibility.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

I question Fox & Friends and Fox News' loyalty.

It is the loyalty of the cult propagandist to the cult leader and cult ideology.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

It is the loyalty of the cult propagandist to the cult leader and cult ideology.

You're right but I would state it as:

It is the loyalty of the reality show cult propagandist to the reality show cult leader and reality show cult ideology.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

She was referring to how Muslim-Americans have had the loyalty to the United States questioned.

Not according to the remarks she actually said. :roll:

And, of course, they are not the only group that has faced this accusation throughout U.S. history, since Jews are another group for which this has been the case. Also Catholics, and Japanese, and Irish, and sometimes even Native Americans (since they also warred with the federal government during the Indian Wars).

But that issue aside, yes, of course, I view it as ridiculous that people connect her to 9/11, or claim she supports terrorism, or to the Muslim Brotherhood. That stuff IS all nonsense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're right but I would state it as:

It is the loyalty of the reality show cult propagandist to the reality show cult leader and reality show cult ideology.

Yes, even better!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

And, of course, they are not the only group that has faced this accusation throughout U.S. history, since Jews are another group for which this has been the case. Also Catholics, and Japanese, and Irish, and sometimes even Native Americans (since they also warred with the federal government during the Indian Wars).

But that issue aside, yes, of course, I view it as ridiculous that people connect her to 9/11, or claim she supports terrorism, or to the Muslim Brotherhood. That stuff IS all nonsense.

She was referring to herself and Muslim-Americans since September 11, 2001. That is what she was talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not according Fox News and the brain dead Cons who believe them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Marin; SHE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT HERSELF WHEN SHE SAID

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is okay for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country."

Jeezus freezing krist on a pogo stick.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

She was talking Muslim-Americans, she is Muslim-American. Yes, she was talking about herself.

But back to Fox, they feeding this hysteria. Real Americans are NOT Muslim.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Marin: she was answering a question about AIPAC. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Unless she is a member of AIPAC, she was not talking about herself. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

No she was NOT. That is the common way to pass it off.....more Anti Semitism.

But as we can plainly see, that is NOT Fox News is talking about. They are talking about Congresswoman Omar and her Muslim Faith. She cannot be trusted because she is Muslim.

That is what this thread is about. Accusations against Congresswoman Omar for being a Muslim.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

OK. You know, I know when I am talking to a wall. I'm done. You are being ridiculously obtuse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fox News is attacking the loyalty o is f a Member of the United States House of Representatives because she is a Muslim-American. That is wrong. Dual Loyalty is an issue for more than just one Religious Group or Ethnic Group.

Japanese-Americans suffered during WWII because of ethnic background.

Muslim-Americans have their loyalty questioned since September 11, 2001.

That what this thread is about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:19 am 
Board Emeritus

OK. You know, I know when I am talking to a wall. I'm done. You are being ridiculously obtuse.

Apparently it is perfectly fine to question the Loyalty of Muslim-Americans...nice to know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Uh, let me know when you're done stuffing words in my mouth, as up above I said exactly the opposite.

Maybe when you're done, we can have an honest discussion.

I am not agreeing with "Fox & Friends". On the other hand, I *am* agreeing with Vox, the ADL, Ha'aretz, and Tablet magazine, and I won't apologize for doing THAT. I only question her statements; every politician should have their statements scrutinized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:11 am 
Board Emeritus

As opposed to you shoving your words down my throat? How dare I ever question the right to accuse Fox of questioning the Loyalty of Congresswoman Omar. She is Muslim and Muslims cannot be trusted.

That is what this is about. Fox is questioning her Loyalty, and because she is Muslim it is just all kinds of fine, well, right and good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:14 am 
Board Emeritus

How dare I ever question the right to accuse Fox of questioning the Loyalty of Congresswoman Omar.

Wow, you did it again. I didn't question your "right" to do so, and I agreed with you that "Faux & Friends" was questioning her loyalty in ridiculous ways.

Nowhere in this thread did I question what you argued in the OP ... that what Faux & Friends did was wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:21 am 
Board Emeritus

Wow, you did it again. I didn't question your "right" to do so, and I agreed with you that "Faux & Friends" was questioning her loyalty in ridiculous ways.

Nowhere in this thread did I question what you argued in the OP ... that what Faux & Friends did was wrong.

I am so very grateful to you for telling me my rights. I was so unsure that I had that right.

Dual Loyalty is question not just Muslims or Jews. That is the point of this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:47 am 
Policy Wonk

As you have already pointed out Prof, Mardem has a tenuous relationship with the truth. I dont understand why people feel the need to be dishonest about things that are so obviously another way. Same question I have for a certain administration in Washington.

(Heck, he's even knowingly lying about Gandhi in his signature. Not sure why he feels the need to claim a quote that doesnt seem to exist. He cant even claim it was just an error at this point.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

New York Post (A Murdoch Publication) piles on Representative Omar.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ilhan-om ... 8735d5f1df.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:55 pm 

New York Post (A Murdoch Publication) piles on Representative Omar.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ilhan-om ... 8735d5f1df.

And this from the party that looks the other way as president 666 and his imps sell nuclear secrets to Saudi Arabia, the country who provided most of the financing for the 9/11 attacks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Of course they were wrong. Just like Ilhan Omar was wrong when she questioned my loyalty, or your loyalty, or the loyalty of any American who doesn't see Israeli Jews as "evil doers". So these comments from the assholes on "Fox and Friends", questioning Ilhan Omar's loyalty is just more evidence that in the end, what goes around comes around.

She's a goddamn anti-Semite, and what a big surprise that the local anti-Semite is going out of his way to blast anybody who isn't ready to wash her feet at any moment.