RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is what y'all's president had to say about this incident.

He is lucky the bar is set so high for legal incitement. But of course, that's why he gets away with this sort of thing.

President Trump targets Rep. Ilhan Omar with a video of twin towers burning - WP

Quote:
President Trump on Friday tweeted a video attacking Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) for the way she phrased a reference to 9/11, adding fuel to a controversy that has swelled in Republican political circles this week. By Saturday morning, dozens of lawmakers and public figures had denounced the social media post and the sentiments behind it.

The video showed snippets of comments Omar made last month at a banquet for a Muslim civil rights organization interspersed with footage of the twin towers burning.

“WE WILL NEVER FORGET!” Trump tweeted, along with the video.

“For far too long, we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen and, frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it,” she said in the middle of a roughly 20-minute long speech. “CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange and that I am trying to make myself look pleasant. You have to say that, ‘This person is looking at me strange. I am not comfortable with it, and I am going to talk to them and ask them why.’ Because that is the right you have.”

Meanwhile earlier this week, an arrest was made of some anti-Ilhan creep making credible death threats against her.

Conservative whites really, truly, don't like it when Black women aren't afraid of them. It makes them very, very nervous.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Damn uppity Black Women for not knowing their place, next thing you know they will be wanting equal rights...just like white men.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

New York City Bodegas Boycott New York Post.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/new-yo ... ar-report/.

Right-Wing billionaire Rupert Murdoch’s New York tabloid is being boycotted for its Islamaphobic attacks on Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), The Guardian reported Saturday.

A group of New York corner-store owners has announced a boycott on the sale of the New York Post, arguing that the Rupert Murdoch-owned newspaper’s attacks on the congresswoman Ilhan Omar are making Muslim Americans less safe,” The Guardian explained.

The boycott is being led by the Yemeni American Merchants Association

The association represents Yemeni Americans who own and run an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 of New York City’s thousands of delis and corner stores, which are known as Bodegas’. Such stores are integral to the daily life of most New Yorkers, a crucial source of late-night snacks, morning coffee and newspapers and magazines,” The Guardian noted.

Murdoch also owns Fox News, which has also seen an advertiser boycott in response to the network’s far-right programming.

4,000-5,000 stores not carrying the Post will have some effect. I'm sure Fox will somehow play this off as random.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:16 pm 
Policy Wonk

New: Rep Omar speaks for herself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

An Islamophobics worst nightmare...she highly intelligent and articulate. 45 must hate her.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

An Islamophobics worst nightmare...she highly intelligent and articulate. 45 must hate her.

It's not that she's highly intelligent and articulate that frightens them. It's that she more highly intelligent and articulate than they are.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's not that she's highly intelligent and articulate that frightens them. It's that she more highly intelligent and articulate than they are.

True. But a rotten banana is more intelligent and articulate than they are.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has announced that Capitol Police are Working To "Safeguard" Congresswoman Ilham Omar (D-MN) after a tweet by 45.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/ ... rt-1274074.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Sunday that the U.S. Capitol Police and the House sergeant-at-arms “Are conducting a security assessment to safeguard Congresswoman [Ilhan] Omar, her family and her staff” following a tweet by President Donald Trump.

Trump on Friday shared an edited video of Omar superimposed over images of the 9/11 terror attacks. “We will never forget,” the president wrote on Twitter. Trump’s tweet followed widely criticized remarks by the Minnesota Democrat that seemed to play down the attack.

Not that I am surprised by this. MAGA types types have already killed innocent people in Charlottesville and Pittsburg. 45 loves to incite people.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am now angry that the dems arent acting much tougher including impeachment.

We are in such trouble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

While I remain reticent on the possible Impeachment of 45, one way to get access to the unredacted version of Mueller Report is for the House Judiciary to Impeachment Hearings. Another way is for the Judiciary Committee to call Special Prosecutor Mueller.

Somewhere out there is a Person of Conscience who will make the report comes to light. Whatever is in the Report has 45 shitting bricks. The White House has read the Report and is desperate to keep it under wraps.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

While I remain reticent on the possible Impeachment of 45, one way to get access to the unredacted version of Mueller Report is for the House Judiciary to Impeachment Hearings. Another way is for the Judiciary Committee to call Special Prosecutor Mueller.

Somewhere out there is a Person of Conscience who will make the report comes to light. Whatever is in the Report has 45 shitting bricks. The White House has read the Report and is desperate to keep it under wraps.

Babies in cages
America now considered to be unsafe for journalists
Rump refuses and so does his cabinet to obey the law in the open that if a Dem did it they would bang banged in days

WAY past calm political talk

We are in a state of crisis, constitution is gone, laws ONLY apply to you and me, etc. And yet STILL we sit and talk and basically do nothing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Babies in cages
America now considered to be unsafe for journalists
Rump refuses and so does his cabinet to obey the law in the open that if a Dem did it they would bang banged in days

WAY past calm political talk

We are in a state of crisis, constitution is gone, laws ONLY apply to you and me, etc. And yet STILL we sit and talk and basically do nothing

All that and more. We have to work within the law. Which is a bitch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Although I'd welcome impeaching Trump I'll hold off to await the Mueller Report. I'd prefer to have solid facts to support impeachment to the point members of the House and the Senate will have to agree Trump committed crimes and will have to vote to impeach Trump. Impeaching him simply because we don't like him will open the door for future presidents to be impeached simply because the majority party in Congress doesn't like him/her. Let's make sure any impeachment is done for the right reason(s) and not simply because it's politically expedient.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

45 has risen to a new level of crazy. He is now saying that Congresswoman Omar "Controls" Nancy Pelosi.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-tw ... b9a2d72b14.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Somewhere out therey is a Person of Conscience who will make the report comes to light. Whatever is in the Report has 45 shitting bricks. The White House has read the Report and is desperate to keep it under wraps.

It will take more than a "person of conscience." It will take a person with the willingness to possibly go to federal prison for 20 years. Like Snowden or Manning. Or like the great American hero of my lif and time, Daniel Ellsburg who's action actually saved lives...American and Vietnamese. At least Vietnamese who would have been killed by our people. There were plenty of Vietnamese who were shot, hanged, drowned, and buried alive by the Cong after we were gone. Nobody was going to save them.

So where's that fearless patriot going to come from? Manning is back in jail and Snowden is gone forever. Is there another?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

It will take more than a "person of conscience." It will take a person with the willingness to possibly go to federal prison for 20 years. Like Snowden or Manning. Or like the great American hero of my lif and time, Daniel Ellsburg who's action actually saved lives...American and Vietnamese. At least Vietnamese who would have been killed by our people. There were plenty of Vietnamese who were shot, hanged, drowned, and buried alive by the Cong after we were gone. Nobody was going to save them.

So where's that fearless patriot going to come from? Manning is back in jail and Snowden is gone forever. Is there another?

Snowden is traitor. He hightailed it to Russia, he is not a hero. Manning took the heat, Snowden ran like the coward he is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Snowden is traitor.

Fuck off.

Daniel Ellsberg on Snowden:
"Snowden was the one person in the fucking NSA who did what he absolutely should have done. I hope that he finds a haven, as safe as possible from kidnapping or assassination by U.S. Special Operations forces, preferably where he can speak freely."

Daniel Ellsberg's message directly to Snowden:
"How many people should've done what you did! We all took the same oath to protect and defend the Constitution. There are people who violate it all the time. There are people who are against it, like Cheney and some others. But when it comes to upholding that oath, no one in the U.S. military services, including the commander in chief, has fulfilled her oath to defend and support the Constitution like Chelsea Manning. And no one in the executive branch, or in any branch, has fulfilled the oath to uphold and protect the Constitution as well as you, so thank you."

Between Ellsburg's opinion on Snowden and the opinion of the likes of you...I'm gonna go with Ellsburg.

So tell me...have you risked your freedom to save any lives today justme? Daniel Ellsberg saved thousands of American lives and hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese lives. You couldn't wipe his ass...or Snowden's either. So I'm gonna go with his appraisal of Snowden. You can go bash some Jews somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Snowden took his job with the intention of betraying his country. He ran to Russia. He refused to face the consequences of his actions. He is coward.

Both Manning and Ellsberg had their courage of their convictions. Snowden has no such courage. Both Ellsberg and Manning faced their accusers. Snowden did not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Snowden took his job with the intention of betraying his country. He ran to Russia. He refused to face the consequences of his actions. He is coward.

Both Manning and Ellsberg had their courage of their convictions. Snowden has no such courage. Both Ellsberg and Manning faced their accusers. Snowden did not.

I know. You think he's Jewish. He's not Jewish.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

45 is driving his cult to commit violence against Ms. Omar. His attacks are making things worse.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's ridiculous Trump is politicizing 9/11. BTW, I do not think Omar was "minimizing" the event. I understood her point and it was correct, Muslims were demonized after 9/11, people even attacked Sikhs mistakenly thinking they were Muslim.

However, Trump has said some ridiculous things about it. (No, he's not a "truther," but he's spread other nonsense.)

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/politics ... rump-9-11/

He's claimed, impossibly, to have witnessed victims jumping out of the World Trade Center to their deaths from four miles away at Trump Tower. He described helping clear rubble from Ground Zero, though no one can remember him doing so. He boasted the day after the attack that he was temporarily the owner of the tallest building in Manhattan.

And he has spread a lie that across the Hudson River in New Jersey, "thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down," a baseless tale he relayed to campaign audiences at the same time he was promising to ban all Muslims from entering the country.

[snip]

He has no moral authority to be talking about 9/11 at all," said Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-New York, on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday. Nadler's district includes the World Trade Center.

Nadler cited Trump's receipt of $150,000 in state small business funds after the attack as evidence of the President's craven approach to the disaster. Trump has explained the grant as reimbursement for allowing recovery workers to use one of his buildings, Forty Wall Street, to store supplies. But people involved in the disbursement of the funds have said previously they weren't meant for repayment purposes, according to the New York Daily News.

[snip][end]

Quel surprise, he may have even done some 9/11 self-dealing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 am 
Board Emeritus

He hightailed it to Russia, he is not a hero.

Sure hope he's not gay...

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

While appearing on Fox News host Sean Hannity’s show Monday, former NYPD commissioner Bernard Kerik falsely claimed Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) is “Infatuated with Al Qaeda, with Hamas, Hezbollah,” continuing the stream of Islamophobic attacks from right-wing media and conservative politicians, including President Donald Trump, targeted at the Muslim congresswoman.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ilhan-om ... aab08cf3cc.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has requested the Capitol Police to ensure the safety of Congresswoman Omar, her family and her staff. The Commissioner Kerik lied out his ass about Ms. Omar. Slant Head has no problem with Islamophobia on his program.

45 is making her target of his own brand of hate.

And Hannity just has to join in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

For a former police commissioner to lie about someone like that, putting their life in danger, should be considered criminal. He should be in jail and lose any retirement he has.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

While appearing on Fox News host Sean Hannity’s show Monday, former NYPD commissioner Bernard Kerik falsely claimed Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) is “Infatuated with Al Qaeda, with Hamas, Hezbollah,” continuing the stream of Islamophobic attacks from right-wing media and conservative politicians, including President Donald Trump, targeted at the Muslim congresswoman.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ilhan-om ... aab08cf3cc.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has requested the Capitol Police to ensure the safety of Congresswoman Omar, her family and her staff. The Commissioner Kerik lied out his ass about Ms. Omar. Slant Head has no problem with Islamophobia on his program.

45 is making her target of his own brand of hate.

And Hannity just has to join in.

Is that the Bernard Kerik who was found to be employing an illegal immigrant as a nanny? The same Bernard Kerik who pleaded guilty to two ethics violations being fined $221,000? Is it the same Bernard Kerik who pleaded guilty to eight federal charges, including tax fraud and false statements resulting in a sentence of four years in federal prison? That Bernard Kerik? If so, he's hardly a person whose word can be taken seriously.