RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

I can't find anything he says or anything in his history that bugs me. As opposed to the two people in front of him or a number of people who trail him in the current polls.

Nonspecific and a bit superficial but at this point that describes a lot of the candidates.

Quote:
And hes the only one with the guts to directly call Pence on his arrogance, homophobia, and religious bigotry. What are the rest of them afraid of?

Trump is the one he needs to concentrate on; not Pence.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Because of the change in the Primary Date, Californians will need to make up their minds earlier than they expect. I supported the change in Primary, we were pretty much an after thought. Candidates will be barnstorming the state after January in full force.

I urge members to remember to look for the Union Bug on Democratic Party Campaign Literature you will find in your mail box or on your door step. If you do not find one, discard that mailer and also inform you County Democratic Party.

The Debates are scheduled to begin in June or July, let's see who survives the first round. Some of lesser known Candidates are just running to put their out there for a higher office in their state.

I'm not pushing anyone to decide now, I know a few who are and I try to avoid them. As told the Inslee Campaign I have not made a decision yet. It was a little annoying to get the call. I put their campaign on my ignore list for right now. There is a difference between wanting to be there first and being annoying.

California has the largest delegation but our primary was near the end of the primary season and by the time our primary came the nomination was already decided. By having our primary in March California once again becomes a major player in the nomination process.

I always look at who is mailing out campaign literature and I tend to support labor recommendations over any other groups' recommendations.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Your first priority is spot on. Your last priority is very important as well

I just picked up the "Any Responsible Adult 2020" bumper sticker for my leftist hybrid. So far all the announced candidates seem to be responsible adults, but the last 26 months may have left my responsible adult scanning ability a bit rusty. To be honest...there's a big part of me that doesn't trust anybody who would want the fucking job.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

I just picked up the "Any Responsible Adult 2020" bumper sticker for my leftist hybrid. So far all the announced candidates seem to be responsible adults, but the last 26 months may have left my responsible adult scanning ability a bit rusty. To be honest...there's a big part of me that doesn't trust anybody who would want the fucking job.

I saw that bumper sticker at the Navy commissary last week. It was on a vehicle parked in a reserved space for O-6s and above.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nonspecific and a bit superficial but at this point that describes a lot of the candidates.

Trump is the one he needs to concentrate on; not Pence.

That's me, non-specific and superficial...in spades.

Trump will obviously be running in 2020, if he wants it, it's his. And he knows it will keep him out of jail if he gets re-elected. But Pence is the future of the Republican Party. Unless something radically changes. He has played his office well. Never crossing Trump but laying off the inane verbalizing. He sounds no different from when he was governor of Indiana. The base will go for him big time, and the rest of the party knows it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's me, non-specific and superficial...in spades.

Trump will obviously be running in 2020, if he wants it, it's his. And he knows it will keep him out of jail if he gets re-elected. But Pence is the future of the Republican Party. Unless something radically changes. He has played his office well. Never crossing Trump but laying off the inane verbalizing. He sounds no different from when he was governor of Indiana. The base will go for him big time, and the rest of the party knows it.

Apparently there might be some sealed indictments (which stops the statue of limitations clock) that once he leaves office, in either 2021 or 2022, will be awaiting him. The problem is whether or not he gives himself a pardon before leaving which means the issue will go before the courts.

As for Pence, after being Trump's minion the only ones who will vote for him are the Christianistas and the terminally stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Apparently there might be some sealed indictments (which stops the statue of limitations clock) that once he leaves office, in either 2021 or 2022, will be awaiting him. The problem is whether or not he gives himself a pardon before leaving which means the issue will go before the courts.

As for Pence, after being Trump's minion the only ones who will vote for him are the Christianistas and the terminally stupid.

There is also the likelihood that the organization and Trump personally violated laws in the various states where they were, and are doing business. He cannot pardon himself for breaking state laws, only federal laws.

It will be more than the religious right, and MAGA morons who would support Pence. The wealthy who are only interested in their tax bill will back him. I believe the same 80% of Republican voters who approve of Trump will vote for Pence.

But it seems to me we are split into tribes now. Most of us identify with one of the two tribes. Speaking only for myself, I have grown to hate the other tribe and hate the members therein. I dont have to know who is running for office anymore. I only need to know the party.

Republicans will support Mike Pence because he isn't a Democrat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 am 
Board Emeritus

The only reason 45 would run is to forestall the opening of the indictments . As for Pence, he is dead in the water. His association 45 has killed him politically. He is constantly sucking to der GroppenFuhrer in order to save his job. Some people seem to think he might dropped in favor someone else. Which might explain Lindsey Graham and his own sucking up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:00 am 
Board Emeritus

A lot of us (Black women voters) are tentatively Team Warren for a reason.

Maybe ppl will listen, this time, but I'm not holding my breath for that. Plus, it's still WAY too early to try and surmise this, yet.

Warren approaches breakout with black voters: The Massachusetts Democrat's policies and focus on racial inequality have sparked intense interest from black activists - Politico

Quote:
The Massachusetts senator launched into a brief history lesson on African-American homebuyers being rejected outside designated areas, black families getting hit hardest by subprime mortgages and foreclosures during the 2008 crash, and black homeownership still lagging far behind whites. “That’s a problem, and it’s a race problem,” Warren thundered, emphasizing “race” as the crowd erupted into applause. “And we need to attack it head on.”

Warren is stuck in single digits in national polls and is being overshadowed by white male rivals like Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg. But her consistent attention to racial disparities — and her truckful of policy proposals to fix them across every economic issue — is drawing praise from a critical voting bloc that could eventually pay dividends: African-Americans, and especially African-American women.

It's not just the focus on racial inequities, though. It's the decade in Congress as a senator, the nerdy/wonky prof vibe, the legit Oklahoma accent (ok, well for me that is a thing for personal history reasons), and the overall sense that yeah, I can see this person as president.

Oh yes, and she's encouraging the House to impeach. Whether DJT gets impeached or not, whether he gets convicted or not, after the Muller report, Congress has a moral imperative to act. It's not just because he's the worst president, ever. It's because he is very clearly compromised and think what you will about the USA, our f'ed up histories, our overaggressive militarism and other duplicitous behavior: a compromised head of state is bad news for all of us. And because of that, all of us are in a very dangerous, unprecedented situation.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:15 am 
Policy Wonk

+++++

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Addendum: the Republican Party has shown itself to be absolutely devoid of any responsible adults.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

The only reason 45 would run is to forestall the opening of the indictments . As for Pence, he is dead in the water. His association 45 has killed him politically. He is constantly sucking to der GroppenFuhrer in order to save his job. Some people seem to think he might dropped in favor someone else. Which might explain Lindsey Graham and his own sucking up.

Pence is bland and boring. He would keep the Trump base and attract a larger number of the Anyone-but-Trump republicans but he would have trouble against just about any Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Pence is bland and boring. He would keep the Trump base and attract a larger number of the Anyone-but-Trump republicans but he would have trouble against just about any Democratic candidate.

Pence has no presence. He has become 45's doormat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:41 pm 
Policy Wonk

Nah. Doormats are useful.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nah. Doormats are useful.

Yeah, Pence "The Doormat" would have too much dirt and muck from his association with Trump.