LA Dodgers: WTF?

Football, Baseball, Curling... All the Important Ones!
ZoWie

LA Dodgers: WTF?

Post by ZoWie »

Here's the problem, for those who didn't suffer through the last two Dodger seasons: They have no pitchers.

This is evident from any game you choose to watch. You might have missed the last two. I know I did. For some reason known only to the great gods that manage baseball, they played them in Korea. That's right, folks. The Great American Game opened its season on the other side of the planet. None dare ask why. In sports you don't ask too many questions.

Now, everyone who hasn't been in an extended space mission knows that the Dodgers signed Ohtani. Some might know that they gave away their future to get him. 700 million dollar contract. Biggest in the history of pro sports.

I am led to believe that in the second game the Dodgers lost by a huge amount. In one inning, it took 51 pitches to get three batters out. Ohtani wasn't pitching. He can't pitch every game, you know. In fact, I believe he's still playing hurt. He can hit in every game, but in this one that didn't mean much.

Meanwhile, Ohtani comes to his new team with a major betting scandal at no extra charge. The details are very, very murky, but one of his people has been caught betting big bucks on sports, the same thing that got Pete Rose suspended, and he has been summarily let go. Now, the question on Ohtani is, "What did he know and when did he know it?" That's right. It's Watergate time in Dodger land.

One is left thinking that 700 million would have bought a lot of great pitchers.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Number6

Re: LA Dodgers: WTF?

Post by Number6 »

The Dodgers are placing a lot of their future hopes on Ohtani. He might not do much pitching this season but they'll use him for his batting expertise.

The gambling by his interpreter could explode in the Dodger's face if it turns out Ohtani knew of it and the extent he was involved.

As for the second game, the Padres scored 5 runs in the first inning and four runs in the third inning. All total the Padres scored 15 runs off 17 hits while the Dodgers scored 11 runs on 16 hits and 3 errors. If, as you said, the Dodger don't have any pitching then the NL West is going to be competitive with the Padres and Diamondbacks.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

I'm amazed how my Mets who were linked to these players with negative intangibles keep dodging them with their luck first Trevor Bauer with the sexual assault scandal & now Shohei's Interpreter with gambling that is wild.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Don't forget the Dodger pitcher who punched his wife right in front of a crowd at a soccer game and got suspended. Just what the Dodgers needed when their entire pitching staff is too old, hurt, or (usually) both.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22