Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

What's up today?

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

Ike Bana
Board Emeritus
Posts: 20776
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by Ike Bana »

We've only identified a couple of dozen times that the US House needs to do it's job related to impeachments regardless of what the Republican majority Senate does.

ap215
Board Emeritus
Posts: 13225
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 am

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by ap215 »

Rep. Ayanna Pressley to Present Resolution to Impeach Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Rep. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts was expected to introduce an impeachment resolution against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh after new report of sexual misconduct.

The resolution would call for an impeachment inquiry into Kavanaugh following a New York Times story that detailed a new allegation of sexual misconduct.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/Ay ... 78211.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ap215
Board Emeritus
Posts: 13225
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 am

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by ap215 »

Pelosi and other Democrats say no to Kavanaugh impeachment

Washington (CNN) House Democratic leaders and rank-and-file members are dismissing calls to impeach Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, with some arguing the House has limited investigative resources and others saying it is a politically toxic issue.

Asked on Tuesday night if she sees the House spending any time on the Kavanaugh matter, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi responded with a simple "no."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/politics ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JoeMemphis
Board Emeritus
Posts: 7095
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by JoeMemphis »

ap215 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:35 pm wrote:Pelosi and other Democrats say no to Kavanaugh impeachment

Washington (CNN) House Democratic leaders and rank-and-file members are dismissing calls to impeach Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, with some arguing the House has limited investigative resources and others saying it is a politically toxic issue.

Asked on Tuesday night if she sees the House spending any time on the Kavanaugh matter, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi responded with a simple "no."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/politics ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So what does that tell you? Does it mean that Pelosi doesn’t believe it makes for good politics? Does it mean that she doesn’t think they can make a case strong enough after 30 years. Or does it mean that she doesn’t believe such a case would carry the day in the Senate. Personally, I think it is a little of each.

The complaint I keep hearing is that the confirmation was rammed thru and that the FBI did not have ample opportunity to investigate the charges. I get how some folks feel that way. The question I have is why Sen Feinstein sat on this information in the first place? She had a responsibility to the country, the court, her committee and yet she sat on information that involved a nominee to the SCOTUS and a possible felony and she said nothing while the clock ran out. Did she have a duty to report this to someone? If this had not leaked, would she have said nothing? She knew more about this case than anyone and she sat silent. It makes me question the whole case. It makes me wonder if all this is just more political gamesmanship. If she was so sure Kavanaugh was guilty, why did she wait so long to speak up? Why didn’t she launch a confidential investigation by the FBI? She has tons of experience in these matters and knows exactly how these things work. I don’t get it. I haven’t heard a good explantion for this.

I don’t know if Kavanaugh is a perv or not. Maybe he was in college. I don’t know. But the way the opposition to his nomination handled the matter did not help their case IMO.

marindem01
Policy Wonk
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 am

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by marindem01 »

Pelosi is afraid of her own damn shadow.
"The Clouded Mind See's Nothing", The Shadow.

User avatar
ProfessorX
Board Emeritus
Posts: 17614
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: Sunny South Florida

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by ProfessorX »

NY Times Reporters Say Kavanaugh Asked Them To Lie In Exchange For An Interview
Reporters Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly said that Justice Brett Kavanaugh agreed to speak to them as long as they publicly said he declined the interview.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/new-york ... 9d47233e56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New York Times reporters Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly said that Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh agreed to let them interview him for their upcoming book ― as long as they would publicly lie about it.

Speaking at the National Press Club in Washington on Wednesday, Kelly and Pogrebin said that Kavanaugh said he would talk to the reporters to provide them with background information as long as they falsely noted in the book that he declined to be interviewed.

[snip][end]

What a surprise. Lyin' BLOATUS picks liar for SCOTUS.

Tell me lies...
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCGD9dT12C0[/BBvideo]
BTW ... they're dressed in farm clothes on a farm in this video. Does that make it "country music"? :rw) Anyway ... it is a beautiful song.
-- Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.
Malaclypse the Younger

Ike Bana
Board Emeritus
Posts: 20776
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by Ike Bana »

JoeMemphis » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:51 pm wrote: So what does that tell you?
What it tells me Joe, is that Democratic politicians are just as guilty of being vote whoring shitbags as are Republican politicians. As stated in AP215's post above...it's all about political toxicity. Republicans will back Trump out of fear of the loss of a fucking vote from some Joe Sixpack in Cabbageville. Democrats will argue against impeachment of a pedophile president or impeachment of a sniveling sexual assault perp Supreme Court Justice out of the fear of losing the vote from some Joe Sixpack in the Bronx.

What a great system by which to manage the affairs of a country. If its politically expedient we back it...if it ain't, we don't.

Old man Daley always used to say, "Good politics is good government." My ass. What this five cent cigar needs is a good country.

User avatar
ProfessorX
Board Emeritus
Posts: 17614
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: Sunny South Florida

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by ProfessorX »

Kamala Harris Calls For Formal Impeachment Inquiry Into Brett Kavanaugh
The presidential hopeful wrote that we must “get to work holding our leaders accountable” in the wake of a new sexual misconduct claim against the Supreme Court justice.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-h ... 3cdda72110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Presidential contender Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) called for a formal impeachment inquiry into Brett Kavanaugh on Friday in the wake of a new sexual misconduct claim against the Supreme Court justice.

“I write to urge the House Judiciary Committee to take appropriate action to investigate recent reports about Associate Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, and to hold Mr. Kavanaugh accountable for his prior conduct and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee,” Harris wrote in a letter, dated Sept. 17, to the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.).

[snip][end]
-- Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.
Malaclypse the Younger

User avatar
Libertas
Board Emeritus
Posts: 18873
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by Libertas »

ProfessorX » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:29 pm wrote:Kamala Harris Calls For Formal Impeachment Inquiry Into Brett Kavanaugh
The presidential hopeful wrote that we must “get to work holding our leaders accountable” in the wake of a new sexual misconduct claim against the Supreme Court justice.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-h ... 3cdda72110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Presidential contender Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) called for a formal impeachment inquiry into Brett Kavanaugh on Friday in the wake of a new sexual misconduct claim against the Supreme Court justice.

“I write to urge the House Judiciary Committee to take appropriate action to investigate recent reports about Associate Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, and to hold Mr. Kavanaugh accountable for his prior conduct and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee,” Harris wrote in a letter, dated Sept. 17, to the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.).

[snip][end]
Absofuckinglutely

He is not only a serial rapist but the least qualified person to ever be appointed.
Excuse me while I use a BROAD BRUSH to say anyone who spends one minute defending anything rump is just as guilty as he is of all his crimes

User avatar
carmenjonze
Board Emeritus
Posts: 24792
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfessorX » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:57 am wrote:NY Times Reporters Say Kavanaugh Asked Them To Lie In Exchange For An Interview
Reporters Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly said that Justice Brett Kavanaugh agreed to speak to them as long as they publicly said he declined the interview.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/new-york ... 9d47233e56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New York Times reporters Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly said that Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh agreed to let them interview him for their upcoming book ― as long as they would publicly lie about it.

Speaking at the National Press Club in Washington on Wednesday, Kelly and Pogrebin said that Kavanaugh said he would talk to the reporters to provide them with background information as long as they falsely noted in the book that he declined to be interviewed.

[snip][end]

What a surprise. Lyin' BLOATUS picks liar for SCOTUS.

Tell me lies...
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCGD9dT12C0[/BBvideo]
BTW ... they're dressed in farm clothes on a farm in this video. Does that make it "country music"? :rw) Anyway ... it is a beautiful song.
Ha my 2nd real gf was a dead ringer for Christine McVie, who is still a keyboard idol of mine. Did you know Fleetwood Mac started out as a blues band? Their blues stuff is really good.

But yeah I am not surprised at all that this [accused] attempted rapist is also completely dishonest. This is what passes for justice among conservatives.

Stop calling the cops on us.

User avatar
Libertas
Board Emeritus
Posts: 18873
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:35 pm wrote:
Ha my 2nd real gf was a dead ringer for Christine McVie, who is still a keyboard idol of mine. Did you know Fleetwood Mac started out as a blues band? Their blues stuff is really good.

But yeah I am not surprised at all that this [accused] attempted rapist is also completely dishonest. This is what passes for justice among conservatives.
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8RhZDGLEXM[/BBvideo]
Excuse me while I use a BROAD BRUSH to say anyone who spends one minute defending anything rump is just as guilty as he is of all his crimes

User avatar
carmenjonze
Board Emeritus
Posts: 24792
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: Democrats Calling Kavanaugh For Impeachment

Post by carmenjonze »


Stop calling the cops on us.

Post Reply