Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

What do you all think?

I know for a fact he doesnt care if all human beings in Iran died tomorrow, but he does care what his FILTH think of him and have they told him no war?

We know putin wants, well wait, what does Putin want? He wants to sell HIS oil he stole from the Russian people.

So ???

His FILTH are his supporters. Including the fuckers on this board who support treason.

BTW it is time to speak out in public, I am doing it so if you dont hear from me it is because MAGA shot me. When I am in a public place I take every opportunity to explain rump is a TRAITOR.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

a) the Houthis said they did it. The Iranians deny it. That Pompeo and others choose to ignore that is their business.
b) Don changes his mind with the frequency of hogs passing gas, but he said, when most recently asked, he doesn't want war with Iran.
c) He fired the guy in his admin (Bolton) who he says most wanted war with Iran.

All I can say is I hope not, because a war with Iran would be a horrible disaster for this country and the world under any leader, but with a commander-in-chief this cowardly, incompetent, and moronic, could be an even worse disaster than usual.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

The biggest coward in history? Oh please...for fucking christ's sake. I can come up with a whole list of people worse than Trump. The entire Nazi high command. The entire high command of the Confederacy. The guy down the street who went to prison for raping his 9 year old daughter.

BUT YOU'RE NOT RACIST....EXCEPT WHEN YOU ARE.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

a) the Houthis said they did it. The Iranians deny it. That Pompeo and others choose to ignore that is their business.
b) Don changes his mind with the frequency of hogs passing gas, but he said, when most recently asked, he doesn't want war with Iran.
c) He fired the guy in his admin (Bolton) who he says most wanted war with Iran.

All I can say is I hope not, because a war with Iran would be a horrible disaster for this country and the world under any leader, but with a commander-in-chief this cowardly, incompetent, and moronic, could be an even worse disaster than usual.

Plus, Iran has nukes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

He just said he is willing to use the "ultimate option"

Ike just lost ANY credibility he could ever have, picking at my choice to call rump the biggest coward and not talking about the actual issue and problem.

He is here ONLY to mock and ridicule others and for that reason I will not respond to him again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

What do you all think?

I know for a fact he doesnt care if all human beings in Iran died tomorrow, but he does care what his FILTH think of him and have they told him no war?

We know putin wants, well wait, what does Putin want? He wants to sell HIS oil he stole from the Russian people.

So ???

His FILTH are his supporters. Including the fuckers on this board who support treason.

BTW it is time to speak out in public, I am doing it so if you dont hear from me it is because MAGA shot me. When I am in a public place I take every opportunity to explain rump is a TRAITOR.

Well since you asked. Supposedly there is evidence to support the accusation that Iran is behind the attack. So I would want an explanation as to what that evidence contains, how it was sourced, is it reliable, etc.. How and if I would react would depend on how confident I was in the evidence

Secondly, we have allies in the region and in Europe directly affected by this situation. I’d be talking to them.

Finally, there are other options other than that the military. I would consider those alternatives and the pros and cons associated with each

At this point I cannot say for sure what I would or would not support. I don’t know that we know the full story.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Plus, Iran has nukes.

It's complicated. :D

They say they don't have any yet. (By "any" I mean ballistic missiles with nuclear armed warheads.) The IAEA seems to agree.

In fact, one of their mullahs famously proclaimed it would be "un-Islamic" of the country to have nuclear weapons, and of course, they have always said, supposedly, all they want is uranium enrichment sufficient for civilian nuclear power, not building warheads. On the other hand, well, they've got some facilities that look like they have centrifuges that enrich past that point.

Now they also say they're not trying to build any. Here, it's not just Trump or Bolton that has doubts. Europe and IAEA do too.

The Iran Nuclear Deal was, supposedly, keeping them from building any ... but its status post-Trump has been ... unclear.

https://www.nti.org/learn/countries/iran/

There's a chance they could, at this point, have some ... now. Due to abrogation of the Deal. If so, they are not officially saying.

Anyway, also from that link ... whether they have any chemical or biological weapons, the other kind of WMDs, is also ... uncertain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

Well since you asked. Supposedly there is evidence to support the accusation that Iran is behind the attack. So I would want an explanation as to what that evidence contains, how it was sourced, is it reliable, etc.. How and if I would react would depend on how confident I was in the evidence

Secondly, we have allies in the region and in Europe directly affected by this situation. I’d be talking to them.

Finally, there are other options other than that the military. I would consider those alternatives and the pros and cons associated with each

At this point I cannot say for sure what I would or would not support. I don’t know that we know the full story.

Full story? In a nut shell....The Persians want their power back and seem a bit more than willing to call Trump's bluff with the oil card.

i see they recently took another tanker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

War with Iran is not the same as with Saddam, and that one broke this country.

This one would end it. There would be some kind of autocracy where the USA used to be.

We could look forward to:

1. Much larger troop commitment than Iraq. A sufficient army to see the conflict through would require a draft. All those kids who registered because after all there's no chance they'll go, would start going. Chosen in some arbitrary manner. Probably women too this time.

2. Incredible casualties, on both sides, also civilian. Destruction on a scale that makes the Yemen disaster look like nothing.

3. Possibility of nuclear escalation. Iran can't fire nukes at the US, but it might repeat might be able to bring one close enough to the military operation in an old truck. US would of course retaliate in kind. Even if if stays conventional, likely tens of thousands of Americans coming home in boxes. Just like Vietnam only worse. Are we, as a society, ready for this?

4. High probability that, if Iran was losing, Russia would support them. Then we're fighting Russia by proxy. The possibilities range from just bad to doomsday.

5. Consolidation of power by autocrats in the United States, with or without a formal declaration of war. Escalation of executive overreach. The country will be unrecognizable in 5 years.

6. Likely involvement of other Middle Eastern countries along ethnic and sectarian lines. Likely the descent of the entire region into total war. Oil supplies cut off, economic collapse in many countries, probably worldwide. Mass violence and partial loss of social organization. Some effects will be permanent.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump is beholding, fianancially, to to the Saudis just as he is to the Russians and others so whatever they want is what he'll do. The thing is Saudi Arabia has bought tens of billions of dollars of weapons and weapon systems over the past couple of decades so why should the U.S. take military action when the Saudis have Made-in-the-USA weapons to make a military response?

I could see the U.S. providing the Saudis militarily with logistics and reconnaissance but other than that the Saudis need to do it themselves. The U.S. doesn't need to be the Military R' US of the world. We've had enough of wars to last a couple of lifetimes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

War with Iran is not the same as with Saddam, and that one broke this country.

This one would end it. There would be some kind of autocracy where the USA used to be.

We could look forward to:

1. Much larger troop commitment than Iraq. A sufficient army to see the conflict through would require a draft. All those kids who registered because after all there's no chance they'll go, would start going. Chosen in some arbitrary manner. Probably women too this time.

2. Incredible casualties, on both sides, also civilian. Destruction on a scale that makes the Yemen disaster look like nothing.

3. Possibility of nuclear escalation. Iran can't fire nukes at the US, but it might repeat might be able to bring one close enough to the military operation in an old truck. US would of course retaliate in kind. Even if if stays conventional, likely tens of thousands of Americans coming home in boxes. Just like Vietnam only worse. Are we, as a society, ready for this?

4. High probability that, if Iran was losing, Russia would support them. Then we're fighting Russia by proxy. The possibilities range from just bad to doomsday.

5. Consolidation of power by autocrats in the United States, with or without a formal declaration of war. Escalation of executive overreach. The country will be unrecognizable in 5 years.

6. Likely involvement of other Middle Eastern countries along ethnic and sectarian lines. Likely the descent of the entire region into total war. Oil supplies cut off, economic collapse in many countries, probably worldwide. Mass violence and partial loss of social organization. Some effects will be permanent.

For the most part, agreed. the only thing i'd put an emphasis on...

Quote:
Oil supplies cut off, economic collapse in many countries, probably worldwide.

i'm starting to get the impression Iran would actually go there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rump is making promises to a foreign leader that were so troubling a whistle-blower risked her or his life to report it

You cons still support the filthy traitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:17 am 
Board Emeritus

It's complicated. :D

They say they don't have any yet. (By "any" I mean ballistic missiles with nuclear armed warheads.) The IAEA seems to agree.

In fact, one of their mullahs famously proclaimed it would be "un-Islamic" of the country to have nuclear weapons, and of course, they have always said, supposedly, all they want is uranium enrichment sufficient for civilian nuclear power, not building warheads. On the other hand, well, they've got some facilities that look like they have centrifuges that enrich past that point.

Now they also say they're not trying to build any. Here, it's not just Trump or Bolton that has doubts. Europe and IAEA do too.

The Iran Nuclear Deal was, supposedly, keeping them from building any ... but its status post-Trump has been ... unclear.

https://www.nti.org/learn/countries/iran/

There's a chance they could, at this point, have some ... now. Due to abrogation of the Deal. If so, they are not officially saying.

Anyway, also from that link ... whether they have any chemical or biological weapons, the other kind of WMDs, is also ... uncertain.

Yes you're right - I spoke too soon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes you're right - I spoke too soon!

Rump is making promises to our enemy and the cons on this board have no opinion on that.

If it was Obama they would get their guns and go hunting, let alone impeach and scream from the top of their lungs.

H Y P O C R I T E S

and traitors

I wish they would openly admit they would rather have putin and his people here, i.e. white racist bigots instead of us. That they dont care about democracy, just getting rid of us! Us as in any POC or any LGBTQ or Muslim or Jewish person etc., liberal.

Liberal, you know, the people who want clean air and water.

rump is fighting to force CA to sell dirty cars

amazing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rump is making promises to our enemy and the cons on this board have no opinion on that.

If it was Obama they would get their guns and go hunting, let alone impeach and scream from the top of their lungs.

H Y P O C R I T E S

and traitors

I wish they would openly admit they would rather have putin and his people here, i.e. white racist bigots instead of us. That they dont care about democracy, just getting rid of us! Us as in any POC or any LGBTQ or Muslim or Jewish person etc., liberal.

Liberal, you know, the people who want clean air and water.

rump is fighting to force CA to sell dirty cars

amazing

White conservatism is eliminationist violence. I can’t think of a time when it hasn’t been. They start with their own families.