RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Toto, we are no longer in Kansas, anymore.

Trump’s promise to a foreign leader was ‘so troubling’ a whistleblower is sounding the alarms: report
https://www.alternet.org/2019/09/trumps ... ms-report/

House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff revealed last weekend that an intelligence community whistleblower has been stymied in trying to push through a formal complain about an undisclosed “urgent” matter by the director of national intelligence. And on Wednesday night, the Washington Post broke a story claiming to reveal the explosive outlines of that claim — which reportedly centers on President Donald Trump and an unnamed foreign leader.

“Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a ‘promise’ that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly,” the Post reported.

[snip][end]

Within the time frame of this complaint, one of the foreign leaders Trump made a phone call around July 31st was .... Vladmir Putin.

BTW, around that time period, he also had phone calls with Kim Jong Un and the Emir of Qatar.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you dont denounce rump you are my enemy, you are trying to kill me

DEAR GOD WHAT WILL IT TAKE

:evil: :twisted:

If you dont denounce him you are not an American, fuck off and dont talk to me EVER

It was either putin or SA as to the murder of Khashoggi

Either way rump is a vile pile of human filth who if a dem did ONE ONE THOUSANDTH every con on this board would get their gun and go hunting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

OK ... on O'Donnell's show they're discussing this. Sometimes things are literally hiding in plain sight.

On July 31st, Trump made a phone call to Putin. Here is how it was described to the American people:

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... sias-putin

According to the maladmin, they talked about Siberian wildfires and trade. Boring stuff.

Now, here is how the Russian media described this phone call to their own people (translated):

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/61196

The US President offered help in putting out wildfires in Siberia.

The President of Russia expressed sincere gratitude for the kind attention and the offer of help and assistance. Vladimir Putin said he will accept the offer if it becomes necessary. He also told his American colleague that a powerful group of aircraft had been formed in Siberia to fight the wildfires. According to the Emergencies Ministry, solutions have been found to problems with the refuelling and deployment of airplanes and helicopters.

The President of Russia regards the US President’s offer as a sign that it is possible that full-scale bilateral relations will be restored in the future.

[snip][end]

Notice that last part in bold? Isn't it a little bit odd that aspect of the phone call was never mentioned in American accounts?

Let's just say my Spidey Sense is a bit atingle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

And you know what professor no matter how egregious no matter how harmful his actions were the Republicans will still support him over Democrats, like I said they want Us gone

They are fucking traitors and we all know it ,we need to start saying it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

The professor's explanation seems like the right one, barring further clarifications that might or might not emerge. drumpf called his boss Vlad and promised something bigger than wildfire assistance, though in the current situation that would be big enough. It got someone concerned enough to send it to the IG. Now drumpf's DNI is blocking the IG from testifying, Congress is insisting that he does, and yet another subpoena war impends.

But it's "too soon to impeach." </irony>.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

If WaPo is correct, tonight, I (and many others) had the wrong country. Not Russia. But right nearby.

Whistleblower Complaint Against Trump Reportedly Involves Ukraine
A U.S. intelligence official’s concerns about Trump’s “promises” to a foreign leader involve Ukraine, The Washington Post reported.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... d468c9e2a3

A whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump reportedly involves Ukraine, two sources familiar with the matter each told The Washington Post and The New York Times on Thursday.

[snip]

The Times then reported Thursday that the whistleblower’s complaint involves additional incidents about Trump.

Trump’s relationship with Ukraine has made headlines in recent weeks. Earlier this month, three House committees launched an investigation into whether Trump and his attorney Rudy Giuliani tried to manipulate the Ukrainian government into helping Trump’s bid for reelection.

“A growing public record indicates that, for nearly two years, the President and his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, appear to have acted outside legitimate law enforcement and diplomatic channels to coerce the Ukrainian government into pursuing two politically-motivated investigations under the guise of anti-corruption activity,” a group of committee chairmen wrote.

Part of their investigation is looking into whether Trump and Giuliani asked Ukraine officials to target Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden, whose past dealings in the country have recently come under scrutiny. Among the claims they are probing is that Trump threatened to withhold $250 million in aid to Ukraine over these requests, though he reinstated it several days after the House probes were announced.

[snip][end]

I think what may have happened is coming into view.

Looks like Trump (& Ghouliani) may have made some "promises" to Ukraine (maybe mixed with threats to withhold foreign/military aid) in order to convince/coerce their government to give them "dirt" on Hunter Biden, Joe's son.

My guess is Trump may have made a secret "unauthorized" offer to Ukraine that he did not discuss with other aspects of the intel/nat sec/foreign policy sector. So this whistleblower felt the need to come forward.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

All I know prof is if a Dem did this, if Obama or Hillary did this, Joe and the rest of them would not be posting, they would be hunting and DEMANDING impeachment by tonight or ELSE and then they would start shooting.
SCUM

ALL of them.

Hope they keep up their habit of never having anything to say about their traitorous leader and dont think they can come on board at the last minute with us patriots.

You are all on record already, you had your chance to be patriots. too bad, so sad

and please dont post in any thread I am in because I refuse to post in any thread one of you is in

As you know prof, I focus more on those who are giving him the GREEN LIGHT to be a traitor than on him personally. He has no human emotions and cant do what a decent person does, so I blame him less than I blame EVERY con.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

All I know prof is if a Dem did this, if Obama or Hillary did this, Joe and the rest of them would not be posting, they would be hunting and DEMANDING impeachment by tonight or ELSE and then they would start shooting.
SCUM

ALL of them.

Hope they keep up their habit of never having anything to say about their traitorous leader and dont think they can come on board at the last minute with us patriots.

You are all on record already, you had your chance to be patriots. too bad, so sad

and please dont post in any thread I am in because I refuse to post in any thread one of you is in

As you know prof, I focus more on those who are giving him the GREEN LIGHT to be a traitor than on him personally. He has no human emotions and cant do what a decent person does, so I blame him less than I blame EVERY con.

So if I post in any thread you post in you will run away. That’s a tempting proposition. Well consider this my official post in this thread. And by the way Libby, I have never endorsed,supported or defended Donald Trump. I have said many times he is the worst President in my memory. And for the record, you are on record for advocating confrontation in the streets. Not me. Not my style. I’m not a hunter. Perhaps you are?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, Lib, but honestly while pounding on JoeM might feel good, it's the cons in the Senate who are the real problem.

Anyhoo: if this whistleblower is saying what I think he is (and I will admit without him so far being allowed to testify directly, we're still somewhat in the realm of some conjecture) ... this would clearly appear to be one of the most "smoking gun" impeachable offenses of Trump to date.

No hyperbole there; just observation. It is a clear abuse of executive power to secretly coerce a foreign country into giving you dirt on the son of a potential political opponent.

BTW, I have no idea if Hunter Biden did anything illegal in Ukraine, and that's for journalists to uncover through investigation if true (although BTW if it didn't involve his father I still don't think it affects Joe's candidacy), but even if he did, what Trump did was still wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, Lib, but honestly while pounding on JoeM might feel good, it's the cons in the Senate who are the real problem.

Anyhoo: if this whistleblower is saying what I think he is (and I will admit without him so far being allowed to testify directly, we're still somewhat in the realm of some conjecture) ... this would clearly appear to be one of the most "smoking gun" impeachable offenses of Trump to date.

No hyperbole there; just observation. It is a clear abuse of executive power to secretly coerce a foreign country into giving you dirt on the son of a potential political opponent.

BTW, I have no idea if Hunter Biden did anything illegal in Ukraine, and that's for journalists to uncover through investigation if true (although BTW if it didn't involve his father I still don't think it affects Joe's candidacy), but even if he did, what Trump did was still wrong.

I would agree with that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

And for the record, you are on record for advocating confrontation in the streets.

You realize that conservative whites have a history of viewing nonviolent protest as violence, right?

It's the reason they looked the other way from White Citizens Councils and the KKK while backing the cops and their dogs, waterhoses, beatdowns of protestors, government targeting of civil rights and antiwar protesters, for instance.

So that word confrontation is, dunno...vague.

But while we're on the topic, where did Libby advocate "confrontation in the streets"?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

You realize that conservative whites have a history of viewing nonviolent protest as violence, right?

It's the reason they looked the other way from White Citizens Councils and the KKK while backing the cops and their dogs, waterhoses, beatdowns of protestors, government targeting of civil rights and antiwar protesters, for instance.

But while we're on the topic, where did Libby advocate "confrontation in the streets"?

You realize I am not one of those whites.

Read a couple of his posts. He does it all the time. While you are at it, why don’t you ask him for an example where I ever mentioned hunting down anyone or anything? He’s your buddy. Maybe he will have the guts to answer one of your questions. He seems to be extremely afraid to answer questions on an anonymous message board.

Last edited by JoeMemphis on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

I will break my rule this one time,

HERE is where I did it and I will say it again

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25976&p=447568&hilit=confrontation#p447568

confrontation with GOP, means to CHALLENGE them to STOP killing children. which I will AGAIN do...BY definition if one is still a repub, knowing rump is their leader, they then support this murder

PHYSICAL confrontation is already happening by patriots at the border to protect the innocent...not violence, but physically protecting the innocent people rump and his GOP friends are trying to harm and in some cases kill.

Last edited by Libertas on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

You realize I am not one of those whites.

That answer is just imitating me.

That wasn't the question, either. The to you question was, you realize that conservative whites have a history of viewing nonviolent protest as violence, right? Point being, nonviolence is often treated by government/state/local officials and some of their most violent constituencies as "confrontation in the streets." It's a really long, really consistent history.

Where did you see Libby advocate confrontation in the streets, though?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

I will break my rule this one time,

HERE is where I did it and I will say it again

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25976&p=447568&hilit=confrontation#p447568

confrontation with GOP, means to CHALLENGE them to STOP killing children. which I will AGAIN do...BY definition if one is still a repub, knowing rump is their leader, they then support this murder

Ah I see. Well, that's kind of vague, and doesn't say anything about "in the streets," maybe Joe is mis-remembering, dunno.

I don't see where a phyisical confrontation with the GOP is going to happen, though. If by that you mean punching MAGAhats, I don't see that happening, either.

The MAGAhats OTOH keep talking about a civil war and all of this, they're looking for any pretext for their same old mass murder. I say, make them beg for it. Then don't give it to them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

That answer is just imitating me.

That wasn't the question, either. The to you question was, you realize that conservative whites have a history of viewing nonviolent protest as violence, right? Point being, nonviolence is often treated by government/state/local officials and some of their most violent constituencies as "confrontation in the streets." It's a really long, really consistent history.

Where did you see Libby advocate confrontation in the streets, though?

I realize that people find excuses to do a whole lot of things Carmen I am not responsible for what other people do or for other people’s excuses. I am responsible for what I do. So if you have issues with other white people I suggest you take that up with them. I don’t speak for other people. Do you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ah I see. Well, that's kind of vague, and doesn't say anything about "in the streets," maybe Joe is mis-remembering, dunno.

I don't see where a phyisical confrontation with the GOP is going to happen, though. If by that you mean punching MAGAhats, I don't see that happening, either.

The MAGAhats OTOH keep talking about a civil war and all of this, they're looking for any pretext for their same old mass murder. I say, make them beg for it. Then don't give it to them.

As you have always told me if the punching starts the good guys will lose, so no I’m not talking about punching idiots , I’m talking about protecting innocents the way they are doing now

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

I realize that people find excuses to do a whole lot of things Carmen

The comments weren't about finding excuses to do a whole lot of things.

I am talking about a very specific history about very specific things, namely nonviolent protest and the white conservative response to it.

Today, we see conservatives advocating not just running over nonviolent protesters (one of you on RFL advocated it herself) and killing them,

Correctional Officer Drove Pickup Truck Into Group of Peaceful Protesters: He 'Ran Us Over' - Newsweek

James Alex Fields, driver in deadly car attack at Charlottesville rally, sentenced to life in prison - NBC News

but making laws to protect such drivers. And this is in the wake of conservative whites beating up protesters and the death of Heather Heyer at the hands of a white conservative.

These states have introduced bills to protect drivers who run over protesters (your state was one of them.)

Again, this has a very long, extremely violent history among conservative whites.

Quote:
I am not responsible for what other people do or for other people’s excuses. I am responsible for what I do. So if you have issues with other white people I suggest you take that up with them. I don’t speak for other people. Do you?

You've not been asked to speak for other people, and "white people" is not the issue at all.

You've been asked to show where Libby advocated "confrontation in the streets." So there's no point in getting overdefensive.

Second time about the point: I've only used white conservative state and vigilante violence against nonviolent protesters to talk about this idea of "confrontation in the streets". Conservative whites have a nasty history of perceiving even nonviolent sit-downs as confrontation in the streets.

So anyway, you said Libby advocated "confrontation in the streets." Do you remember where/when he did that? If you don't, why not just say so?

Last edited by carmenjonze on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

He does it all the time.

Where?

Quote:
While you are at it, why don’t you ask him for an example where I ever mentioned hunting down anyone or anything? He’s your buddy. Maybe he will have the guts to answer one of your questions. He seems to be extremely afraid to answer questions on an anonymous message board.

I'm not doing your work for you, JoeMemphis. If you want answers from Libby about that, ask him. If he doesn't want to talk to you, he's a grown man, I can't help you with that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

The comments weren't about finding excuses to do a whole lot of things.

I am talking about a very specific history about very specific things, namely nonviolent protest and the white conservative response to it.

Today, we see conservatives advocating not just running over nonviolent protesters (one of you on RFL advocated it herself) and killing them,

Correctional Officer Drove Pickup Truck Into Group of Peaceful Protesters: He 'Ran Us Over' - Newsweek

James Alex Fields, driver in deadly car attack at Charlottesville rally, sentenced to life in prison - NBC News

but making laws to protect such drivers. And this is in the wake of conservative whites beating up protesters and the death of Heather Heyer at the hands of a white conservative.

These states have introduced bills to protect drivers who run over protesters

Again, this has a very long, extremely violent history among conservative whites.

You've not been asked to speak for other people, and "white people" is not the issue at all.

You've been asked to show where Libby advocated "confrontation in the streets." So there's no point in getting overdefensive.

Second time about the point: I've only used white conservative state and vigilante violence against nonviolent protesters to talk about this idea of "confrontation in the streets". Conservative whites have a nasty history of perceiving even nonviolent sit-downs as confrontation in the streets.

So anyway, you said Libby advocated "confrontation in the streets." Do you remember where/when he did that? If you don't, why not just say so?

Carmen

Libby advocates taking in to the streets all the time. He also makes statements that I and other conservatives want him and his family dead or that we prefer Putin over our own country or that we would hunt dems down in the streets with guns. And not a peep from you asking him where I ever advocated any of that stupid shit. So if you are so concerned about people properly representing the views of other members, why don’t you take a moment and deal with the biggest abuser Libby?

Otherwise this is all hypocrisy and you are just playing your part in it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Carmen

Libby advocates taking in to the streets all the time.

Where, tho? You keep saying this, but without backing it up, it's just empty assertion.

Quote:
He also makes statements that I and other conservatives want him and his family dead or that we prefer Putin over our own country or that we would hunt dems down in the streets with guns. And not a peep from you asking him where I ever advocated any of that stupid shit. So if you are so concerned about people properly representing the views of other members, why don’t you take a moment and deal with the biggest abuser Libby?

I happen to know Libby is not an abuser or an abusive person. I also happen to know that the GOP over the past 50+ years has deteriorated to the state it's in to the point of putting a traitor to the country in power.

That same GOP allows traitorous flags at its rallies, and its lawmakers know that Russian meddling in our elections 1- occurred in 2016, 2- is still going on, and 3- the GOP side of Congress refuses outright to do anything to stop it.

And yet, Republicans at the state level try to advance laws that protect motorists who run over protesters.

Quote:
Otherwise this is all hypocrisy and you are just playing your part in it.

Well look. You already know this but I might as well say it again. I don't care about your personal perceptions of me. Okay?

So anyway, Benedict Arnold leading the party that puts up public idols to a treasonous regime...it really fits. The past 50+ years of the GOP merging with treasonous confederate behavior dovetails very well together.

It's reflected most glaringly in GOP policies against young migrant children and ICE raids that dragnet citizens. Libby is right that they need our protection from the conservative ideology designed to destroy them and it's not just for lofty altruistic reasons.

If that can happen to citizens, that can happen to ANY citizens.

Meanwhile, in the streets, it's conservatives that are willing to run over people protesting these policies. It's not a co-incidence that it's conservative lawmakers that will try to make laws to protect the drivers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Where, tho? You keep saying this, but without backing it up, it's just empty assertion.

I happen to know Libby is not an abuser or an abusive person. I also happen to know that the GOP over the past 50+ years has deteriorated to the state it's in to the point of putting a traitor to the country in power.

That same GOP allows traitorous flags at its rallies, and its lawmakers know that Russian meddling in our elections 1- occurred in 2016, 2- is still going on, and 3- the GOP side of Congress refuses outright to do anything to stop it.

And yet, Republicans at the state level try to advance laws that protect motorists who run over protesters.

Well look. You already know this but I might as well say it again. I don't care about your personal perceptions of me. Okay?

So anyway, Benedict Arnold leading the party that puts up public idols to a treasonous regime...it really fits. The past 50+ years of the GOP merging with treasonous confederate behavior dovetails very well together.

It's reflected most glaringly in GOP policies against young migrant children and ICE raids that dragnet citizens. Libby is right that they need our protection from the conservative ideology designed to destroy them and it's not just for lofty altruistic reasons.

If that can happen to citizens, that can happen to ANY citizens.

Meanwhile, in the streets, it's conservatives that are willing to run over people protesting these policies. It's not a co-incidence that it's conservative lawmakers that will try to make laws to protect the drivers.

You are just making excuses for Libby. You want to hold me to a standard for posting that you are unwilling to apply to someone you consider an ally. That okay. It’s hypocrisy. It’s a double standard. But if you are okay with it that is up to you. However you don’t get to dictate to me how or what I post. I don’t owe you an explanation. You see Carmen I don’t care anymore for your opinion of me than you care about my opinion of you.

Respect is a two way street.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:20 am 
Board Emeritus

You are just making excuses for Libby.

Lol how is asking you to back up what you say dictating to you how or what you post??

Where have you seen Libby advocate for confrontation in the streets? Remember: "advocate for confrontation in the streets" and "taking it to the streets" is what you said.

I'm not making excuses for him, you're lying about him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:33 am 
Board Emeritus

Lol how is asking you to back up what you say dictating to you how or what you post??

Where have you seen Libby advocate for confrontation in the streets? Remember: "advocate for confrontation in the streets" and "taking it to the streets" is what you said.

I'm not making excuses for him, you're lying about him.

Sure you are. You are accusing me of lying about Libby and you have yet to ask him to back up a single assertion he made about me. Instead you keep changing the subject. Ask Libby where I ever advocated for Putin. Ask him where I ever advocated for hunting dems with guns.

It’s ironic that you practice the same hypocrisy and indifference for the truth that you post about in thread after thread about white conservatives. I don’t read that stuff anymore because you have no credibility with me on the subject. So unless and until you apply the same standard to yourself and Libby that you demand from others, I will post as I please. You don’t have to agree or approve. I don’t expect it nor do I care. You can comment on it as you please. I will do the same.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:48 am 
Board Emeritus

Sure you are. You are accusing me of lying about Libby and you have yet to ask him to back up a single assertion he made about me.

Yes, that's correct. One thing at a time.

Back up what you say about Libby, that's been the only request. At first you got overdefensive because I brought up white conservative history in responding to what they perceive as "confrontation". But that was just an obvious effort to avoid backing up what you said. You still can't do it because it doesn't exist.

Quote:
Instead you keep changing the subject. Ask Libby where I ever advocated for Putin. Ask him where I ever advocated for hunting dems with guns.

You can simply ask him yourself. But your inability to come clean about your claims about Libby when challenged to provide even one quote is par for the course.

Quote:
I don’t read that stuff anymore because you have no credibility with me on the subject.

You know, it's really rare that I post about white conservative hypocrisy or indifference for truth, though I could. Instead I post about white conservative history and the continuity of the white conservative past with what is happening right now in current events. I also post about a lot more than just the "conservative white" element of the problems with American conservatism, but some of you only notice one thing for some reason.

Read it, or don't. I don't care whether or not you read what I write.

But Libby is right about the need to protect ourselves and kids from conservative laws, social norms, and public policies.

When we take it to the streets it's conservative politicians that make laws to exonerate people who would run us over.

And from ProfX's Huffpo post:

Quote:
Trump’s relationship with Ukraine has made headlines in recent weeks. Earlier this month, three House committees launched an investigation into whether Trump and his attorney Rudy Giuliani tried to manipulate the Ukrainian government into helping Trump’s bid for reelection.

“A growing public record indicates that, for nearly two years, the President and his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, appear to have acted outside legitimate law enforcement and diplomatic channels to coerce the Ukrainian government into pursuing two politically-motivated investigations under the guise of anti-corruption activity,” a group of committee chairmen wrote.

Donald Trump (R), Rudy Giuliani (R).

The R. party is supposed to be the party of law and order and support of law enforcement, but your party is lawless with Donald Trump as the party leader. You continue to vote for this?