Daily Observations in the Age of the Coronavirus

What's up today?

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Re: Daily Observations in the Age of the Coronavirus

Post by rainwater »

hey #6....is your neck hair curling like Seth Meyers?

it looks cute!! these guys are gonna be freaky when they get their heads all shaved down again. :!:
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids, They speak
for all that is cruel stupid, They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of
these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it, Fuck them.
HST.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Cuomo Admits Rare Misstep in His COVID-19 Response for New York

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made a rare acknowledgment of a misstep in his response to COVID-19 on Wednesday as he said an earlier statewide mask mandate could have made a "dramatic difference" in the fight against the coronavirus this spring.

Cuomo, who has gained acclaim from his party as COVID-19 infection rates have declined in New York, offered the misstep as an example of a lesson for other states in an appearance on public radio.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronav ... e/2576254/

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

NYC Mom and Six Children Kicked Off Flight After 2-Year-Old Refused to Wear Mask

Cellphone video shows the tension onboard a Newark-bound flight as every single passenger is forced off — because a 2-year-old girl did not want to wear a mask.

In the video, a woman is seen pleading with flight attendants on a JetBlue flight Wednesday. That's the girl's mother, Chaya Bruck, who told NBC New York that the traumatizing experience nearly left her family of seven stranded.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/m ... k/2576499/

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Fauci undergoes surgery for vocal cord polyp

Anthony Fauci, the country’s leading infectious diseases expert, underwent surgery to have a polyp removed from his vocal cord on Thursday morning.

Fauci, who heads the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and has been helping to lead the federal government’s response to the ongoing pandemic, confirmed the news to CNN. He did not specify how long he would need to recover from the surgery.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... cord-polyp

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

rainwater wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:10 am
hey #6....is your neck hair curling like Seth Meyers?

it looks cute!! these guys are gonna be freaky when they get their heads all shaved down again. :!:
:rw) Yeah, but a little worse than his.
When you vote Left you vote right.

ZoWie
Board Emeritus

Post by ZoWie »

The LA mayor has made good on his threat to cut off water and power at addresses where for whatever reason they keep having those big commercial parties. Some big house in the hills is now off the grid.

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:07 pm
The LA mayor has made good on his threat to cut off water and power at addresses where for whatever reason they keep having those big commercial parties. Some big house in the hills is now off the grid.
Excellent, I am now rationing water voluntarily because of a request of the city.

\
If you are a FLYNN defender you are a TRAITOR and dont talk to me, I am a patriot...

Number6
Board Emeritus

Post by Number6 »

ZoWie wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:07 pm
Good! Hit them where it hurts; in their pocketbook.
When you vote Left you vote right.

rainwater
Board Emeritus

Post by rainwater »

Number6 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:32 pm
:rw) Yeah, but a little worse than his.
a real flip, eh?? :rw) :rw)
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids, They speak
for all that is cruel stupid, They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of
these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it, Fuck them.
HST.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

New York City ahead of curve on COVID-19, but faces risks going into fall - experts

NEW YORK, Aug 21 (Reuters) - New York City, once an epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, has managed to contain the virus as it reopens, but faces risks of an uptick in cases in the fall, public health experts told Reuters.

The city's success comes from a mix of high rates of compliance with local and federal public health guidance and also substantial immunity among the general population, a result of the severity of the outbreak in March and April, according to public health experts based in New York City.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24596195/

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

Biden says he would shut US down amid pandemic if scientists said it was needed

Former Vice President Joe Biden, fresh off of formally accepting the Democratic Party’s 2020 nomination, said he would shut down the U.S. to blunt the spread of the coronavirus if scientific advisers said such a move was necessary.

“I will be prepared to do whatever it takes to save lives because we cannot get the country moving until we control the virus,” Biden told ABC News's David Muir in an interview that will air in full Sunday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... aid-it-was

Doremus Jessup
Policy Wonk

Post by Doremus Jessup »

ap215 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:56 am
Biden says he would shut US down amid pandemic if scientists said it was needed

Former Vice President Joe Biden, fresh off of formally accepting the Democratic Party’s 2020 nomination, said he would shut down the U.S. to blunt the spread of the coronavirus if scientific advisers said such a move was necessary.

“I will be prepared to do whatever it takes to save lives because we cannot get the country moving until we control the virus,” Biden told ABC News's David Muir in an interview that will air in full Sunday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... aid-it-was
I wonder what Presidential power he plans to pull out of thin air in order to accomplish this?

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

A post here reminds me how much of a shit show it will still be if an adult is elected, childish rightwing assholes will still oppose the adult at every turn.
If you are a FLYNN defender you are a TRAITOR and dont talk to me, I am a patriot...

Doremus Jessup
Policy Wonk

Post by Doremus Jessup »

Libertas wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:24 pm
A post here reminds me how much of a shit show it will still be if an adult is elected, childish rightwing assholes will still oppose the adult at every turn.
Where does the President get the power to shut the country down? Explain the authority.

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Post by Libertas »

For example instead of asking what can I do for my country what can I do to try to make it possible so that The new president can actually solve some of these problems, they will instead just throw up roadblocks and ask questions meant only to obstruct and never Will they do a single fucking thing to help.

Motor City
Board Emeritus

Post by Motor City »

if he shut the country down without aiding the people it could cause them to starve and succumb to the elements.

Doremus Jessup
Policy Wonk

Post by Doremus Jessup »

Libertas wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:51 pm
For example instead of asking what can I do for my country what can I do to try to make it possible so that The new president can actually solve some of these problems, they will instead just throw up roadblocks and ask questions meant only to obstruct and never Will they do a single fucking thing to help.
Try answering the question.

Sam Lefthand
Board Emeritus

Post by Sam Lefthand »

Doremus Jessup wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:48 pm
Try answering the question.
Doremus, what's with this.?.

Biden said what he would do "IF." That "IF" is not likely to come about during a Biden term.

COVID will have either pretty much run its course by that time in late February of next year, or an effective vaccine will have begun to be deployed. Perhaps some of both.

By that late point in time I cannot imagine a set of circumstances which would cause his scientific advisers to say a move like that would be necessary.

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

53 people who tested positive for COVID-19 linked to Maine wedding reception, one dead

Despite pleas from public health officials to not gather and practice social distancing, some people are continuing to host parties and large events. Coronavirus cases continue to climb across the country as a result, and in Maine, cases linked to one wedding that violated attendance limits are increasing significantly. According to the Associated Press, as of Saturday 53 cases of COVID-19 have been traced back to the Aug.7 reception, including one resulting in death. Approximately 65 people attended the Millinocket wedding reception despite state limitations of 50 people maximum per indoor gathering.

According to health officials, the woman who died Friday from COVID-19 did not attend the wedding but contracted the virus from an attendee, the Portland Press Herald reported. Due to the outbreak not only was the local hospital closed to visitors but the town hall and schools as well. Between Friday to Saturday, 32 new cases were announced by the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The number is expected to climb.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8 ... n-one-dead

ap215
Board Emeritus

Post by ap215 »

They are who they are

GOP Voters Say Economy, Covid-19 Response Good in CBS Poll

The vast majority of Republican voters approve of the U.S. economy’s state and how the government handled the coronavirus, saying the level of deaths has been “acceptable,” a new poll shows.

Heading into their party’s convention on Monday, 75% of Republicans say the U.S. is in better condition than it was four years ago, with 82% crediting President Donald Trump for that, according to the national survey from CBS News and pollster YouGov released Sunday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium

bengal59

Post by bengal59 »

Doremus Jessup wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:46 pm
Where does the President get the power to shut the country down? Explain the authority.

Where do you get the idea that president 666 gives a RATS A@@ about what the law or the Constitution says he is allowed to do? He has ignored every court order and broken nearly every law since Putin put him in office!

Doremus Jessup
Policy Wonk

Post by Doremus Jessup »

bengal59 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:58 pm
Where do you get the idea that president 666 gives a RATS A@@ about what the law or the Constitution says he is allowed to do? He has ignored every court order and broken nearly every law since Putin put him in office!
This is about Biden’s response to a question about what he would do to the nation if he were President.

marindem01
Policy Wonk
Location: 3.5 Miles From The North Tower of The Golden Gate Bridge

Post by marindem01 »

From the Preamble of The Constitution of The United States of America.

"To Promote The General Welfare"...that is the authority.

It is the duty of the Chief Executive to protect and defend the People of the United States.

45 violates his Oath by disobeying Congressional Subpoenas. He violates the Constitution by profiting from his office.

And I ask, under what authority does 45 disobey the United States Supreme Court?
"The Clouded Mind See's Nothing", The Shadow.

Doremus Jessup
Policy Wonk

Post by Doremus Jessup »

marindem01 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:15 pm
From the Preamble of The Constitution of The United States of America.

"To Promote The General Welfare"...that is the authority.

It is the duty of the Chief Executive to protect and defend the People of the United States.

45 violates his Oath by disobeying Congressional Subpoenas. He violates the Constitution by profiting from his office.

And I ask, under what authority does 45 disobey the United States Supreme Court?
The preamble is not law. It delineates no powers. It has no authority. It simply introduces the Constitution. And the Supreme Court already knows that.

So, what Supreme Court stuff has trump disobeyed?

Nowhere in the constitution does congress have the delineated power to subpoena the president.

The emoluments clause applies to “offices of profit or trust”. Congress and the President and Vice President are not “offices of profit or trust”.
And the emoluments clause is not a crime. Congress says so.

marindem01
Policy Wonk
Location: 3.5 Miles From The North Tower of The Golden Gate Bridge

Post by marindem01 »

Under what authority does 45 act to actively Suppress The Constitutionally Protected Right To Vote.

Under what authority does 45 act to handicap the U.S. Postal Service, an Office mandated by the U.S. Constitution.

Under what authority does 45 act charge the U.S. Secret Service the full rate when he goes to Shit-A-Lago.

Under what authority does 45 act to tell the President of Philippines the location of two U.S. Nuclear Powered Submarines.

Under what authority does 45 side with Russia against 15-U.S. Intelligence Agencies agree that Russia did in meddle in the 2016 Election.

jessup has a very highly selected of belief of what is and is NOT Constitutional....mainly that anything 45 is Constitutional and anything jessup does not like is Unconstitutional.
"The Clouded Mind See's Nothing", The Shadow.