The Critical Race Theory/so-called Cancel Culture Thread

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: The Critical Race Theory/so-called Cancel Culture Thread

Post by carmenjonze »

:lol: Today in Conservative Solipsism and Arrogant Self-importance:
JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:45 am I would be more sympathetic to your argument if you were more serious about the law.
:lol: nobody needs your sympathy or approval for anything. Sit down.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:45 am The difference is that I happen to think the DOJ should enforce all legal congressional subpoenas. I always have. I don’t ignore or dismiss the ones I don’t happen to like. It undermines congressional authority in future investigations.

So Drak, you reap what you sow. I would be more sympathetic to your argument if you were more serious about the law. But you are not. You are only serious about things when it fits your political ideology. I care. I just don’t care that you have an issue with it. Your sense of right and wrong changes like the weather.
False and projection. Again, apples and oranges. My sense of right and wrong is just fine. It’s yours that isn’t. I don’t believe any congressional subpoena should be ignored. But I understand the difference between jaywalking and murder.

Sympathetic to my argument? You should care. But it’s you who plays dumb political games. It’s why you say, “but what about Lois Lerner?” You just don’t give a shit that Republicans attempted to overthrow the government. Or that Bill Barr covered up serious crimes. You’re more interested in bullshit like Benghazi or Uranium One.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:49 am I imagine the folks who believed in flat earth back in the day were as sure of their opinion/“facts” as you are.
Just as you are sure there isn't any germ theory, and you know as much about infections disease as Anthony Fauci.

You're what's wrong with conservatism today. All fantasy, no facts.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:40 am Yep, it was balanced. What it WASN'T, was proof of your assertions. If you're jogging, you're pretty safe. If you're at a football game at capacity, quite a bit LESS safe. 3 hours within inches of others. Let's just remember what happened at Trump's outdoor event.

And no, science is NOT opinion. Germ theory is NOT opinion.

But then I guess you think flat earth is "just opinion."

You really need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.
I don’t recall asserting anything beyond spreading the virus from person to person in an outdoor environment was rare. I’m thinking less than 1% is rare. Not impossible but rare. I’m good with rare. Rare certainly doesn’t equate with super spreader. Certainly not at the lake. Not in my front yard. Not in the parking lot at Lowes.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:18 am I don’t recall asserting anything beyond spreading the virus from person to person in an outdoor environment was rare. I’m thinking less than 1% is rare. Not impossible but rare. I’m good with rare. Rare certainly doesn’t equate with super spreader. Certainly not at the lake. Not in my front yard. Not in the parking lot at Lowes.
Read any CRT, yet?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:01 am Just as you are sure there isn't any germ theory, and you know as much about infections disease as Anthony Fauci.

You're what's wrong with conservatism today. All fantasy, no facts.
I never claimed or asserted there wasn’t germ theory. I never said I knew more than Fauci. Theory by definition isn’t proved. That’s why it’s theory. And contrary to your belief, Fauci isn’t a god. He’s fallible and he isn’t always right. I just don’t happen to agree with his every word or pronouncement. I get you are his number one fan.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:22 am I never claimed or asserted there wasn’t germ theory. I never said I knew more than Fauci. Theory by definition isn’t proved. That’s why it’s theory. And contrary to your belief, Fauci isn’t a god. He’s fallible and he isn’t always right. I just don’t happen to agree with his every word or pronouncement. I get you are his number one fan.
You need to learn the difference between scientific theory and the general use of the word theory.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:18 am I don’t recall asserting anything beyond spreading the virus from person to person in an outdoor environment was rare. I’m thinking less than 1% is rare. Not impossible but rare. I’m good with rare. Rare certainly doesn’t equate with super spreader. Certainly not at the lake. Not in my front yard. Not in the parking lot at Lowes.
But let's be clear, since you're trying to re-write history. You were saying NO ONE AT ANY TIME in the county you were in should be required to wear a mask. Not at the store, not inside, not anywhere. Because, as you said, the hospital had dedicated an entire wing to COVID, but NO ONE in the county had caught it, and there were ZERO DEATHS.

Which, I found not to be true very quickly, and you had to piss backwards. I'll bet you can go back right now and see that the county was very hard hit. Can you remind of the name of that county, so I can look up the total numbers?

Here's guessing you will refuse.

I never said you had to wear a mask at home alone. I certainly didn't wear one inside my apartment. But I wore one the rest of the time. I'm not the wuss you are, I have a well-fitting, comfortable mask. It doesn't bother me at all to wear one.

But the Trump event WAS a superspreader event. Both the President and his wife caught the virus, as well as Chris Christie and other lawmakers. Trump was like you, and didn't like wearing masks, so almost everyone at the event did wear a mask.

Let's just be clear: You fixate on the outside thing, but you're the one that says masks don't work anyway, and that they should never have been required anywhere.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:04 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-woke-whi ... 42833.html
AOC’s ‘Woke’ Whine Is Why the Dems Can’t Stop Losing
This is his response to AOC pushing back at his stochastic violence.

Rep. Paul Gosar, DDS
@RepGosar

https://twitter.com/repgosar/status/145 ... 97329?s=21

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:22 am I never claimed or asserted there wasn’t germ theory. I never said I knew more than Fauci. Theory by definition isn’t proved. That’s why it’s theory. And contrary to your belief, Fauci isn’t a god. He’s fallible and he isn’t always right. I just don’t happen to agree with his every word or pronouncement. I get you are his number one fan.
He knows far more than you do. What was your field of study, again? Oh, right.

Exactly how much study have you had in infectious disease? Why the fuck should anyone care about YOUR views on the subject?

You don't know the definition of Scientific theory. You think that scientific theory should be interpreted as just a guess or a hunch, whereas in science, the term theory is used very differently. In science, theories aren't opinions. Rather, theories explain facts.

You think the germ theory is just a guess or hunch? Yes or no?

In religion, you have belief. You can't prove anything. The theory of evolution isn't a guess. The germ theory isn't a guess. The theory of relativity isn't a guess. They are explanations of facts.

You obviously never took any science classes in college. If you did, you need to ask for your money back.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:26 am But let's be clear, since you're trying to re-write history. You were saying NO ONE AT ANY TIME in the county you were in should be required to wear a mask. Not at the store, not inside, not anywhere. Because, as you said, the hospital had dedicated an entire wing to COVID, but NO ONE in the county had caught it, and there were ZERO DEATHS.

Which, I found not to be true very quickly, and you had to piss backwards. I'll bet you can go back right now and see that the county was very hard hit. Can you remind of the name of that county, so I can look up the total numbers?

Here's guessing you will refuse.

I never said you had to wear a mask at home alone. I certainly didn't wear one inside my apartment. But I wore one the rest of the time. I'm not the wuss you are, I have a well-fitting, comfortable mask. It doesn't bother me at all to wear one.

But the Trump event WAS a superspreader event is in. Both the President and his wife caught the virus, as well as Chris Christie and other lawmakers. Trump was like you, and didn't like wearing masks, so almost everyone at the event did wear a mask.

Let's just be clear: You fixate on the outside thing, but you're the one that says masks don't work anyway, and that they should never have been required anywhere.
Tishomingo.

Specifically Iuka. More specifically Eastport.

But yes, I exaggerated when I said no one. I admitted as much the same day.

I wore and still wear masks where required by regulation or otherwise required by the owner of the property. Otherwise, it stays in my pocket. Masks, under certain circumstances, may work to a degree. However, as practiced in most places in the US, they are marginally effective if at all. This is especially true of the cheap masks being sold and worn by a large number of people. As far as the other restrictive measures, I don’t believe they made that much difference either. It certainly didn’t show up in the numbers and I note that in the latest surges, they haven’t been reinstated. I highly doubt that if this happens again, we will follow the same bunker strategy.

I’m not about following strategies that don’t work just for the hell of it.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:33 am He knows far more than you do. What was your field of study, again? Oh, right.

Exactly how much study have you had in infectious disease? Why the fuck should anyone care about YOUR views on the subject?

You don't know the definition of Scientific theory. You think that scientific theory should be interpreted as just a guess or a hunch, whereas in science, the term theory is used very differently. In science, theories aren't opinions. Rather, theories explain facts.

You think the germ theory is just a guess or hunch? Yes or no?

In religion, you have belief. You can't prove anything. The theory of evolution isn't a guess. The germ theory isn't a guess. The theory of relativity isn't a guess. They are explanations of facts.

You obviously never took any science classes in college. If you did, you need to ask for your money back.
So I guess you are advocating that we take everyone with a degree at their word? Is that what you advocate? You don’t need to think for yourself if you’ve got a government expert to do it for you. Cause that’s what it sounds like.

I can see why you need help managing your life. You believe most anything you are told depending upon the expert.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:26 pm So I guess you are advocating that we take everyone with a degree at their word? Is that what you advocate? You don’t need to think for yourself if you’ve got a government expert to do it for you. Cause that’s what it sounds like.

I can see why you need help managing your life. You believe most anything you are told depending upon the expert.
When’s the last time you read any critical race theory?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:26 pm So I guess you are advocating that we take everyone with a degree at their word? Is that what you advocate? You don’t need to think for yourself if you’ve got a government expert to do it for you. Cause that’s what it sounds like.

Nope. Dr. Anthony Fauci has been known for decades as being the top expert in the United States on infections disease.

But like an idiot, you think YOUR uneducated guesses are just as good as FACTS.

Yeah, I knew you wouldn’t say what county that was. Gutless wonder!
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:43 pm Nope. Dr. Anthony Fauci has been known for decades as being the top expert in the United States on infections disease.

But like an idiot, you think YOUR uneducated guesses are just as good as FACTS.

Yeah, I knew you wouldn’t say what county that was. Gutless wonder!
Try reading before you hurl insults dickhead. Read up a few posts back.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:01 pm Tishomingo.

Specifically Iuka. More specifically Eastport.

But yes, I exaggerated when I said no one. I admitted as much the same day.

I wore and still wear masks where required by regulation or otherwise required by the owner of the property. Otherwise, it stays in my pocket. Masks, under certain circumstances, may work to a degree. However, as practiced in most places in the US, they are marginally effective if at all. This is especially true of the cheap masks being sold and worn by a large number of people. As far as the other restrictive measures, I don’t believe they made that much difference either. It certainly didn’t show up in the numbers and I note that in the latest surges, they haven’t been reinstated. I highly doubt that if this happens again, we will follow the same bunker strategy.

I’m not about following strategies that don’t work just for the hell of it.
So one out of five people in the county have had COVID. 3,697 cases, 93 deaths. Guess they DID need the hospital beds.

And no, you didn't exaggerate. You LIED. You said the hospital was sitting empty of cases.

But the point is, you said no COVID restrictions where needed at all, because in a small low-density area, it wouldn't spread. That was your viewpoint, which has been proven false.

And we already proved it was a lie by your own statements that you wore masks when required. That's lawyer talk ("we follow all applicable regulations and laws"). You said you only put them on when asked to. I do laugh because you've changed your story some because of the egg all over your face. You used to say "all CDC recommendations". That was funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It certainly DID show up in the numbers. As I said early on, three people died at the grocery store I shopped at. Once everyone went by COVID protocols in my state, cases at the store among employees dropped and no one else died.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:04 pm So one out of five people in the county have had COVID. 3,697 cases, 93 deaths. Guess they DID need the hospital beds.

And no, you didn't exaggerate. You LIED. You said the hospital was sitting empty of cases.

But the point is, you said no COVID restrictions where needed at all, because in a small low-density area, it wouldn't spread. That was your viewpoint, which has been proven false.

And we already proved it was a lie by your own statements that you wore masks when required. That's lawyer talk ("we follow all applicable regulations and laws"). You said you only put them on when asked to. I do laugh because you've changed your story some because of the egg all over your face. You used to say "all CDC recommendations". That was funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It certainly DID show up in the numbers. As I said early on, three people died at the grocery store I shopped at. Once everyone went by COVID protocols in my state, cases at the store among employees dropped and no one else died.
I said the hospital in Muscle Shoals where my sister works didn’t use the Covid ward they had set aside. At the time, that was 100 percent true.

COVID restrictions where I was were a waste of time. We were remote and most of our interactions were outdoors. As we know, transmission of Covid in those circumstances was rare and continues to be rare to this day. The same holds true for the parking lot at lowes or the annual Halloween gathering in my front yard or the Obama birthday party.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:13 pm I said the hospital in Muscle Shoals where my sister works didn’t use the Covid ward they had set aside. At the time, that was 100 percent true.
I doubt that seriously. Hospitals were filling up at that time. Hell, there were already deaths in your county at that time.
COVID restrictions where I was were a waste of time. We were remote and most of our interactions were outdoors. As we know, transmission of Covid in those circumstances was rare and continues to be rare to this day. The same holds true for the parking lot at lowes or the annual Halloween gathering in my front yard or the Obama birthday party.
Everyone at the Obama birthday party were required to be vaccinated. Another stupid bullshit red herring.

And so all the grocery stores were outside? What about Lowes? Is it an outdoor store? Did you just go hang out in the parking lot, or did you ever go in?

I said at the time, that everyone coming through town and stopping for a drink at the gas station were possible vectors for the virus. Plus delivery drivers to the Lowes.

Of course, as always, you were wrong.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:19 pm I doubt that seriously. Hospitals were filling up at that time. Hell, there were already deaths in your county at that time.

Everyone at the Obama birthday party were required to be vaccinated. Another stupid bullshit red herring.

And so all the grocery stores were outside? What about Lowes? Is it an outdoor store? Did you just go hang out in the parking lot, or did you ever go in?

I said at the time, that everyone coming through town and stopping for a drink at the gas station were possible vectors for the virus. Plus delivery drivers to the Lowes.

Of course, as always, you were wrong.
But I thought the virus could still be spread even if you were vaccinated. That’s what the CDC said at the time. And we know they are always right and never to be questioned. Red Herring my ass.

As for the hospital in the Shoals. Believe what you want. It’s the truth. The surge in patients in North Alabama didn’t happen until after August 2020 and I was back in Memphis at the time.

The grocery in Iuka is never crowded and they didn’t require masks. The lowes in Corinth is quite large and well ventilated. Other than that, I was outside. My dogs went with me pretty much everywhere so I ate outside all the time. Other than that I was on my boat on the lake.

But all one has to do is go look to the CDC numbers at the time - pre vaccine and compare the death rates blue states versus red states in total, on a per capita basis, the differences were negligible.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:53 am :lol: Today in Conservative Solipsism and Arrogant Self-importance:

:lol: nobody needs your sympathy or approval for anything. Sit down.
Says the guy who votes for politicians who support a murderous fascist.

NONE Of them, whether on this board or out there, other than a TEENY WEENY group headed by RFK Jr were against vax until they heard the proven dumbest adult on earth say something stupid about the pandemic so now they are anti VAX...ALL of them...
Last edited by Libertas on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:29 pm But I thought the virus could still be spread even if you were vaccinated. That’s what the CDC said at the time. And we know they are always right and never to be questioned. Red Herring my ass.
Rarely between two vaccinated people. They've said pretty early on with vaccinations that you can safely interact with other vaccinated people.

That's why it's nice to hang out with Democrats. No anti-vax nutballs around. That's in the GOP.
As for the hospital in the Shoals. Believe what you want. It’s the truth. The surge in patients in North Alabama didn’t happen until after August 2020 and I was back in Memphis at the time.

The grocery in Iuka is never crowded and they didn’t require masks. The lowes in Corinth is quite large and well ventilated. Other than that, I was outside. My dogs went with me pretty much everywhere so I ate outside all the time. Other than that I was on my boat on the lake.

But all one has to do is go look to the CDC numbers at the time - pre vaccine and compare the death rates Defoe blue states versus red states in total. On a per capita basis, the differences were negligible.
Nope, Joe, I deal in FACTS. And the FACTS say you were wrong. Infections surged in Colbert County starting in June 2020, peaked for the time in July, and were going DOWN in August. Proof. Got any more bullshit for me to disprove with actual facts?

As for the stuff around your lake house, then why did one out of every five people in the county catch COVID? And why are the hotspots in the nation now all the low-density states? That's a question I've asked many times, and you always ignore.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:42 pm Rarely between two vaccinated people. They've said pretty early on with vaccinations that you can safely interact with other vaccinated people.

That's why it's nice to hang out with Democrats. No anti-vax nutballs around. That's in the GOP.

Nope, Joe, I deal in FACTS. And the FACTS say you were wrong. Infections surged in Colbert County starting in June 2020, peaked for the time in July, and were going DOWN in August. Proof. Got any more bullshit for me to disprove with actual facts?

As for the stuff around your lake house, then why did one out of every five people in the county catch COVID? And why are the hotspots in the nation now all the low-density states? That's a question I've asked many times, and you always ignore.
The laughable thing is if it were not for trump saying one of the many things he said, dumb, misinformed and negligent, this person you are talking to would not even occur to them to argue against that which they have taken and supported their entire lives.

The amount of people who were actively anti vax prior to dumbshit was tiny. There is and always has been a group of people who have other reasons to question the govt, but these folks you talk to and their 75 million dumbshit friends, nope...
Last edited by Libertas on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:42 pm Rarely between two vaccinated people. They've said pretty early on with vaccinations that you can safely interact with other vaccinated people.

I doubt one in five were infected when I was there. Particularly in the areas I frequented. I didn’t see or hear of anyone with Covid in the community where I was located.

As for Colbert County, I can only tell you the hospital where my sister worked set aside an entire wing for Covid. They turned away elective surgery because of Covid. As of the day I left the lake and returned to Memphis, they had not used that wing. That’s the truth.

As for transmission outdoors, it’s rare. Was then. It still is today.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Honey, GET IN HERE I made eggs benedict!

Eggs benedict? My FAVORITE, but you will have to bring it to me, I am on the internet arguing with liberals why not getting the vaccine and wearing a mask is a good idea, I'm gonna own these fuckers you just watch

https://youtu.be/i_hI3gVoRr0

Granted it is hard to eat in between you know what
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

and now this

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/sta ... 0216034728

BREAKING: EXCLUSIVE: THREAD: Pence, his aides, and staff were locked out of their offices in the capitol complex during the insurrection because their access badges had been DEACTIVATED the morning of the attack, according to sources familiar with the incident 1/

According to one source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to an ongoing investigation, Pence's team huddled in a loading dock, unable to access their offices, and started planning contingencies for a constitutional crisis and how to remove the president. 2/