The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:49 pm I dunno Sam. Protesting is part of what makes this country what it is. I have no problem with it. As long as it isn’t violent, people have that right.
It's really interesting that Sam Lefthand connects protest to "fomenting violence." This comes from a long history of white supremacism that says anybody protesting WN and WSery is violent.

The "violence" is fomented by people like Kyle Rittenhouse running around killing nigger-lovers. This person is afraid to speak out against that, and afraid to speak out against the state-based murder and disablement of our young people that has been going on for generations.

It's why Kyle Rittenhouse is a hero to the white-is-right right, and why they are very eagerly anticipating a "not guilty" verdict.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:51 pm And keeps doing, over and over.

The board admins know, the board owners know.

So, this is weird.
I dont want to hang this on Gounion or plunderer, (not saying you are) I think they both feel there are so few posters here that when a liar violates the rule it can be overlooked for the sake of numbers.

Pointing out they are typical rightwing liars is good too...
Last edited by Libertas on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:53 pm It's really interesting that Sam Lefthand connects protest to "fomenting violence." This comes from a long history of white supremacism that says anybody protesting WN and WSery is violent.

The "violence" is fomented by people like Kyle Rittenhouse running around killing nigger-lovers. This person is afraid to speak out against that, and afraid to speak out against the state-based murder and disablement of our young people that has been going on for generations.

It's why Kyle Rittenhouse is a hero to the white-is-right right, and why they are very eagerly anticipating a "not guilty" verdict.
I laughed OUT LOUD when I saw that response, given the hypocrisy behind it.

:lol:
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:54 pm I dont want to hang this on Gounion or plunderer, I think they both feel there are so few posters here that when a liar violates the rule it can be overlooked for the sake of numbers.

Pointing out they are typical rightwing liars is good too...
All I'm saying is, no liberal would ever get away with this behavior at a con board, especially a con board where the owners and mods know.

Everybody knows.

We're supposed to pretend like it's not even happening. I'm not doing that.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:56 pm I laughed OUT LOUD when I saw that response, given the hypocrisy behind it.

:lol:
This is what conservative whites complained about MLK for, and why when he was murdered by a white con like Kyle Rittenhouse, he was the most hated man in America.

I think it's worth remembering that these people assassinated our pacifists, and the majority in the US were just fine with that.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

There may be peaceful protests after the verdict ... depending on what it is, of course.

Protest may change government policy but it can't overturn a jury verdict. Only a mistrial would. Or (potentially) an appeal.

That still doesn't mean people don't have a right to express protest over flaws in our judicial system - peacefully.

George Zimmerman may be walking around a free man, but what he's done will follow him for the rest of his life. To some bigots, he's a hero for selling skittles or whatever else on the Internet. Most of the civilized world know he got away with murder and ostracizes him for it.

I'm fine with that. For him, I can only find the teeniest of teeny violins.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:49 pm I dunno Sam. Protesting is part of what makes this country what it is. I have no problem with it. As long as it isn’t violent, people have that right.
I don't know what differentiates your post from mine Joe, except it sound like at first that you somehow disagree with me.

I said, "... not to foment violence."

You said, "As long as it isn’t violent, ... "

:|

Libertas who's post I was answering was creating images of violence.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

:D
sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:14 pm I don't know what differentiates your post from mine Joe, except it sound like at first that you somehow disagree with me.

I understand what you were saying Sam. We don’t disagree.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:03 pm There may be peaceful protests after the verdict ... depending on what it is, of course.

Protest may change government policy but it can't overturn a jury verdict. Only a mistrial would. Or (potentially) an appeal.

That still doesn't mean people don't have a right to express protest over flaws in our judicial system - peacefully.

George Zimmerman may be walking around a free man, but what he's done will follow him for the rest of his life. To some bigots, he's a hero for selling skittles or whatever else on the Internet. Most of the civilized world know he got away with murder and ostracizes him for it.

I'm fine with that. For him, I can only find the teeniest of teeny violins.
Well, Zimmerman is a free man for killing an innocent, unarmed person. So are so many cops.

He's also dim enough to think that waving around a Confederate flag and selling his gun for a quarter of a million dollars actually endears him to the murderous conservative whites who think of him as a mere symbol for having done so.

Like the people who run protesters over in the streets, Rittenhouse is the same kind of symbol. The same thing is at stake in the concurrent WN/WS trial in Charlottesville with literal, avowed neonazis.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:14 pm I don't know what differentiates your post from mine Joe, except it sound like at first that you somehow disagree with me.

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:18 pm :D

I understand what you were saying Sam. We don’t disagree.
:?

IDK where you guys get the idea that it sounds like you all disagree. You sound very much in lockstep, like your forebears.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:21 pm :?

IDK where you guys get the idea that it sounds like you all disagree. You sound very much in lockstep, like your forebears.
PAINfully clear, isnt it! painfully
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

Libertas wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:22 pm PAINfully clear, isnt it! painfully
Libertas, in a day or so the jury will tell me if Rittenhouse is guilty or is innocent. They have seen and heard days of evidence. They've been able to see the body language and expressions of the speakers during the trial. They have the information to rule under the established procedures of our law.

I on the other hand do not have enough information to be the judge of this.

You don't have enough information to be the judge either. That's what's painfully clear.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

By the way it needs to be said that of course it isn’t possible for a person of color or a liberal to protest without being seen as being violent no matter how non violent they are.

The most peaceful protest imaginable if done by people on the left and people of color will be attacked by righty including all of them here and by the police.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:01 pm Libertas, in a day or so the jury will tell me if Rittenhouse is guilty or is innocent.
You, like the rest of the white cons from the Birth of A Nation era, already anticipate any protest against a non-guilty verdict as "fomenting violence."

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

Libertas wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:02 pm By the way it needs to be said that of course it isn’t possible for a person of color or a liberal to protest without being seen as being violent no matter how non violent they are.

The most peaceful protest imaginable if done by people on the left and people of color will be attacked by righty including all of them here and by the police.
:)

It's pretty easy to tell if it's peaceful, or not. If it's peaceful there will be no smoke in the air. But if there is smoke, it wasn't peaceful.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:22 pm :)

It's pretty easy to tell if it's peaceful, or not. If it's peaceful there will be no smoke in the air. But if there is smoke, it wasn't peaceful.
Depends on if the WNs and WSs you're in lockstep with set the fires, doesn't it.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:38 pm Depends on if the WNs and WSs you're in lockstep with set the fires, doesn't it.
What difference does it make who lights the fires, peace is overtaken if fires are lit.

One thing you can be sure of is it won't be me who lights a fire.

:D

But I will play an old classic song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCl9eOBlsY
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Today in White Power:
sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:53 pm What difference does it make who lights the fires ...
It's somehow suddenly, magically transformed into some level playing field when your MAGA friends light the fires.

Right?

Because that's how it's always worked in the legal system. Right?
One thing you can be sure of is it won't be me who lights a fire.
:? none of us here will be, what's your point.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:55 pm Today in White Power:

It's somehow suddenly, magically transformed into some level playing field when your MAGA friends light the fires.

Right?

Because that's how it's always worked in the legal system. Right?

:? none of us here will be, what's your point.
:(

I don't have any MAGA friends. Where did you get that idea?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:04 pm :(

I don't have any MAGA friends. Where did you get that idea?
Sure, you don't. Which is why you don't ever throw your lot in with every MAGA news cycle story, or don't ever throw yourself on the gears of any MAGA propagandist points forwarded at RFL, or don't ever take up the position of their misogyny or anti-wokeism.

You never have, either. So...yes.

:problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:07 pm Sure, you don't. Which is why you don't ever throw your lot in with every MAGA news cycle story, or don't ever throw yourself on the gears of any MAGA propagandist points forwarded at RFL, or don't ever take up the position of their misogyny or anti-wokeism.

You never have, either. So...yes.

:problem:
I do avoid throwing myself on those gears. I also avoid throwing myself on beds of nails.

I don't dance on glowing hot fireplace coals.

I don't slam doors on my fingers.

Or drop bricks on my toes.

And I never have either. So ... no.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:01 pm Libertas, in a day or so the jury will tell me if Rittenhouse is guilty or is innocent. They have seen and heard days of evidence. They've been able to see the body language and expressions of the speakers during the trial. They have the information to rule under the established procedures of our law.

I on the other hand do not have enough information to be the judge of this.

You don't have enough information to be the judge either. That's what's painfully clear.
For a man who claims he doesn’t want to demean justice, he has already predetermined how the jury will rule and whether of not the defendant is guilty or innocent. I would say that pretty much demeans justice. It’s a wonder Lib wants a trial at all. Just go straight to the sentencing.
Drak

Post by Drak »

The GOP acquitted Donald Trump of serious crimes, twice. Without holding proper post impeachment trials in the Senate. No witnesses, no evidence. Let's not pretend conservatives give a shit about justice. None of the local conservatives cared. Donald Trump attempted a coup. The GOP is trying to bury it. The local conservatives don't care. Let's not pretend conservatives give a shit about justice.
Last edited by Drak on Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:38 pm The GOP acquitted Donald Trump of serious crimes, twice. Without holding proper post impeachment trials in the Senate. No witnesses, no evidence. Let's not pretend conservatives give a shit justice. None of the local conservatives cared. Donald Trump attempted a coup. The GOP is trying to bury it. The local conservatives don't care. Let's not pretend conservatives give a shit about justice.
I almost laughed out loud watching a con talk about justice, but it isnt funny anymore.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Libertas wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:49 pm I almost laughed out loud watching a con talk about justice, but it isnt funny anymore.
I actually did laugh out loud watching you comment on justice. In one sentence you say you don’t want to demean justice and then you spend paragraphs doing just that.