CIA says Havana Syndrome is hypochondria

News and events of the day
ZoWie

CIA says Havana Syndrome is hypochondria

Post by ZoWie »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60068483
Havana syndrome: Most cases not caused by foreign power - CIA

Since 2016, US diplomats around the world have reported symptoms - sparking suggestions Russia, China or another adversary could be responsible.

But a majority of 1,000 cases looked at by the CIA can be explained by stress or natural causes, officials say.

The release of the findings has angered some of those who fell ill.

And the CIA is still looking into a small number of unexplained cases, where the role of a foreign power has not been ruled out.
Whadda load. Stress in the work place causes a lot of things, and it's very common, so why are these particular symptoms largely peculiar to US DoS points of presence, plus maybe a couple of similar facilities from other countries? I can believe that SOME can be explained by anxiety over whether a worker is going to get the syndrome, but even they have to admit there's a residue of cases they can't or won't explain.

Someone's transmitting microwaves for some reason and it's hurting personnel, and our leaders don't know or won't tell who it is. I thought that before, and I still think that now. I'm not convinced for a second.

For all we know, the CIA is doing it. They've done stranger things.

Denial that a problem exists does not solve the problem.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
ZoWie

Re: CIA says Havana Syndrome is hypochondria

Post by ZoWie »

Now ABC News is spinning it that the CIA said that Havana Syndrome is a foreign actor, due to their admission that around 24 cases cannot be explained and are therefore still unsolved.

Though if you read the story you get the same facts, only in a different order.

Gotta love the Nooz.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cia-for ... d=82376545
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22